baby flutters or gas - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

Old 03-29-2014, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Any second timers feel those flutters? I know its crazy and most likely gas but it feels a lot like those first baby flutters. So strange. I even had phantom kicks with mirena so idk WTH is going on lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm sure it's gas...it's way too early for flutters.  I remember with my last pregnancies gas feeling JUST LIKE fluttering though so I totally understand what you mean!!

Old 03-29-2014, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
They are so similar its crazy that's what keep telling myself strait up gas.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

yep, I've felt those gassy flutters.  I was feeling them a lot a week or so ago.  I can't wait to feel the baby!

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-04-2014, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I'm only 6 weeks so I've got a ways to go to feel anything, but it was either last pregnancy or the pregnancy before that I actually did feel flutters first (instead of just waiting until I got a good, solid kick). The way it felt to me, though, was as if baby was receiving a call on his little cell phone that was set to vibrate, lol. Strangest sensation ever.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I might be on the crazy side but I swear I felt the baby today, 7w 1d. It wasn't the flutters that you can mistake for gas, it was like a poke on the inside... IDK what to think

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

And expecting #5 in Nov. 2014 heartbeat.gif
Old 04-09-2014, 04:49 PM

I've always been so skeptical about feeling it so early, but at 10 weeks I felt something I really thought was movement, it didn't feel like gas.  Then today the midwife found my uterus was off to one side and put the doppler in the exact spot I had felt movement and there was the heartbeat!  So...maybe?

Eve Eleanor born June 5, 2007
Graham Alexander born February 27, 2010

#3 due November 3, 2014

Old 04-09-2014, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I don't think its too crazy to consider it baby flutters super early. Some of us feel ovulation, right? Implantation... I think it might have to do with how body concious you are. Alas, I am 10w5d and don't think I've felt her yet.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I think it is crazy to think it is gas. I mean, we are all adults- it is not our first go around with gas- so I trust (and hope) you can notice it is not that. I DO BELIEVE you can have very early flutter feelings of the baby moving. I felt my daughter about 9/10 weeks.  Some women never notice, or don't feel it, but I find it perfectly reasonable that if something is the size of a marble or a lime fluttering around in your uterus you COULD feel it.  

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:56 PM

Yea I'm in complete agreement, I think it is perfectly reasonable especially if you very tuned into your body and pay close attention.

bfinfant.gif  Breastfeeding, non-vaxing, homeschooling, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-cic'ing mama to CJsuperhero.gifAGdust.gifJJnono02.gifSDbabyboy.gif  And married my highschool sweetheart lovestory.gif

Old 04-09-2014, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well obviously i believe you do. I was always skeptical of those ladies until it was me lol. Definitely not gas. Magrat i had the same thing happen last time. The first time people didnt believe me. Idont get it, why would i lie? It is not a race?

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayon View Post

I think it is crazy to think it is gas. I mean, we are all adults- it is not our first go around with gas- so I trust (and hope) you can notice it is not that. I DO BELIEVE you can have very early flutter feelings of the baby moving. I felt my daughter about 9/10 weeks.  Some women never notice, or don't feel it, but I find it perfectly reasonable that if something is the size of a marble or a lime fluttering around in your uterus you COULD feel it.  

I once had some gas that felt just like a baby movement. JUST like it. And I'm not talking about little first-trimester flutters, either. This particular gas felt exactly like a third-trimester BABY FOOT moving across the top of my abdomen. I could even press on it and feel its "shape" and resistance and move it a little. o.O It was the strangest thing.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I've had those phantom foot feelings to ever since DD was born (like when I was 100% not pregnant). I don't think it's gas, I think it's phantom movement.  Now, last night I did feel what I thought was a tiny flutter, way down low where baby would be.  I'm 9wks6days, so it's still really early, but I got kind of excited.

Mama to a DD, born 5.20.2012

Expecting #2 in Early November 2014!

Old 04-10-2014, 07:21 PM

i am first timer, but agree with the thought that if some women can feel ovulation, its not unreasonable to think some can feel baby movement.  i feel "something" sometimes on the side where i know the baby is...

so far a mommy to 2 standard poodles, enjoying my 1st year of marriage to DH and expecting my 1st child (after 1 loss)
Old 04-12-2014, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

OK, 10 weeks 3 days and I am really starting to think that I am feeling baby movement.  I can feel tiny flutters or like pokes right where my uterus is every once in a while.  It isn't very often but it's there.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 04-21-2014, 10:08 AM

At 12 weeks +1 I can say I have felt flutters but in my brain I keep trying to think its just gas. I kno its not tho after having 3 previous pregnancies I kno what im feeling.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:23 AM

I'm pretty positive that I've felt baby for sure, 9w 4d

Old 04-23-2014, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Second baby, 10w2d today, I'm pretty sure I felt movement 2 days ago but it's still hard to say with certainty. 

Sarah (35) Married to Jason (32)  Cali (11)  Madeleine Rain Due 11/17/2014  
Old 04-24-2014, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Third baby, 11w5d, pretty sure I felt the baby move last night! I was so excited. My husband questioned it, but I said, I would think I know the difference between gas and baby. With number two, I was nearly 14w, so I guess why not now?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannafm View Post

Third baby, 11w5d, pretty sure I felt the baby move last night! I was so excited. My husband questioned it, but I said, I would think I know the difference between gas and baby. With number two, I was nearly 14w, so I guess why not now?

My best friend (who has had 2 babies) told me yesterday "it is just gas" agh- NO IT IS NOT! I felt my girls at 9 weeks- just little tickle flutters. This one I felt those at 8 weeks. She is like ANG IT IS NOT THE BABY... Well, I had an IUD for years and I could feel it, so why the heck would I not feel a prune size baby wiggling in my uterus?  It just irks me. Like my feelings are not valid. Er. 

I know what gas feels like- and these are no where even near where gas would be- the feelings are right in the center of my admen, low and are tickles and enjoyable when I notice them- not cramps like gas would be. 

I am clearly hormonal about this issue! lol... 

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

Old 04-24-2014, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

I felt my first move about 15 wks, but every baby since then at about 11 weeks.

Nobody gets to tell you what you're feeling!:irked

Old 04-24-2014, 11:34 PM

I'm so jealous of all you early feelers. I'm 9+2 today so I could feel the baby "any time" now, but realistically with my history, it won't be for another couple of months.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:41 AM

Harmony i hope it is soon!
Crayon that sucks. I hate when people do that.
I am pretty sure i felt the baby move at 9 weeks. I am 9+3 today and i have felt it consistently the past 3 days same spot and feeling. It is just more pronounced than last time, but i had an anterior placenta then so i guess it should be.i felt it a few times last week but was sure that was too early, maybe not. Either way it is fun.

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

10 w 1d and definitely just felt movement. In fact, it was much more like kicks than flutters! :)

Old 05-02-2014, 05:59 AM

I am 11w 1d and i have felt the baby kick 3x. I have felt flutters since week 8, but this is my 3rd and I'm very in touch with myself down there, do it didn't shock me i felt it so early. But this week 10-11 has been little kicks.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:53 AM

10 + 3 here and I still got nothing. I should just unsubscribe from this thread. lol.gif Since I never have and likely never will be an early feeler. But I'm still so so excited for all of you feeling your tiny tiny babies. orngbiggrin.gif

Old 05-02-2014, 10:02 AM

Harmony, I would totally be frustrated too. I saw another thread of women who said 15-18 weeks they could feel movement- that seems so long for me because I have early (like way early) flutters/kicks. I am very short torsoed as well- maybe that plays a part. Everything is pushing out making room. They say around 12 weeks the uterus pops over the pelvic bone- maybe that is a type many women start to feel it.  

Old 05-02-2014, 10:54 AM

Yesterday day morning before I got outta bed, I was able to feel my uterus while laying flat on my back. I think when your bladder is full it pushes it up or something. It was a good handful, maybe like a grapefruit. Kinda OT but sorta fit in too lol

Old 05-02-2014, 01:46 PM

I thought I had been feeling the baby ever so lightly but kept telling myself I didn't.  I think I was 16+ weeks with DD when I first felt her.  Then the other day when I got the doppler out and pushed down where I normall find baby, I FELT it move.  It was a strong movemnt.  I said to DH, "I swear I just feld the baby move" and he said "Then STOP, it probaly doesn't like what you are doing".... what ever I still tried to find the HB (had found it ever day since 9w3d and I was 11w4d... couldn't find the HB. DH said it was the baby being mad... ha ha.  Needless to day, I was very relieved to find the HB the next day :)

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LilChunklins View Post

Yesterday day morning before I got outta bed, I was able to feel my uterus while laying flat on my back. I think when your bladder is full it pushes it up or something. It was a good handful, maybe like a grapefruit. Kinda OT but sorta fit in too lol

Oh, the bladder totally pushes things out of the way. Before I go to the bathroom in the morning, I have a Very Obvious Uterus Very High in my tummy. (I keep poking around when it's like that, hoping baby is awake and will make him/herself known, but nothing yet, lol.) Then after I use the bathroom, I can lay back down again, and my uterus has disappeared and I can't find it anymore.

User Tag List