1Likes
  • 1 Post By cynthia mosher

#1 of 10 Old 06-12-2014, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Just checking in!

Hi mamas! Just checking to see how things are going for your group here in the new forum setup. Any problems I can help with? Features not working or that you'd like to have?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 06-12-2014, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It would be nice if there was a quick link to view the most recent or last viewed post on each thread.
#3 of 10 Old 06-12-2014, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
How do I change email notifications? I don't want to be notified whenever there's a new post or thread in the DDC... (I basically want to check mothering at my convenience and not be notified about anything ever, which is how it used to be). I'm getting daily+ emails..
#4 of 10 Old 06-13-2014, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecnarwold View Post
It would be nice if there was a quick link to view the most recent or last viewed post on each thread.
Youi'll find a quick link to the most recent post or most recent after the last post you viewed in the "Last Post" box here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalmom View Post
How do I change email notifications? I don't want to be notified whenever there's a new post or thread in the DDC... (I basically want to check mothering at my convenience and not be notified about anything ever, which is how it used to be). I'm getting daily+ emails..
UserCP-> Settings & Options (in the left navbar)
Scroll to Messaging & Notification and you should find a box there "Default Thread Subscription Mode" where you can make the change as you wish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg last.jpg (66.6 KB, 41 views)

#5 of 10 Old 06-13-2014, 05:16 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
In addition to changing your thread subscription options, @primalmom , you may want to change your options for being notified by email when you are tagged, mentioned, or quoted to further limit the number of emails you receive.

In User CP, under User Tagging, click on Settings. There you can enable, limit, or disable alerts and emails for mentions, quotes, tags, and hash tags.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#6 of 10 Old 06-13-2014, 06:48 AM

I think none of this works on the mobile site, the options just aren't in the menus... I'm working with 1 hand (the other is holding a newborn) on my phone and a somewhat low degree of "clicking the right spot" accuracy (which is needed work the full site from a phone)

:-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
In addition to changing your thread subscription options, @primalmom , you may want to change your options for being notified by email when you are tagged, mentioned, or quoted to further limit the number of emails you receive.

In User CP, under User Tagging, click on Settings. There you can enable, limit, or disable alerts and emails for mentions, quotes, tags, and hash tags.
#7 of 10 Old 06-13-2014, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Oh, yes, editing preferences is nigh impossible using mobile. I gave up after wanting to throw my tablet against the wall (and it is a good bit easier to use the desktop version from a tablet since the screen is slightly larger than a phone). Once my babe comes, I'll be on the tablet almost exclusively for at least a month, so I imagine I just won't be able to visit MDC more than once a week or so at that point.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#8 of 10 Old 06-14-2014, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mobile functionality is being discussed and issues addressed here: Mobile Site Feedback Thread

I posted a link to your post here primalmom so our tech team can take a look at the issues you've raised.
VS JEFF likes this.

#9 of 10 Old 06-17-2014, 07:04 AM

Thanks, under normal circumstances I'd be happy to help troubleshoot and improve, but not so much with a newborn in one hand and the phone in the other. The site changeover was just badly timed in relation to my pregnancy ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
Mobile functionality is being discussed and issues addressed here: Mobile Site Feedback Thread

I posted a link to your post here primalmom so our tech team can take a look at the issues you've raised.
#10 of 10 Old 06-18-2014, 03:30 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalmom View Post
Thanks, under normal circumstances I'd be happy to help troubleshoot and improve, but not so much with a newborn in one hand and the phone in the other. The site changeover was just badly timed in relation to my pregnancy ;-)
No problem! You don't need to help us troubleshoot. I just wanted you to know that I reported the issues you raised over in the Mobile forum so that they can be addressed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page