Moving BEFORE baby comes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

Old 08-15-2014, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Moving BEFORE baby comes?

So we have been consider a long distance move for a while now, and we may get the chance pretty soon, but with only 2-3 months left to my pregnancy, I am feeling like now is not a good time to move. It would be great to move before winter (I live in the Northeast) but moving and switching care providers and neighbors and everything weeks before a birth just doesn't seem like the best thing to do. Have any of you been in this situation before? What would you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2014, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
We are moving in the next two weeks, but my doctor is only 30 minutes away so that's not an issue for us. How far do you plan on moving away? Maybe research some doctors or midwives in that area first?
Old 08-16-2014, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
that's a good idea to research some care providers in the area you are moving to. I personally wouldn't want to change care providers so late in the pregnancy, but I have heard of people that did and ended up loving their new care providers more than their old ones. And as long as you have help moving and won't be doing it all yourself, why not?

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-16-2014, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
In my case, the house we were planning on buying and moving into after Maddy is born went through A LOT sooner because my godfather paid for it. (Without telling us) All I'm personally doing is packing, and then pointing and instructing. If you have a team like that, perfect. If you don't, definitely wait.

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

Old 08-16-2014, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I am in a similar boat. We are getting ready to move, but thankfully it is only about 10 mins away.....so outside of the packing and moving part....it shouldn't be much of a deal. And we have a lot of stuff already packed and ready to move....so really that isn't a deal either. What has been most annoying is the waiting for things to close!! I am super eager, we will have a ton more room and for once I will get to decorate a nursery! Our close date is set for Sept 13...but we hope to close sooner than that!
Old 08-17-2014, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Aw, that is so exciting for the two of you to be moving into your own places! I am feeling a bit of pressure to make the move now, but if I am honest with myself, right now is not the time. A job that we thought was lined up fell through, we'll have to keep looking, and waiting. I hope everyone else enjoys their new homes!

User Tag List