95% sure that I shouldn't worry... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-30-2014, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
95% sure that I shouldn't worry...

This afternoon I had a fairly bad, fairly painful cramp on the left side of my belly... Which hasn't gone away entirely.

Now, I'm a total noob about contractions I kind of thought this was maybe Braxton-hicks? They's no rhythm, just a generally mild cramp (unless I do something that puts stress on the muscle- or if kidlett kicks it!). Can BH be painful?

Also, what do contractions feel like? I had one "uterus tightening" moment (which went on for 20 mins) after an orgasm... and decided that was no fun! Little girl didn't seem to care for it either.

I keep thinking that it's fine, I'll just ask the midwives about it next Tuesday, but then I get nervous...

I'm having SPD problems on that side as well, but that actually seemed better today.
#2 of 5 Old 07-30-2014, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
could be what I believe is referred to as round ligament pain....which is a normal part of pregnancy as your body stretches out to carry baby
Yes, bh can hurt....I haven't had a lot of bh with any of my pgs so, I cant say much about them....but they are definitely noticeable and you can tell it is a tightening of the muscles around the uterus. I had some the other day and they were at the very top of my belly.....it wasn't really painful, but I could definitely tell it. With a different pg, I did have slightly more painful bh.....but I have never had bh be as bad as normal contrax......but I cant say for sure they couldn't be....again I haven't had a lot of them to compare them to =)
With all of my pgs I have gotten the pain in the side/lower ab that is quite painful and to my knowledge that is what I was referring to as round ligament pain.

I agree, I don't think you have anything to worry about =)
#3 of 5 Old 07-30-2014, 10:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Braxton hicks can be uncomfortable, not real pain, just discomfort. I usually get a bunch of them. BH is only in your uterus, real ones you feel in your back as well.
I wouldn't be worried unless it gets severe. Probably just growing pains.
#4 of 5 Old 07-31-2014, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Sounds like round ligament pain. If it gets worse, definitely call your midwife.
#5 of 5 Old 07-31-2014, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Thanks! It's better this morning. I think I might have mistaken swollen ovaries for round ligament pain early on - we did IVF - but I'm finding it tricky to figure out what's where in my abdomen - everything has shifted around!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page