Still having sex? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 08-02-2014, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Still having sex?

Anyone still having sex? I can only have quickies, otherwise I get this debilitating sciatic pain under my butt cheeks that prevents me from standing or walking. It is some of the most debilitating pain i've ever felt. Besides that, things just don't feel the same in there. I'm really hoping one day my vagina will go back to normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
So far, sex still feels great but partner is starting to feel weird about it. :/ it is hard not to take it personally, but he is like.. well, your boobs are milk sacks now and the baby is moving... I just hope it isn't because of all the stretch marks and fat I've gained, but that's what it feels like it might be, too.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Having a sense of humor has helped my husband and I- and a bit of experimentation.

It also helps that I'm still fairly comfortable and often forget that I'm pregnant until I try to move quick or fit through a narrow space, lol.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Yup. Today, even. Not a ton has changed for me, other than my belly getting in the way. Which is unfortunate, really, because sex became super awesome when I was pregnant the first time. Wishing that had happened this time around. But I imagine we'll be the same as last time - we had sex the day before my son was born at 40w4d. (Actually, I'm kind of convinced he was born *because* we had sex, since it started some contractions.) I'm lucky that my dh doesn't really seem to think there's much difference between sex with unpregnant me and pregnant me. (Nursing me is slightly different - for those who haven't yet BTDT, well... milk happens. But he learned to roll with that, too.)

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 08-03-2014, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yes, for us it always seems better while we're expecting. Fortunately it is not uncomfortable for me lying down so not much has changed. We also use the shower a few times a week (privacy). I sometimes wonder if our older son wonders why we shower together?
Old 08-04-2014, 12:01 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
It's all good here...

DS1 2/08, DD 1/10, DS2 12/11...#4 due October 2014
Home schooling, home birthing, breastfeeding, bed sharing family!

Old 08-04-2014, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hardly ever. I have so much pelvic/crotch pain that is not worth it. Dh is a trooper

Anna: married to my best friend (12/2005), mommy to DD (10/2006) and DD (12/2008). Thrilled to be expecting our third and last sometime in October'14! It's a boy!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
It's my first pregnancy and like some others here I have experienced heightened sensation/better orgasms since I've been pregnant. However, lying on my back is NOT comfortable anymore at 28 weeks and hasn't been for a couple months already, and that was always my favorite. I also have a lot of pelvis/SI joint pain, so I feel like it has limited our position options. Rear entry seems to work best. I also can't go as long as I did before, but I'm okay with that... we've just had to get more creative I hope we'll continue up until due date!
Old 08-04-2014, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Only at night anymore, I get the horrible weird pain too if we try in the afternoon, but if its night and I can lay down afterwards to sleep its fine by morning. Anyone else agree with the theory that if you're carrying a boy you have a higher drive? I had three girls and then a boy and things were definitely... different. lol, DH says this is a boy too based on that, but we don't really know gender.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I had a heightened sex drive and tons of sex dreams, would always wake up horny, the whole pregnancy until around now. I find that I want to have sex in the morning, and i'm often too tired at night or don't think about it. We definitely enjoyed our share of incredible sex at the beginning of the pregnancy . . . even with the nausea and bloating! - so I guess I can't complain. Also, last night right after I fell asleep my SLEEPING husband started kissing me wayyy more passionately than usual and we ended up making love, even though he is convinced that I woke him up!!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I feel like I had more of a drive when pregnant with my son, but I didn't have a toddler then to wear me out and dh wasn't working hours that made it hard to be spontaneous. (This pregnancy is a girl.)

For some weird reason, being on my back has become MORE appealing to me (not a usual position for us), and it's strangely not uncomfortable.

With both pregnancies, I've found sex to be one of the few things that gave me a temporary reprieve from morning sickness.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy589 View Post
Anyone else agree with the theory that if you're carrying a boy you have a higher drive? I had three girls and then a boy and things were definitely... different. lol, DH says this is a boy too based on that, but we don't really know gender.
I am convinced I am pregnant with a boy, although I dont know for sure, and this theory further supports my intuition! :-)
Old 08-05-2014, 06:40 AM

We are still having sex about 3 times per week. My libido is ZERO though, and I am really just keeping up because DH is so wonderful in general and I don't have the heart to tell him how not into it I am. Nothing feels right. Things that used to turn me on now make me cringe. I've shared those differences with him, so that he won't see me cringe during sex, wouldn't that be awful?! I had 3 boys before this one (girl) and never experienced this crash in libido. I also feel super self conscious (sp?) naked which I know is silly, but I just don't feel sexy at all. REALLY looking forward to getting back to normal after baby is born.

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 09:23 AM

I'm too uncomfortable for sex. :/ My whole area between my legs, especially my inner thighs, are in so much pain by the end of the day, I can't even think about it. I have chronic muscle pain in my belly, which is problematic too. And any kind of sexual stimulation sets off BH contractions, which totally ruins the mood. And by the end of the day, I'm just so exhausted all over and my indigestion is so bad....forget about it. Poor husband. He understands, but it's tough for him. I was too sick until halfway through. Even kissing was enough to send me running to the bathroom. So for us, it is extremely rare to have sex during pregnancy. :/ Sad. I've had trouble after with my other ones, too. With my first, I had a horrible 3rd degree tear that took a year to not be painful during sex. With my second, I think my hormones were out of whack after, and it was painful until my cycle returned at around 7 months. This time, I'm getting my placenta encapsulated, hoping that helps balance hormones. And if not, I'm starting estrogen cream. Our sex life requires it!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hubby's at boot camp But we were keeping it up before that, and I know we will be after he gets back! Pregnancy definitely presents its issues: belly in the way, DH is huge & we have to be careful to avoid the cervix for bleeding reasons (this usually means lying on our sides with him behind, not my favorite), and I also get really strong contractions as soon as I'm aroused that last the entire time until we're done. I still think it's worth it, though, I never regret it afterwards. I am concerned about postpartum. Last time I tore and it hurt sooo badly for the first 10 months. It wouldn't say it put a strain on our relationship, but it wasn't pleasant. I want to be able to enjoy the non-fertile period more this time
Old 08-10-2014, 11:49 AM

no Im just so sleepy I fall asleep at night :/ Also baby is super active in the evening and its just weird! Lol Hes too awake and alert .. I wait for him to conk out then Im asleep!

ELY -Mommy to many

Old 08-11-2014, 06:00 AM

Everything over here was great until I started showing, more and more. I don't think it helps that I love talking about baby. We had to avoid for safety, in May and June, but by July we were cleared, except he wasn't into it. Was just starting to be a problem, because I have a high sex drive, now thou, we've fallen into compromise. It's all good again now. Hoping, that nothing too bad happens during birth, because I am looking forward to sex after healing. I don't want to wait too long.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:24 PM

Like rabbits!

I admit that I do get a little weirded out when the baby starts to move though, so we take a break for a minute or two. We also have to be creative with our positions now, because my big belly is in the way!
Old 08-12-2014, 02:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exercise balls are wonderful things! HAHA! I got a ball originally because of Si pain. It helps to sit on that and roll my hips insteD or the couch anymore. But yeah, I just bend over and lie my head on it to have sex. Let's your belly hang, and it's comfortable for me! Also, for some odd reason standing up against a wall works well for me. Belly kinda sorta gets in way but otherwise...oh and my husband is 6"2 and I'm 5"3 so that makes it interesting! Haha! I never thought I would be this way when pregnant (this is our first) or that my husband would be weirded out, but either have happened. You just roll with it, and it leaves for some hilarious stories, that I'm sure my husband and I will look back on and laugh at!

User Tag List