Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Best Nursing Bras?

So in everyone opinions.....

What are your fav. nursing bras?

What are your fav. nursing pads?

For nursing pads, disposable or cloth?

(and) What's your favorite pads for lochia?

I am so curious, I'm afraid of buying a certain bra or such & hating it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 09-05-2014, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
My favorite nursing bra was a regular bra I bought and had converted at Nordstrom's. I also had an Anita bra that I liked pretty well.

For just after baby is born this time, I got a Bali bra for $10 at Kohl's that's one that's multi-size and therefore really stretchy. It isn't a nursing bra, but the cups pull aside really easily.

I'm on the hunt for new nursing pads. I liked the Medela disposables (they are curved, not flat), but they chafe my nipples, just like disposable pads chafe my lady parts. I had reusable Avent pads last time, but they were way too small to be truly useful. I also tried LilyPadz (silicone reusable pads), but my let-down, especially at night, was too forceful for them to work. So I'd end up with a huge gush of milk on my lap when they failed.

I was very fortunate to not have very heavy bleeding postpartum, so I used Always Infinity Cell (however they spell it) pads, because they were less drying/chafing than regular pads. I use a Diva Cup normally, but have not been able to get in to cloth pads.
#3 of 11 Old 09-05-2014, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I like bravado bras. not sexy, but supportive and comfortable.
also like their pads, absorb a lot, but not discreet at all.

once baby is 3 months, I like bella materna bras, for more discreet and sexy look!

cake lingerie and hotmilk are cute but not comfortable.
#4 of 11 Old 09-05-2014, 07:19 AM

Yeah, I don't bother with cute bras, nursing or otherwise. Well, except super cheap ones that don't get worn for long...

One thing I liked about my bra conversion was that, unlike most nursing bras, it had a molded cup, which helped hide nursing pads...and could absorb a little leak when necessary.

Depending on your size, I know people who swear by Wal-Mart nursing bras (probably would have to order online). At a 32F, pretty much only expensive/specialty bras fit me with my son.
#5 of 11 Old 09-09-2014, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have two from Cake that I love. They have molded cups (which hide the bulky homemade flannel/fleece nursing pads that I LOVE). The lining is a fancy floral lining, which hides the milk stains between washings (it's not like I show the inside of my bra to people on the street, but it's just nice for ME to not look at weird stains inside my bra). They give my breasts a little lift/separation and make them look full and perky. But they aren't super structured or uncomfortable in any way. Love them!

I prefer the simple sports-bra style ones for the early weeks of engorgement, but these are great once you're ready to look like a sexy functioning human again.

This is the specific bra I have from Cake, in two different colors
#6 of 11 Old 09-10-2014, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I've been wearing an Anita microfiber underwire nursing bra for the past few weeks, and I must say, it's very comfortable. The straps are spaced a little too wide for my body, but the fabric is soft and it provides good support. I had to order four different sizes from Amazon before I found one that fit (36H, and I'm sure they'll get bigger when my milk comes in, ack!).

I also ordered the Amamante Comfy and Curvy nursing bra, which fits like a sleep bra. It is comfy and offers a little support, but it stretches too much to be worn more than once between washes. Still, it will be nice for lounging around the house and was less expensive than some of the alternatives.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#7 of 11 Old 09-11-2014, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I ordered three Coobie bras a few weeks ago and I LOVE them. They aren't an 'official' nursing bra, but holy smokes they are comfortable and they provide easy access. Highly recommended!

Farmer, Teacher, and Soon-to-be Mama!
#8 of 11 Old 09-12-2014, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitchka View Post
I like bravado bras. not sexy, but supportive and comfortable.
also like their pads, absorb a lot, but not discreet at all.

once baby is 3 months, I like bella materna bras, for more discreet and sexy look!

cake lingerie and hotmilk are cute but not comfortable.
So it has been a long time since I've nursed, why would you need different nursing bras for different time periods in baby's life? The 1st 3 months vs. later?

Thanks!

Mom to DS (16), DD (7), DS (5), and excitedenergy.gif about my final baby due October 2014. Love fluffy mailheartbeat.gif, appreciate midwives, and can't wait to wear a baby againjoy.gif!
#9 of 11 Old 09-14-2014, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I found if I use a bras with underwires too early, I get plugged ducts. Also, my breasts tend to settle for a size at 2-3 months. So if i buy a fancy expensive bras for birth, it will be too large for the rest of my nursing months...well, years.
and before 2-3 months post-partum, I get irritated by any lace or other non cotton material. After that, I am OK.
#10 of 11 Old 09-14-2014, 07:34 AM

On the note of size settling in - my experience was also that my breasts deflated a size or so right around the year mark, even though I was still nursing 5-6x a day. So then my favorite nursing bra was a bit too big. (If I'd known I'd go on to nurse for 9 more months, I would have gotten another one!) From talking to other moms, it's apparently a pretty common experience.
#11 of 11 Old 09-17-2014, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Oh man, so much helpful info! I didn't even think about diff. bras for diff. stages. So many great recommendations too!

My prob. is that I still -barely- have a B cup at almost 38wks, and most nursing bras I've looked at, look huge! Also I'm enjoying my last few bra free days. I've never had much, so most of my tops are best wore bra-free, it will definitely be an adjustment to have to wear bras most-if-not-all of the time. And I am not looking forward to my breasts 'deflating' around a year or when I stop nursing; this is the biggest they've ever been!

I'll probably just bring some stretchy sports-like bras to the hosp. I did end up deciding on reusable nursing pads, and got a few small packs of diff. brands of pads for postpartum.

The collective experience of women who have btdt is so helpful!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page