2Likes
  • 1 Post By HappyCianci
  • 1 Post By SomethinWitty

#1 of 11 Old 06-21-2014, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
craving junk

I don't have ms anymore but I do feel food aversion. I feel so lazy to cook and turned off to normal food. I'm craving junk from restaraunts I don't usually eat. I lay down at night and dream about cherry pies or chilli dogs.... gross but yummy. I can't afford all these cravings plus its unhealthy anyone else??
#2 of 11 Old 06-21-2014, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
**sheepishly raises hand**

Me, too. Trying to just cook things at home is hard when I feel like eating nothing and am dog tired at the end of the day. I'm trying to eat more protein but I hate meat and am sooo sick of beans and lentils. And eggs- my usual protein go to still make me super queasy.

It is much easier to get a philly cheese steak from the local sandwich shop... Or a bean burrito from taco bell.

Will power is at an all time low. I've tried being upset with myself but the truth is if I could just be hooked up to an IV drip I so would.

I really think the root of the problem for me is being sick of eating protein and fatigue (thus making cooking good stuff challenging.)

I normally love cooking- but right now wish my husband knew how to cook. He can grill... But again- ugh with the meat.
#3 of 11 Old 06-21-2014, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

meat is so gross at this point...
I find I can eat it only if its disguised in a burrito or somewhere.

ELY -Mommy to many

#4 of 11 Old 06-21-2014, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have eaten more cheeseburgers in the last month than I think I have total in my life- and I LOVE TACO BELL right now. Who knows what their meat really is or their "cheese" sauce- but I cannot help it sometimes. I have no energy for cooking- I think my pregnancy insomnia came early, I have not been sleeping and I just feel so done by the end of the day after working... I tell my baby I'm sorry every time I go to five guys or taco bell!!
#5 of 11 Old 06-22-2014, 08:39 PM

Oh, mamas! I'm sorry for the food woes. On a different, more mainstream DDC I belong to, the moms mostly revel in all the junk food they indulge in. We're an especially conscientious bunch.

Eating well while pregnant is so super hard. I usually do great for meals, because my cooking habit is unbreakable, but I trip up on snacks. I'm not used to eating snacks at all. Last night, at 1am, I ate leftover beef stir-fry--just the beef--and a bunch of nacho corn chips. I slunk into the living room afterwards and told my partner "I'm the pregnant jerk who ate all the beef out of the stir fry."

I am having fun eating lots of meat, though (lots for me, at least). My first pregnancy was almost completely vegetarian.

My favorite sorta-healthy pregnant comfort food is stovetop mac-and-cheese made with whole wheat macaroni and real grated cheddar. Try a ratio of 1 cup of dry pasta to 1 cup of shredded cheese. Boil and drain the pasta, then stir in the cheese with a splash of milk. Some carrot sticks and cukes and fresh summer fruit on the side. Great stuff. My 3-year old loves it too, of course.
sunfish75 likes this.

Me: 31 Copilot: 37
Our son Darwin: 3/25/11
Expecting #2 in October... it's a girl!
We are an extended-breastfeeding, baby-wearing, sleep-sharing, real-food family.

#6 of 11 Old 06-23-2014, 04:23 PM

So far, this week, I've done better with food. Just writing on this thread that I've been eating Taco bell was enough to shame me into avoiding the drive throughs.

It helps that the farmer's market was especially good this past Saturday and I got a ton of fresh fruit and veggies. So far this week I've eaten 90% organic and all whole foods (minus the corn tortillas at lunch today, but I mean- corn tortillas! I can't resist em!)

How is everyone else doing with food? I'm hoping I can stay back on track and eat more my traditional diet of whole foods/ organic.
#7 of 11 Old 06-24-2014, 06:57 AM

It's funny - I've had more Taco Bell in the last few months than the whole previous year. It's very frustrating to think of yourself as someone who eats well only to have that aspect slip when it matters the most. I usually crave leafy greens but since being pregnant it's been a challenge to motivate myself to eat them when I'd rather have bread, pasta, and ice cream. Cooking used to be my favorite part of the day, but I find I lack both energy and inspiration to put together the same sort of meals I used to. Even though I've been trying to keep on, I find when my healthy dinner is sitting in front of me my usual response is meh. To cope I try to trap myself making sure there isn't another option, but every time I'm out and about that drive through calls to me . . .
#8 of 11 Old 06-25-2014, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

yes what is with taco bell? Its so disgusting and yet so tasty!
My kids are totally grossed out. Apparently, its not real meat?! all chemical and filler... http://www.takepart.com/video/2014/0...ed-ground-beef I dont know what to believe.
I just need a grilled burrito every now and then.
If I could stomach looking at raw flesh myself, maybe I could make one at home.
everyday is a challenge.

ELY -Mommy to many

#9 of 11 Old 06-26-2014, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Well, Taco Bell hasn't called to me at all! Only the much healthier McDonald's. :P Actually, if Chipotle had a drive through (so I didn't have to get DS out of the car), and there actually was a Chipotle where I currently live, I would probably eat that for every meal. But I probably wouldn't feel to guilty about it.

We've been doing better the past couple of weeks with cooking at home, though that doesn't necessarily mean better eating - witness last week's Jell-o cake and other preservative-filled home-made foods. It's a step in the right direction, at least. Last night I made broccoli cheese soup - and I actually ate it! It didn't taste broccoli-y to me.

I have been trying to make myself eat a little fruit every time my son eats fruit - and he would live on fruit if he could! (I am not a fruit-eater even when not pregnant, so this is big for me!) I haven't fully succeeded, but I've done better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCianci View Post
Last night, at 1am, I ate leftover beef stir-fry--just the beef--and a bunch of nacho corn chips. I slunk into the living room afterwards and told my partner "I'm the pregnant jerk who ate all the beef out of the stir fry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethinWitty View Post
I tell my baby I'm sorry every time I go to five guys or taco bell!!
I do this, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SequoiaM View Post
It's funny - I've had more Taco Bell in the last few months than the whole previous year. It's very frustrating to think of yourself as someone who eats well only to have that aspect slip when it matters the most. I usually crave leafy greens but since being pregnant it's been a challenge to motivate myself to eat them when I'd rather have bread, pasta, and ice cream. Cooking used to be my favorite part of the day, but I find I lack both energy and inspiration to put together the same sort of meals I used to. Even though I've been trying to keep on, I find when my healthy dinner is sitting in front of me my usual response is meh. To cope I try to trap myself making sure there isn't another option, but every time I'm out and about that drive through calls to me . . .
I am not the best eater not pregnant, but I try. It all goes to pot when I get pregnant. I feel the same way - this is THE most important time to eat really well, and I eat more chemicals and preservatives and garbage than at any other time! But pregnancy makes me so ill for so long that it really is a matter of survival for me to let go of my worries and just eat what I can for the first half or so. When I hear women talking about, "Well, just try to have one smoothie a day!" or "Just blend up some zucchini into your spaghetti!", I have to fight the urge to punch someone. I am glad others either aren't as sick as I am, or have 100x my power to overcome their gag reflex, but I have to work with what I have. And if it's the ability to eat Pop Tarts, it's the ability to eat Pop Tarts. I'm finally to the point now where I can eat most things. (Except soy. Cannot eat that. Had 2 bites of a soy-protein enriched granola bar last night, and felt like I was back in the first half of pregnancy all over again!) Now is the really hard slog, because I've got 4.5 months of eating whatever didn't seem completely revolting or immediately make me ill on consumption under my belt, and I have to remind myself that I don't have that excuse any more. Though truthfully, if my diet when I was pregnant with my son has any serious, long-lasting consequences, I haven't seen them yet.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014 it's a
#10 of 11 Old 07-06-2014, 04:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
As I sit here at 430 am to eat instant waffles (hey, I bought the best ones that I could!), I wanted to share some words my midwife shared with me. I gained A LOT of weight in the last three weeks- I am not at an unhealthy weight at all, only a few pounds over being on track and she said that it wasn't unhealthy, just sort of surprising ( I am a pretty small person to begin with and I was gaining steadily previously, it might just be where I am at in this pregnancy). I told her what I had eaten and had been eating. I haven't had taco bell in quite a bit! And have been eating better. I told her, though, how I struggled to eat vegetables, even though I have always been a veggie eater.

She told me that once upon a time, veggies could have been toxic to pregnancy (germy, over-fortified, etc.) So, she said many women struggle to eat them during pregnancy. It is normal. It is normal to crave crappy, comfort foods. I told her that I actually made salmon and asparagus, onions, mushrooms, and squash saute and when it was all said and done, I wasn't satisfied because all I really wanted was effing cheerios.

She reminded me not to beat myself up and to ride the waves, and if I can, have fun with it.

For the most part we are all doing really well and probably being way too hard on ourselves
SequoiaM likes this.
#11 of 11 Old 07-06-2014, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I have this awesome taco shop called Taco Town....so yum! I'm hooked!

Yes, I have wanted junk. Sweets included!
...and spicy food!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page