Mothering Forum banner

Anyone showing already?

675 views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  jchole 
#1 ·

Only 8wks, 3 days! my normal weight is 105, I was 110 at my last doctor visit! Just crazy to me...

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm just about 7 weeks and am also showing. I'm only up about 2.5 lbs, but can't button my pants and it is definitely visible (though to the rest of the world I'm sure it just looks like too many cookies). This is my 2nd, and my belly looks like it did around 13-14 weeks with baby #1. Evening is also more intense with the bloating though too!

#6 ·
I definitely have a little bump. I am 9 weeks 5 days. I have gained about 2 lbs. for a while I was convinced I was just bloated, but it has been almost a week since the bump has flattened back out for any amount of time. I'm fleshier everywhere, though. I look like I've gained more than I have. Crazy.

#7 ·
This will be my second baby and last
:D
. My Sister in Law is 22 wks with her second and she just started to show. Wasn't expecting to show so early but I'm excited. One of the best parts about being pregnant is actually looking pregnant. I also get a huge belly! My daughter was 8 lbs and I'm petite & only 5" tall! Had a C-Section w/ my 1st.

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy83 View Post

This will be my second baby and last
orngbiggrin.gif
. My Sister in Law is 22 wks with her second and she just started to show. Wasn't expecting to show so early but I'm excited. One of the best parts about being pregnant is actually looking pregnant. I also get a huge belly! My daughter was 8 lbs and I'm petite & only 5" tall! Had a C-Section w/ my 1st.
Body type does make a difference in how and when a pregnancy shows. I'm petite too, with a long torso. My babies also tend to have an anterior placenta. That means I carry low and, all out front!

A friend of mine is tall, which a wider frame. She carries high and it takes until about 20 weeks, even with #3 (who she is expecting now) for her to start to show. Even then, she doesn't look pregnant, unless you know her!

We are two women with two very different body types. I'm smaller, but have always have much larger (length and weight) than she. That is just part of the wonderful difference that can be seen in normal healthy women and babies!

#9 ·
Yeah, my bloated, gassy and irritated guts are totally showing
:lol

No real baby bump around here as of yet, but I'm surely looking forward to it
:o

Cute pic!

Reactions: Andi4856
#10 ·
I am 9 weeks, 4 days, and my bump is definitely visible in yoga pants. Don't think it's noticeable in work clothes, though, which is good since I haven't gone public with the pregnancy at work. I have only gained about a pound, which is much less than I had at this point in my first pregnancy, but I started out this pregnancy a lot heavier (I was a healthy weight before #1 but never got back to pre-pregnancy before conceiving this time, and also got pregnant the week after the holidays!).

#11 ·
Wilhelmina - I'm with you. Belly! But it ain't baby. Not yet, though I have noticed when I have braxton hicks, I can feel my fundus a ways up already! 9 weeks 5 days. I don't even think I'm hiding it in work clothes...

I'm tall, with a long torso and narrow hips, and I carried ALL OUT FRONT with my dd. People joked they could see the belly minutes before they could see me rounding a corner.

#12 ·
Seastars - In my case it's a 'mass of gass' what I have up front there
:twins
Man I crack myself up. But I'm only 8+2 at this point.

With my DD, I didn't truly show until about week 16 and even then folks didn't notice because of how tiny I've always been so that little bump was hardly noticeable to them. At about 5 months, even a doctor (general practitioner) laughed it off saying that there is no way I'm 5 moths pregnant with that teensy weensy belly (yes, I did fight the urge to punch him out, haha). The issue was that my daughter was just sitting all the way in somewhere really close to my spine, haha. I do have a pic from just before I gave birth and it was a really nice and round belly … absolutely perfect. My daughter was very average-sized as well - 7 lbs and 4 oz.

Yeah, so I'm really really curious how it's going to be with this one … I mean, I'm already bigger now than I was at week 12 with DD, but as said earlier, it's just all that gass and bloat. Not to mention I just simply 'let it all hang out' ever since I found out I was pregnant.

#14 ·
Yes, I'm totally showing, and wearing bulky clothes because I'm not ready for the comments, and because it's still 20 degrees here (grrrr.)

My non-pregnant BMI is 16.2 (textbooks would call that emaciated, but my whole family is like that--- a bunch of bean poles, and pretty healthy.) Anyway, there's no room for anything in my belly before it pops out. Plus my abs are a little saggy from my last pregnancy. I'm glad I'm not the only one popping out already.

#16 ·
Yes, at least to myself. I'm definitely bigger and shaped different than prepregnancy. Whether not anyone else would notice, I can't say. Some of it may be due to bloating, but I think most of it is my guts getting shoved out of the way by my growing uterus. 10 weeks tomorrow!

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelmina View Post

Yeah, my bloated, gassy and irritated guts are totally showing
lol.gif

No real baby bump around here as of yet, but I'm surely looking forward to it
redface.gif

Cute pic!
This ^

#18 ·
I just found out I've actually lost 4 pounds since I got pregnant … The same happened to me with my daughter in the first trimester … but then I was already quite underweight, so it was a bit more worrying than this time around (now I'm BMI 20 - in the 'normal' range … whatever that means, haha).

#19 ·
I lost about 15 pounds right before getting pregnant (surprise!) but that just brought me down from obese to overweight. I still have a spare tire that basically has made me look a few months pregnant for years. I hope it turns into a true bump sooner than later! I just look fat for now. :/

#20 ·
I've gained 2.8 lbs, and the dumb mainstream pregnancy app is calling the "excessive"! I'm still in my normal 5 lb Yo-yo range so I don't even consider it weight gain. I took my starting weight on a day when I have virtually no bloating (just before a shower). I have crazy bloating today. So I'm sure it is all bloat weight.

#21 ·
Darcy, you are adorable!

Almost 10 weeks with my 3rd, and not showing yet. I ran into my trainer when I took my older daughter to the gym today, and she remarked on how much weight I've lost since she saw me a month ago. I've been so sick and unable to eat. I'm hoping to start eating again and put on some weight.

The good news is that I haven't had to buy any new clothes yet.

#22 ·
Adorable!

I am definitely showing. This week I went from bloated to hard belly. Earlier than I expected but I guess with twins, all bets are off. I'm 7 1/2 weeks. We announced on FB and lots of belly pic requests ensued but all I'm up for now is sleeping and running to bathroom for nausea or bladder.

#23 ·
This is my weekly photo from yesterday. I got a lot rounder over that last week. I can defiantly feel my uterus when I lay on my tummy too! Right now, it just looks like I've added a couple pounds, and not much that looks like baby.

#25 ·
Not showing yet as I am a little fluffy, but I can't button my pants anymore. I cried getting ready for work a few days ago. My uterus is pushing everything up so it looks like I am showing and everyone wants to rub the belly.
:irked

#26 ·
Lol, yesterday I started wearing my 'huge' pants again even though I've actually lost weight since the start of the pregnancy (I put them away after I lost a lot of my apres-pregnancy weight)
:rotflmao
I'm really uncomfortable in my 'normal' pants ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.