Regular Contractions and then NOTHING! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-12-2014, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Regular Contractions and then NOTHING!

I hope I'm not intruding. I joined this group a while back, but never introduced myself.
2nd time mom here, due today (according to ultrasound) or on June 17th (according to my erratic cycles).

Yesterday my heart began racing like crazy, I couldn't catch my breath. After a couple of hours of monitoring at home I decided to go to the hospital at the midwife's suggestion. They hooked me up to machines, and found out that I was having regular contractions, 1.5-5 minutes apart.
Last week I was dialated to a 2 and 70% effaced. Upon checking my cervix they found that I now dialated to a 3cm and still 70% effaced. I walked for about an hour, and they checked me again with no progress. I was sent home.

Skip ahead 24 hours. Contractions are completely gone. I feel great, actually... like, I'm not even pregnant. What a let down! With my last baby my water broke, and suddenly the strong contractions started. I never once had a Braxton Hicks. It's amazing to me how different each pregnancy can be from another.

Anyone else go through this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-12-2014, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I had a very similar situation happen last night/this morning. It's super frustrating! I don't have any advice, though, sorry. Hopefully our babies make up their minds and decide to show up for real soon!
#3 of 6 Old 06-13-2014, 02:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecnarwold View Post
I had a very similar situation happen last night/this morning. It's super frustrating! I don't have any advice, though, sorry. Hopefully our babies make up their minds and decide to show up for real soon!
I also had a similar situation. I had strong constant cramps that had me down and out on the couch yesterday afternoon and night. In the middle of the night the constant ache changed to a pattern of contractions 2 or 3 minutes apart. Then they started to wane. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep and woke up with no sign pf labor.

I am getting induced at 39 weeks on the 23rd (due to blood clotting risks) and have not had any dilation or efacement. I am hoping with the pain from yesterday at least produces spme changes. Otherwise my chance of a csection will be pretty significant. I cettainly wouldnt mind going into labor on my own.
#4 of 6 Old 06-13-2014, 02:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Oh one thing that could be happening...drink enough water. Dehydration can cause this type of thing.
#5 of 6 Old 06-13-2014, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yes, it's quite common. I had 18 hours of regular contractions, then nothing for about. 24 hours , then real labor for 10 hours and a baby. There was a difference in intensity though and I noticed it right away. The ache in my bones during contractions that was missing the time before too.
#6 of 6 Old 06-14-2014, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Experiencing same thing- you aren't alone. Due in 3 days- have been dilated 4cm 50% effaced for a week..
I had regular rushes and strong menstrual cramps and back pain for two days that never intensified or became closer. But baby has dropped. (4 th pregnancy) and I am dilating. I've stopped getting worked up, took family up on the babysitting help promised for birth, and have had several naps over the last couple days. Try to not get worked up. But who am I to say that? Sheesh. I definitely relate :-)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page