Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By verticalscope

#1 of 22 Old 06-09-2014, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Welcome to the February 2015 Due Date Club!

Please use this section to post as part of the February 2015 DDC!
Margaret27 likes this.
#2 of 22 Old 06-10-2014, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hurray! I am so glad we have a DDC now.
#3 of 22 Old 06-10-2014, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yay! I look forward to being a part of the DDC!

Mama B, wife to Daddy B, and Mama to BB1 (DS) and BB2 (DD) and BB3 (arriving February 2015!)

#4 of 22 Old 06-11-2014, 04:56 PM

Location: Driftless Region of Iowa, on a beautiful little farm.
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Oh Joy! I was wondering when we would become official!

Congrats to all of us!!
#5 of 22 Old 06-11-2014, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I've been checking everyday for a week for this
#6 of 22 Old 06-12-2014, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
When I am on MDC homepage and I click the Due Date Clubs tab, I still don't see a February 2015 DDC. I always have to search "February 2015" to find this. Is it just my computer? Does it show up for others?

Oh well. Happy to be here with you all!!
#7 of 22 Old 06-13-2014, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot-to-Dot View Post
When I am on MDC homepage and I click the Due Date Clubs tab, I still don't see a February 2015 DDC. I always have to search "February 2015" to find this. Is it just my computer? Does it show up for others?

Oh well. Happy to be here with you all!!
Hey Dot, I mentioned this to Cynthia and she is working on a button for our group! Hopefully it will make us more accessible and busy over here!

Jodie

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#8 of 22 Old 06-14-2014, 04:56 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Well, here we go!
My name is Emily, and I have two teenage sons, aged nearly 16 and 13.
After a miscarriage in March, we're pregnant again, with an eta of early february.

I'm trying to use this time as a time to practice patience through my anticipation.

Congratulations to all of us! I look forward to sharing this path with you!
#9 of 22 Old 06-14-2014, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello ladies! Congrats to my fellow Feb '15 mamas. Excited to go through this crazy ride with you all!
#10 of 22 Old 06-14-2014, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I'm hesitantly joining the group. I'm just over five weeks with my first, and I'm feeling anxious about everything. (Waiting for that first appointment sure is nerve wracking, isn't it? And I still have 13 days...)

I've told some of my close friends, but I'm waiting until I'm further along to tell everyone else, including my family. So I'm pretty excited to have this space to come and talk with you all!
#11 of 22 Old 06-15-2014, 05:50 AM

Congratulations to everyone!

I just found out that I am expecting our 3rd. I just announced today to my hubby as a Father's Day gift. He is so excited.

My dd is 8, and my ds is 10 months.

I am a little nervous about having 2 under 2. Anyone else on the same boat?

Sent from my iPhone t

Ou
Q
#12 of 22 Old 06-17-2014, 01:04 AM

Hi my name is latoya I'm expecting my first child after a lost in feb2014.I'm super excited.I'm 29 years old and I'm from baltimore,Maryland.
#13 of 22 Old 06-17-2014, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Cela- I had two under two and this time around I will have three under 4. I am not going to lie... It is very challenging and it wasn't til my son was closer to 2.5 that I felt like he was old enough to really be able to spend any time alone. (my second baby had reflux though so maybe my experience is a little skewed by that)

BUT- I grew up with 4 children in the house all 2 years apart and my sister are my very best friends. I thik that has a lot to do with the fact that we go through life together.

There wil be days when you feel like you are going to lose your mind then sometime around 6 months you will look back and realize that... wow... you survived!!!

Get mommy friends and see if you have a local MOPS organization!

Sarah- sahm to a little boy and girl with a third blessing due in Feb.
#14 of 22 Old 06-19-2014, 07:30 AM

Thank you Sarah. I know it will be challenging but I am looking forward to it. I really hope they become close frieds.

I have a question:
My 10 month old still wakes up every 2-3 hours to nurse. I am so exhausted. Did you nurse through your pregnancy? I am not sure if I should start night weaning him or just wait it out as I plan to tandem nurse. But I would love to get some quality sleep time before the new baby comes.

I have no idea what to do.

Sent from my iPhone t

Ou
Q
#15 of 22 Old 06-19-2014, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I did not nurse through pregnancy. It was too painful for me. I night weaned my 2nd around 10 months. It was really helpful. I had no interest in tandem nursing. My daughter wasn't fun to nurse so I only nursed her til 13 mo. I am glad I had that two months to myself not growing any people. Someone else may be able to give you better advice.

My sister tried to nurse through pregnancy and her son weaned himself around 12 wks
#16 of 22 Old 06-19-2014, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi Cela! My third babe is due on DD2's second birthday. I haven't weaned her yet, but I am starting to get annoyed with nursing, which I hear is a common symptom. She's 16 months, and I think I'm going to take weaning day by day. I get that there is a huge difference between 10 months and 16. If you're so inclined, weaning over a two month period will get your baby a full 12 months in, and let your body recover some. I have no idea how to swing tandem nursing. My energy demands from nursing are sky-high (I usually weigh about 10 pounds less when I'm nursing) and I think for my body it would be unwise.

I have no idea how having 2 so close in age will be. DD1 was 3 and I could trust her to be alone while I cared for her sister. It will be interesting, that's for sure!!!
#17 of 22 Old 06-20-2014, 08:28 AM

Yes the lack of energy is a killer. Nursing sessions were more fun.
I am not sure if my supply has lowered or ds is on a growth spurt but seems like he is getting frustrated on the breast.

At the same time I feel I should night wean him at 12 months, I also feel awful if that is going to involve crying. What if he is still hungry during the night? I am at a loss on what to do. I think I will wait it out for now. I will see in 5 more months if I can make it that far with no sleep 😞

Sent from my iPhone
#18 of 22 Old 06-21-2014, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cela View Post
Yes the lack of energy is a killer. Nursing sessions were more fun.
I am not sure if my supply has lowered or ds is on a growth spurt but seems like he is getting frustrated on the breast.

At the same time I feel I should night wean him at 12 months, I also feel awful if that is going to involve crying. What if he is still hungry during the night? I am at a loss on what to do. I think I will wait it out for now. I will see in 5 more months if I can make it that far with no sleep 😞

Sent from my iPhone
I am nursing my 16 month old. And I tandem nursed DD1 and DD2. This time around, I am being open to tandem nursing. So, we will see what happens. Night weaning was essential here with my first nursing through pregnancy experience. I usually don't feel comfortable with that until 12 months. Dr. Jay Gordon's method is really gentle, and I usually take it even more slow than he suggest for the very same concern you have... the crying. So, instead of spending three nights on each step, I usually stretch it out to a few weeks for each step. Find what makes you comfortable. But it has really helped over here.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#19 of 22 Old 06-21-2014, 06:52 AM

Thank you! I also like his method. I am going to wait a couple more months and I will start the process. I hope my husband is on board with the night waking!

One more question: Did you cosleep when you were pregnant and night weaning?

Sent from my iPhone
#20 of 22 Old 06-21-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cela View Post
Thank you! I also like his method. I am going to wait a couple more months and I will start the process. I hope my husband is on board with the night waking!

One more question: Did you cosleep when you were pregnant and night weaning?

Sent from my iPhone
Yes, I did. Though, after the night weaning was over, we did move DD1 to her own bed before #2 was born. We ended up moving her back into our room on a mattress after baby was born, though.

#21 of 22 Old 06-21-2014, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
@Cela my first was 14 months when I got pregnant again. We'd night weaned her at about 12 months, and then she kind of self-weaned by 16 months. Honestly, I was a little bit sad, but mostly relieved as her nursing was hurting my nipples and making me want to heave. I felt much more pleasant and patient towards her once she'd weaned.

Breastfeeding, cosleeping, homebirthing scientist mama to DD1 07/08, DD2 06/10 and a third on the way 02/15!

#22 of 22 Old 08-20-2014, 03:06 PM

Joining a little late, but I realized I forgot all about this forum and how helpful it was reading such great information!

My name is Ashley. I have a DS who is 11 and a DD who is 9. This little blessing was a surprise! We almost had Hubby's factory shut down this past February 14th, yes Vday on Vday. I didn't set that up. LOL It is so funny that now we are due 1 day after that date. We cancelled the appointment the day before because I was an emotional wreck not wanting to deal with the finality of it all. So, we decided to wait until I felt more comfy. Hubby was also excited not to do it as he always wanted more. I honestly was not sure that I wanted or could handle another pregnancy, despite always wanting more babies. My DD's pregnancy was pure hell, so so sick, so many issues. DS's wasn't near as bad, but not that enjoyable either. My favorite part was always after they came into the world. I am happy to report that this pregnancy has been the easiest thus far. I was feeling like death with my other two, sick as a dog day and night. This one has been a breeze! I am anxious about delivery. I was 22 & 25 when I had the other two, I am 34 now. DS, had the better pregnancy but a really rough L&D. I saw another thread about birth stories so I will post there sometime. DD was induced and actually a million times smoother than DS's. My mantra this pregnancy has been to be super positive, take things as they come and not to borrow worry. I do have a small subchorionic bleed with this one and am on some restrictions. I am hoping to get more information about that. I don't feel too worrisome about it though.

Can't wait to get to know the rest of you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page