How is everyone doing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

#1 of 35 Old 06-10-2014, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
How is everyone doing?

I just want to introduce myself I just learned at 11 DPO (days post ovulation) that I will be expecting my 2nd child. My due date is 2-14-15. I have a son who will be 4 this summer. I have not told my mother or any family, just a few close friends. And of course my DH He is still in shock a bit. It was a happy surprise. I really want to wait until the 2nd trimester to make the news at all public. I will be starting a new job soon so I am a little worried about being sick just starting out. I had hyperemesis gravidum and severe acid reflux in the first trimester with my last pregnancy.

I am excited about the pregnancy and am not sure when to schedule my first prenatal appointment. So for now just trying to eat healthy, keep taking those prenatal vitamins, and exercising.

How are all of you doing? Please introduce yourself!
#2 of 35 Old 06-10-2014, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi! I've been stalking for a few days, waiting for this group to start!

I just got a BFP last Thursday. I had been obsessively testing and getting BFNs, but when I finally got smart and tested with FMU, that second line was quite obvious. I'm peeing every fourteen seconds, need a nap once a day, and am constantly hungry.

We had an eight-week loss a few months ago, so I'm proceeding with caution. I feel WAY more pg this time than I did then (I had no symptoms, other than AF's absence), so hopefully that is a good sign. I have adrenal fatigue that we think contributed to my loss, so I'm doing whatever I can to support my adrenals right now. I've been thankful this week for being so tired, because it's making me go to bed early than normal, which is crucial for healing my adrenals.

My round ligaments are already giving me some problems, which seems rather ridiculous at five weeks. I do have diastasis recti (which I'm also working on healing), and some issues with hypertonic muscles, so I'm sure that's why I'm experiencing spasms already. I'm hoping that focused effort on my diastasis and my other muscles will help with my round ligaments!

We haven't told our kids yet. I can't wait to tell them, because they will be SO excited! They are always talking about "the next baby," especially DS1. The other night at bedtime, he prayed for God to heal my adrenals so we can have another baby. That same night, DS2 said he hopes we have b/b/b/g quadruplets. LOL!

I don't know yet how long we will wait to go public. I'm not sure if the kids can go without saying anything, and I don't want to keep it from them much longer. My family will be very supportive and excited for us. Unfortunately, DH's family will not. We made the mistake of telling them at the same time that we told the kids, thinking that they would control their comments for the sake of the kids (it was DS1's birthday, and we gave everyone shirts that said Biggest Brother, Big Brother, Little [crossed out] Big Sister). MIL's response was, "You're pregnant AGAIN!?" FIL's mom said to my husband, "You'd better start doing something about this," to which I replied, "He obviously IS doing something about it," and BIL and SIL said nothing at all. No one congratulated us. After that, I said that I would let them find out on FB the next time, but I don't know if I will really go through with that. We are actually very close with DH's grandparents, so it hurts even more that they are so openly unsupportive of our family size.

Anyway, now I've written a novel!

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#3 of 35 Old 06-10-2014, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Rikki Jean, you're not the only one who's been impatiently waiting! I got my BFP on Friday 5/23, at a whopping 3w3d, and have been SO antsy to start chatting ever since!

I am totally having round ligament issues too--have to be smart about not getting up from sitting too quickly (which I do fairly frequently at work), and sneezing is A Problem. My husband totally makes fun of my ridiculous sneezing stance, but... Whatever, man, it helps!

Super impatient to tell my kids over here, too. We have a sonogram appointment directly before a big annual trip, so I figure that assuming we've seen the heartbeat, we will tell them at some point while we're hanging out at the cabin. Then... Yeah, it's not going to take long for the cat to come roaring out of the bag, so we'll follow up with a general announcement pretty quickly.

Really sorry about the family drama, Rikki Jean--it's so frustrating when folks can't accept the choices you've made for your own family's size. My own mother keeps hinting that we shouldn't stop here, but have the fourth that she always wishes she'd had! Husband's not too on board with that one, though, so I guess we will stick with three, ha.

I know I'm a bit further along than some, but if anybody wants to commiserate about morning sickness, I am your girl. It seems to be hitting me hard and early this time, sigh.
#4 of 35 Old 06-10-2014, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So glad this group is up and running! I found out on May 31, at 11 DPO, that we are expecting our third! We had tried for almost 6 months and I really thought we were out this cycle so was shocked when that little light pink line appeared Saturday morning!

I have been an emotional mess this time worrying about losing this precious baby. I'm not sure why, as I've had no real symptoms to suggest a loss, but I can't shake it. I am having some pain but hoping it is just a body that knows what to do and starting to stretch plus round ligament pain. I am also having back pain (middle back) that I didn't have the first two times, but I'm 36 and was about 10 lbs over pre-pregnancy weight so I am really hoping that is the cause. We are with an RE this time for the first 10 weeks due to some obstacles we faced, and I've had 3 blood draws so far and my HCG numbers look great. It's odd because, with my first we were with a midwife from the beginning so I never knew things like HCG numbers and just rolled along blissfully not thinking about the possibility of a loss. With my second, we started that way but my corpus luteum ruptured at about 5 weeks, so bleeding, cramping, and the need for progesterone support. I'm guessing that journey of a touch-n-go first trimester plus SCHs that took until about 20 weeks to resolve have lead to greater anxiety this time around.

I have had food aversions - but am hungry constantly, just nothing sounds good. And persistent, though not severe, nausea. With my first two, symptoms started around 6 weeks and with BB1, it was just terrible nausea that I could manage with drinking ICE cold water all day and not letting my blood sugar drop. With BB2, it was "lay on my back in bed and feel like death" from week 6 to about week 9 or 10, and then just reallllllly severe nausea until like 15 or 16 weeks. With my fear and anxiety this time, I am HOPING and praying for more severe nausea to kick in within the next week or so, since I'm 4 weeks 6 days today.

So trying to take it a day at a time, while reallllly ready for that first heartbeat!

We told my parents through FaceTime with shirts I made for my kids that said "Big Brother... Again" and "I'm the Big Sister." It went so well! We decided, for various reasons, to mail out letters in the kind of "Christmas letter update" style to the rest of our close friends and family - we sent those last Friday and most have arrived by today. We are waiting a bit for something more online/public. With my fear, I want at least one more blood draw and maybe even to wait for a heartbeat.

I am hoping to have that intense nausea to commiserate soon with you TeeThatsMe!

Mama B, wife to Daddy B, and Mama to BB1 (DS) and BB2 (DD) and BB3 (arriving February 2015!)

#5 of 35 Old 06-10-2014, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

I am ready for that first heartbeat too! I never worried about HcG levels or hormone levels with my last pregnancy. I was always afraid of a loss even though I have never experienced one. The potential for a loss is always in the back of my mind this time around too, so that heartbeat will be so reassuring. When would be the best time to get my first appointment to hopefully get the transvaginal ultrasound? I am thinking I will make an appointment for 5 or 6 weeks.

Last edited by dreamingtree; 06-10-2014 at 04:55 PM.
#6 of 35 Old 06-10-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingtree View Post
I am ready for that first heartbeat too! I never worried about HcG levels or hormone levels with my last pregnancy. I was always afraid of a loss even though I have never experienced one. The potential for a loss is always in the back of my mind this time around too, so that heartbeat will be so reassuring. When would be the best time to get my first appointment to hopefully get the transvaginal ultrasound? I am thinking I will make an appointment for 5 or 6 weeks.
You may want to consider waiting until week 7 to see the heartbeat--sometimes it's hard to detect earlier than that, and of course you want to spare yourself any needless worry!

Well, I'm definitely earning my first-trimester stripes today: commute home was unusually long, aaaaaaand I had to pull over to throw up on the side of the road. There is a first I would just as soon NOT share with any of you all.
colorblue22 likes this.
#7 of 35 Old 06-10-2014, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeThatsMe View Post
You may want to consider waiting until week 7 to see the heartbeat--sometimes it's hard to detect earlier than that, and of course you want to spare yourself any needless worry!

Well, I'm definitely earning my first-trimester stripes today: commute home was unusually long, aaaaaaand I had to pull over to throw up on the side of the road. There is a first I would just as soon NOT share with any of you all.
Thank you Tee! I will opt for an appointment around 7 weeks instead.

Sorry you are barfing, haha Oh, the first trimester and "morning" sickness. There's nothing quite like it.
#8 of 35 Old 06-10-2014, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Big sigh of relief! Finally, I have a place to land! I've been waiting for the group to start and it's killing me to not be able to talk about this to anyone! I haven't even told my DH because he's been out of town and I want to wrap up the positive test and give it to him for Father's Day.

This will be baby #3 for us. I *think* I am 4 weeks today. Not positive about dates but due between February 10th and 16th. My first two pregnancies came with hyperemesis gravidarum sooooo, I am a nervous wreck waiting for the puking to begin. Usually, these first few symptom free weeks are the only ones I enjoy. I'm just trying to stay calm, enjoy this time and bake/cook up a bunch of meals so my family won't starve if I get taken down with HG again. Despite the anxiety, I'm happy to be here!
#9 of 35 Old 06-10-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingtree View Post
I am excited about the pregnancy and am not sure when to schedule my first prenatal appointment.
dreamingtree, I second the advice to wait until 7-8 weeks if you want a Transvaginal u/s. We are due date buddies and I am sooo excited about that! I hope you are not as sick as you were last time! That sounds hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Jean View Post
Hi! I've been stalking for a few days, waiting for this group to start!

We had an eight-week loss a few months ago, so I'm proceeding with caution. I feel WAY more pg this time than I did then (I had no symptoms, other than AF's absence), so hopefully that is a good sign. I have adrenal fatigue that we think contributed to my loss, so I'm doing whatever I can to support my adrenals right now. I've been thankful this week for being so tired, because it's making me go to bed early than normal, which is crucial for healing my adrenals.
Rikki Jean, I am so so sorry for your loss. I had two losses a few years ago. I had progesterone and adrenal problems, too. Have you heard of the Standard Process supplement called Drenemin? It is an adrenal support supplement available through health care providers like chiropractors and some mw's. It really helped ease my symptoms and promoted healing. So sorry for the response of your husband's family. That is a bummer! I get so frustrated when grandparents are anything but overjoyed to hear about the blessing of new life! Your DS2 sounds so cute! I am rooting for quadruplets for you, too! PS. I have been stalking for this DDC to start, too! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeThatsMe View Post
Rikki Jean, you're not the only one who's been impatiently waiting! I got my BFP on Friday 5/23, at a whopping 3w3d, and have been SO antsy to start chatting ever since!

I am totally having round ligament issues too--have to be smart about not getting up from sitting too quickly (which I do fairly frequently at work), and sneezing is A Problem. My husband totally makes fun of my ridiculous sneezing stance, but... Whatever, man, it helps!

Super impatient to tell my kids over here, too. We have a sonogram appointment directly before a big annual trip, so I figure that assuming we've seen the heartbeat, we will tell them at some point while we're hanging out at the cabin. Then... Yeah, it's not going to take long for the cat to come roaring out of the bag, so we'll follow up with a general announcement pretty quickly.

Really sorry about the family drama, Rikki Jean--it's so frustrating when folks can't accept the choices you've made for your own family's size. My own mother keeps hinting that we shouldn't stop here, but have the fourth that she always wishes she'd had! Husband's not too on board with that one, though, so I guess we will stick with three, ha.

I know I'm a bit further along than some, but if anybody wants to commiserate about morning sickness, I am your girl. It seems to be hitting me hard and early this time, sigh.
Tee, I got my BFP at 3 weeks, 3 days, too! Such early starters we have. Must have implanted super crazy early! So high level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruffMama3 View Post
So glad this group is up and running! I found out on May 31, at 11 DPO, that we are expecting our third! We had tried for almost 6 months and I really thought we were out this cycle so was shocked when that little light pink line appeared Saturday morning! ...So trying to take it a day at a time, while reallllly ready for that first heartbeat!
BruffMama, It is so hard to live in fear! During my pregnancy with DS (that followed two m/c), I was constantly afraid. I bled every 3-4 weeks and it was just a terrible time. I hope you can find peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot-to-Dot View Post
Big sigh of relief! Finally, I have a place to land! I've been waiting for the group to start and it's killing me to not be able to talk about this to anyone! I haven't even told my DH because he's been out of town and I want to wrap up the positive test and give it to him for Father's Day.
Dot, What a cute way to surprise your hubby!!!!!! I just blurted it out to mine. Then I had a really great way to tell my mom all planned out. But, it required planning and waiting a couple of weeks to organize, so I blurted it out to her, too! lol. I hope that this time around, you are only sick enough to let you know you are pregnant and NO SICKER!

<---This is my feeling right now. JOY! I am so happy to finally have a due date club!!! As I mentioned, I have had two miscarriages, followed by a tumultuous pregnancy with DS. And somehow (only by the grace of God, I am sure), I am really living in Joy. I figure that stress and anxiety have no bearing on my future or the future of this babe, so it has no place in my life. One thing I regret about my pregnancy with DS is that I was such a basket case. This time, I am determined to live in peace... I'll let y'all know how that is going as time goes on!

My DH knows, my mom knows, our siblings and my children. Everyone was over joyed. Actually, I told anyone that I knew would pray for us and not be a complete jerk-face if we were to lose another baby. It is amazing what people have the guts to tell a grieving mother! (By now, I know who not to tell!)

Today is my first day of sick. I was waiting for it. In preparation for this day, I drank as much milk as I could (I love milk until I am pregnant and then not for 4-5 months!) and ate LOTS to make up for what I will be losing in the days to come. ha! Then today, I couldn't drink milk without gagging. But I thought to myself, "It is too soon for this. I am 4 weeks, 3 days. I have a few days to a week left. I will drink this milkshake after dinner and be fine." WRONG! Is it twisted and sick that it makes me happy to feel like this? lol.

I can't wait to get to know you all better!!!!! Happy baby growing!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#10 of 35 Old 06-10-2014, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
jodieanneanton, thank you! I've taken Drenamin on and off, but I'm soy-free, so I don't like to take it (this is a big beef I have with a lot of SP supps!). I started progesterone yesterday, and am making sure to get my D3, cal/mag, fermented cod liver oil/butter oil, zinc, and vit c every day. I was doing licorice root regularly before, but I need to make sure it is safe for pg. I'm already doing RRL tea daily (with some other herbs), which my mw says should be helpful for my adrenals (as well as my uterus). I'm hoping to get into a naturopath soon, to get some really directed healing going on. I'm over doing this on my own! My chiro got me tested, but he isn't very familiar with adrenal fatigue, or the level of nutritional support that I think is necessary.

I know what you mean about the insensitive things people say after a loss! We learned that the hard way. When I got my very first BFP, I was over the moon. If your number was in my phone, you knew I was pg. Two weeks later, I miscarried. Un-telling people was so hard. I had some people say really awful things. My stepmom and my BFF had both been through miscarriages, so they were really supportive, and that was nice.

Anyway, now we just don't say much until the second trimester. We do tell some close friends and family, but only the people who it won't be painful to tell if we lose the baby.

Ironically, I announced on FB a month or two ago that I am NOT pg. People kept asking! I have diastasis recti, so I look pg. A lady at church has asked multiple times (while patting my middle). People expect me to have been pg by now anyway, as all of my kids are a 25-27m apart, so I guess they assumed I must be, since I look it. I'm shocking everyone with my 33 month gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jodieanneanton likes this.

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#11 of 35 Old 06-10-2014, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have been anxiously awaiting the start of this group too! We're expecting our 4th, and already told the kids because my husband has been working out of state for the past 3 months, and I knew I was really going to need extra help and understanding from the kiddos. We've told my side of the family (mostly because they are my support system while DH is gone), and a couple close friends. I am nervous about not carrying to term as I have not yet lost a baby, and can't help feeling like I can't expect to continue to be so blessed KWIM? But I also tend to keep things in and not ask for help (case in point, the whole last 3 months on my own!) and I feel like if I lose this baby, I need to have told people so that I am forced to have help in grieving rather than suffer quietly. Anyway, we are putting off telling inlaws as they are not supportive of children in general. My MIL took weeks coming up with a "name" for herself since she couldn't come to terms with being a grandmother and was mortified that someone might hear a child say "grandma" out in public (she's 65). After each birth she says to me "don't worry, you NEVER have to go thru it again!" Which is even weirder in the moment than it sounds cuz I've only ever had amazing births. FIL lectured us at length when we announced DS3: overpopulation, money, so much responsibility. He has 4 kids, but he likes to point out that it was with 2 diff wives, so it's not as much of an impact environmentally (he's a banker, and the guff about the environment is all leftover from his youth - his life in no way reflects those earlier ethics). You'd think we ask them for money or babysitting or something. Fact of the matter is that the number of kids we have makes no impact on FIL, StepMIL, MIL, ex-stepFIL and current girlfriend. They don't help out at all (MIL babysat for 2 hours once in 9 years, and couldn't manage to change a poopy diaper), don't help financially, and often forget birthdays. Still, it makes me so mad when they act like we should be upset by a pregnancy. Course, my kids may let the cat out of the bag before we're ready. I'm just hoping for some good/exciting news about my hubby's company to offset the new baby news for them.
On the food front, I'm just having SUCH issues feeding myself. I did really good the first week as I was freaking out about my pre-conception diet (survival mode - not healthy mode), but now that I'm so crazy tired, I can barely remember to take my vitamins, much less my crazy'long list off supplements, superfoods, and ferments! Thankfully I have fresh goats milk and eggs daily - but even those I forget to consume in the quantity that would be ideal. Ugh.
#12 of 35 Old 06-11-2014, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

I saw this blog post on Facebook recently and I thought it really addressed society's negative perception of larger families. It has religious undertones but even if you are not religious I think what she is saying is still relevant. I wholeheartedly agree with her, all children are a blessing I am sorry to those of you who have family that is not supportive of your pregnancies and family size. I know my in laws will not be supportive at all, so we are just going to let them find out through the grapevine when we do eventually decide to start telling people.

http://sylcell.wordpress.com/2014/05...th-her-fourth/
#13 of 35 Old 06-11-2014, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone!

I am so excited to have this due date club open and have a community of people to talk to. This is my third pregnancy (I have a 2 1/2 yo DS and I had a loss at eleven weeks in January). I had been charting so I know exactly when I ovulated and excitedly got my first faint positive at 10 DPO. I am due Feb 4 (four days before my birthday!).

My son has been especially testing of boundaries lately and I have that first trimester fatigue so it's been difficult to muster the patience needed when all I want to do is curl up and sleep.

Those of you who have unsypathetic family and friends who have snide things to say have my sympathies. That is so frustrating when people who your family size doesn't affect think they are entitled to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. I only had one comment like that when we announced our second pregnancy (that we'd been trying for for over ten months) and one "family friend" told us pointedly, "You know how that happens, right?" It made me soooo mad that he'd say that.

I am amazed that my morning sickness has kicked in already. For my son I didn't have a whole lot, just a few odd aversions (like celery) and some minor MS. For the pregnancy I lost I didn't really have any MS at all except for when DH burnt a cinnamon raisin bagel. It's amazing how reassuring feeling pukey can be. It's also a bit frustrating because I had actually been eating really healthily and now I have this pervasive nausea whenever I think about any food other than toast and sometimes eggs. :-p

Anyway, I'll leave off my novel now and say that I am excited to go on this journey with you all!
#14 of 35 Old 06-11-2014, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been stalking the due date clubs waiting for this one to pop up. We all need a tribe!

I found out last Thursday at 12 dpo; we'd been trying since late January. I have a sixteen month old babe who is still nursing. It'll be very interesting to see how that goes through the pregnancy.

Over all so far, I'm feeling pretty good. Damn tired, but waking a lot at night, both of which are very unlike me. This morning I've got some sciatica, which is ridiculous. Random, mild aversions and nausea - but no puking, yet.

Overall, I'm just anxious and obsessed. I peed on so many things after getting my BFP, and now that that line has gotten nice and dark, I'm not feeling the relief I was hoping for. We've been lucky that my DD was my first and only pregnancy so far, but she was a first-try baby. Honestly, six months isn't bad for this babe either, but it felt like forever - and took progesterone supplementation, which I'm still on, which bring their own set of issues. I just don't like not being in control!

We're seeing a midwife at the birth center where I work, but not until around 10 weeks. I'm hoping to find a good backup OB that will put up with me spazzing out and requesting a u/s earlier than that.

Crunchy mama to D, 1/29/13, working part time at a freestanding birth center

#15 of 35 Old 06-11-2014, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
We sure are an anxious bunch! I have peed on so many sticks and I am still freaking out! My first BFP was last Thursday at 12dpo and the lines have gotten as dark as they can.
I have never had this much anxiety in early pregnancy. I had a lot of bleeding issues and some mismanagement during my last pregnancy that led to is thinking we had an unviable for about 5 weeks, but everything was ultimately fine so I really have no reason to freak.
I am on progesterone because of the bleeding last time and I have been on thyroid meds for 3 years. I also have a good sized fibroid that grows fast in early pregnancy so I already look huge and can't button my pants. Making it super hard to hide, especially since I work with pregnant ladies...
I have had some mild nausea and headaches with a crazy pimply face this week. Being on progesterone is just making me worry because I don't know what's real.
#16 of 35 Old 06-11-2014, 05:25 PM

Location: Driftless Region of Iowa, on a beautiful little farm.
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Wow, ladies, I am joining a very strong and positive group of women here!

Like most of you, I'm happy as can be, but already over this "morning sickness", I never once felt it with DS.
I'm constantly hungry and thirty, constantly want to throw up, I need a nap every afternoon, and I'm peeing like crazy. I had to tell the ladies in my office, they thought I was developing an eating disorder: eating at my desk all day and peeing every hour.

DH is recovering from testicular cancer, and we thought after my IUD came out it would be a small chance at best that we would naturally conceive. Welp. It only took a few days

I can't wait to meet this little thing. I've missed being pregnant, nursing, and having a baby or small child around.

I am terrified though, because I live in a very Catholic community that heavily frowns on women taking charge of their own bodies and life experiences. I don't want to go with the hospital midwife, but I am scared of being at home, too. Add that to the fact that DH is so excited he told everyone right at 4 weeks, and he has very particular ideas about where I should home birth and who should be there…we have some 'splaining to do about whose birth this is.

So here's to morning sickness, midwifes, and BEING PREGNANT!!! Cheers to my DDC!!
#17 of 35 Old 06-11-2014, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

I think we have a great bunch of ladies here

When did the morning sickness start for all of you? I can't remember when it started in my last pregnancy. I think 5 or 6 weeks along. So far no pukey feelings for me (Due Feb 14, so 4wk 4 days along I think).
#18 of 35 Old 06-11-2014, 07:40 PM

Starts at 5-6 weeks for me. I'm so nervous. Have you all heard of the bean cure and magnesium deficiency being "the real reason for morning sickness"?
#19 of 35 Old 06-11-2014, 07:46 PM

Wondering if you all would give me your opinion. I don't know my due date. I was using ovulation test strips and I got my first positive on the day after my period. (crazy early!) So we had sex. I continued to get faint positives for the next two weeks. We had sex every other day. After two weeks, the ovulation strips finally went blank and I got no more positives.

I want to calculate the due date by my ovulation but with 2 weeks of positive ov tests...how do I calculate?!! Do doctors do dating ultrasounds when you are unsure like this or do you think they'll just go by my LMP? My babies have been a week overdue and I'd hate to miscalculate and *think* that I am more than a week overdue when I'm not you know? Plus...I just WANT a date to be excited about! I know that's silly since most women don't give birth on their due dates, but I still want a date.
#20 of 35 Old 06-11-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
how do I calculate?!! Do doctors do dating ultrasounds when you are unsure like this or do you think they'll just go by my LMP? My babies have been a week overdue and I'd hate to miscalculate and *think* that I am more than a week overdue when I'm not you know? Plus...I just WANT a date to be excited about! I know that's silly since most women don't give birth on their due dates, but I still want a date.
Dot, What are your cycles normally like? How long is it usually between your period and ovulation? When did you get your positive pregnancy test? (If you tested a few times and got negatives and then a positive, that would tell you a lot.) I tend to think it would be when you got your last positive OPK that you ovulated... But, I would like to know the answers to the above question so that my answer is more educated than pure guesswork.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#21 of 35 Old 06-11-2014, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi everyone, I just got my BFP two days ago. That was with 4 pee and 1 blood test. I was already a week late at that point. I am never late. I always got BFP super early with my boys, so I am hoping girl this time. I am going to wait to be surprised though. No morning sickness yet, thank goodness. I get it bad. I started the magnesium today just in case though. I have had sore breasts all week though.
This was totally a fluke thing and I am keeping it hush hush for now.
#22 of 35 Old 06-12-2014, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Wondering if you all would give me your opinion. I don't know my due date. I was using ovulation test strips and I got my first positive on the day after my period. (crazy early!) So we had sex. I continued to get faint positives for the next two weeks. We had sex every other day. After two weeks, the ovulation strips finally went blank and I got no more positives.

I want to calculate the due date by my ovulation but with 2 weeks of positive ov tests...how do I calculate?!! Do doctors do dating ultrasounds when you are unsure like this or do you think they'll just go by my LMP? My babies have been a week overdue and I'd hate to miscalculate and *think* that I am more than a week overdue when I'm not you know? Plus...I just WANT a date to be excited about! I know that's silly since most women don't give birth on their due dates, but I still want a date.
Dot, what type of ovulation test strips were you using? The kind I have used are only positive if the second line is as dark or darker than the control line. If the test line is lighter than the control, even a little, then it is a negative. If you got a true positive OPK the day after your period, it is possible that you were getting some bleeding related to your ovulation and not a true period. Or, it is possible that you just ovulated super early, especially if you tend to have a long period. Have you ever read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"? It is awesome! It sheds so much light on your cycle and how it works.

We'll get you figured out and a better idea of when you conceived If not, an early ultrasound is pretty accurate for dating a pregnancy.
#23 of 35 Old 06-12-2014, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Do doctors do dating ultrasounds when you are unsure like this or do you think they'll just go by my LMP? My babies have been a week overdue and I'd hate to miscalculate and *think* that I am more than a week overdue when I'm not you know? Plus...I just WANT a date to be excited about! I know that's silly since most women don't give birth on their due dates, but I still want a date.
I have found first trimester ultrasound dating to be spot on. I have known my exact conception dates for my last three children, and the early ultrasounds were all right.

And now... Hello! I'm so happy to be here I got my BFP at 3 weeks, 3 days dpo. At least, I think. There is a slight chance I am a week further along, but it's a very slight chance. This whole pregnancy has already been different for me. I didn't know I was ovulating until after I ovulated, and that is rare. I didn't have a real post partum period... just some very minor spotting at the end of April. I knew it was coming since my youngest is 13 months, but I guess I thought I'd get a good, solid period in before conceiving. Kind of makes me nervous... hope my hormones are all in line. I've had 2 losses in the past and I guess you never really forget that.

We are doing some renovations at home and it's time consuming (and exhausting...not the greatest time for first trimester fatigue!!!). I'm hoping to have some time later to re-read all the posts and reply though. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#24 of 35 Old 06-12-2014, 03:29 PM

To answer some above questions:
My cycles are very, very regular. This last one was the same. My ovulations strip instructions also say that a faint line is not a positive but I have used this brand to conceive three times and I've never, ever had a dark (positive) ovulation line. Never once and I test every single day at the same time when TTC. So I KNOW I had a positive ovulation day in there somewhere, otherwise I wouldn't have these kids!

I wasn't keeping track enough to know how long it usually is between my period and my ovulation, but, my bodily signs over the last year or so give me the impression it is always about 2 weeks as it should be. My CM went through all of the normal phases each month. Wasn't taking BBT and I don't normally do ov strips unless trying to conceive. (Have only had to use them one cycle each time I've gotten pregnant so I don't have several month's worth to track.)

Haven't read Taking Charge of Your Fertility but have heard nothing but rave reviews. I don't know how people read books when they have little kids! :P If it's on audio book I may look into it...although once I figure out my due date I am not so interested in fertility anymore. This is DEFINITELY our last! But maybe it would still offer a lot of useful insight about my cycle regardless. Thanks for your help ladies! I will see what the doc says about a dating ultrasound when I see him on Monday for my kids' checkups.
#25 of 35 Old 06-12-2014, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
To answer some above questions:
My cycles are very, very regular. This last one was the same. My ovulations strip instructions also say that a faint line is not a positive but I have used this brand to conceive three times and I've never, ever had a dark (positive) ovulation line. Never once and I test every single day at the same time when TTC. So I KNOW I had a positive ovulation day in there somewhere, otherwise I wouldn't have these kids!

I wasn't keeping track enough to know how long it usually is between my period and my ovulation, but, my bodily signs over the last year or so give me the impression it is always about 2 weeks as it should be. My CM went through all of the normal phases each month. Wasn't taking BBT and I don't normally do ov strips unless trying to conceive. (Have only had to use them one cycle each time I've gotten pregnant so I don't have several month's worth to track.)

Haven't read Taking Charge of Your Fertility but have heard nothing but rave reviews. I don't know how people read books when they have little kids! :P If it's on audio book I may look into it...although once I figure out my due date I am not so interested in fertility anymore. This is DEFINITELY our last! But maybe it would still offer a lot of useful insight about my cycle regardless. Thanks for your help ladies! I will see what the doc says about a dating ultrasound when I see him on Monday for my kids' checkups.
Hmmm... that is tricky to figure out then because it is very hard to pinpoint an ovulation day. When did you get your positive pregnancy test? And did you have any negatives prior to that?

Either way, congrats! And I hope you can get some more specific answers via ultrasound
#26 of 35 Old 06-12-2014, 05:19 PM

I got the positive on cycle day 21. VERY faint and not visible in a photograph. But darkened with each day. Is that early for a positive or normal?

Definitely had negatives...but, um, I was kind of a peeing fool and knowingly tested too early a few times.
#27 of 35 Old 06-12-2014, 05:44 PM

No constructive feedback on conception dates here, but "kind of a peeing fool" is making me laugh and laugh, so thank you for that.

dreamingtree, it feels like my morning sickness has kicked in WAY early--at about 5w2d. It started for me around weeks 7 and 8 in my previous pregnancies, so at 5w has me going, wow, really? I like the tangible "proof", as it were, while I am sitting around waiting to see that heartbeat on an early ultrasound (one week from today!!!), but having it start so early does get me a little worried that perhaps it's only going to intensify over a longer period. Hmm.

#28 of 35 Old 06-13-2014, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I got the positive on cycle day 21. VERY faint and not visible in a photograph. But darkened with each day. Is that early for a positive or normal?

Definitely had negatives...but, um, I was kind of a peeing fool and knowingly tested too early a few times.
I have heard of getting faint positives as early as 8DPO, not sure about 7DPO but probably possible. So you probably did ovulate around day 12-13 of your cycle. Especially since you say you are very regular with your cycle
#29 of 35 Old 06-13-2014, 11:29 AM

That makes sense.
#30 of 35 Old 06-13-2014, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello. I am brand new to this forum. My name is Margaret. I live in Rainier WA, near Olympia. This is my first pregnancy. I found out May 29th. We just started trying in may. I was shocked/excited it happened so quickly. I am now about 6 weeks or so. I feel great. I am really excited. I have told some family and a few friends, but waiting to go public until later. A little fear of the just incase. Visualizing this will be a perfect healthy radiant loving journey.
Thank you.
Margaret

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page