Any step moms getting ready to have a baby of their own? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2014, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Any step moms getting ready to have a baby of their own?

Hey ladies - just wondering if anyone is a stepmom getting ready to have a baby if their own (whether it's a first baby or not). I am and am looking for some other moms to talk to. I'll be having my first (his second).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2014, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I don't know if it helps, but I know @hotmom said she has a child from a previous relationship, but is pregnant with the first child for her dh.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 08-09-2014, 06:24 PM

I'm not a step-mom, but my DH is a step-dad to my oldest 2 (and this is our 2nd child together)

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
Old 08-10-2014, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey ! No I have 3 kids by my first Dh. My new and improved second dh and I have a almost 2 yr old (in 3 weeks!) and Im pg with his 2nd
Its been a total blessing for our blended family. The baby gave EVERYONE someone to love and accept ... my kids were mad I was moving them and remarrying.. it was so scary and stressful for them. Their dad was freaking them out also they were afraid of being left out hen I was pg. and My kids are big~! My teenager was the worst- crying and having huge fits seriously she needed professional help she was so upset. I had been divorced 7 years already but Yes the kids ould have preferred I stay a single mom. My new hubby didnt understand and I tried to shield him from the drama a bit but it was TOUGH. Since he didnt have kids, he didnt understand why they were so emotional and irrational. Kids are truly self centered and thats normal, they are also scared of change and have little power in their lives. BUT the baby that they all feared.. has been JOYOUS they fight over her hahah and they all marvel at hetr "cuteness" and ability to learn whatever they teach her. Its gotten better and better. Now thats shes 2, I can allow them freedom to just play without hovering
(dh did alot, I didnt) AND my dh who had little patience for my kids, now sees what the "terrible twos" are all about. Congratulations!!!

ELY -Mommy to many

Old 08-10-2014, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Lol...sorry I got the details mixed up! But it sounds like you still had useful stuff to say.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'll be having my 1st, his 3rd. We also have a unique situation in that, for the last 3yrs+, we've been raising my nephews & niece. He's more like their dad now then their uncle, so we have quite a little blended family. I don't mind his other children from his other relationship, because they are 20 & 18 now.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:47 PM

I, like EmeraldTrees, will be having my first and his third. His kids are great – 9 and 11 – and sadly live 500 miles away from us with their mom (We are in NorCal, they are in Southern California). The kids are great – excited and involved via FaceTime – but I have a feeling that the youngest (a girl) will have a hard time adjusting to no longer being the baby. She loves her daddy a whole lot, and expects 100% of his attention when she is around. Lots of transitions all around.

The divorce is relatively new for them – in the past two years, their parents have split, dad and I got married (we met about 5 months after they split), and now a baby is on the way. Their mom is in a new relationship also and is recently engaged, so there are lots of changes happening all around.

Personally, I have had some selfish struggles thinking that my husband has already experienced all of these exciting "firsts" and that he isn't going to be experiencing it all as a new parent like me (totally irrational, I know...). For him, my parenting hopes and dreams are VERY different than his first marriage. For example, he bottle-fed his two kids (they were formula fed from day 1) and I am hoping to breast feed. He looks back on feeding his kids as a really special time, and I think he is nervous that he won't have that experience with our children.

I am nervous about the change in our family dynamics, but I am certain that we will all love this baby!

Farmer, Teacher, and Soon-to-be Mama!
Old 08-14-2014, 11:18 AM

Hallie- I got pg with my #3 (DH's #1 ) only 4 months after I separated from my ex. They adjusted well though and LOVED their baby.

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
Old 08-14-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBella View Post
Hallie- I got pg with my #3 (DH's #1 ) only 4 months after I separated from my ex. They adjusted well though and LOVED their baby.
Thank you for your kind encouragement. I am so excited about growing our family!

Farmer, Teacher, and Soon-to-be Mama!

User Tag List