• 1 Post By sierramtngirl
  • 1 Post By Ratchet
  • 1 Post By antidiluvian

#1 of 12 Old 06-11-2014, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Placenta Previa

Ack, as if I didn't have enough issues to worry about during this pregnancy, placenta previa has been added to the list. It's currently laying low in my uterus, and if it doesn't adjust by delivery time, we get to toss my natural birth out the window.

Have any moms experienced this? Was there anything they were told to do to help? I really don't want to do a c-section unless it absolutely comes to it.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#2 of 12 Old 06-11-2014, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hugs mama!!! I know how stressful this can be! I had posterior placenta previa at 20 weeks and by 28 it had moved out of the way. I did do accupuncture and lots of visualization of my placenta moving up as my baby grew. I have no idea if either helped, but I figured it couldn't hurt. I went on to have a totally natural birth and a perfect 3 week old baby boy.
badwolf092087 likes this.
#3 of 12 Old 06-11-2014, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Nature is already in your favor- placentas usually "move" upwards as they/uterus grows, but won't "move" down. So, be positive!
badwolf092087 likes this.
#4 of 12 Old 06-11-2014, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agree with the other ladies, there is still a good chance this early on that it will move out of the way. That being said, my SIL was planning a home water birth with her last pregnancy, she had the tub already and everything, but ended having placenta previa. She ended up really enjoying the planned aspect of having a c-section since there was no concern as to whether or not DH could make it in time, where the kids would be, how long labor would last, etc. It wasn't her ideal but she found a silver lining, so hopefully if it ends up that way for you you can find comfort in that, too. :s::
Usually Curious likes this.
#5 of 12 Old 06-11-2014, 05:49 PM

Do you know if the placenta is covering the cervix? If so, fully or partially? A lot of times they say the placenta is low lying, which happened to me last pregnancy. At my 20 week US it was low, but by 30 weeks it moved out the way.
In most cases it as the uterus stretches the placenta moves up.
#6 of 12 Old 06-11-2014, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah I really would not worry or even call it placenta previa at this point in the game. SO MANY women have it 'lying low' in this 16-20 week range we're all in, I do as well. They told me at my anatomy scan today very casually and I didn't bat an eyelash. Only in a very small number of cases does it become placent previa at full term, I knew this going into it so I'm not worried. Calm down, mama.
#7 of 12 Old 06-12-2014, 05:18 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Same. I just had our anatomy scan and mine is low. The doctor said there is a 99% chance that is will shift up as my uterus grows.
#8 of 12 Old 06-12-2014, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Badwolf the other ladies are probably right....but if your like me you just wanted to vent.

That sucks lady! Thinking of you and hoping it's not as bad as you think.
#9 of 12 Old 06-12-2014, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Apparently it's been a concern for a while, but it was finally brought to my concern. And that's only because I'm getting sick of the bed rest and tried to push myself, and had to be given a "lecture" about following these orders. It's partially blocking the cervix as of right now, so there's the chance it will stretch and move. I guess my OB and husband decided to get honest with me about it because of how adamant I've been about a natural birth, no drugs, no inducing, etc. And the circumference of the baby's head is another reason they started to bring it up.

I honestly dislike the amount of issues that have come up in this pregnancy that didn't come up 5 years ago when I was pregnant with Connor. I was working 50+ hour weeks and my biggest issue was running out of pickles, bananas, and peanut butter. This time I have this issue, the kidney or bladder issue which has to stay on the back burner until I deliver, and being forced into bed rest. I delivered Connor before that was suppose to happen. I guess I'm just feeling angry because of all these things happening now that weren't issues in the past.

Thanks for the support ladies.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#10 of 12 Old 06-12-2014, 09:10 AM

I'm so sorry you're dealing with all that, that's enough to stress and upset anyone! It's so frustrating when we feel like we have so little power or control in our own pregnancy and delivery.
#11 of 12 Old 06-12-2014, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
big hugs!

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

#12 of 12 Old 06-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am sorry, that sucks. My sister had partial placenta previa that they found when she started bleeding at 20 weeks. She had off and on spotting/bleeding until she had the baby full term. Her placenta moved enough for her to have her baby naturally but not enough for her midwife to feel comfortable with her being at home. She did have to go on modified bedrest and it was hard. She was used to being very active. So kind of a mixed bag story. She ended up getting to have her baby vaginally but at a hospital and she did have to do the bed rest. Her labor and birth were easy and no hemorrhaging at all, not even a hint. She had to process it pretty quickly because they were holding out hope until 35-37 weeks that it would move enough to be at home. I think the limbo was honestly harder than having it decided. She had her first at home and was just sad and had to mourn that part. As far as the head circumference goes, my ds had one in the 95-99%ile range the whole time and I do not have wide hips or am a bigger lady or any of that other bull people think needs to happen to have a baby. He came out and had a big head lol but he came out naturally and at home. I had to push a while but he was also my first. Hugs to you mama, that was supposed to be encouraging. I am sorry you having to even think and wonder before you can fully decide anything. Rest was important for my sister, too much and she would start bleeding an have to go get checked if it reached a certain point. Those placentas move, and some times you have spotting when they are moving, so it is a good thing but still disconcerting and you wouldn't know for sure without the ultrasound. Make sure you ask how much spotting is worth a visit and how much is just rest more so you don't have to make a trip you don't want to. Hope you get good news soon!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page