2Likes
  • 1 Post By antidiluvian
  • 1 Post By antidiluvian

#1 of 15 Old 07-04-2014, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feeling huge!

Only 21 weeks and I feel the way I felt at 28 + weeks with my first. I keep wondering what I've gotten myself into this time around!!! Anyone else feel the same way? I feel full constantly and I think this baby is right on top of my bladder! I feel his movements really low and sometimes I can actually feel my bladder being used as a punching bag... Or kicking bag, whatever. I constantly feel like I have to pee!! Only 19 more weeks :/ I want to be able to add a baby bump picture but I can't figure it out yet. I know everyone carries differently and I see some women at 21 weeks that are barely showing. That is NOT the case with me!!
#2 of 15 Old 07-04-2014, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

I think I figured out the picture thing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (112.1 KB, 35 views)
#3 of 15 Old 07-05-2014, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
@naturesbabies I'm about your size, but am 19 weeks today. This is also my 2nd baby. That aside, your baby bump is beautiful! I know how you feel about women with the smaller bumps. They don't matter. What matters is the healthy munchkin growing inside!

And as far as the bladder goes, tell me about it! My little girl is kicking mine like crazyyyyyy. Every ultrasound it shows, too.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#4 of 15 Old 07-05-2014, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You look awesome! I think big baby bumps are great, it's a really obvious (and feminine) tummy that you'll only have when you are pregnant.

I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you (23 1/2 today) and I'm popping out a bit more. It's my third, and yes, after your first it really can explode quick! I think my muscles are just so stretched from before that it hangs out front way more than it did the first time around. I don't *think* I've gained too much weight for where I'm at in the pregnancy. I really feel like I need to do more focused exercise instead of just "keeping busy" with the kids (at least for my arms' sake . I gained like 10 pounds immediately once I stopped feeling sick, but it seems to be mostly baby. I'm feeling SO big though, and looking at my previous pregnancy pictures I can't even fathom how big my belly was last time, nor being that again! Of course, my son was huge, so I'm hoping that this little lady is a little more reasonable.

I'm starting to get more reflux, to feel *super* full, and yes, my bladder is being attacked all the time by a little munchkin! How I've done this twice before, I don't know, but it's funny how we forget otherwise we just *might* not do it again.
badwolf092087 likes this.

Last edited by antidiluvian; 07-05-2014 at 09:15 AM.
#5 of 15 Old 07-05-2014, 09:09 AM

Just for perspective: I've gained about 17 pounds to date, last time my total weight gain was 30 pounds and my DS was nearly 11 pounds! He was born 9 days past due, and I had no GD or anything, just a big boy! I don't have much of a torso so baby has no where to go but *out*. Here is my pic from 38 weeks last time! 38weeksK.jpg
Momma2Merrell likes this.
#6 of 15 Old 07-05-2014, 09:11 AM

I am 19 weeks and this is my third. I can't believe how fast I am showing this time around!
Speaking of having to pee all the time...nights are the worst - I don't sleek any more! I must take at least 5 bathroom breaks every night. It's awful.

Feeling you ladies! I kinda feel cheated this time around. Lol
#7 of 15 Old 07-05-2014, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I am 20/21 weeks along with my 6th.....and I totally have started to pop this past week! It is like I just woke up and BAM there is a belly! I keep reassuring myself that I am doing great on weight as I am just now to my pre preg weight (and still 6 lbs less than the end of last year). When I first got pg (before I knew I was pg), I was on a strict all natural diet....in which I lost 4 lbs in a month or two. I seem to be measuring right on the money for where I should be. I had just gotten the baby weight off from my last baby before I got pg with this one...so I really hope I can keep my weight managed!
#8 of 15 Old 07-05-2014, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I also feel huge! 22 weeks and have gained 19 lbs! My midwife keeps reassuring me I'm right on the money, but I definitely feel huge.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

#9 of 15 Old 07-05-2014, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I think you look great, too! I have my
"whale" moments, but I know that objectivly I look better than I think I do. Of course, it would be great to hear it sometimes....

My husband laughs at my surprise when I struggle to get out of bed - I miss being graceful. I've put on about 14 lbs at 21 weeks, which is higher than I'd like, but I guess not too bad? It does seem to be mostly belly & boobs. Also, I'd just lost 5-7 before I got pregnant, so some of that might be bounce back.
#10 of 15 Old 07-05-2014, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I am right there with you. I definitely have a 'boy' belly this time: I'm way more out in front (with my daughter, my belly was wider) and it's freaking me out a bit, because I don't even want to think about how huge I'm going to be in 18 weeks!

Oddly, I'm gaining a little less weight this time around I think. I gained about 45 pounds with my daughter, and so far I'm only up about 15 pounds, which is way less than I had gained this point in the game with her.

My belly button is so itchy, and is already popped, so crazy because it didn't pop out until the very end last time.

Mama to a DD, born 5.20.2012

Expecting #2 in Early November 2014!

#11 of 15 Old 07-06-2014, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
You look great naturesbabies!! I suggest swimming. It's been a relief on the 'round ligaments' for me. It takes all the weight off. I try to go swim as often as possible.

I'm 20 weeks today!! Half way!! This first half, although sometimes miserable, went by quickly

I feel really big for half way. Baby is low and on my bladder also, and I have to pee ALL THE TIME. I'll run to the bathroom for a tiny little tinkle. Ridiculous! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (278.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (96.9 KB, 15 views)
#12 of 15 Old 07-07-2014, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

I'm just so glad to hear there isn't something wrong with me being this uncomfortable so early on. Well, halfway through I guess I should say. I keep trying to tell myself to embrace it bc I'm only going to be getting bigger! Oh fun!!
#13 of 15 Old 07-07-2014, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Naturesbabies, you are precious!

I'm huge. Huge. Much bigger than last time and this is #8 . I think my muscles and tendons have just given up.
#14 of 15 Old 07-08-2014, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I feel like a whale! But only during the second half of the day What's with that? I'm perfectly comfortable in the morning, but at night my belly is so distended I feel like I'm gonna pop! And I'm only 21 weeks! I've felt great for most of the 21, no morning sickness to speak of. But I gotta say, as a newbie, I'm getting a bit nervous about how I'll function towards the end when I'm that much bigger.

****5****10****15****20****25****30* **35****40
#15 of 15 Old 07-10-2014, 10:44 PM

I'm 22 weeks and have a good sized bump now. (About the same size as you, naturebabies, maybe a little bigger and it's my first.) Strangers are starting to notice I'm obviously pregnant and ask me how far along I am, which is really cool. My husband tells me how huge I'm getting every day. Not in a bad way! He loves it, and so do I. I haven't been too uncomfortable lately, except for my lower back, but right after I first started to show (14-16 weeks) my belly hurt sooo bad, like my insides were growing faster than my outsides and I was all stretched out. Now I'm noticing I can't move around as gracefully. If I needed something up high I used to hop up on the counter with such ease, and hop back down. I recently discovered that that's not really happening anymore...haha!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page