Postpartum Chat - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 47 Old 02-02-2014, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been really lucky this time had have felt pretty god overall, but I'm glad my placenta pills are done.

The birth high wore off last night and Ka-boom ! Hormone bomb of uncertainty.

Uli is a fantastic baby so far -- he took to nursing with surprising ease and my milk came in pretty gently on day 2.

I'm surprised the nursing is going do well because my first had a hard time latching on to huge boobs and now they feel like an advantage instead if a liability. I was side-lying the first night instead of at four months.

Does anyone else belly wrap? I did it after my first and it really helps thing go back together.

I just use my maternity support belt turned around backward and wear it for a few hours a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 47 Old 02-02-2014, 11:55 AM

I belly wrap and have a hip wrap too. Makes a big difference!
#33 of 47 Old 02-02-2014, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtamanda View Post

I belly wrap and have a hip wrap too. Makes a big difference!

What do you have? I've been thinking about doing this.

#34 of 47 Old 02-02-2014, 01:03 PM

What size are you? I found a shrinx hips at a thrift store but it is too small for me. I was going to donate it to goodwill but would happily send it on to someone.
#35 of 47 Old 02-02-2014, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

I'm a 4-6 normally in pants.  I'd be happy to pay shipping if you think it would fit!

#36 of 47 Old 02-02-2014, 10:45 PM

I have a Gabriella elastic binder for my belly and a Shrinxhips. The Shrinxhips is really well made and easy to use. The Gabriella is a basic cheap binder. It works fine but isnt anything special. I have to wear a tank top under it bc i find it uncomfortable near my skin.
#37 of 47 Old 02-03-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtamanda View Post

I have a Gabriella elastic binder for my belly and a Shrinxhips. The Shrinxhips is really well made and easy to use. The Gabriella is a basic cheap binder. It works fine but isnt anything special. I have to wear a tank top under it bc i find it uncomfortable near my skin.

I'm torn on how much money I want to spend.  That's why I keep putting it off.  I wonder if I would end up wearing a tank underneath anyway.  It's hard to believe that even an expensive one would be comfortable.

#38 of 47 Old 02-03-2014, 09:39 AM

That was my logic. Bc even the expensive ones were getting lukewarm reviews. No doubt they are all uncomfortable, but postpartum is uncomfortable! So.
#39 of 47 Old 02-03-2014, 09:40 AM

But waering a tank under it makes it hard to nurse. Gotta take it off to pull up tank. Now if u had a nursing tank, you would be golden.
#40 of 47 Old 02-03-2014, 02:45 PM

Has anybody ordered tops or dresses from Milk?  For the $ (and I am normally a pretty cheap girl) I just want to know if they will last...  

My sweetie is growing like crazy.  She is 2 weeks and 2 days old and is about too long for most of her 3 month sleepers.  It is crazy.  

Also I need to gripe a minute.  I have taken her to the hospital lab for 2 pkus and now we have to go in for a third.  It is highly inconvenient for me to find a sitter and get to town (30 miles away) just to have them poke my sweet little one.  The first one they didn't get enough blood on the card.  The second time they used an expired card.  This is just irritating now.  

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#41 of 47 Old 02-04-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post

I'm a 4-6 normally in pants.  I'd be happy to pay shipping if you think it would fit!

Bummer. It's a m/l, and I tried it on again and it actually fits over my size 20 hips (though not comfortably) so I'm pretty sure it won't fit.
#42 of 47 Old 02-04-2014, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaRRRR View Post

Bummer. It's a m/l, and I tried it on again and it actually fits over my size 20 hips (though not comfortably) so I'm pretty sure it won't fit.

Oh well, thanks for the offer!

iowa, I've never ordered from them so no help there.  Sorry about the PKU.  That is too many trips!  And frustrating that they could screw something so important up so many times.

AFM, my biggest current postpartum challenge is visiting in-laws.  Exhausting!  And... I kind of think DD looks like MIL and it kind of creeps me out when I'm nursing her.  LOL.  I also have to basically pry my daughter out of MILs arms even when she's screaming and rooting around on MIL's shoulder because she's so hungry.  Which apparently, I have to go do yet again...

p.s. not relevant to newborns but does anybody have an opinion on Britax Marathon vs. Radian?  I have been waffling on this decision for months.  Cannot decide.

#43 of 47 Old 02-04-2014, 02:11 PM

cwill- I have never had a radian- but I do have 4 marathons and we love them.  I believe they are all I will ever use...  Easy and comfy.  I have purchased all of mine from allbeebaby.com and always chose the cheapest pattern they have.  

Iowaorganic- mama to DD (1/5/06), DS1 (4/9/07), DS2 (1/22/09), DS3 (12/10/10), DD2 (7/6/12) and a new kid due in early 2014

#44 of 47 Old 02-04-2014, 02:26 PM

Marathon vs Radian, i had both. Marathon is much bigger, so i would say depends on your space in car and how long u want to keep toddler rear facing.
#45 of 47 Old 02-04-2014, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwill View Post

I also have to basically pry my daughter out of MILs arms even when she's screaming and rooting around on MIL's shoulder because she's so hungry.  Which apparently, I have to go do yet again...

FFS, and again.

#46 of 47 Old 02-04-2014, 08:40 PM

I'd be annoyed if my mom was like that . I haven't had to deal with inlaws yet.

Everyone surrenders the baby to me when he starts shoulder hopping.
#47 of 47 Old 02-04-2014, 10:19 PM

I wouldn't even tolerate that Cwill. Matter of factly, go and grab baby. Or better yet keep baby on you in a wrap.

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page