June chat that is not a closed thread, I hope. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-09-2014, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
June chat that is not a closed thread, I hope.

They screwed up something. It seems all the old threads in our forum are now closed. So here is the post I had made to the chat thread:

#1 Unread 06-06-2014, 12:49 PM
mrsgail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
June Chat
Hey Mamas! It's June. How are all of your little babies? Levi is 2 weeks old today. He's sleeping pretty good at night--about 3, 3-4 hour stretches. He's been having a fussy period every night for the last 3 nights--but only for about 20-30minutes.

His cord is still attached--I hope it falls off soon. I'm always nervous it's going to get caught on something if he isn't wearing his onesie.

Instead of having "falling" dreams, I've been having dreams that I'm dropping him. Or I dream that I forgot to put him in the side-sleeper before I fell asleep and he's stuck under my blankets. I wake up with a jolt and racing heart.

Emotionally I've been doing good. I had a few weepy spells in the hospital when we were there for 4 days after he was born due to his jaundice, but I think that was mainly from sleep deprivation. Is everyone else doing okay?

I wish I could figure out how to attach pictures to this new format...he's growing so fast and gets cuter by the day!!
mrsgail is online now Report Post
#2 Unread 06-06-2014, 03:19 PM
maragrace

Bump!
well, Aspin is 3 days today, and doing great! mrsgail: she had jaundice to and they tried to keep us in overnight, but I said no, and she's clearing up, due to lots of sun exposure. I'm dealing with a bit of jealousy with both DD 1, and 2, even though 1's only 1 yr! do you have any other kids?
maragrace is online now Report Post
#3 Unread 06-06-2014, 04:11 PM
baileyb

Eliza is 4 weeks old now. She has a 2 hour fussy period at night but as long as I get the other kids in bed before it starts its not too bad. And her's is 9-11 pm so its late enough that they need to be in bed by then anyway.

Today, though, she has only slept about 5-10 minutes at a time all day aside from a 30 minute sleep with DH on the couch. I'm pooped! And hungry! She is not any extra hungry either she just wants up with mommy. I think she knew I wanted to do a good clean of the house and catch up on laundry. : )

At night Eliza has spread her sleep out from religiously every 1-2 hours to every 3 hours. I go to bed at 10:00 or 11:00 so I only end up feeding her twice before I am up in the a.m. Day time eating has spread out to every 2-3 hours which is a great improvement over the every 30 minutes - hour feeds she was doing before.

Jealousy with the other 2 kids is going ok. Neither seems jealous of the baby but my 3.5 y.o. has been getting rough, competitive, and acting out against my 13 m.o. but I haven't figured out if its just her age or the fact that the 13 m.o. is not "the baby" anymore. Its kind of like, 'hey, were wrestling and having fun...oops I maybe bit her finger and now she is crying.'

Oh, my crazy house....lol!
baileyb is online now Report Post
#4 Unread 06-07-2014, 09:51 AM
EnviroBecca

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lydia is 5 weeks today and doing well. She has acid reflux and is taking a tiny dose of Zantac which seems to help a lot. At times she spits up hugely; I wish she wouldn't because it is disgusting and wasting my milk, but I know she will outgrow it. She was not back to her birthweight by 2 weeks but did get there by 3 weeks and has definitely grown since. She can still get into her coming-home outfit, but it is tight now.

Weather has been beautiful here, so we have been out for at least one walk every day and to a bunch of events. I try not to worry about exposure to some dread disease. It's fun showing her off to people. It seems like everywhere we go, strangers approach us for conversation that begins with basically, "I see you have a baby. I also know a baby." I swear, one of these people said, "My cousin's neighbor has a nephew who's 10 months." Weird, but it is nice that everyone is interested in my baby.

Nursing is going better. Lydia is able to nurse lying down sometimes, so I don't always have to get up in the night. She is not chewing on me as much as she was. She does sometimes force her arms in between us, preventing her from latching or pulling herself loose. We went to LLL and got some advice. It was fun seeing other moms and babies and being in a real-life mom discussion, too.

Lydia often sleeps 3 hours at a time at night and sometimes separates them with just nursing and going back to sleep. Other nights she is up for a while around 3-5am. About one night in 4 she is very difficult to get to sleep at the beginning of the night--which I don't even attempt until 10:00 unless she happens to be sleeping and I am ready to conk out with her. Overall she is sleeping better than her brother, who typically nursed every hour around the clock, skipping a few of the hours each day but at unpredictable times!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#2 of 3 Old 06-09-2014, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Oh, it copied the entire thread! Well, I guess that is even better than copying just my post!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
I posted to the thread so it seems to be fine now. Please confirm and if you can post too let me know if you want this one removed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page