1st Trimester Anxiety support Group (For all women) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 66Likes

Old 07-29-2014, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Thank you all so very, very much for the sympathy and (gentle!) rational thinking. My husband went in for some medical testing today (all is well, thank goodness!) and I was an emotional wreck. Didn't know how much a little thing like a tiny bit of blood could set me off!

I've seen virtually no more bleeding throughout the day, and being in touch with my midwife--plus your reassurances--has set my mind at ease.

Thanks again, all. You are very kind!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeThatsMe View Post
Thank you all so very, very much for the sympathy and (gentle!) rational thinking. My husband went in for some medical testing today (all is well, thank goodness!) and I was an emotional wreck. Didn't know how much a little thing like a tiny bit of blood could set me off!

I've seen virtually no more bleeding throughout the day, and being in touch with my midwife--plus your reassurances--has set my mind at ease.

Thanks again, all. You are very kind!
Yay! That's good news. Here's to continued peace of mind.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Crap. My turn to freak out a bit. I just wiped and had light brown/pinkish mucus. I've been a bit crampy since yesterday, but wasn't too worried because it didn't feel like *those* kind of cramps. They just felt... weird and hard to explain. I still feel a bit like that today. We DTD yesterday morning, but I've honestly never had any bleeding from that.

I've never had brown/pink stuff that didn't end in miscarriage. But I've never had it happen this late in a pregnancy either. I'm 13 weeks, and I know the baby was alive and healthy at 10 weeks. This would be so different from other two miscarriages

I wish my OB wasn't an hour away and I wish I had someone to watch my kids for me so I could go get checked out just for comfort sake.

I guess I will just wait and see if there is anymore.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
Old 07-31-2014, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Oh, cagenew, that is scary. I hope it's an isolated incident.

Three kids and one on the way.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Tee, <3 I am glad you are feeling better about it.

cagnew, I hope the spotting goes away. I have had DTD to that to me in previous pregnancies, but not in this one (despite being more active in the bedroom this time). Every pregnancy is different. There is lots of stretching and growing happening right now... I hope you can find comfort in the images of your baby that you saw a couple of weeks ago.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

Old 07-31-2014, 09:36 AM

Oh, @cagnew , I'm sorry. I don't want it to be anybody's turn. No turns!

I wish we could set up, like, a Doppler lending library. I don't necessarily want to own one myself, but I love the idea of a communally-owned one that we could just overnight to each other as needed. Not-exactly-instant relief.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Praying for you Cagnew.

FWIW, I had bleeding in my previous pregnancy that started at 13 weeks. It was off and on for 2 weeks or so. I never did figure out the cause. It was also pinkish brown.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Hoping it's nothing, Cagnew. With my first pregnancy I had some cramping and brown spotting at 8 weeks and all was fine. Midwives told me it was probably baby "settling in."

Another thought - if you had a retroverted uterus, as it grows it'll eventually flip forward, which I imagine could cause some cramping and maybe spotting...? Not sure, but maybe.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
Old 07-31-2014, 12:42 PM

Good news- baby was fine on the ultrasound Now I just have to relax and let myself believe that it IS fine.

Luckiest: You know, you might have a good point about the retroverted uterus. I had decided yesterday that my cramping was probably a result of it moving or flipping forward since it felt like it had changed position. Never occurred to me that it might cause some spotting in the meantime. Thanks for the input!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
Old 07-31-2014, 01:17 PM

Great news!

Old 07-31-2014, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
13 more days until my next dr appointment. I hate not knowing for sure that this baby is okay. I have hope because the nausea and dizziness is still a very big part of my daily routine and I am exhausted. My stomach is starting to harden as well. I'm just tired of being worried and scared. Still no spotting so I think I just need to trust and be happy.

I hope everyone is okay.. I hate seeing that you guys are spotting and you are farther along than me. Not cool. We should ban it ha ha.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:11 PM

Completely on board with a spotting ban. Maybe if every single one of us signs a DDC-wide decree? Community rules: by joining the board, you automatically sign up for No Spotting.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:03 PM

Had our first appointment yesterday and heard a strong healthy heartbeat! It was sweet and verrry reassuring. My midwives don't recommend an ultrasound until 18 weeks, and I will see them next in a month. Now just looking forward to getting to the end of week 13 milestone!

Old 08-03-2014, 10:35 AM

Is it normal??

Veteran moms, can you tell me if it's normal to feel less queasy at 11 weeks? Hearing that one of the other February mamas went to her 12 week appt and didn't hear a heartbeat () has sparked a little fear in me.

My boobs are still sore (but not all the time), I am more tired than I was a few weeks ago (but manageable, not like some stories I hear), and I get this lightheaded feeling from time to time. I have moments where it feels like I am about to have that dreaded nausea, but it tends to remain light, or go away.

I know they say "everyone is different", but in my previous pregnancies (which I lost) I had no nausea, so this decline gets me worried. I so just want to go with the flow and not be alarmist, but sometimes hearing someone else's sad news makes that hard...

Any words of wisdom are much appreciated.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:44 PM

Hi Forest! If your ticker is accurate, then you are pushing 12 weeks, and many moms do begin to feel quite a bit of relief from the nausea at this time. For some it's a slow, subtle change, and for others it can be pretty day and night! Or, you can feel better for a few days and then WHAMMO- be hit with an awful day or string of days. In reality, symptoms aren't the greatest way to tell if something has gone wrong, especially this late in the first trimester.

I think the chance of miscarriage at this point in pregnancy is something like 2%. While I wish it was 0%, 2% isn't bad. Sooo... you have a 98% chance that everything is fine. Wish I had those odds playing the lottery!

(((HUG))) Despite all of this, I know it's nearly impossible not to worry. When something so wonderful and anticipated is beginning to look like it might actually happen, I think it's normal to be afraid that something will screw it all up.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:00 PM

Yes, every single thing @cagnew said. Just wanted to chime in with a second hug. You're following pretty much the exact trajectory I usually follow, for what it's worth. But I know it's so hard not to worry about the symptoms abating! Hang in there. It will be okay.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:23 AM

it's back!

And of course, today, the nausea is back... Not with a vengeance, but it's there. So wish I didn't have to go to work...

thanks for the encouragement tee and cagnew!

Old 08-04-2014, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
This exact thing happened to me over the weekend. For the past several days I had no symptoms at all, and all symptoms have really been so slight this pregnancy anyway....I was starting to feel nervous. Then my husband reminded me how I am always late to show, and whispered to my belly to "make mommy really nauseated today...."
AND like clockwork the rest of my day was followed with nausea, bloat, low energy, and boob tenderness! Lovely.
I really would have taken a few nice little flutters instead

Glad all is well with you, and at least you have some reassurance Forest

Mama to oneone, and a brand new!
Old 08-05-2014, 05:44 PM

I have so much anxiety over my cervix it's not even funny. Can anyone ease my worries here and tell me that it's impossible to tell if it's really closed or not on your own. It just feels super low.. I don't know if that's because it is thicker? I also can never tell if it feels super closed or not... Almost feels like there is an edge around it? None of this probably makes sense and I plan on asking my doctor about this at my appointment next week but does anyone have any words of advice so I can stop panicking?
Old 08-05-2014, 07:14 PM

My advice would be to stop checking your cervix! Sorry, I know that's not helpful. And hypocritical of me, because I keep obsessively checking to feel my uterus, even though I'm not quite 11 weeks and I know it's retroverted and harder to feel anyway. But I'd stop checking it and just wait until your next appointment, or call and ask if you're really worried.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:51 PM

Most days i do really well with not checking but every now and then I freak myself out. Any input or personal experiences? From what I've researched it doesn't seem like a reliable thing to check yourself.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
Most days i do really well with not checking but every now and then I freak myself out. Any input or personal experiences? From what I've researched it doesn't seem like a reliable thing to check yourself.
My cervix changes all the time. Sometimes it's more open and soft and short and super low and others it's long and more closed. I had myself all freaked out last week but I have since chilled. It seems to have moved up as my uterus has gone through a growth spurt and baby is hanging out up higher.
I have now moved on to concern about a previa because I can feel pulsing just to left of my cervix.
At some point I will stop being crazy this pregnancy. I hope!
Old 08-06-2014, 07:48 AM

Lol! Yeah I'm pretty sure baby is starting to move up since I have a huge pooch and I can feel my lower stomach hardening.. Hopefully after that it will be higher. I just have to remind myself that incompetent cervix is pretty rare and that so far I've beaten worse odds than that. I will still check with my doctor though just because I do keep worrying. I get what feels like shocks in my cervix sometimes.. They only last for about two seconds and then go away. That freaks me out but I've heard it's normal. I think I am just aware of every little thing.

User Tag List