Feeling......? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-18-2014, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Anyone else feeling kinda yucky about themselves? I haven't put on any weight but was looking in the mirror today and just fell....fat.

I know i know I am pregnant not fat but I am still struggling.

Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2014, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)

everyday sister, everyday... I have spent the last five years of my life counting calories and working on being healthy and trim, and now it is very very hard gaining weight and being hungry all the time...

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-19-2014, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Awww, enjoy it and have a scoop of ice cream for me because this baby has decided that I am not allowed! I am probably bigger than you would expect someone at 15 weeks to be and getting dressed isn't always fun but overall I would say I am much more secure this time around.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mamabear yes! I lost 50lbs before my daughter and felt great. Then I got pregnant and put every single pound back on...and was never able to loose 20 of them after...despite bf for 2.5 years. Now here I am pregnant again. I really really don't want to put on the weight again!

Edited to add:

Shutupkris...I guess I would be ok with the belly...as long as the scale doesn't go up too much? I know doesn't make sense
Old 05-19-2014, 09:35 AM

definitely makes sense to me.  I lost 60 after I had my son (I gain a lot when I am pregnant) and still could have been 15 lbs lighter to be my "perfect weight".  I have only gained 5 lbs this pregnancy, but agonize over every single one.  I keep telling myself that it's okay and you are supposed to gain between 20-40 lbs depending on weight, body size, etc. but it is driving me nuts.  I look in the mirror and don't see a cute pregnant lady, I see me fat again.  I am only 5'2" so when I gain you can REALLY see it.  Pre-pregnancy I can see the difference in my body if I gain a couple of pounds, so this is definitely a major mental struggle.   

with my first child (daughter) I gained 80 lbs!  With my son I gained 60, and I wasn't at an ideal weight when I started that pregnancy.  So with this one I am trying so hard to maintain my weight and muscle mass.  I wish I could love how I look, but I don't know if I ever have.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-19-2014, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mamabear we are so on the same page!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:43 AM

If you ever need to talk, or vent, I'm here for ya

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-19-2014, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Same to you
Old 05-19-2014, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I gaied about 60 with my daughter.  I don't remember feeling aweful but it was 10 years ago and I was in DENIAL!  I lost the majority of it with in the first year she was born. Then when we did our IUI's they told me it would help to lose about 20 lbs.  Well, I lost 35 and felt great.  We did 2 rounds of IVF and I gained about 20 lbs and then when we weren't pregnant and told I had bad eggs.... I gained another 35 :( (over the course of 2 year).  I started eating helthy and getting back on track when I found out I was pregnant.  So, I am starting this pregnancy at my highest (outside of 9 months pregnant with DD).  I am not happy about it at all.  So, I have been watching but also nothing sounds good and m/s makes it hard to plan.  I have tried to have healthy snacks in the house so no matter what, I am making a good choice.  So far, I have only gained 2 lbs (am 14 weeks today) but freaking out over those 2 lbs.  I want to be healthy and make sure baby has what he/she needs but also gain the minimum possible while helahty.  I want to bounce back and get back on being healthy.  I was a much better wife and mother when I was closer to my ideal weight.

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14 - It's a BOY!
Old 05-19-2014, 11:04 AM

weight is a serious pain in the ass! 

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-19-2014, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Aprilmom you have had a tough go! Congrats on your pregnancy! I feel ya about those two pounds. I lost weight with m/s but have recently started to gain back (still a few below my start weight).

I think I am extra down as I was with my sister yesterday (who is great and said nothing about my belly/me looking big). Hiwever she is one of those thin people that is super fit....not just thin but muscled and I was having memories if my days looking like that! (she is older but has never been pregnant and does work really hard at it too)
Old 05-19-2014, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)

With my first pregnancy, I gained almost 80lbs.  I'm short, so that didn't work in my favor and I also gained a decent amount of water weight.  Everyone thought there was 2 or 3 inside of me despite the ultrasounds and my 3d ultrasound.  I worked off half of that in the first year, and spent the past 4 years keeping the rest off.  Now into pregnancy 2, I'm already up 16lbs.  My OB told me not to freak out, it's mostly because I didn't have a lot of morning sickness.  I'm feeling icky and unattractive, and worrying that I'm going to gain too much again.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

Old 05-19-2014, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Sigh...what we do for babies!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

With my daughter I gained 65 lbs. I did better with my son, probably because I was taking care of and running after a 3/4 yr old. Last year I started gaining weight and have been trying to loose it (without success). Pre-pregnancy I started off 30-40 lbs over my ideal/comfortable weight. So, I'm not looking forward to more weight. I also suffer from varicose veins, that worsen with pregnancy, so that's been fun. 

All I know is I will be exclusively breastfeeding, as I did for about 5 years combined with my other two. And I remember them 'nursing the weight off me' :)

So there is hope:):) 

Old 05-21-2014, 11:21 AM

ugh.  I'm glad you all are talking about this.  I'm feeling fat too and very annoyed with myself for being bothered by it.  I was always an average weight -- not skinny by any means but just kind of in the middle (5'2" and btwn 120-130 lbs. depending on the season).  I gained a TON of weight with my son.  no scale, so not sure how much, but it was a LOT.  I carried an extra 15-20 lbs. (at least) for over 2 years after he was born.  for me, I believe I needed that extra weight while breastfeeding, and wasn't able to lose it until I weaned at 2.5-years.  aprilmom -- I hear you about denial!!  I didn't worry about weight at all during that time, but looking back at photos I was so much "heavier" than ever before in my life and my posture was terrible.  over the past 3 years I got in awesome shape!  I did intense pilates at least 5 times a week, avoided simple carbs, and got super thin and super strong.  it felt soooo good!!  but now, at 15 weeks pregnant, I'm already getting chubby again, and not just in the belly.  I've been on fairly strict bedrest, so between no exercise at all and force-feeding myself gross simple carbs every 90-minutes to battle extreme round-the-clock nausea, I'm getting out of shape fast.  I've eaten enough Saltines, Ritz crackers and English Muffins to keep those companies in business single-handedly!  I'm kind of depressed and definitely more self-conscious with this pregnancy about the extra weight, especially since I know firsthand how much more gain is coming.  it's hard being short -- every extra ounce shows so much.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Lydiacaitlin that stinks! Bedrest sucks fir anyobe but must be extremely difficult for a person who sounded so active before hand. Is the bedrest going to be permanent?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:16 PM

thanks Marilyn, I really hope not.  I've got regular bleeding, so it all depends on if I can get the hematomas to heal up.  I'm so hoping to have a fun summer with my 6-year-old...  I honestly don't know what we will do when school gets out if I'm still laid low...

Old 05-21-2014, 02:59 PM

I hear you on the short issue, every lb. shows so much more

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 05-23-2014, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yea.... I have been feeling "fat" but let me tell you what I did. I went to our track in the park and while everyone was running and pushing themselves physically, I was sitting on a bench eating a delicious coffee cake and while getting some sunshine. Something about letting go and enjoying cake and carbs without guilt... it made me feel soo much better. Watching people sweat is entertaining. 😜
Old 05-24-2014, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Rainbow that sounds awesome!

I have officually reached the "is she just getting fat" stage
Old 06-12-2014, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Hey. I was wondering if anyone else noticed a sudden growth spurt around 17 weeks. I went from no weight gain to up 5lbs in 2 weeks.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

And I know how fickle this is compared to some of your problems ladies. Sorry!
Old 06-12-2014, 03:38 PM

My weight gain has been pretty constant...I've gained 10.8 lbs in 19 weeks 2 days... My pregnancy tracker said I am .8 overweight! Ahh, I'm going to go crazy with this worrying about weight gain.

And I don't think you need to apologize, how you feel about yourself is never a fickle issue!

Are you still exercising? I stopped for a few weeks and could definitely notice the change in my body. So now I am back to running. I am only using my treadmill now though, because the mosquitos are too thick in the forest for my newfound slowness. Last year I ran an average of 6 mph and this year I am at 4, lol.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-12-2014, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

I am still gping to the gym. I am wondering (hoping) that the gain is some muscle coming back. Since the morning sickness went away I am able to eat better protein.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:23 AM

But remember, at 17 weeks you should be gaining some weight, unless you started out obese and I'm just not seeing that. Five lbs. seems very healthy and right on track. Just remember, you are beautiful!

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-13-2014, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks again. I didn't start obese but have fears of ending up that way!
Old 06-13-2014, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I went swimsuit shopping today... Not so fun. We rented a house on a lake, and leave in three weeks. I can't really imagine wearing my itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny bikini at the the moment. Seriously not fun in the dressing room. I feel like a cow. Why can't I be one of those adorable pregnant ladies that only gains weight in her cute, slightly larger stomach? Nope. Giant thighs and bum. Arrrrgggggg!

Cass, DP Justin, and big woof sister Lola anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Kellan, due 11/18

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35*** 40
Old 06-13-2014, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

I squeezed into my bathibg suit wednesday...it wasn't too frightning but I was never teeny
Old 06-13-2014, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I was feeling happy with my cute little belly,but then I watched some video of a rehearsal for a dance piece that I'm in tomorrow... I felt like I look more wide than pregnant. I've gained 8-10 lbs (at 18wks).
Of course, I'm *supposed* to be pregnant in one number, so I was even hoping that I'd be a little bigger by now.

Rehearsals have been taking up a lot of my time (and I'm only dancing maybe 10mins of a 45 minute show), but now that I'm over the first trimester, I'm planning to be better about moving more. I don't think I should try to get back into running (which I miss), and given how much my ankles seem to turn, solo hiking is out, but I'm thinking a prenatal yoga class might be good.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:12 AM - Thread Starter

Autumlaughing I am sure you look great! Its great you are still staying active dancing. Good luck at the show.

User Tag List