stretch marks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#1 of 10 Old 07-17-2014, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
stretch marks

Anyone have a good way to hydrate the skin and minimize the amount of stretch marks you get? I got a ton with DS and maybe one with DD and I am feeling the stretch in my skin already. I keep putting coconut oil on, some lavender essential oils and some shea butter on. Anything else I can do? My belly goes straight out and i am really feeling it.

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-17-2014, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I dh great success with korkum oil(spelling might be wrong) I ordered it for mountain rose herbs. The only pain is it has to be heated up to use because it's melting point is nowhere near coconut oil bit I think that is why it worked for me anyway. Best
#3 of 10 Old 07-17-2014, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I have been using a dropper full of argan oil with my aloe lotion. Hopefully it works, seems to be so far.

I think it's just important to stay moisturized.

I got a ton of stretch marks with DD and none with DS. When I was pregnant with DD we lived up north and the heat was on, drying out my skin. I didn't use enough lotion/oil so my skin could stretch smoothly. When I got out of the shower, I just wanted to dry off and get dressed because it was freezing.
#4 of 10 Old 07-21-2014, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Do you get much gelatin in your diet? Gelatin is collagen which is what keeps your skin stretchy. Homemade broth, homemade jello (just gelatin a fruit juice), even hydrolyzed gelatin in tea and smoothies are all good ways to increase your consumption. I've also heard that poor core strength contributes to stretch marks because there's more pressure on your skin, maybe a belly support band would be helpful too,

Mama to a DD, born 5.20.2012

Expecting #2 in Early November 2014!

#5 of 10 Old 07-21-2014, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I believe drinking plenty of water is important too.
I don't use any oils, lotions or eat gelatin and am on my 6th pg with no major stretch marks (thank the Lord!).
#6 of 10 Old 07-22-2014, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I recently read that genetics plays a huge role in whether or not you get stretch marks and the severity of them.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

#7 of 10 Old 07-26-2014, 10:14 PM

I am sure that is probably true. I know my mom has some, but they are not as horrid as I have seen on other people.
#8 of 10 Old 07-29-2014, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I don't know about my mother, but I have horrid stretch marks that do not want to fade no matter what I do to them... Luckily my sweet hubby says he loves them; it's just the extra oomph and loose skin he's not crazy about. But that too fades with a TON of buttkicking on my part. I've always wished I was one of those lucky women that bounce back to shape beautifully, but it takes some serious work. My body seems to always be preparing for the dang apocalypse with my slow metabolism.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

#9 of 10 Old 07-29-2014, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Drinking water, using oils/special creams these are the only things i know to help with stretch marks.
I do think that everything depends on your skin! if you have sensitive/dry skin it's almost impossible to avoid stretch marks;-( i have the same type of skin as my mom (very dry/sensitive), she have huge stretch marks on her stomach. so i know i will not be able to avoid these marks as well(((
#10 of 10 Old 07-30-2014, 10:11 PM

My hands and face have been more on the dry side (my feet have been too if I don't keep something on them).....but my belly isn't. I haven't had issues with stretch marks. I am not saying that what you said isn't true, just pointing out that some parts of your body can be dry and not affect whether you have stretch marks. =)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page