Mothering Forum banner

Birth Beads Roll Call

4K views 76 replies 14 participants last post by  mamabear7 
#1 ·
Hey Mamas, I am posting a new thread to freshen up our birth bead roster and to let anyone know that didn't before, we are doing this.

If you'd like to participate we will be making birth bead necklaces. We have until September 25th to figure out who will be participating.

How it works: Sign up, buy or make a bead for every mama that is participating, I will give my address and you will mail your beads along with a self addressed postage paid envelope to me, I will divide the beads between everyone's envelopes and mail them back to you, then you can make your necklace.

When buying or making your beads I encourage you to put love and strength into your beads to aid in the process of labor. It would also be neat to write down blessings or words of encouragement; perhaps I could make a word doc with all the encouragements and well wishes and print off a sheet for everyone. Who knows, we'll wing it! Should be tons of fun and a very special token to have in months and years to come. Have a beautiful day ladies!! :x

#7 ·
I'm thinking the deadline for mailing them in will be October 9th, that gives us two weeks to collect our beads. Does that sound like enough time for everyone?

#11 ·
Of course it's okay pitbullmom! We'd love to have you!

#15 ·
I'll post my PO Box tomorrow! So glad so many are participating!

Reactions: Momma2Merrell
#18 ·
I counted 13, perhaps we could send 14 just in case? Or if anyone else wants to count; it may have not been a good idea for me to start another thread on it because we have to count both of them. I'm pretty sure we've got 13 though! Alright, deadline for participating was last night so here is my mailing address...

PO Box 144
Bassett, WI 53101

Please send a postage paid self addressed envelope with your beads to my address and I will stuff them and mail them back! The deadline for getting the beads to me is October 10th. Does anyone feel like this is not enough time? I want to make sure all the mamas get their beads just in case anyone is early. I know we have a couple early November mamas signed up. Thanks to everyone for participating this will be such a special keepsake!

#20 ·
I'll be getting mine after my appt on the 2nd (convincing my husband to let me off the couch or bed has actually become impossible), and mailing them out directly afterwards.

#23 ·
yay! I am going to get my beads tomorrow and get them out at the beginning of the week! I've done the birth bead exchange here on mdc with each of my kids and just stumbled on the bag with all the beads and little words of encouragement yesterday. So wonderful :)

#26 ·
It looks like I can't get the beads until early next week. Hubby and I forgot to grab them when we grabbed the lettering for Maddy's room. If this is a problem, I can withdraw from the exchange. Sorry everyone!

#27 ·
not a problem at all badwolf! We can wait a few more days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.