Mothering Forum banner

Possible Breech

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jesepumpkin 
#1 ·
Had an appointment today at 37+5 and the midwife said baby might be breech based on where she found heartbeat and from feeling around with her hands. Big difference from last week when she was sure baby was in perfect position. Breech babies in this midwifery practice (all births in hospital) are required to be planned c-section. SO not the route I want/ed to go. Sonogram on Friday to confirm baby's position. Send vibes that baby is head down and stays that way, please!! And any experiences from mamas who had babies turned are appreciated.

#2 ·
Would your midwife do an external version? Or refer you to someone for one? There's also a bunch of positioning stuff you can try, too, along with chiropractic and acupuncture techniques. I feel your pain - my baby was breech at 29 weeks and very wiggly thereafter, so even once she flipped I was afraid she'd flip back. (She stayed head down, thankfully.) Good luck!!

#3 ·
Oh man tamaracat - I hope baby turns. What is the midwife's deadline for baby to turn around? I thought I read you can do pelvic tilts to help. I think you should look at some exercises/sitting positions that may help + I'll say a prayer for you too. Oh I hope baby turns!

#4 ·
I am currently 40 weeks and mine is breech too. I feel your stress. What I have tried is moxibustion, Webster technique at the chiropractor, Spinningbabies.com inversions, peppermint on the top of the belly, Hypnobabies, cold at the top of the uterus, music at the base, yoga, rebozo techniques, and massage. I have faith in delivering a breech vaginally or changing providers. My second child was a vaginal breech birth and was my easiest birth. Learn you options and then choose the one that you feel best about.

#5 ·
have you felt the baby do any major moves? at this stage if they flip then you will likely have noticed something in the past week. it is strange to have the baby go breech at this stage, not much room. so hopefully all is well!
ditto to spinning babies and acupuncture/moxa. even if you google Bladder 67 (BL 67) and have someone pinch or press that spot on the outside of your pinky toenail it could help. no harm in trying. just keep talking to that baby and telling it what you need to happen, and visualize the baby head down.

good luck!

Reactions: aywilkes
#7 ·
Got the sonogram yesterday and confirmed that baby is head down! What a relief. I guess the little Pumpkin is just really deep down inside so it was hard for the midwife to feel with her hands. I'm glad everything is OK because I did not want to stress the baby by doing an external version and finding hospital midwives who do breech births is pretty much impossible in my area.

Also learned that my baby is in a seal like position with arms at the sides instead of curled up in front, which I think is HILARIOUS because I have been saying that the baby is going to come out like a slippery seal.

Thanks so much for your kind words, reassurances, and thoughts!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.