Mothering Forum banner

Welcome! Roll call! Introduce yourself please!

8K views 290 replies 104 participants last post by  Sihaya 
#1 ·
Hi all! Welcome to the group! Let's start an introduction thread to keep track of everyone.

Name you want to be called:
Area of location you live:
How many children you have already, if any:
Estimated expectancy date:
Hobbies:
Anything else you like to share:

So far we have:

kylaskye - Skye - due with #2 - May 27th
riverbliss - Anna = due with #2 - 5/30
Pinkeeee- Pinky - due with #1 - 6/1
Snowydays - snowydays - due with #2 - 6/1
SynEpona - SynEpona - due with #3 & 4 - 6/1
dawncayden - Dawn - due with #3 - 6/2
eeb388 - Erin - due with #2 - 6/2
gingerbane - - due with #3 - 6/2
jesepumpkin - jese- due with #3 around 6/2
Collerz83 - Collen - due with #2 - 6/3
cteamplayer - MamaC - due with #3 - 6/3
MBHenry - due with #3 - 6/4
Dandy Lion - Erin - due with #3 around 6/5
Activia - Nicole - due with #1 - 6/6
Juneboymum - Becky - due with #3 - 6/7
PrimalMom - PrimalMom - due with #2 - 6/7/13
mrsavory - due with #2 - 6/8
needfire - due with #1 - 6/8
Aylamck - Ayla - due with #1 - 6/9
ElektraofMars - Autumn - due with #6 - 6/9
SarahinDisguise - Sarah - due with #2 around 6/9

grassisgreener - Ang - due with #2 around 6/10
lisaschowski - Lisa - due with #2 around 6/10
shenanegans - Sheena - due with #3 around 6/10
treehugginmama - Heather - due with #6 around 6/10
EarthyLady - Mandy - due with #5 around 6/11
Era28 - Erin - due with #2 around 6/11
lilmiss'mama - Lil'miss - due with #3 - 6/11
sarah finca - Sarah - due with #2 - 6/11
Michelle Murphy - Michelle - due with #1 - 6/12
ashleysimpson - ashley - due with #1 - 6/13
bennegesserit - no name given - due with #2 around 6/14
Bethania Dawn - Bethany - due with #4 - 6/14
ecnarwold - Erica - due with #2 around 6/14
Frumpymama - Sarah - due with #3 - 6/14
Gratefulgoddess - Gaby - due with #1 - 6/14
ladyelms - due with #6 - 6/14
Mama Fish - Kelly - due with #6 around 6/14
onetwoten - JJ - due with #2 around 6/14
amwpJC - Alex 1 due with #1 - 6/15
PhoebeMomIII - PhoebeMom - due with #2 around mid June
RoseLemon - Jeanette - due with #2 6/16
stellercrys - Crystal - due with #3 - 6/16
Turtle614 - Courtney - due w #1 - 6/16
Nestof7 - Naomi - due with #7 - 6/17
researchparent - Michelle - due with #3 - 6/17
Calirose - Chelle/Michelle - due with #3 - 6/18
cmarmor - Carli - due with #1 - 6/18
hallie6313 - Hallie - due with #1 - 6/18
LoganLibby - Logan - due with #1 - 6/19
2ndLife - Lauren - due with #2 - 6/19
BennyPai - Jenny - due with #5 - 6/19

TattooedMama - #4 - mid-late June
berrypavlova - berry - due with #4 around 6/20
Cheeqz - Amber - due with #2 - 6/20
dawnbyington - Dawn - due with #3 - 6/20
ErinLight - ErinL - due with #1 - 6/20
amyrobynne - Amy - due with #4 around 6/2
gitanamama - due with #2 - 6/21
PenelopeC - Yucchi - due with #1 - 6/21
vanillatwilight - Christine - due with #2 - 6/21
vewainwright - Vanessa - due with #3 & 4 - 6/21
Water Mama - Water Mama - due with #2 - 6/22
Cassie Mahlum - Cassi - due with #2 - 6/23
Mozado8210 - Mozado - due w/ #4 - 6/23
Hopefully Mama - due with #1 - 6/24
MBHenry - due with #3 - 6/24
Sihaya - Steph - due with #3 around 6/24
Becky Wheeler - Becky - due with #4 - 6/25
LoveLife - Connie - due with #3 - 6/25
mease8 - Marisa -due with #1 - 6/25
NordHealth - Amanda - due with #3 - 6/25
redeyedvireo - Amity - due with #3 - 6/25
eaustin - Erin - due with #4 &5 - 6/27
fromMontreal - Anik - due with #2 - 6/27
iwearacape - Claire - due with #4 - 6/28
JohannaInDairylad - Johanna - due with #2 - 6/28
lizard79 - due with #1 - 6/28
zakdat - Michelle - due with #4 - 6/28
Charliemae - Charlie - due with #2 - 6/29
LandL - Leanne - due with #2 - 6/29
Rorysmum - Natalie - due with #4 - 6/29
skyview222 - Alicia - due with #1 - 6/29

Katie lane - Katie
MoodyAlly -
Wonder Full - Clare - due with #1 - ?

candle.gif
Angel mommas
candle.gif

MamaBear304
dearabbey
Jesepumpkin
southbaymama
daniellebluetoo
MrsNichols
Metasequoia
fruitfulmomma
jennmk13
Kellyim
MakeItSew

See less See more
#102 ·
Hi Gaby! welcome :)

Sounds like we're a similar length along (I'm also about 6 weeks now) and it's nice to have another Aussie here :) From what I've heard and read, a little spotting is normal but if you also have cramps then it's probably best to call your GP just to see if you should go in.

Nice to have you in the DDC!

#103 ·
Name you want to be called: Marisa
Area of location you live: Rochester, NY
How many children you have already, if any: This is our first!
Estimated expectancy date: June 25
Hobbies: Ultimate Frisbee, outside things
Anything else you like to share: My husband and I started trying in mid August and are just at the beginning of the process. 5 weeks in and hoping everything continues to go well and at this point just trying to read up on as much as I can!

#104 ·
Name you want to be called: Johanna
Area of location you live: south central WI
How many children you have already, if any: my big kid Liam turns 4 next month!
Estimated expectancy date: according to the internets, June 28, so I may join the July club too when it goes live
:wink

Hobbies: knitting and crocheting, homebrewing, yoga
Anything else you like to share: 1) I LITERALLY just took the test and got a BFP today. I haven't even told DH yet because he didn't answer his phone earlier. But I am FREAKING OUT. 2) Freaking out due to the fact that I just started nursing the school and will be right smack dab in the middle of it at the EDD.
faint.gif

Even though a part of me feels foolish joining a DDC at this super early point, I had such a great experience with my last pregnancy's DDC, I know that I can be supported here while I'm on this journey, no matter what happened. So DDC, I'm already counting on you!

#106 ·
Name you want to be called: ErinL
Area of location you live: NewYork,NY
How many children you have already, if any: this little one will be our first! We have a cherished pup who is 6 years old.
Estimated expectancy date: approx 6/20, although this is my own estimate - not yet verified by the experts
Hobbies: music, writing, natural living, cooking, vinyl record collecting
Anything else you like to share: My husband and I have been married for 10 years, and we only just started trying. We are amazed by how quickly we made a baby.
joy.gif
So excited, and looking forward to finding a birth team who will support me in welcoming a natural birth.

#107 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinLight View Post

Name you want to be called: ErinL
Area of location you live: NewYork,NY
How many children you have already, if any: this little one will be our first! We have a cherished pup who is 6 years old.
Estimated expectancy date: approx 6/20, although this is my own estimate - not yet verified by the experts
Hobbies: music, writing, natural living, cooking, vinyl record collecting
Anything else you like to share: My husband and I have been married for 10 years, and we only just started trying. We are amazed by how quickly we made a baby.
joy.gif
So excited, and looking forward to finding a birth team who will support me in welcoming a natural birth.
Welcome, fellow New Yorker! (although I'm not a native...so I don't know if I count...)
peace.gif

#108 ·
sad to say the i am expecting a miscarriage. please take me off the list.

i hope the rest of you have a healthy pregnancy. june is such a perfect month for a baby!

#116 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie lane View Post

Hello! My name is Katie and you can call me Katie!

I have no children this would be my husband, Richard, and my first!

We live in Cincinnati, Ohio, we just moved here a few months ago and bought our first house in August and renovated the kitchen ourselves literally after we put the faucet in, we found out we were pregnant, talk about timing!!

We want a home birth and I have joined a home birth group here in Cincinnati, it is harder here in Ohio because CPMs are not regulated! If anyone is from Cincinnati, or knows some midwives I can talk to that would be great!! Also any other information on anyone's home birth including price so I have an idea, that would be amazing!

My hobbies include baking, i really enjoy cooking, and record buying and listening to (if you count that)
@katie lane - are you still looking for a homebirth midwife? 2 of my homebirths were in Columbus. I still have contacts to the area and can see if I can get some 411 for ya. :) Just let me know! I used a Direct Entry Midwife, but there are also CNM that do home births in Ohio as well.

#117 ·
Hi I'm Anna. Due date is may 30 but since I was 10 days late last time I figured I had better join the June club. I have a great little family - a wonderful husband and a sweet little 23 month old son. And a dog. We live in Prescott Arizona a sweet mountain town. I love being outside, hiking, biking and climbing, and all activities related to whitewater and rivers. Our son was a home birth baby (in Oregon) and that was an awesome experience. We are hoping to have another home birth this time too.

#118 ·
Name you want to be called: Erin
Area of location you live: SE Pennsylvania
How many children you have already, if any: Four (2 girls, 2 boys)
Estimated expectancy date: 6/22/14 (I know when I conceived and it matches up exactly with the date of my last period.)
Hobbies: Gardening, cooking, reading, long walks - oh, and we're homeschoolers.
Anything else you like to share:

I'm 6 weeks, 3 days and it feels really early to be posting this; I guess I'm a little superstitious. This is (another) surprise baby and I'm feeling a bit ambivalent about the whole thing. 2014 was going to be the year of ME where I finally got to sleep through the night, nobody wore diapers, I could do some detoxing (since at almost 3 years old, Ds can't nurse that much longer) and I could just focus on replenishing what I've lost being pregnant and/or nursing for almost 15 years. I'm 36 (37 in January) and I kind of felt like I was finished with the baby years.

I keep thinking of that night when I said to DH: "Did you just?" and he said "I did" and I picture myself banging him over the head with a cast iron skillet. He'd been saying "I just want to have one more." And all I could think about is how exhausted I am with these four little people. Now he struts around like a proud cock.
:eyesroll

I haven't told anyone (except you guys.) I haven't even told DH that I took a test but he knows exactly when my period is due so he's figured it out on his own. Last night he asked me if I was still in denial.

I'm a bit worried that my almost-14-year-old daughter will stomp off when we finally tell the kids but it could just be that that's been her style lately. The teenage drama is nuts - one minute she's yelling at everyone and the next she's on the floor rolling around in fits of laughter. Both girls were a HUGE help when their littlest brother arrived and I hope the novelty hasn't worn off by the time this little one arrives.

I've also had some guilt about my little guy being bumped back. I felt awful guilt when I found out I was pregnant with my second but after that it was fine - no guilt with the third pregnancy. Maybe it's because he's already growing up so fast and I know that when this baby arrives, he'll instantly become "a big boy." He's been wearing undies for a couple of months now and he's getting so big.

NURSING: I really don't want to tandem but I also don't want to wean my toddler. Maybe I'll just sit back and let it roll. I kind of wish my milk had dried up this time...

#119 ·
Hi everyone!

Name you want to be called: needfire
Area of location you live: Central Massachusetts
How many children you have already, if any: 1st pregnancy!
Estimated expectancy date: 6/8/14
Hobbies: reading, cooking, thrift shopping, singing
Anything else you like to share: Hoping to have a homebirth! I met with a local midwife recently, and also have an appt with the hospital based midwives at my GYN office. Trying to figure out how to navigate the testing/backup coverage/insurance stuff involved with homebirth in the US (fun!)

#120 ·
Name you want to be called: Danielle
Area of location you live: Palm Desert, California
How many children you have already, if any: 1, 11yr old DS
Estimated expectancy date: end of June
Hobbies: All things holistic, reiki, cooking, nutrition, GAPS, parrots and parrot re-hab
Anything else you like to share: I'm 35, married my best friend of 7yrs in vegas on our birthday this yr, scared @ this pregnancy, it was planned but it's been so long and I've been spotting for over a week ;-( I think that's it ;-) Oh, and looking for a midwife and an OB for a hb.

Reactions: kylaskye
#122 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbyington View Post

I'm dawn

I have two kids ages 8 and 5

I live in Spartanburg SC

I am due June 20 2014

I am also a birth doula, and childbirth educator. (this is going to be fun) lol
Welcome to the June 20th Club, I think there are 4 of us now!! :)

#123 ·
Name you want to be called: Carli
Area of location you live: Tallahassee, FL
How many children you have already, if any: 0
Estimated expectancy date: June 18th
Hobbies: knitting and crochet (all kinds of crafts really), researching all things birth and baby, and gardening!
Anything else you like to share: I'm planning a home birth!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.