How is everyone doing? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

Old 06-13-2014, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Welcome Margaret! And congrats! My oldest child's name is Margaret I love classic names!

Whew. I just have a general feeling of yuck. Nauseous, but not really feeling like it will amount to me running to the bathroom. I'm hungry, but I don't feel like eating. I'm tired too.
Seems early too early to feel like this... 5w,4d.

I have a question. Has anyone tandom nursed? I'm thinking of trying to nurse dd3 throughout this pregnancy. She is only nursing about 3 times day right now, but she isn't showing any signs of wanting to stop. How exactly does that work when you have a baby? Will I still produce colostrum? Will I still go through the initial engorgement? It would be awesome if I got to skip the soreness and engorgement I usually go through in the beginning! Also... is it hard to nurse with a big ol' belly in the way?

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2014, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Welcome, Margaret! Feel free to introduce yourself on the roster thread so I can put you on the official list!

cagnew, We LOVE classic names, too. We have a Lucy, Charlotte and Graham and are considering names like Mary, Violet, Theodore or Leo this time around! I have tandem nursed my #1 and 2. I am currently nursing baby #3 (he's 16 months) and plan on continuing. My experience with tandem was this: I DD1 nursed through my pregnancy and my milk pretty much dried up within a few months. She continued to nurse anyway. There was quite a bit of pain and I ended up limiting nursing to 5 minutes on each side per nursing session during my 3rd trimester. When baby was born, I did have colostrum. At first, I would let the little one eat and only then would I let the older nurse. Once my milk came in, (YES, I was ENGORGED!!!!!!!) it was soooo helpful to have #1 nurse away the pain! Getting a breast infection? Hey Toddler, come nurse. Let's be silly and nurse upside down. It was a pretty good experience overall and my older daughter remembers the ONE time I let them nurse at the same time. (I ended up not being able to tolerate nursing both at the exact same time due to the different sucking motions driving me insane!) That was my experience. I recommend the book Adventures in Tandem Nursing! Lots of good info there!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

Old 06-14-2014, 07:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! My name is Savanna. I'm new here as well - greetings, Margaret!!

Expecting #2 early Feb, still in a bit of shock but excited. Now just sifting through our new insurance (which is TERRIBLE!!).

Also dealing with how to tell 3 close friends/family who've been trying for years that I'm now due with #2 ... I know they'll be happy for me but it will also bring up their own sorrow. If anyone has advice about that, I'd love to hear it!!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post
I have found first trimester ultrasound dating to be spot on. I have known my exact conception dates for my last three children, and the early ultrasounds were all right.

And now... Hello! I'm so happy to be here I got my BFP at 3 weeks, 3 days dpo. At least, I think. There is a slight chance I am a week further along, but it's a very slight chance. This whole pregnancy has already been different for me. I didn't know I was ovulating until after I ovulated, and that is rare. I didn't have a real post partum period... just some very minor spotting at the end of April. I knew it was coming since my youngest is 13 months, but I guess I thought I'd get a good, solid period in before conceiving. Kind of makes me nervous... hope my hormones are all in line. I've had 2 losses in the past and I guess you never really forget that.

We are doing some renovations at home and it's time consuming (and exhausting...not the greatest time for first trimester fatigue!!!). I'm hoping to have some time later to re-read all the posts and reply though. I look forward to getting to know you all!
cagnew, your user name seems so familiar to me... Were you, by any chance on the loss boards on Mothering in 2011?? Do I seem familiar to you?

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

Old 06-17-2014, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi my name.is latoya I'm 29 years old.This is my rainbow baby after a lost in feb 2014.I'm 5wks on Sunday and um sure feb 15,2015.I haven't told anyone yet not even my dh because of the events that happen prior.I have had many symptoms yet other than a little fatigue, heartburn, camping.glad to hear everyone is progressing right along.I'm not sure when I was to set a appointment for my prenatal plan.I'm at taking nature.health prenatalvitamin with dha and stool softer along with eating healthier.

User Tag List