July General Chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#1 of 16 Old 07-13-2014, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
July General Chat

I thought I'd try starting a newer chat thread and see if it sparked more posts. I know some past DDCs have had weekly chat threads, but that seems like a lot. So we'll see what happens here. I think we're still recovering some from the site transition.

Anyway, I have THE WIGGLIEST BABY ON EARTH. I swear, my son did not wiggle this much, especially not this soon (I'm 28.5 weeks). This baby seems to love having dance parties. And he/she is FORCEFUL. I can't believe how strong the wiggling is. I can not only see my stomach "bump", like it did with ds, but see bulges and movements come and go. It's making me a little crazy, to be honest. Not much to be done about it, though.

Also, I was able to express some colostrum earlier this week, which is kind of cool. I could never do that before birth with DS, but I wonder if that was partially due to not really knowing how to properly go about hand expressing. Thankfully, my boobs haven't gotten any funny ideas about leaking thus far.

We are having a follow-up ultrasound Thursday for the choroid plexus cyst found at 20 weeks, so hopefully baby will cooperate and we can finally find out if we have a he or a she in there. Also have to do my GTT sometime this week. Yay. But it isn't fasting, so I think I'll be okay.

What about everyone else? How is the third trimester (or the end of the second) treating you?

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 07-13-2014, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I am glad you started this one . So far I have liked second tri. I gained a looottt of weight, though, all in like two weeks. My midwife was sort of surprised, I was slowly and steadily gaining then suddenly I had outgrown all my clothes and had stretch marks in between 22-25 weeks. I haven't gained an unhealthy amount it was all just fast. I am hoping it has slowed down some. The sudden change in my body has brought up some interesting feelings. I am trying to not be disappointed in the changes, and it is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I am usually not ashamed of my body at all. I am worried I won't get to go to the gym after the baby is born like I used to. And not even to lose weight, I just like to go workout because it feels good and I like to do classes because there is a nice social piece to it. Working out pretty much stopped when I got pregnant- it was just way too hard and I had a lot of other stuff happen (car got stolen, laid off my job, dog died) all at once. So, now I am trying to go swimming every day to pick up a little bit where I left off and even that is challenging. Hopefully a lot of it is just hormones, too. I hate being so insecure and my partner is noticing it and he is really surprised at it. Anyway, before I write a book...
#3 of 16 Old 07-14-2014, 01:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Ohh this is a great idea....personally I enjoyed the 2nd tri but the 3rd has come with a lot of challenges way too quickly for my liking. Im already having a hard time rolling over in bed n boy does my pelvis hurt if I turn suddenly. Amazingly this baby is also wiggling a lot at only 25 weeks especially when I lie down she jumps all over which is so distracting. My belly is getting bigger and m even starting to do the 'duck' walk! Anyway everything seems to be all good not really anything I cannot bear except that I've been having pain/ache in my ribs (sort of like musle ache) n back, is anyone else experiencing this?
#4 of 16 Old 07-14-2014, 05:59 AM

Great idea for the new thread!

I'm 25 weeks, 6 days :-D and every day I like being pregnant more, as I can feel my little one wiggling around more and more. I'm so excited (and terrified!) for him to arrive! One big drama in my life right now is my decision to turn down a full-time job in my field after looking for one for 2.5 years. It's not 100% because of baby, but it mostly is. It's a no-brainer, because I really want to raise my own baby (at least for the first little while, then we can go from there) because I'm not into the way other people would raise him, and I want to get to know him. My husband isn't at a place where he is ready to start his own business just yet so he'll be staying at his full-time for a while, so there is the possibly that eventually he'll be home with our son after a while. Anyways, he doesn't have the mammaries, so . . .
But this is a huge decision, and one I feel privileged to make, just because I have a supportive partner. I'll still be working on the weekends, and hopefully some nights, but we were working on saving up to buy a house, and we can't do that on his income alone. It's definitely a less secure position for me to stay home, and I don't know how long it will last. I just need constant re-assurance, I guess, that I'm doing the right thing in making this choice.
Anyways, my belly is huge and it's really hard for me to get up off the couch!!! Boobs are still leaking (since like week 10. . . wish I could donate all this good colostrum and know i'd still have some when baby comes!)
#5 of 16 Old 07-14-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preshpb View Post
t I've been having pain/ache in my ribs (sort of like musle ache) n back, is anyone else experiencing this?
Yes!! The only way to make it go away is to lay on my right side, or walk. It comes along when I am sitting, driving, leaning to my left side. Although, I started swimming every day and I think that is helping a lot! That pain was awful. Someone told me that we have a nerve that runs along our ribs and as they move and change it can squish that nerve.. who knows, though. All I know is that doing some cat/cows and swimming seems to have helped it a lot!
#6 of 16 Old 07-14-2014, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How about a weekly thread. It gets so long and hard for me to follow honestly. Replying a few days late feels out if touch also.

Glad everyone is feeling well overall . We are getting close!! Hang on there mamas. I'm struggling with awful sciatica and it's not fun. I'm grateful I'm not working as I can barely move some days.
I don't have premilk yet, I've never gotten it during pregnancy. I got little one to story time this morning, chasing her around the library was ALOT. Lol I am such a useless preggo.
#7 of 16 Old 07-15-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethinWitty View Post
Yes!! The only way to make it go away is to lay on my right side, or walk. It comes along when I am sitting, driving, leaning to my left side. Although, I started swimming every day and I think that is helping a lot! That pain was awful. Someone told me that we have a nerve that runs along our ribs and as they move and change it can squish that nerve.. who knows, though. All I know is that doing some cat/cows and swimming seems to have helped it a lot!
Somethinwitty thanks so much I will try that. I think wat you say is true cos the pain gets worse if I sleep too long on my left side. Yesterday it got real bad I had to leave work early n had to use the hot water bottle to ease the aches at bedtime, that helped me sleep more peacefully. Thanks mama
#8 of 16 Old 07-15-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preshpb View Post
Somethinwitty thanks so much I will try that. I think wat you say is true cos the pain gets worse if I sleep too long on my left side. Yesterday it got real bad I had to leave work early n had to use the hot water bottle to ease the aches at bedtime, that helped me sleep more peacefully. Thanks mama
oh you are welcome. I think everyone should try swimming out. I have been going for a week, 30-60 minutes and it has been pretty magical ( I also just really like to swim). It was expensive to join the YMCA that has the pool but so far been very well worth it. The pain in my back is gone now, I feel way more energized, and happier. I think it is helping me clear my anxiety a lot. It sort of feels nice to be a bit weightless and not have to "be pregnant" for an hour or so out of the day, if that makes any sense.
#9 of 16 Old 07-15-2014, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm a swimmer too, and have been swimming 1-3 miles a week. I hate going but always feel sooo much better once I'm in the water. It's hard to stop swimming and not over do it.

I have a mile open water swim coming up in August (to get a tee shirt and support a local charity) and that has helped to keep me honest with going to the pool.

As to how I'm feeling: big.

I've always had a strong core, but my stomach has stretched my muscles out so much I can't sit up on my own (have to have husband pull me up or I have to roll over onto my side and push up from there).

I've had to start sleeping with a body pillow, too. And my SI is all out of whack. The good thing is I work at a therapy clinic and have had co-workers help me out with adjustments (I've also been working on training my husband to do the adjustments.) I've ordered an SI belt that should be in by Thursday and that should help as well.

In the meantime, it is hard to imagine that the baby is going to triple in weight in the next 2 months. I have no idea how my stomach can get any bigger... Three stretch marks so far, lol. I'm sure there are lots more to come.

As a side note: I'd love to get back into yoga a bit, if anyone has some advice about a good pre-natal yoga dvd/ book, I'd be thankful for a recommendation.

My Blog about stuff

#10 of 16 Old 07-15-2014, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmom View Post
How about a weekly thread. It gets so long and hard for me to follow honestly. Replying a few days late feels out if touch also.

Glad everyone is feeling well overall . We are getting close!! Hang on there mamas. I'm struggling with awful sciatica and it's not fun. I'm grateful I'm not working as I can barely move some days.
I don't have premilk yet, I've never gotten it during pregnancy. I got little one to story time this morning, chasing her around the library was ALOT. Lol I am such a useless preggo.
I was having sciatic pain last week, it was really awful when I was transitioning from sitting to standing and vice versa. My husband knew a stretch from physical therapy, when he injured his piriformis when running. Anyway, he helped me with this stretch right before bed, and all pain was gone by morning.

I couldn't pull my legs due to my huge belly, so he pushed gently on my legs as I breathed deeply into the stretch and told him when to add pressure. I hope this helps you!

Meghan
#11 of 16 Old 07-16-2014, 12:28 PM

***I've been having a hard time with the new forum layout. It's just so clumsy compared to the other websites and social media sites I visit that I've been finding myself not wanting to take the time to navigate it. New messages just seem to get buried so quickly. Anyways, I think maybe a weekly check-in thread would really help to keep caught up on what's going on with everyone.***

I'll be 28 weeks this coming weekend. This baby girl seems pretty much a clone of my four year old daughter I had an u/s last week to make sure the placenta previa had cleared up (it has) and the 4d color us pic looked exactly like my daughter when she was born. It was very sweet She is measuring long and big for her gestational age, just as my daughter did. I was hoping for a bit of a smaller babe this time, but it looks like I just make big babies. It's tough on the pregnancy, but nice to have a 9+ lb newborn.

I have been battling bad pollen allergies for the past few months and am having a hard time with low blood pressure, but otherwise everything is good. I've had to readjust my expectations on myself and accept the fact that I need to slow down a bit and focus on growing a baby. It's tough to do, but I want to enjoy this special time instead of getting bogged down by all of the things I am unable to get done as quickly as I would like.
#12 of 16 Old 07-16-2014, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Valerie, I like Shiva Rea's prenatal yoga DVD.
#13 of 16 Old 07-16-2014, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
If there's interest in a weekly thread, by all means - someone start one. I just know I'm not up for starting a new thread every week. But I would read along.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
#14 of 16 Old 07-17-2014, 06:29 AM

Hi everyone, it's nice to see some action on this board. I admit that I don't contribute a whole lot, but I do like reading here.
I am steadily marching into the third trimester - only 5 days left of this one. I can't believe it.
I got some bloodwork back from the doctor and I seem to be mildly anemic and also my GD screening, while within the normal range, was toward the higher end. I wonder if they'll have me retake it. I am going to find out in about an hour when I go to meet with my doctor.

First baby lost in September 2013.
Expecting our rainbow with our hearts wide open!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 40 October 2014
#15 of 16 Old 07-17-2014, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Monkeyscience, my babe is a really active little guy, too. It makes me feel seasick.

25w2d here and I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER. When exactly does the third trimester start? 27 weeks? I'm ready to be done.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#16 of 16 Old 07-21-2014, 06:07 AM

Nice to "see" everyone

Calycanth - Seasick! That is exactly what I felt the other night trying to go to sleep with someone having a party in my tummy! So weird!

I do not do any other social media so I would be excited to see more conversation here, but I totally get the new format not being as user friendly.

At 27+3 I am doing pretty well. I can finally eat and have gained a few pounds through the 2nd trimester. My husband has been a real trooper about giving me weekly progesterone injections. 10 weeks down and 10 weeks to go with those I hope!

It is nice to see most out of the misery of the 1st and early 2nd trimesters and into the excitement (if not achy) late 2nd and 3rd trimesters!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page