Signs of Labor - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 84 Old 01-10-2014, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was excited for a few days with baby in LOT position (tuesday through this morning) but She/He is moving around and I think turned this afternoon at some point. Is that possible? If she said the baby was engaged and at 0 - can they just pop back outta that sucka :) and rotate around some more??

I'm finding it frustrating that all of a sudden I can't BM without bleeding (tmi I know).

I wasn't really ready anyway. The oils for the diffuser haven't arrived and the birthing tub will be here next week (I think Monday). The cottage / house rentals need to be prioritized as to who we call for availability first and very importantly I need to finish arranging for permissions / coverage at work.

Yay for losing of plug vtamanda! Regardless of whether it can still be some time it is something!!

#32 of 84 Old 01-11-2014, 06:35 AM

Catwmandu- Thats what happened to me the day before I had Atlas! Evertime I had a BM I bled... So maybe you will be having your little one very soon?!?

Happily married to my DH (05/06) and stay-at-home mom to a beautiful daughter energy.gif (01/11) and two sweet angel babies angel.gifangel.gif (2/12 and 11/12) and due Jan 10th with another blessing. 3rdtri.gif
#33 of 84 Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 PM

I'm crampy, grumpy and losing mucous.

Maybe something?
#34 of 84 Old 01-11-2014, 01:10 PM

Hello Mamas,

I thought it was time to stop lurking and join in as I'm awaiting labour this week and each day is bringing new things so thought I'd share where I'm at;

I've been losing my plug for a while (over the last 3weeks) but five days ago had a show whilst waiting to get acupuncture (at 39 + 5) and since then have had a bit of an interesting journey with different feelings daily;

Wednesday was a good day after acupuncture, didn't want to go out and see anyone, felt good and calm and "in the zone"
Thursday was period cramps for hours, really thought it was happening, very tired and sleepy
Friday was super-poop day and some awful reflux but got my energy back, resisted urge to clean the house! 40 weeks (never thought I'd get here)
Saturday was my midwife check, baby is fully engaged and very happy to hang out in my womb, midwife is happy to wait for natural start to labour
Last night my sleep was awful, heavy crampy belly, this baby is in there tight! More plug but nothing else this morning.

I've also noticed with some cramps by belly changes shape and looks weird from above, kind of square!!

I've also noticed my usually odour-free sweat has started to be stronger and think this might be the new hormones kicking in...

So these are my weird and wonderful signs of labour!!! Hope they help to share and thanks for reading, I really get now that early labour can be a long process and needs a lot of patience, good luck ladies!!!

Love x
#35 of 84 Old 01-11-2014, 03:29 PM

Sounds like we will have some more babies very, very soon! Cwill and Naeara and everyone else--I hope you get some relief and a chance to rest before your babies arrive. Welcome Imogenorlah!

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#36 of 84 Old 01-11-2014, 06:01 PM

Welcome Imogenorlah!

Ugh today has been a day. I'm usually a night person but the past week I've actually been waking up at 6 or before. 6:30 and later is problematic and 7 am which is norm for me is pure chaos. We've got the kids and a bunch of pets and if I can get up before everyone I can feed all the furries before they pester and then actually sit with coffee / computer and leisurely and quietly start my day I am so much calmer with the pets and with the kids by the time they get up. Last night I was up every few hours. Body just felt strange, baby moving and crampy and restless. So this morning I got out of bed late and my day just started hectic. I was cranky much of the day and starting around 3pm I was cramping. The cramping has just now subsided but it's been pretty heavy all day. The baby is no longer in great position.

No loss of plug I've seen, cervix still feels high (tried reaching it once today out of curiousity with all of the cramping. I mean hey - If we've got to drive a far distance to birth I should at least see if I can ascertain if we should get a move on or sit tight. :lol

Babe needs to try and sit tight at least to mid late next week. 38 weeks today.

#37 of 84 Old 01-15-2014, 07:30 AM

I'm seriously going to laugh if this kid is born tomorrow.

Why? 

With my first, I had an OB appointment on a Monday, was 3 cm and 60-70% effaced,started having mucous on Wednesday and he was born Thursday afternoon. 

Well? 

OB appt on Monday, 3 cm, 60% effaced.  Mucous this morning. 

Tick tock tick tock.  I need to make it til tomorrow, though, because my OB is not on call today and the one who is annoys me.  

And it's a full moon and the weather changed.  

#38 of 84 Old 01-15-2014, 08:23 AM

This full moon is a good one though to have a baby on- cancer moon- v nurturing maternal nesty sign. Goes well w Capricorn.
I wish I would have this baby today.
I lost my plug on Monday and have been totally loopy since then, contracting and low back pain all night each night.
I am now 40 wks +4. This is the longest I have ever went.
I think I have anxiety about home birthing and my kids being here or something... when I interact w my kids, contrax shut down every time. Been happening since sat.
I have an appt w my midwife in 2 hours if I can manage to drive there. Sigh
I was 3 cm and mostly effaced on Sat.

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#39 of 84 Old 01-15-2014, 08:49 AM

Orchid are you afraid of the kids reactions? Them distracting you?

We've watched videos here and both my 6 yo and 4 yo (highly senstive) will travel with DH and I and be there when I birth. I've got the doula as well so between the doula and DH I am hoping that they will be fine and therefore so will I be.

#40 of 84 Old 01-15-2014, 11:42 AM

I think that I am having some kind of control freak/ maternal overdrive response to my kids being present. My midwife said some moms are like that and can't focus on themselves when their kids are around. She wants me to just relax and if I go into labor during the day to try to get someone to take the kids right away so I can give myself over to the task at hand.
I am a solid dilated 3 now and head is down in pelvis (before was floating up a bit). She feels I need to give up control and just let things happen. Whew. It was a good emotional visit that I needed.

Happily married with two tots (babyboy.gif J 10/18/08) & (babygirl.gif T 5/03/10) 

#41 of 84 Old 01-15-2014, 02:44 PM

Thank goodness for this thread...
I've been lurking off and on since the beginning lol. Just wanted to say at 40 + 6 it's nice to not be alone. Thought labor was starting last night with regular cntx and then went to lie down and rest and they went away. DS 1 was born at 42 +1 and I can't help but hope I don't have to wait that much longer with DS 2.
Sending positive labor vibes to all and trying not to think that everything is a sign now that it might be starting lol.
#42 of 84 Old 01-15-2014, 06:16 PM

For those who think 38 weeks is early please keep in mind that EDD means estimated due date in all true reality its a guess that is why 38-42 weeks should actually be your due time frame because very often the doctors are off (they were not there when it happened in most cases-some exceptions husband is the doc or fertility treatment) just a bit of info a lot of people forget by this point in pregnancy. Unfortunately I'm now 39 weeks and have nothing going on besides for driving my husband bonkers with the compiling honey do list and insisting on shoveling snow myself, I am thankful I didn't go into labor for that arctic whatever it was that hit us with over a foot of snow all at once

#43 of 84 Old 01-15-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchideZ View Post

This full moon is a good one though to have a baby on- cancer moon- v nurturing maternal nesty sign. Goes well w Capricorn.

I thought the same thing! I'm really hoping for a Cappy girl, though her EDD places her in Aquarius. I think a cancer moon/capricorn sun would balance things out because of the polarity. I love all the Capricorns I know, but have a hard time relating to the flighty, social butterfly, superficial nature that most Aquarians I know seem to have. :2whistle

I was really hoping this full moon would bring out baby, but there are no signs whatsoever of that happening tonight. Hmph. 

#44 of 84 Old 01-15-2014, 09:06 PM

I was also hoping the full moon/major weather change we had here would bring on labor.  I had a few contractions that were a bit more intense than I've had yet, but nothing major since. Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up!

Doula/breastfeeding counselor/car seat tech partners.gif forever in love with my big, strong construction man.

Birthmom since Jul/09 adoptionheart-1.gif

Early losses Jan/10 (7w), Aug/11 (5w), Jul/12 (5w)

joy.gifDD Jan '14

femalesling.GIF novaxnocirc.gif bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif ecbaby2.gif cd.gif 

#45 of 84 Old 01-16-2014, 05:59 AM

The moon and I, we had a chat last night in the cold fog.... Came home from my walk and had three strong contractions about 8 minutes apart, crossed my fingers for a couple hours of sleep and went to bed.

Woke up somewhat disappointed just before 5am and went to pee... bloody show!! Now don't anyone remind me that can go on for days or more, I'm having this baby today LOL.

Yes, EDD is just that and I've always been such a non-believer I wouldn't even tell anyone what mine was. But with a known date of conception, previous pregnancy of exactly 40 weeks, and threatened preterm labor this time, I never expected to be at 41 weeks. And if it weren't for the scare over my fluid levels (though they've been fine since, it did worry me about going post-dates) and the fact that I've now used up two of my six weeks of maternity leave already.... I wouldn't care so much...
#46 of 84 Old 01-16-2014, 07:03 AM

Lily I feel you and am crossing fingers for you!!

#47 of 84 Old 01-17-2014, 06:44 PM

Stomach intermittent tightness all day. No loss of plug and nothing measurable in terms of regular tightness. Cervix still very high and posterior though so going by that for now.

#48 of 84 Old 01-19-2014, 03:40 PM

The baby has been really head-butting my cervix for the past few days, especially at night while I'm doing hypnosis or falling asleep, and now I lost my mucus plug.

I've been having mildly painful but totally irregular contractions for a week or so and it was a little demoralizing reading about prodromal labor *not* dilating the cervix (??), so even though I don't know that this baby is coming any time soon, it feels good knowing that I am actually dilating and not just going through pain with nothing to show for it. :)

I did read a theory that maybe prodromal labor occurs when baby needs to be squeezed into a better position, so I've been trying to take advantage of the contractions by getting on hands and knees and doing pelvic rocks to help her. Also doing a lot of pelvic opening stuff recently as I started to have a hunch that I might have a pelvic shape that lends itself to posterior positions - I will fight that possibility with all my might! :)

34 yo mom of boy #1 (Spring 2009), baby #2 is here! (Jan 2014)

2nd generation co-sleeper and extended breastfeeder, grateful to my mom for

letting me witness homebirth as a little girl and giving me confidence in my ability to birth normally.

#49 of 84 Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 PM

Maybe?

I had an appt today and was 4cm , 80% with a "wow, that head is low". Felt barfy all day and just had to go to the store for Popsicles.

Now I have a head mashing VERY uncomfortably in my cervix and I'm wiping pink/brown stuff.

No ctx yet.

My ob isn't on call but wanted me to text her anyway because she said she wants to come in.

And crapola, I needed to finish a photo shoot for work. Oh well.
#50 of 84 Old 01-20-2014, 07:33 PM

I don't think you can get much closer Pamela! Good luck tonight.
#51 of 84 Old 01-22-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaRRRR View Post

Maybe?

I had an appt today and was 4cm , 80% with a "wow, that head is low". Felt barfy all day and just had to go to the store for Popsicles.

Now I have a head mashing VERY uncomfortably in my cervix and I'm wiping pink/brown stuff.

No ctx yet.

My ob isn't on call but wanted me to text her anyway because she said she wants to come in.

And crapola, I needed to finish a photo shoot for work. Oh well.

Thinking of you today! When's your EDD again? Mine's the 29th. I think ours are the closest together out of the group. Sending you "Birth Day" vibes. :goodvibes

#52 of 84 Old 01-22-2014, 07:40 AM

I'm still hanging around, trying to stay calm and focus on other things. 

My due date isn't until 1/26 so I know I've got lots and lots of time.  

I keep having a random contraction and then nothing for hours.  My back aches and i have twinges of pain in my cervix followed by mucous. 

I would like to wait until tomorrow, but who knows.  

Thanks for thinkin' of me! 

#53 of 84 Old 01-22-2014, 09:01 AM

1/26 here too. Having annoying prodromol labor. I wish it would either start or just leave me be!!
#54 of 84 Old 01-22-2014, 02:05 PM

I have had two + weeks now of nighttime cramping/backaches. Am still dilated a full 3 cm and pretty effaced. Lost plug a week and a half ago.
Saw baby on an ultrasound yesterday since I am 41 wks plus some change. She is down low facing back in good position.
I had an acupuncture labor induction session just now and am headed for a nice nap followed by a vigorous walk around supper time when oxytocin is likely to be flowin'.
Hoping this one session does the trick. If not I have a follow up scheduled for Friday. Sigh.

#55 of 84 Old 01-22-2014, 06:54 PM

In case it provides any hope for anyone I went into labor four hours after I lost my mucus plug on Sun night. All the internet stuff I read said mucus plug was less meaningful than bloody show so Pamela you must be awfully close. I perceive that it was all the stuff I was doing to open up my pelvis that got things started - she could finally get low enough in a good position and that's when things started happening.

34 yo mom of boy #1 (Spring 2009), baby #2 is here! (Jan 2014)

2nd generation co-sleeper and extended breastfeeder, grateful to my mom for

letting me witness homebirth as a little girl and giving me confidence in my ability to birth normally.

#56 of 84 Old 01-22-2014, 09:22 PM

That's great but I lost mine a week ago last Monday...think it's gotta be different for everyone?

#57 of 84 Old 01-24-2014, 09:04 AM

Having some intense cramps (spaced out) along w backache and some blood in my pee/lots of low pressure. Feeling hopeful that it will all pick up! It's about time.

#58 of 84 Old 01-24-2014, 12:30 PM

best of luck, @OrchideZ!

same boat here...i think! lots of contractions, bloody show....went from chiro appt to bowling to lunch, and then started feeling super tired/nauseous and out of it. going down for a nap now. contractions are still pretty manageable. don't want to get my hopes up with all of the starting and stopping i have experienced in the past weeks...but this is feeling pretty real right now.

we shall see. thinking i will meet this guy sometime between tonight and the end of the weekend.

#59 of 84 Old 01-24-2014, 12:30 PM

Good luck guys! Still nothing doing here. I am 40 weeks on Sunday.
#60 of 84 Old 01-24-2014, 01:19 PM

40 weeks tomorrow. Contractions today intermittent but not stopping so we'll see.

Thinking about you all.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page