1Likes
  • 1 Post By BlessedOne

#1 of 10 Old 08-31-2014, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Telling people you are in labour

So who do you tell yourselves?

I wouldn't tell anyone this time if I didn't have too. I will have to tell my mother as she will watch my DD. My husband also wants to tell his parents too. I think only because if my mom knows they should too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 08-31-2014, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I tell my husband and my midwife. No one else needs to know I am laboring. I'm too worried someone might show up trying to be "helpful" !
#3 of 10 Old 08-31-2014, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I forbid posting on FB, but our kids and parents will probably know. Our older kids will have to be called to watch our younger kids. Our parents will be called if it's a decent hour, but they all live far away and won't interfere, they'll just pray for a safe delivery.
#4 of 10 Old 09-01-2014, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
I'll end up telling my sister so she can watch my other kids. I really don't want to tell any of DHs family or our friends because like a PP mentioned, I fear they'll want to show up. My family lives 800 miles away so I guess I don't really care if they know.
#5 of 10 Old 09-01-2014, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
The showing up is my concern too. DH's parents showed up during transition last time and I was alone (except hospital staff) while he dealed with them. It sucked
#6 of 10 Old 09-01-2014, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My Dad will know because he is staying with my other two little ones....but other than that I'll tell everyone after we're home and have had some time to introduce the baby to his siblings... and DH and I have had some alone time to just stare at our new little bundle of love.....OHHH I can't wait!!!
#7 of 10 Old 09-01-2014, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I think everyone will know lol I can't imagine I'll be able to keep it to myself. And maybe I'm not being realistic, but I can't see people just showing up at the hospital. I suppose the "this is it!" call will be accompanied by "we'll let you know when you can come". However, I am a FTM, so I may be giving people too much credit.

Cass, DP Justin, and big woof sister Lola anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby boy Kellan, due 11/18

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35 ***40
#8 of 10 Old 09-02-2014, 03:32 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Because of my hubby's work schedule, depends on who will be with me during the day. So given he's working when labor starts, he will be "second" to know. After he knows and my OB obv knows, the "important" list gets a call and if they want to be in the waiting room, good for them. Hubby and his little sis are needed in the delivery room. Everyone else is just pretty much going to be waiting for the "moment" and to hear everything went well this time.
#9 of 10 Old 09-02-2014, 03:34 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I'm not worried about people showing up, so we will tell Hubby's mom just in case she needs to come get the kids. I suppose it depends what hour it starts and how things go. I do not have any family on my side to tell, so no worries there... My best friend who is due a month after me will be at my labor so she will know right away, my midwife, and husband of course. Oh and I will tell the kids hahaha. Everyone else will get the call after the baby is born. I love to have visitors come and see the brand new baby. We will be at home so it will be much nicer than having visitors at the hospital.

Breezy married to my sweetie pie David With two beautiful children that love each other very much and a bun in the oven due Nov. 5th, 2014

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

-Benjamin Franklin

#10 of 10 Old 09-03-2014, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
typically I will let close family know if I think it is the big day....I typically call them before things get "real". They know not to come over unless invited. With my mom, I know if I call her before then she will come over, and even though I love her so much and she is my best friend, I cant say I enjoy her being there. She is great to help clean up though....but during I don't prefer her there during. She has been known to be a worrier.
Usually Curious likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page