~*~*~February 2015 Due Date Club Roster~*~*~ - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 119Likes

Old 07-18-2014, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Name: Stella
Due Date: March 2nd (last baby came a week early so I expect to not go over my edd)
What number child this is for you: 3rd
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): Hubby- Nate, son- Toby 9 1/2, son- Cedar almost 6 Lots of chickens, ducks, dogs, cats
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): Hoping for a girl, feeling a boy vibe though, but we like waiting till the birth to know.
Birth plans/preferences: Hoping for another home waterbirth

Hi everyone! Looking forward to getting to know each of you! I am feeling excited and optimistic about this pregnancy (just lost one in March)

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Welcome, everyone!!! I will update this thread today!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

Old 07-19-2014, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
mama2toby... i'm 35 next week! and am having my 3rd, after having lost one in March, too. And Humboldt County is one of my dream locations to live... the redwoods, the ocean, the mentality of the folks... lucky lucky you!

Old 07-19-2014, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyday8598 View Post
mama2toby... i'm 35 next week! and am having my 3rd, after having lost one in March, too. And Humboldt County is one of my dream locations to live... the redwoods, the ocean, the mentality of the folks... lucky lucky you!
That's cool! What's your b-day? Mine is the 24th. Yep, it's a pretty special place to live, we feel very lucky!

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

Old 07-21-2014, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Name: Vera
Age: 37 (surprisingly, my backup OB didn't mention me being "AMA")
Due Date(Actual date, "beginning," "middle," or "end" of February if you prefer): Feb 22, though my two fullish term kids were 36w6d, so I expect beginning of Feb.
How long it took you to get your BFP: Tested first day of missed AF
What number child this is for you: #4
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): I have a wonderful DH, 3 boys ages 10, 7, and 5. I have two GSDs, two cats, 2 horses, and 9 goats.
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): We're hoping for a girl, but so far my body hasn't made girls.
Birth plans/preferences: Since assisted homebirth is illegal in Alabama, I will drive across the TN state line about 15 minutes away and birth with my wonderful midwives from AL. I've used them for all 3 previous pregnancies, though first birth ended up in the hospital due to PPROM at 29 weeks. Last two pregnancies didn't have that issue, and while they came on the early side, they were both in the 7.5 lb range. I just flash cook my kids.

This pregnancy is a complete surprise. We were "done" but hadn't done anything permanent yet. I gave away most of the baby stuff and sold much of my diaper making supplies. I did keep my really comfy pair of maternity capris, though since I lost 35lbs before pregnancy, they are nowhere near fitting! I also kept my Oh Snap SSC. I'll need to get a ring sling and get some cloth diapers (just going with prefolds and Assunta covers this time).

I'm excited and terrified at the same time. I love squishy newborns, but I've gotten spoiled having all school age kids recently who are mostly self-sufficient. So it's definitely going back to a previous season of life. It will be good though. Babies are such a blessing!
Old 07-21-2014, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Welcome Vera! I'm in AL too I've never birthed with the midwives, but I've done some pre-natals with them and hired one to be a doula for my first VBAC. They are awesome! Congrats on your little surprise!

I'm so glad we are still adding new members!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
Old 07-21-2014, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Name: Nora

Due Date: February 17 based on LMP, but I conceived this one two cycles after a loss... so not exactly sure

How long it took: Started "trying" (no major charting or anything) in November. Conceived in January, miscarried in March (at 7 weeks). Was a bit hesitant to try again, but conceived again (to our surprise) in May

What number child this is for you: #1 (2 previous losses- one in March as mentioned, and one in 2010 at 10 weeks)

Family: Husband (we are newlyweds - got married in November) and my sweet pup Rita (11 years old!)

Baby's gender: Guessing girl, but that could secretly be a hope

Birth plans/preferences: Prefer home birth, but also feel like it's way too early to even be thinking about it. Just hoping for a thriving pregnancy at this point, and feeling cautiously optimistic (with a twinge of confidence that all is very well but I don't want to jinx it)

Anything else you would like to share: I am so encouraged to see so many 35+ moms, including some first timers, and some who have also dealt with previous losses here. I waited a long time to have a baby of my own (waiting for my soul mate = worth every minute). I was born at home in New Mexico in 1975 and was delivered by a Partera (traditional midwife), technically attended my first birth when I was 7, but was in my twenties, studying art in college, when I "fell into" becoming a birth and postpartum doula (long story) which I practiced for many years. I also did pregnancy massage and taught infant massage to parents, assisted a home birth midwife for a while and later made my living mostly helping parents of twins (at night) postpartum. Having done some work in prisons early on, and wanting to do more in the realm of public service, a couple of years ago I decided to get my MSW. I now work on a public health project providing therapy for maternal depression for moms involved in home visiting programs. I am looking to find ways of doing my work without carrying too heavy a load (emotionally) as I grow this little one - so far so good on this goal, but mindful that it could be challenging. Have always thought that after I give birth myself, I'd consider becoming a midwife... we'll see. Look forward to getting to know you all!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi My name is Jennifer, I'm 39 and a first time mother.
I recently got married in May, our plan was to start trying to get pregnant right away (prepped since the beginning of the year, but didn't start trying until the wedding night)
Needless to say we conceived on the honeymoon!
I'm due 2/12/2015
I'm in Santa Cruz, Ca and doing a lot of research on natural birth in a hospital with a midwife and Doula

Old 07-24-2014, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Welcome Vera, Nora and Jennifer!!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
Old 07-28-2014, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm leaving you all for the January 2015 club! Baby was measuring waaay big today and ultrasound revealed I'm 3.5 weeks further along than I thought. New due date is Janurary 23. I guess that little period I thought I had on May 1 was actually implantation bleeding? Baby looked great and had heartbeat in 150's
Old 07-30-2014, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Name: Jennifer
Due Date(Actual date, "beginning," "middle," or "end" of February if you prefer): Feb 12
What number child this is for you: This will be child #5 !
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): I have 4 other children (DS 11yo, DS 9yo, DS 3yo, DD 1.5yo). DH is bio to the two youngest and this one too.
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): We would like another girl so the two youngest can be sisters close in age, but of course we would be more than happy with a boy too
Birth plans/preferences: Unfortunately this will be a repeat C-section
Old 07-31-2014, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Updated to here... WHEW! Sorry it took so long!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

Old 08-02-2014, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Jodie, you can go ahead and move me off the due date list. I had my 12 week appointment and baby had no heartbeat. Although I had already had two ultrasounds showing baby was on target with a strong hb, I had a feeling something was off when my symptoms declined some. I feel badly that I did not get as involved in this DDC, but after being involved in previous DDCs and losing those pregnancies I guess I was a bit shy to jump in again. I know from reading along that this DDC is full of fantastic mamas and mamas-to-be. I wish everyone here so much happiness and healthy, successful pregnancies. Good luck to all. Best wishes, Jen

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
Old 08-02-2014, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Oh, Jen, I am so, so sorry. I will be praying for you and your family. Please take good care of yourself.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
Jodie, you can go ahead and move me off the due date list. I had my 12 week appointment and baby had no heartbeat. Although I had already had two ultrasounds showing baby was on target with a strong hb, I had a feeling something was off when my symptoms declined some. I feel badly that I did not get as involved in this DDC, but after being involved in previous DDCs and losing those pregnancies I guess I was a bit shy to jump in again. I know from reading along that this DDC is full of fantastic mamas and mamas-to-be. I wish everyone here so much happiness and healthy, successful pregnancies. Good luck to all. Best wishes, Jen
Oh no! I am sorry to hear about your loss.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

((hugs)), @jenjy . I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Thank you - I appreciate your support and prayers

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
Old 08-05-2014, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post
Jen, I am so very sorry for your loss! Keeping your heart in my prayers.

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
Old 08-06-2014, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
@jenjy I'm so sad to see this. I've been silently rooting for you all this time and my heart breaks for you. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Hi all! I've been reading here for a few weeks and decided to finally join the conversation. I'm in my 12th week now.

Name: Sarah

Due Date: February 20

How long it took you to get your BFP: 3rd cycle of trying, but was totally surprised as my husband was out of the country the week I ovulated. I think what happened was that I ovulated a couple days early, and there were some lingering swimmers from the day he left.

What number child this is for you: 1st (2nd pregnancy, miscarried once last year)

Family: Husband (married almost 4 years) and 1 cat

Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): I would prefer not to find out, but my husband wants to know. We are both thinking it's a girl, but don't have a preference either way.

Birth plans/preferences: hospital birth with a midwife, planning for med-free.

Anything else you would like to share: We had an early ultrasound and saw a blob with a fluttering heart around 6.5 weeks (it had been planned as follow-up from a surgery). I had some spotting a few weeks ago and got nervous since my miscarriage last year was at 11 weeks, but never saw a heartbeat or even had hcg tested to make sure things were progressing with that pregnancy. My first midwife appointment was at the end of July, and I got to see another quick ultrasound of my baby moving all around with a strong heartbeat. I definitely feel more positive this time around (never felt pregnant with the miscarriage) and have had a few symptoms, but nothing too awful!
Old 08-10-2014, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Welcome to the group! : )
Old 08-10-2014, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Welcome!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Sarah! My son's bday is February 20! AND My sister lives in Detroit, so I am up there a few times a year. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Old 08-19-2014, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Guess what!!! Some people are already finding out what the sex of their baby is! Wow! I will make a note of it in our roster if you post gender announcements here. If you are on Team Green, let me know that, too!

Old 08-20-2014, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieanneanton View Post
Guess what!!! Some people are already finding out what the sex of their baby is! Wow! I will make a note of it in our roster if you post gender announcements here. If you are on Team Green, let me know that, too!
I am team green.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
What is team green??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2014, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
@tracyamber Team green is not finding out the sex

We're team green!

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
Old 08-22-2014, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 209 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Okay, I can't be green but that is cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2014, 03:28 AM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Name: Jayde
Due Date: "Officially", mid Feb, but it's actually likely to be late Jan. I won't be allowed to go much past 37 weeks.
How long it took you to get your BFP: We've been trying for 5 years.
What number child this is for you: #1 hopefully. This is my eighth pregnancy, with seven miscarriages.
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): My husband and our two incredibly spoiled dogs.
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): Honestly, healthy boy OR girl is fine. DH would love a boy.
Birth plans/preferences: Scheduled c section due to a uterine abnormality. Whatever results in a healthy, living baby.
Anything else you would like to share: Terrified to be joining a DDC. This is my longest and most promising pregnancy so far, but it still feels so foreign to think it might actually be successful.

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
Old 08-23-2014, 04:42 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Milk8shake, I'm rooting for you and your babe! Welcome to the DDC.

User Tag List