stretch marks - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-17-2014, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
stretch marks

Anyone have a good way to hydrate the skin and minimize the amount of stretch marks you get? I got a ton with DS and maybe one with DD and I am feeling the stretch in my skin already. I keep putting coconut oil on, some lavender essential oils and some shea butter on. Anything else I can do? My belly goes straight out and i am really feeling it.

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#2 of 6 Old 07-17-2014, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I dh great success with korkum oil(spelling might be wrong) I ordered it for mountain rose herbs. The only pain is it has to be heated up to use because it's melting point is nowhere near coconut oil bit I think that is why it worked for me anyway. Best
#3 of 6 Old 07-17-2014, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have been using a dropper full of argan oil with my aloe lotion. Hopefully it works, seems to be so far.

I think it's just important to stay moisturized.

I got a ton of stretch marks with DD and none with DS. When I was pregnant with DD we lived up north and the heat was on, drying out my skin. I didn't use enough lotion/oil so my skin could stretch smoothly. When I got out of the shower, I just wanted to dry off and get dressed because it was freezing.
#4 of 6 Old 07-21-2014, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Do you get much gelatin in your diet? Gelatin is collagen which is what keeps your skin stretchy. Homemade broth, homemade jello (just gelatin a fruit juice), even hydrolyzed gelatin in tea and smoothies are all good ways to increase your consumption. I've also heard that poor core strength contributes to stretch marks because there's more pressure on your skin, maybe a belly support band would be helpful too,

Mama to a DD, born 5.20.2012

Expecting #2 in Early November 2014!

#5 of 6 Old 07-21-2014, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I believe drinking plenty of water is important too.
I don't use any oils, lotions or eat gelatin and am on my 6th pg with no major stretch marks (thank the Lord!).
#6 of 6 Old 07-22-2014, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I recently read that genetics plays a huge role in whether or not you get stretch marks and the severity of them.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page