Crazy insane dreams anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2014, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Giant pinatas falling from the sky causing fires and floods, Me being viciously attacked walking down the street, every kind of wedding disaster you can think of, basement full of urine, UFO's?

So last night I was laying in bed and there was a pounding on my front door. I tried to ignore it but they knocked so hard, the lock gave out. I just heard stomping and things breaking all the way to my room. The door swung open and this intruder attacked me and beat me so bad that I couldn't walk or even open my eyes. This isn't the first nightmare I have had that left me fear for my life and waiting for help. 

I am really over all these nightmares. I keep hearing how normal it is to have crazy dreams during pregnancy but this is a first for me. Anyone else?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2014, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Always with every pregnancy!  With my first it was nightmares, with my second it was my husband cheating on me, and with this one crazy sexual dreams and dreams of my past brother visiting that my alarm always wakes me up before I can get a goodbye hug.  Oh and these dreams are definitely crazy with tons of weird stuff happening.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-10-2014, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I rarely remember my dreams, but last night I had a really weird, sinister one with some straaange stuff happening and I remembered it (and another dream where I was making a smoothie). 

Karla (25), loving having and growing a family: my amazing man, DS (2), DSD (7), a dog and two cats. Expecting my second  May 2nd and so excited to
Old 04-10-2014, 10:49 AM

Yes weird ones and i am not a fan. Im tired but feels like i am not sleeping well. Its just weird.

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I haven't had too many yet. But I have had a few. The first strange and vivid dream happened right before I got my BFP. I was dreaming my sister's dog was pregnant and had her litter but she laid eggs...?? (The dog is fixed IRL, so bizarre)
A few nights ago I dreamt that my 13 month olds penis could retract.... just odd.
There have been a few others but I can't recall them right now.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
Old 04-12-2014, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

A lot of dreams with twins. A few where I lost the baby. One where my 9 year old drown in a triathlon (she does tri's). Some weird sex dreams. A lot of restless dream sleep all night long. 

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've been having vivid dreams and some funny ones but thank God no nightmares/miscarriage dreams (knock on wood!!!)...I really think it might be my supplements. A great B-complex (I use 1/2 tablet of Mega Food) and especially for some reason Organically Bound Minerals by Standard Process. I get those from my ND who believes that mineral deficiencies can cause bad dreams and poor sleep. I wasn't sure about that, but my restless dreams (used to be frequent, especially during the luteal phase of my cycle) have been gone for months. I just met a girl in the waiting room at the office who said they did the same thing for her...so who knows???
Old 04-14-2014, 07:31 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I had one just now.

So in real life, we moved about a month ago into a house that uses propane. We've lived places before that used natural gas, but never propane. I went out to check the tank late last week and found that it was at 25%, so I thought I'd call and get a fill. The lady on the phone talked to me for a bit and put me down on the schedule for today. This particular company does a free inspection for all new customers as well.

In the dream, the guy came by and the inspection went fine, but then when he was trying to fill it, it wouldn't fill past 40%. There was a second container right next to the propane tank resembling a 55-quart tote, all boxy with a lid on it. I went outside when he had the lid off, looking inside, and it was filled with a liquid. He said something about the "battery not getting a charge" and then pointed out to a field and said something about the propane going out there and through the vents "so the smell will just go out towards the cats." ? At some point, a lady from the company was there also, and both she and the man said that a larger inspection and possibly repair would need to happen on our system. Neither one could tell me how much that would be, but when I separately asked each of them if it was more in the hundreds range or the thousands range, they both said thousands. And apparently the new repair was going to be so involved that two "technicians/fillers" (what the lady who came out was) would need to be there, and she gave me a list of employee phone numbers and told me that "Theresa" would probably be the one coming with her next time. I made a photocopy of the list and gave it back to her. I asked them if it was still okay to use the propane in the meantime (since I didn't want to waste it by letting it flow out into the cat field because of the uncharged battery), and they said it was and that only a tiny bit would actually be wasted.

Then I woke up, much relieved because we don't even have "hundreds" to spare on a repair right now, much less thousands, and since we've been successfully and normally using the propane for a good month, have no reason to believe there are any issues.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I had a crazy one last night.  I have a very horrible house guest for the next two weeks which happens to be my older sister and her husband from Alabama.  Last night I dreamt that my other sister and I killed her and were on the run.  My sister kept giving me different hats to hide my identity.  Very weird, yet in the current situation I have to say that I enjoyed the "goofiness" of the dream.  I don't remember the slaying I don't think that I even dreamt that part, but being on the run was very vivid and well goofy.  Not that of course, I want to kill my sister or anything... hammer.gif  she just drives me absolutely insane.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-15-2014, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I had one last night too. DH stole a jar of jam in my dream and went to prison until Jan 1, 2016!!!! I was so upset. He's going to miss the birth and won't even meet the baby till its over a year old!

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
Old 04-21-2014, 08:10 AM

I dreamed last night that I somehow broke my arm, and others didn't believe that it was broken because I wasn't in any pain at all, but I could actually see the exact outline of the bones (and break) through my skin. I intended to just cast it myself at home, but I didn't have any gauze. I couldn't leave the house to get any, either, so I sent a neighborhood kid down the block to CVS and asked him to pick up two packages of gauze for me. While he was gone, I did an online search for a recipe for whatever that soaking fluid is that makes the gauze hard when it dries. He came back before I finished my search, but I wasn't able to use the gauze that he brought me. He brought me gauze that was heavily coated in Vick's Vaporub.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:37 AM

Oh yes. I had a horrible nightmare about living in the 18th century. I was a queen of an English-speaking European country, when some kind of political shift happened and it was voted that my teeth should all be removed and given to a lottery winner from the citizenry to wear, either in their own mouth or as a gory necklace. Mind you, this was 18th century dentistry. Horrible, horrible, graphic dream. Why do we have these horrendous dreams when pregnant?? 

Old 04-21-2014, 10:41 PM

Lol. These are very interesting! Read up about lucid dreaming if you'd like to put a stop to nightmares.

I always have crazy dreams. Defnitely worse in pregnancy. My most recent was that I was getting on an airplane to go to my ultrasound. But first Dh had to pick up my mom. He came back without my mom and I was mad. Then we flew and when the plane landed the wing took out a fence, but we were ok. Then we were in the ultrasound room and they had all sorts of scrapbook supplies so you could scrapbook your photo after. LOL.

Also ive been having this weird phenomenon where I swear I'm not quite asleep yet, and I "realize" something, like say, we hadn't fed our bunny in days, it must be dead, we need to go find the body... I Literally, physically jump out of bed in a panic... then slowly realize we don't have a bunny... attempt to go back to sleep...

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:29 AM

I had another doozy of a dream last night. The kids and I were in Mom's backyard, playing, but Josiah was tiny. He looked and acted like the 16-month-old that he is, except he was about the size of a bee. I found him and smiled at him, and he grinned back at me and started crawling towards me. I put my hand at the edge of the sidewalk so he could crawl into it (since just crawling off the sidewalk onto the grass would be like normal-sized Josiah crawling off a roof). Then when I was holding him, a sore appeared on the side of his head and two tiny snakes crawled out. Like the eggs had been inside his head and they hatched out of his head. Okay, then.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

That might be the winner! lol

Old 06-21-2014, 08:05 AM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My dreams weren't too weird to begin with, but they've been crazy the last week or so! I had a few in which I was traveling across the county by road and by foot. The second one, it was my birthday and my mom met me & was helping me repack my pack.

Then there was one in which DH and I were packing to move (on a lake? Like, in kayaks!) And he was so mad because I wasn't doing things the way he wanted.

Last night was similar, except we were in an actual house. Also, it was his birthday. Before that, I was wandering around a medical center - I had x-ray slides of my pelvis, which were exciting because I was waiting my anatomy ultrasound (which IRL) is Monday.

I'm sure you guys are having more crazy dreams, too?

DH(38) + I(37) have been working on collaborative project #1 for 6 years, fighting more battles than I ever imagined. 2/2014 - IVF cycle =  due in mid November!
Old 06-21-2014, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Yes!!!
Old 06-30-2014, 04:03 PM

Here's one from last night. I dreamed I was in the hospital to have the baby. I was full-term but still the same size I am now. And the hospital was on one floor of a huge building, and another floor had some apartments. I apparently had told a long-ago coworker that I would also watch his teenage daughter for a while, so I stopped by the apartment and invited her to my hospital room. She said she would come by later. Then when I'm in the hospital room, one of the nurses comes by and fills up bucket of warm, soapy water and dumps it on my upper body and said something like, "There, now you have to go take the shower that we've been wanting you to take." But that was the first mention of any shower, so I don't know what the water was all about.

User Tag List