Ouch! (Chafing) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

Old 08-14-2014, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Ouch! (Chafing)

I am having some serious pain from chafing on my right inner thigh/groin area. I'm sure it's from extra weight, but it appears to be chafing against my underpants (not against the other thigh). The only relief I can get is to take off my undies, which feels kind of risque given all I want to wear these days is dresses .
Any suggestions of better undergarments, or something I can use to relieve the pain that isn't medication-y?
I've been putting on baby powder in the mornings and that seems to help a bit, but it doesn't last all day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2014, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Have you tried some kind of sensitive skin lotion? I don't really know, but that's what pops to mind. Not fun.

Cass, DP Justin, and big woof sister Lola anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Kellan, due 11/18

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35*** 40
Old 08-14-2014, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
my nephew chafes sooo bad, and he's not overweight or heavy in the least bit. I put cornstarch on him and it works wonders! It works much better than baby powder hands down. Have you tried maybe boy shorts style underwear. Sometimes I have this chafing issue also because some of my undies are getting a little tight, but I never have problems with the boy shorts; probably because they don't have elastic in the groin area...

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-14-2014, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I've been having issues with thighs chafing together - a friend gave me a pair of maternity stretch pant cut-offs, and they help my issue... Probably won't help yours though
Old 08-15-2014, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try cornstarch to see if that helps. And last night I had to go out, and out of desperation put on a pair of my husband's boxer-briefs. That did help.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had to purchase a few pairs of under armour climate control under shorts. They are a lifesaver! I sweat so much while pregnant and if I don't wear them under skirts/dresses I get horrible chafing! They are a little spendy but completely worth the cost! $27.00 for the new pair I purchased last weekend. Best of luck in finding something that works for you :-)
Old 08-16-2014, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
motherhood maternity has the best maternity undies... in my opinion
Old 08-16-2014, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
I second corn starch. Just re-apply every time you go to the bathroom.

Another thought (seriously don't know if it would work), coconut oil. I have used it to moisturize before and it helped.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:32 PM

yes, coconut oil is awesome! You can do many things with it. Perhaps try some at night and sleep without undies to let it soak in. I use it for many things. My friend's baby daughter had horrible eczema all over her face and they started using coconut oil on it and it cleared up within a few weeks!

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-16-2014, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear7 View Post
yes, coconut oil is awesome! You can do many things with it. Perhaps try some at night and sleep without undies to let it soak in. I use it for many things. My friend's baby daughter had horrible eczema all over her face and they started using coconut oil on it and it cleared up within a few weeks!
I've been having the same issue! I've gone to sleeping without undies and am seriously considering buying some boy shorts. In the meantime, I just don't pull my undies up as tight - I kinda let them sag.

The first night I slept without undies I had to tell DH why as I didn't want him to necessarily think it was an invitation!
Old 08-17-2014, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bandelettes for chafing

You should try Bandelettes. I have been wearing these for a few months every time I wear a dress or a skirt. After awhile you tend to completely forget you have them on, they stay in place with silicone. I have not had to worry about deodorant, creams, pantyhose and what no this Summer since I have my wonderful bandelettes. Bandelettes are absolutely a great product! www.bandelettes.com
Old 08-17-2014, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Try coconut oil. I used that a few weeks ago and worked wonders for me.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Curious View Post
I've been having the same issue! I've gone to sleeping without undies and am seriously considering buying some boy shorts. In the meantime, I just don't pull my undies up as tight - I kinda let them sag.

The first night I slept without undies I had to tell DH why as I didn't want him to necessarily think it was an invitation!

LOL usually curious, I wear a nightie and try to hide the fact I am not wearing undies from my hubby. He usually figures it out anyhow

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-17-2014, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Maybe try body glide or another product for runners. My husband runs ultra marathons and needs that stuff. I make homemade lotion which he loves for healing chafed spots of of Shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil and olive oil, but it doesn't do much to actually prevent the chafing in the first place.

Mama to a DD, born 5.20.2012

Expecting #2 in Early November 2014!

User Tag List