• 2 Post By mamabear7
  • 1 Post By 3lilchunklins
  • 1 Post By Casmira

#1 of 13 Old 07-17-2014, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Baby Supplies

I am feeling very excited. I just ordered my first wet bag for diapers and one duo wrap thirsties diaper. My SIL uses Thirsties diapers and absolutely loves them so I am going with the pro on her advice. They are so darn cute! I am waiting on purchasing more 'till I can drive into the city and check out the cloth diapering store for myself. Right after hitting up Subway with the kids I am ordering a Special Delivery baby Hammock. They are made by Patricia Mather
Physician, Midwife, Seamstress,
Mother and Grandmother and her daughters. If anyone is interested in baby hammocks I would suggest checking out her website www.specialdeliverybabyhammock.com. I have done a TON of research on baby hammocks and these are awesome! I know I may sound like I am trying to sell her product, but I do love supporting small companies especially a family owned and operated one. Just a few moms sitting around sewing baby hammocks. They have been in business since 2010 and have a great website with lots of info. I am so excited to start getting ready for this baby!
hikingfortruth and crazyms like this.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

#2 of 13 Old 07-17-2014, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was looking for baby hammocks! adding this one to the list to compare

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#3 of 13 Old 07-17-2014, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome! I love their company. I sent an email with fabric questions and received an email back in three hours and all of my questions answered thoroughly. I did so much research and almost gave up on a hammock until I found their company. The design of them is beautiful and seems like the most natural and safest I have found... Good luck with the research

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

#4 of 13 Old 07-19-2014, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone have any ideas of an easy way (while in the end stages of labor) to have oil automatically heated? This is my 3rd and I want to do organic cloths and oil compresses to help the perineum stretch. I've had minor tearing with both my home births previously and really want to focus on this this time around. Is there something like an oil heater that won't get it too hot? Or a tea light candle contraption?

"When one who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest!"
#5 of 13 Old 07-19-2014, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

hmmm, a tealight contraption or oil warmer is an interesting idea. It is made for scenting your home but you could just as easily use it to heat up your own oils then soak a washcloth in it. Have you thought of applying oils to the perineum area throughout your pregnancy? That may help drastically also...

-Benjamin Franklin

#6 of 13 Old 07-19-2014, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Sme of the midwives around here use a crock pot to make warm soaks for the perineum, but they are heating up water and cloths; it's probably too big for heating just oil, but I'm not sure exactly what you have planned?
#7 of 13 Old 07-19-2014, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Yes, perineal massage is helpful!
#8 of 13 Old 07-19-2014, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

A crock pot is a great idea! They actually make small crock pots for making dips, that would be the perfect size!

-Benjamin Franklin

#9 of 13 Old 07-20-2014, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Back to the hammocks for a sec. I've never heard of these before but after checking out that link, I'm seriously considering getting one for this baby! Thanks for sharing mamabear!

What type of oil are you ladies thinking? olive, coconut, evening primrose??
mamabear7 likes this.
#10 of 13 Old 07-20-2014, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
I got to go to some tag sales today courtesy of my wonderful other MIL. I got a Moses basket for only $15! There wasn't too much in terms of baby items. Well, for things that were unisex or girl-ish. And the stuff I did like the women wanted too close to retail for, so no point in buying. But I'm loving the Moses basket! Our puppy thinks it's for her, haha.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 10 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

#11 of 13 Old 07-21-2014, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Aww, Moses baskets are so sweet.

Chunklins, I have had loads of questions for Patricia who runs the hammock company and she has gotten back to me each time with all of my answers and tons of sweetness too. I feel very confident in their company and product and can't wait to get my hammock! It is being made right now!

I would think using coconut oil would be a good oil for softening up skin.

-Benjamin Franklin

#12 of 13 Old 08-31-2014, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Can babies sleep overnight in the baby hammock or is it just for naps?
mamabear7 likes this.
#13 of 13 Old 08-31-2014, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, they absolutely can sleep overnight in the hammock, I would say very closely to mommy. You can hang it over your bed or by the side right at eye level. It really is a matter of comfort though, like what are you comfortable with. When they are older it is recommended to hang it low to the ground so if they fall out it is only a matter of inches. Some people choose to use them just for naps because it is what they are comfortable with. You should check out the website and email the owner. I bet she could answer your question beautifully. All of her grandchildren use them and sleep in them well into toddlerhood.

-Benjamin Franklin

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page