Just checking in! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2014, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,756
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Just checking in!

Hi mamas! Just checking to see how things are going for your group here in the new forum setup. Any problems I can help with? Features not working or that you'd like to have?

cynthia mosher is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-12-2014, 09:42 PM
 
ecnarwold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It would be nice if there was a quick link to view the most recent or last viewed post on each thread.
ecnarwold is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 PM
 
primalmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
How do I change email notifications? I don't want to be notified whenever there's a new post or thread in the DDC... (I basically want to check mothering at my convenience and not be notified about anything ever, which is how it used to be). I'm getting daily+ emails..
primalmom is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,756
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecnarwold View Post
It would be nice if there was a quick link to view the most recent or last viewed post on each thread.
Youi'll find a quick link to the most recent post or most recent after the last post you viewed in the "Last Post" box here:





Quote:
Originally Posted by primalmom View Post
How do I change email notifications? I don't want to be notified whenever there's a new post or thread in the DDC... (I basically want to check mothering at my convenience and not be notified about anything ever, which is how it used to be). I'm getting daily+ emails..
UserCP-> Settings & Options (in the left navbar)
Scroll to Messaging & Notification and you should find a box there "Default Thread Subscription Mode" where you can make the change as you wish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg last.jpg (66.6 KB, 41 views)

cynthia mosher is online now  
Old 06-13-2014, 06:16 AM
 
Sihaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In a brand new place all over again
Posts: 2,987
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
In addition to changing your thread subscription options, @primalmom , you may want to change your options for being notified by email when you are tagged, mentioned, or quoted to further limit the number of emails you receive.

In User CP, under User Tagging, click on Settings. There you can enable, limit, or disable alerts and emails for mentions, quotes, tags, and hash tags.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Sihaya is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 07:48 AM
 
primalmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I think none of this works on the mobile site, the options just aren't in the menus... I'm working with 1 hand (the other is holding a newborn) on my phone and a somewhat low degree of "clicking the right spot" accuracy (which is needed work the full site from a phone)

:-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
In addition to changing your thread subscription options, @primalmom , you may want to change your options for being notified by email when you are tagged, mentioned, or quoted to further limit the number of emails you receive.

In User CP, under User Tagging, click on Settings. There you can enable, limit, or disable alerts and emails for mentions, quotes, tags, and hash tags.
primalmom is offline  
Old 06-13-2014, 08:06 AM
 
Sihaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In a brand new place all over again
Posts: 2,987
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Oh, yes, editing preferences is nigh impossible using mobile. I gave up after wanting to throw my tablet against the wall (and it is a good bit easier to use the desktop version from a tablet since the screen is slightly larger than a phone). Once my babe comes, I'll be on the tablet almost exclusively for at least a month, so I imagine I just won't be able to visit MDC more than once a week or so at that point.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Sihaya is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,756
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Mobile functionality is being discussed and issues addressed here: Mobile Site Feedback Thread

I posted a link to your post here primalmom so our tech team can take a look at the issues you've raised.

cynthia mosher is online now  
Old 06-17-2014, 08:04 AM
 
primalmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 207
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks, under normal circumstances I'd be happy to help troubleshoot and improve, but not so much with a newborn in one hand and the phone in the other. The site changeover was just badly timed in relation to my pregnancy ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
Mobile functionality is being discussed and issues addressed here: Mobile Site Feedback Thread

I posted a link to your post here primalmom so our tech team can take a look at the issues you've raised.
primalmom is offline  
Old 06-18-2014, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,756
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by primalmom View Post
Thanks, under normal circumstances I'd be happy to help troubleshoot and improve, but not so much with a newborn in one hand and the phone in the other. The site changeover was just badly timed in relation to my pregnancy ;-)
No problem! You don't need to help us troubleshoot. I just wanted you to know that I reported the issues you raised over in the Mobile forum so that they can be addressed.

cynthia mosher is online now  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off