June & July 2014 chat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-17-2014, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
June & July 2014 chat

Hi ladies! So happy to have gotten an email from MDC with the thread link, cause I couldn't find this thread anymore with all the changes! I've been on MDC since 2011 and no forum has moved around more than the DDCs, so Everyone just seems to migrate to FB after a while, lol!

Not much to report here...it's the last week of school for DD1, cue the summer craziness! DS is still growing like a weed...we tried a few solids in different forms but he gags when he actually swallows, so it's still too early...he likes to suck on foods, though, so I guess that kinda counts!

I am struggling with the thought that this may be our last child...We agreed to re-evaluate when DS is a few years old, so at least nothing permanent is happening! DH is pretty set that this is our last, though. I have moments of peace about it, but then lots of longing again. I envy those mamas who just keep having babies and let nature run its course. On the other hand, I am getting excited about having older kids and being able to do stuff without always having to think about fitting the baby in. So, I am getting rid of everything not absolutely necessary to having another one, but hanging on to things that are really good/rare or expensive ;p

I am still on track for getting fit...I run 2-3 times a week, and do bootcamp 2 times a week, will be adding gymnastics to that come August, and have entered a 5k race in September. All this work is definitely shaping up and strengthening my tummy and thighs! I am even shopping for a bikini!

Happy summer, everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 06-18-2014, 08:17 PM

Zeph turned six month this week. Her third tooth just popped through a teeny bit on top; the fourth is soon to come. She is an awful napper- taking one nap per day 45 mins-2 hours and that's IT. She is inconsistent with bedtime, 9:30 - 11:30. She might wake in the early morning or in the middle of the night. She is by far a worse sleeper now than ever before. :/ But she is so cute that we forgive her. She's crying now, lol.

Ok, back from getting her to nurse. She is rolling quite well in one direction, not as good the other way. Not sitting up. Tried banana (baby led weaning) yesterday and wasn't too impressed, lol.

We are still likely going to have Dh get a vasectomy as soon as our schedules allow us.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#3 of 6 Old 06-18-2014, 09:48 PM

Amelia is 6 months today! She has one tooth on the bottom so far. Just this past weekend she has started consistently rolling over, but mostly in one direction. Sleep is still hit or miss. She only takes 30 minute naps, and at night she'll sleep 30 minutes then wake up, nurse back to sleep for another 30-60 minutes, nurse again then she'll sleep anywhere from 3-6 hours before waking again. We're like half cosleeping at this point. She starts the night in her crib but at some point I bring her into bed with me, mainly because I don't want to stay awake long enough to nurse her back to sleep. I was planning to go with the BLW approach for solids and I've been letting her suck on some foods, but she's broken off chunks that end up coming out in her poop. Last night I pureed up some of our left over green beans and she loved them! So I guess we'll do some pureed veggies for now.

I'm definitely loving this stage! She's so talkative and interested in everything. It's so much fun to watch how much fun she has playing with her toys. She's always so smiley and happy.
#4 of 6 Old 07-06-2014, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Gabe turned 6 months this week and got 2 teeth as well! He scoots around a lot, but still doesn't sit up at all. I can't believe how time flies!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#5 of 6 Old 07-09-2014, 07:32 AM

Victor is rapidly closing on 8 months. He can army crawl/wriggle all over the place now, has 2 teeth, and can get in and out of sitting positions. He's realized that pulling up to stand is a thing, though he can't quite manage it yet. He's bright and curious and good natured. He is everything I ever hoped for out of a baby <3
#6 of 6 Old 07-18-2014, 09:54 PM

catch up soon!xx

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page