3Likes
  • 1 Post By 3lilchunklins
  • 2 Post By 3lilchunklins

#1 of 10 Old 07-29-2014, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
diaper bag for multiple LOs

I started thinking about getting a bigger diaper bag for when this baby arrives. DS will be 20 months in Nov and I'll surely be dragging a bunch of stuff around for him as well. Our full size diaper bag we currently use is maxed out on space. Does anyone have an extra large diaper bag recommendation for two kids???
#2 of 10 Old 07-29-2014, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Possibly a divided tote type bag?? I never bought actual diaper bags, I just used large purses and such. Or maybe have two, one for each babe. That way one bag doesn't get too heavy?
#3 of 10 Old 07-30-2014, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I tend to like to use backpacks. That way I can get my old man to carry it and still feel manly and there's always plenty of room.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

#4 of 10 Old 07-30-2014, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

I like the back pack idea, that might work. Especially with trying to juggle two kids,, or maybe DS1 would even carry it
Oh yea and its back to school season so the pickins are wide.
Thanks for the ideas ladies!
mamabear7 likes this.
#5 of 10 Old 07-30-2014, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
With my first child, when she got to walking age, my mom got her a tiny back pack (or as my dd would say pak cak..lol). It was only big enough to hold her little sippy cup, a diaper, small to go pack of wipes and a dress. She could carry it herself and really enjoyed it. We just had to refill it every time we went somewhere. I haven't seen any back packs that small since then, but I like it. It was seriously probably 6 inches or less tall with two small compartments.
With the rest of my kids, I just had a large diaper bag and put it all together. The diaper bag was bulky and almost overflowing, but it worked. With my last, I seriously had a change of clothes for all of my 5 kids, dipes for both my kids in dipes, wipes and food supplies (nursing supplies and sippy)....and I would use one section for my stuff...so it doubled as a purse. Now that my son is over two I barely even have a diaper bag (most places I go have dipes...such as church and I always have some in the car...I keep a stocked diaper bag in there incase I would forget to restock the one I take with me to places). Now days, I just throw his cup in my purse most of the time. =S
For this baby, I plan to reuse the big diaper bag. I don't know the brand, but I really like it. It is a brown suede looking material with pretty burgundy embroidery of flowers and scrolliness on the outside messenger style bag. On the inside it has several compartments...all labeled for ease of organization. One says "mom's things"....and then there are two other compartments. One labeled for baby things and the other just blank (which is where I kept my older kids stuff). I put my big throw blanket on the top (which of course wouldn't shut inside...lol). I like it because it in itself is not heavy or bulky...unlike some bags that are heavy or bulky while empty! Also, I can just throw it in the washing machine without issue. The strap is comfy too. If I happen to think about it, I will check the brand and let you know. =)
#6 of 10 Old 08-01-2014, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Cool thanks!
I feel like I shouldn't need so much stuff for him still at this age. But I use every bit of it regularly.
#7 of 10 Old 08-03-2014, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I stopped using my diaper bag when my daughter was around your son' sage, but she was out of diapers then too. I just throw a change of pants/undies in my purse, and keep the rest of the junk in the car. It was hard to let go of the idea of needing my diaper bag, but when I went through it I realized most of the stuff in there I hadn't needed for months.

I think your best bet would be to get a large canvas or other tote, and then use smaller, zippered bags for each child inside the large tote. That way their stuff is separate.

Mama to a DD, born 5.20.2012

Expecting #2 in Early November 2014!

#8 of 10 Old 08-04-2014, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Wow your DD was out of diapers this young??
My DD potty trained the earliest but she was still over 2.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to end up doing. I wonder what mamas of twins use....
#9 of 10 Old 08-04-2014, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Before I threw the diaper bag in the wash today, I checked for a brand...but couldn't find one.
#10 of 10 Old 08-07-2014, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Well thanks anyway

I ended up getting an airwalk sling backpack for 20% off with the back to school stuff.... so far its working out for us.
Momma2Merrell and mamabear7 like this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page