Mothering Forum banner

~*~*~February 2015 Due Date Club Roster~*~*~

16K views 179 replies 67 participants last post by  Valerie11 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the February 2015 Due Date Club, Ladies! :grin:

Please post a comment below to introduce yourself! I will update the header with everyone's name so that it is something we can refer back to whenever we want to. We can even update with sex of baby for those who find out.

Some ideas of what to include in your intro:

Name:

Due Date(Actual date, "beginning," "middle," or "end" of February if you prefer):

How long it took you to get your BFP:

What number child this is for you:

Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.):

Baby's gender (hopes/guesses):

Birth plans/preferences:

Blog/website/etc:

Anything else you would like to share:

:jumpers:jumpers:jumpers:jumpers:jumpers

Late January/Early February

TeeThatsMe is expecting baby #3 It's a GIRL!

aetg is expecting baby #2

happyday8598 is expecting baby #3

writermama12 is expecting baby #4 It's a GIRL!

February 1

momma2finn is expecting baby #2

February 2

DuchessTergie is expecting baby #3 It's a BOY!

February 3

February 4

gzornblat is expecting :Rainbowbaby #2

heatbrown is expecting baby #4 It's a GIRL!

cagnew is expecting :Rainbowbaby #5

clarasaurus is expecting baby #1 It's a GIRL!

February 5

colorblue22 is expecting baby #2

sarahknavy is expecting baby #3 It's a BOY!

cowchick530 is expecting baby #2 It's a GIRL!

February 6

February 7

Mommyofton is expecting baby #4

February 8

February 9

RikkiJean is expecting baby #5

February 10

Christelle is expecting baby #1

ajoye is expecting baby #1

February 11

BruffMama3 is expecting baby #3

tracyamber is expecting :Rainbowbaby #2 It's a BOY!

February 12

Jennifer Greer is expecting baby #1

montanamomof3 is expecting baby #5

February 13

dentonmidwife is expecting baby #4 Team Green!

February 14

jodieanneanton is expecting :Rainbowbaby #4 Team Green!

potpie is expecting #2

countrygirl128 is expecting #3

chiromommy is expecting :Rainbowbaby #4

wendybird is expecting :Rainbow baby #9

Valerie11 is expecting baby #4 it's a BOY!

Mady Lynne is expecting baby #1

Mid February

Jenn Swank Shuffle is expecting baby #3

Dot-to-Dot is expecting baby #3

avp.rsmith is expecting baby #3

milk8shake is expecting :Rainbow baby #1

February 15

iixivboots is expecting babies #2 and #3 They're BOYS!

ltaylor3811 is expecting :Rainbow baby #1

Kristen Nelson Roenfeldt is expecting baby #3

sarafl is expecting baby #1 It's a GIRL!

February 16

February 17

PicklinQueen is expecting baby #2

kewpie80 is expecting :Rainbow babies #3 and 4 They're BOYS!

forestlover75 is expecting :Rainbow baby #1

February 18

February 19

Yasmina is expecting baby #1

February 20

murrelet is expecting baby #3 It's a BOY!

sarahjs is expecting :Rainbow baby #1

February 21

LaurenB is expecting baby #2

JenniferC is expecting baby #6

February 22

boscopup is expecting baby #4 It's a GIRL!

February 23

February 24

February 25

alivewithyou is expecting baby #1 It's a GIRL!

luckiest is expecting :Rainbow baby #2 Team Green!

February 26

knittygritty is expecting baby #1

bren94 is expecting baby #1 It's a BOY!

February 27

nd01 is expecting baby #3

hisandherstres is expecting bio baby #2 and also has a fantastic step-daughter

February 28

lovingmommyhood is expecting baby #5

honeybunmom is expecting :Rainbow baby #3 It's a GIRL!

End of February/Early March

ummnj is expecting baby #3

BirchTree is expecting :Rainbow baby #2

doylec is expecting baby #2

gabeyho is expecting baby #6 It's a GIRL!

bytheriver is expecting baby #1

mama2toby is expecting baby #3

:candle Always Remembering :candle

dreamingtree

jenjy

wingedheart01

zbugmama

Margaret 27​

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Name: Jodie
Due Date(Actual date, "beginning," "middle," or "end" of February if you prefer): February 14th, Valentine's day!
How long it took you to get your BFP: Like 9 cycles or so.
What number child this is for you: 4! Yeay! (2 girls, 1 boy and two in heaven)
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): DH, DD1 (almost 7), DD2 (4), DS (15 months)
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): I don't know. And even if I did, I am always wrong!
Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth with a pretty hands off mw.
Blog/website/etc: I had a blog once... I can't keep up with that stuff!
Anything else you would like to share: I am a doula and I LOVE everything pregnancy, birth and baby related. So, naturally, I am soooooooooo excited to be on a due date club again!!!! I can't wait to get to know all of you! :thumb

#3 ·
Hooray! Thanks for starting us off, Jodie!

Name: Tee (a nickname for my unusual, highly Googlable name :) )

Due Date(Actual date, "beginning," "middle," or "end" of February if you prefer): February 1? February 3? The online calculators I've used all say Feb 1, but my midwife says Feb 3, and my pregnancies usually go pretty long, so... "beginning of February" is probably pretty good.

How long it took you to get your BFP: ...Zero cycles? We'd been planning to start trying in July! HEY, what do you know?!

What number child this is for you: This is our third.

Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): Husband, son age 5, daughter age 3, two little dogs.

Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): No idea. I was DEAD wrong with our son, and was too afraid to hope for a girl to make any guesses when our daughter came along.

Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth with MW. Trying to figure out whether the kids would like to be there, too, which would mean a doula/sitter, plus my mom...? It might start to get pretty crowded in our little house!

Blog/website/etc: I have never been organized enough to really maintain a blog. :D

Anything else you would like to share: Both older kids were born at home. This was especially fortunate when our daughter was born with a surprise bilateral cleft lip and cleft palate--it was SUCH a blessing that we got to absorb this news all together, quietly and lovingly, instead of having her whisked off right away by some doctor. The official diagnoses did come later that day, but first we got to know each other a little bit, and we're forever grateful for those moments.

And... I'm SO excited to be here with you all! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Reactions: momma2finn
#4 ·
Name:Erica
Due Date: Early/mid-February. Officially, it's 2/9, but my money is on 2/13, based on previous patterns
How long it took you to get your BFP: We haven't been actively trying, but we had a loss in late February, so you could say three months.
What number child this is for you: 5
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): Hubby, 3 boys, 1 girl
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): Not a clue. My kids will all vote for a girl.
Birth plans/preferences: Home water birth

#5 ·
Look forward to walking this journey with you ladies!!

Name: Elizabeth
Due Date: Pretty certain it is February 11 (FAM charting)
How long it took you to get your BFP: 6 months
What number child this is for you: 3rd
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): Husband of almost 8 years, DS (3 1/2) and DD (20 months)
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): NO idea. I envision another son, but my husband thinks another daughter - but we both just want a sticky, healthy baby!
Birth plans/preferences: Would love to do a repeat homebirth, but moved to a new town where there are not the same birth resources or options, so we are considering hospital birth with a local doctor whose wife was a home birther in the town we moved from so he is very family-supportive and natural birth supportive. But we are still looking into options for homebirth here.
Blog/website/etc: I stopped blogging shortly after our daughter turned 1.
Anything else you would like to share: Our son's prenatal care was with a midwife with a planned birth center birth that turned into a hospital transport due to him being transverse (after 24 hours of labor at the birth center); Learned a great deal about my body and baby positioning with BB2, so had a planned homebirth that was, in fact, a homebirth in a birth pool in our living room.

#6 · (Edited)
Due Date: February 14, I use FAM so I know exactly when my ovulation date was according to my chart.
How long it took you to get your BFP: We were not actively trying but we were no longer avoiding. We had been "Charting to Avoid" for nearly 3 years prior to the past couple of months.
What number child this is for you: 2nd
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): DH, DS (almost 4 yo). 2 dogs.
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): My intuition with my first baby was very strong right away that he was a boy. I happened to be right! For this one I am feeling "girl" but maybe it is just me secretly hoping :) Either a boy or a girl would be wonderful. DH is afraid of having a girl because he has visions of the teenage years that scare him. I am sure he'd like another little boy.
Birth plans/preferences: My last birth was in a hospital with a Certified Nurse Midwife. It was fairly hands off for a hospital birth. I dream of a home birth but there are not any home birth midwives where I live :(

#7 · (Edited)
Name: Betsy/"Boots"
Due Date: February 15 according to my O calculations
How long it took you to get your BFP: Trying off and on since Jan.
What number child this is for you: 2
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): One husband and one very talkative, sweet little guy who is 22 months, LG. Still nursing.
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): either is fine with us, so excited
Birth plans/preferences: I am just glad I have one under my belt. Vaginal hospital birth last time. Hoping for same.
Anything else you would like to share:
My birthday is 2/14! This is pretty exciting. I'm still really close to my August 2012 DDC :)
:joy

#8 ·
My name is Courtney and I love red hot candies and am a rock rockin' mama, to boot!
Due Date: beginning of February
I was haphazardly charting to avoid, but strongly felt there was another baby waiting for us, so, HAPPY surprise!
This is baby #4
Family: DH, 3 DDs, 12, 10 and 7
Baby's gender : No idea. Would be excited and scared to try my hand at a boy, and very pleased to have a sweet girl (or one of each at my advanced age!)
Birth plans/preferences: It feels very fuzzy and unsure right now. DD1 was a invasive hospital vaginal birth, DD2 was a birth center baby, DD3 was born at home with great joy.

I'm so pleased to be here with you ladies!

#9 ·
Hi, all!

My name is Sarah
Due Date: Feb 4
How long it took you to get your BFP: It took 2 years to concieve my son Joshua (2 1/2), when we started trying again it took 10 months to get pregnant with number 2, made it to 11 weeks and then miscarried in Jan, and and was trying for this little one since then.
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): My husband and got to celebrate our BFP during our six year anniversary
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): I am hoping for a little girl. My husband is hoping for a girl, too, but guessing that this one is another boy
Birth plans/preferences: with DS1 I had a natural hospital birth with CNMs that I had to fight for because they kept trying to foist interventions on me, including trying to have me induced before my due date for no reason at all! So this one I am planning to do as a homebirth with a midwife I worked with on my last pregnancy and really loved.

#10 · (Edited)
I'm so happy to be here!

Name: Jamie
Due Date: Doing the math from my ovulation day, my EDD would be 2/14 - so let's go with that!
How long it took you to get your BFP: We'd been trying for 5 months, but this was my sixth cycle as I have short cycles (probably due to nursing)
Family: My daughter (16 months) was a honeymoon baby; this time around my LMP is our second anniversary. Husband is 26, and we have two sassy dogs as well.
Baby's gender: I'm wondering if it's a boy this time around; I feel very different than my first pregnancy. More ravenous than sick (though it's still way too early to call that). But I called my daughter "he" for nine months last time, so I'm not going to be making any official guesses this time around.
Birth plans/preferences: DD was born at home; this baby will be at an out-of-hospital birth center.

#11 · (Edited)
Holy crap...I'm pregnant!

I had absolutely no idea I would be posting this when I woke up today!

Name: Vanessa

Due Date: February 14th

How long to BFP: We weren't actually trying! This is so strange after meticulously planning everything with the first two. Literally there was ONE time we could have gotten preggers this past month. So cliche, but once is all it takes! I still don't know what possessed me to take a test this morning, but three positive tests later, I can't deny something is going on in there!

Family: Me, DH, Dd1 (3y) and Ds1 (17m). So this is baby number 3 . We also have 3 old dogs who were our first "babies."

Baby's Gender: No clue! My pregnancies with my son and daughter were so different. It will be fun to compare to see if there are similarities with this babe and the corresponding gender of his or her same sex older sibling! We'll find out gender at the birth like we have before.

Birth plans/Preferences: Dd was a beautiful freestanding birth center birth. Ds was supposed to be the same, but I caught him in the car en route! We'll likely go with the birth center again. Would really like a water birth!

Anything else: It's funny that I actually know the date of my LMP to help determine my due date. I just downloaded a period tracker on my phone to see how long my cycles were because they are pretty irregular since I'm breastfeeding. If I didn't have the app, I would have no clue when my period was! We're honestly very happily suprised by the news today! Funny how quickly you get attached to a pregnancy and the idea of a new baby. Really hoping it sticks and we have a new family member in February. As soon as I got my BFP this morning, mothering was one of the first things in my mind. This place has been such a source of support throughout my other two pregnancies! Looking forward to getting to know you all! Safe, healthy pregnancies to all!

#12 ·
Woohoo! Glad we are open!

Name: Larissa
Due date: 2/14
I have 3 girls (14,12, and almost 4). They were all born at home, last one was a water birth on my back porch. I am still BFing the almost 4 year old though I'd love to stop!
We started trying 2 months ago and had a chemical first cycle then I started progesterone after O with second cycle and here we are. I'm super nervous for some reason, though I have no spotting this time like I did with last pregnancy.

I am a chiropractor at a birth center and I own 4 restaurants so stress management is my main focus currently.

Planning another HB with the CNM I practice with.
We are seriously hoping for a boy.

#13 · (Edited)
Name: PicklinQueen
Due Date: Feb 17
How long it took you to get your BFP: 9 months
Family: DP and DS(5)

Artist mama living in Maine, work with adults with developmental disabilities. DP is environmental biologist, DS is full on 5. I'm celiac, and had GD last time I was pregnant, so near-paleo diet right off the bat this time to try and avoid the GD... French-English bicultural and bilingual third culture kid, growing roots in Maine.
Big into foraging, printmaking and being a mama, am still fb friends with my April 2009 DDC !

#14 · (Edited)
Name:Sarah Lee
Due Date: Feb 1st

How long it took you to get your BFP: Hahahaha!! I got my IUD removed May 6th and was knocked up May 11th.

What number child this is for you: 2nd for me, 1st (biological) for DH

Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.):My Chef/Farmer DH, My 8 yr old Finn, all of our various poultry, some rabbits, and the naughtiest beagle of all time.

Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): I think she's a girl! DH doesn't want to know, but I do.

Birth plans/preferences: Want a home birth after horrible hospital midwife/needless induction, but I am very scared.

Anything else you would like to share: So happy to be here. I get lonely out here on the farm, so it'll be nice to check in and hang out.

I can't wait to meet you all!

#15 ·
Name: Aetg (nickname)
Due Date(Actual date, "beginning," "middle," or "end" of February if you prefer): Feb 2-4thish? secretly hoping for my bday Feb 6
How long it took you to get your BFP: 1 month.
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): spouse, kid, dog, cats (inside and barn), goat, ducks, chickens, pig
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): whichever is fine
Birth plans/preferences: I think someone above wrote they had an invasive hospital birth for their first. I think I would agree with that. Hoping for a peaceful birth center birth this time. Hoping I won't go into labor outside of home/birth center. (first birth was 45 mins)

#16 ·
Name: Mercy
Due Date(Actual date, "beginning," "middle," or "end" of February if you prefer): the 13th, two days before my birthday
How long it took you to get your BFP: totally unplanned
What number child this is for you: 4
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): Eman 18, Kodi 16, Parker 5, Zoey the annoying lab
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): hoping for a girl but figuring on another boy
Birth plans/preferences: hoping my kidneys don't ruin my homebirth plans again

#17 ·
Name: Corrie
Due Date: 2-9 (I think), but I usually go over about a week
How long it took you to get your BFP: No time! First post partum cycle (dd3 is 13 months)
What number child this is for you: 7th pregnancy, 5th earth-side child (hopefully!)
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): DH, dd1, ds1, dd2, dd3, a dog, a cat, 4 kittens, and a fish.
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): Kind of hoping for a boy...twins would be awesome (but highly unlikely)
Birth plans/preferences: 3rd VBAC, natural birth at a hospital
Anything else you would like to share: I apologize ahead of time for my third trimester complaining! Each pregnancy seems to get more painful, starting around 28 weeks and lasting until the end. My back, my hips, my legs.... I'm all about having another baby, but I am dreading the pregnancy. Thank goodness it goes away when the baby comes!!!!

#18 · (Edited)
Hello All,

This is exciting. Haven't done this before!

Name: Jenn
Due Date: Middle of February. Not too sure when I ovulated - so between the 16th & 18th.
How long it took you to get your BFP: we were not trying to avoid getting pregnant, but not trying.
What number child this is for you: #3
Family: Husband & two sons 3 & 21mo.
Baby's gender: I've had a feeling it's a girl already, but we also hope very strongly that it's a girl, so trying not to get my hopes up
Birth plans/preferences: I had two home births and are currently on medicaid with no money to pay out of pocket for a home birth the way we've done both other times. thinking about a midwife practice in a hospital for this time. Also because post-partum the second time around was pretty stressful with my 20 month old around in a small apartment, so maybe hospital will be more restful??
Blog/website/etc: www.jswankdesigns.wordpress.com

#19 · (Edited)
Tracyamber
Yes, I found the February due date club!
I'm 40 yep 40 and I will be 41 this year, yep 41!!
I live on the 45th parallel in oregon.
I'm due I think the beginning of February may be the very very end of January.i believe my due date is February 11th.
We had many failed attempts and had our miracle baby in 2011 and then finally and hopefully getting our second miracle baby in 2015.
I love making things from scratch like food, toothpaste,laundry detergent, cough drops and syrups, tinctures .
I'm just excited and feeling good.

#20 ·
Hey Ladies! I have loved reading your intros!

I have updated out header up to here. Could you please check you name/date and correct me if I am wrong about anything?

Thanks!

Jodie

#22 ·
So many of us in our 30's and 40's!

I'm Emily. I have two teenage sons, aged nearly 16 and 13. Doing it again, under entirely different circumstances!

I'm due early Feb.

I live in Western MA.

I'm getting married a week from today (in a hot air balloon!). We've known a couple of weeks now, and the marriage wasn't because of the babe.

Had a miscarriage in March as I was just starting my 12th week, so I'm trying not to get my heart too set on this, but this pregnancy already feels different... My first time having morning sickness (of all my pregnancies), and I'm feeling so much gratitude for it!

Looking forward to making some pregnancy connections!
Let's GO!!!!

#23 ·
Name: Sara

Due Date: around February 10th

How long it took you to get your BFP: Well, this baby is actually a surprise.

What number child this is for you: 1

Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): Just me, one dog, and two cats

Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): hoping for a girl, but either would be nice

Birth plans/preferences: still undecided. I'm still feeling a little overwhelmed

#24 ·
Hi! I'm Ashleigh, and I'm due with our third on February 2nd! I found out I was expecting when I was only a week or so along so I feel like I've been pregnant for a long time already. My symptoms are more exaggerated this time, but I can't complain. I have nausea for the first time, but no throwing up thankfully. I'm also very hungry, which is unusual for me at this stage. I'm still nursing DD2, so I think that may explain the extreme fatigue and hunger. If my imagination gets the best of me, I think it it twins. Hahaha.

I'm hoping for another unmedicated birth, but I truly trust that things go the way they should. I had a standard hospital delivery for DD1, and an anything-but-standard delivery for DD2. My hope for this time around is a healthy baby and an excellent prenatal/birth team I can trust.

#25 · (Edited)
Hi!! I am Sarah(there are a whole lot of us?). I haven't spent a lot of time here in the past but maybe I will get more active now :)

Due Date: Feb 5th

How long it took you to get your BFP: surprise blessing

What number child this is for you:#3

Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): Married to a Navy man. Currently have a 3 year old Boy and 16 month old girl

Baby's gender (hopes/guesses) : I "feel' like it's going to be a girl but my husband says he wants a Boy so that our daughter will be his only baby girl. Never had a feeling before so I am interested to see the results.

Birth plans/preferences: I am so excited to see my doctors again and hopefully they will lead me through a second hospital VBAC. I am just hoping my husband will be allowed to stay for the birth as he is currently set to deploy sometime in the last month of my pregnancy.

#26 ·
Name: Jordan
Due Date(Actual date, "beginning," "middle," or "end" of February if you prefer): February 25th
How long it took you to get your BFP: 9 months and one loss
What number child this is for you: 1
Family (spouse, other children, pets, etc.): Husband Kyle and two weenie dogs (fur children)
Baby's gender (hopes/guesses): Boy
Birth plans/preferences: No idea.. will have to do more research. I know for sure in a hospital though.
Blog/website/etc: http://jordan-norman.blogspot.com
Anything else you would like to share: I really hope I get to stay in this due date club... definitely battling some anxiety from my loss three months ago. So far this pregnancy is looking a lot better than my last. :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.