Meltdown... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-13-2014, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Meltdown...

I'm really freaking out! My daughter is 7 and her father and I are not together anymore. We do the whole 50/50 thing pretty well!! That meant that I had the best of both worlds. I got a lot of "me" time to do what I wanted. That will end when this baby comes. I don't know if I'm ready to do this all over again!!!! I feel claustrophobic and stuck. Ahhhhh!!!!! I'm not joking.. I need a time machine...

Also PLEASE don't judge me for having these thoughts! I know they'll simmer down. I don't think they'll go away completely, but... Lol

I just need a safe place to vent. I'm not going to lie. I'm terrified...
#2 of 7 Old 07-14-2014, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
While I would not want to go back and change this little boy I am so excited to meet... I completly understand. While I am still mairred to DD's father, she is 9 and very self sufficient. She can get a snack, shower, get dressed, clean her room... read a book when I don't feel well. Now with my new LO, I am realizing that a lot of that feedom will be gone (for a while). However, I remind myself that it will be replaced with baby smiles, kisses and cuddles. The excitement of all the firsts and watching him grow. So, that makes it worth it to me.

Try making a plan to know when you will have 'me' time. Maybe that will help reduce some of your anxiety if you know that you are going to have time for yourself still.

Lynne (35) wife to DH (38) mom to DD (9) ** TTC # 2 since 7/07 ** m/c 6/23/10** 2 Failed IVF rounds... moving forward on adoption; Paperwork/home study complete, waiting on a birth mom to 'pick' us

joy.gif got a SURPRISE BFP EDD 11/17/14
#3 of 7 Old 07-14-2014, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think for me it's a realisation that everything is about to change. But it's ok... Just a freak out moment. I really can't wait to meet my precious little angel. I'm still freaked out though
#4 of 7 Old 07-14-2014, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
freak out is totally normal and it makes a lot of sense. I had me quite a few of those moments. My littlest will be five and my oldest will be about eight when this baby arrives and I definitely have the occasional what the hell was I thinking moments because my little ones are both becoming very sufficient in life and I am starting all over again! My husband doesn't do much around the house (of course he works and it is my job) but I think about bedtime and meal times and the extra work and sometimes it chokes me up a bit when I am falling behind. But in the end it is a beautiful thing expanding your family and gaining a new life to nurture and raise...

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

#5 of 7 Old 07-14-2014, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm freaking out and my daughter is only two, but she is more independent each day, and it is hard to think about going back to having a baby on the boob constantly, all the diapers, less freedom, etc.

Mama to a DD, born 5.20.2012

Expecting #2 in Early November 2014!

#6 of 7 Old 07-14-2014, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
this reminds me of when I found out I was pg with my first....I was very young and the dad and I had split up...I was HORRIBLY stressed and yes, I did sort of hope to go back in time and change things.....so I understand that feeling.
But you know what.....that changed and I couldn't imagine my life without her (her dad and I also got back together and now have 5 OTHER children (one still baking!))
So don't stress about it! It will all work out! Remember lo will sleep a lot, you can still have your "me time"....and I am sure you can find people you trust to watch her when you need to get out of the house!
#7 of 7 Old 07-15-2014, 05:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can relate, it's okay to be freaked out. I think it's even worse when it's not your first because you really do know what's coming.

My daughter is 11, and a lot was different my first go around. I was a SAHM and loved every minute. We all know how fast they grow, and I am so anxious about doing this all over again! This time I will be a working Mom, and boy am I scared about that. The sleepless nights, the time away. It was hard enough the first time, and I never had to wake up to an alarm or worry about other things besides just getting through the day and night.

I'm so very excited to be doing this again, though. And will charish every moment, and I know you all will too.

Sarah (35) Married to Jason (32)  Cali (11)  Madeline Due 11/17/2014  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page