Forum Jump: 
 111Likes

#31 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post
It hasn't happened yet, but I tend to start smelling like a nursing home (a not-so-nice nursing home) "down there" during pregnancy. My DH has never complained about it, so maybe it's just me? Either way, it totally grosses me out.
What a relief to know I'm not the only one!!

Jodie, that's a good idea--I may mention it in passing after some nice fun times.

(PS: Barf. Any and all odors particularly offensive today. Want to be at home with my head under a pillow. Sitting at my work computer instead. Only seven more hours to go...)

#32 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn Swank Shuffle View Post
Is anyone on her second or third pregnancy? This one is totally different from my two boys. I do NOT remember being this sick with either of them, but I'm nauseous at least part of every day. And ALWAYS feel like I have vertigo, or seasickness. And about to gag. Wondering if that means this is a girl...

I second the stinkyness, the hurty nipples (bfing my 21mo still), and the being hungry all the time!!!!
Jenn,
This is my 4th pregnancy. I had horrible morning sickness for the first three, but nothing yet this time thank goodness. With my first, it had started even before I missed a period. That was how my stepdad figured out that I was. I am not sure on timeline with the other two, but it was later. I think with my second, it started around 9 weeks. The third started somewhere between the two.
#33 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahknavy View Post
I have super nose powers too. That is actually bothering me more than the slight sickness. It doesn't help that I have had puking kids for a week so all I can smell is vomit, nasty diapers, and tide. Even these clean clothes make me want to wash something. I need to get something more mild for just our regular clothes. Gotta keep the tide for the Diapers though.

Tee- I think I just get some lady wet wipes to use and be on the safe side. If you still feel smelly then maybe ask.

I am hoping my boobs firm up soon. I just recently weaned, and I am looking forward to pregnancy boobs.
Super nose power here too.
#34 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
I will only be 4 weeks tomorrow and my stomach is miserable.. very gassy and the worst constipation cramps. Luckily they come and go but they are making it hard to focus. I'm also trying not to fall asleep at my desk and my boobs are starting to hurt but not too bad yet.
#35 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Tired. I had to beg my kids to watch my little pony today. They wanted to play outside. I said, "I need one hour of inside play." So, they watched 3 my little pony episodes. I begged for just one more. No go. "You said only 1 hour!!!!!!!!!!!!" Most annoying whining ever. So, outside getting themselves sprinkled with the hose they go... and I go with them. I guess they deserve to stay cool. It is over 90 today. (We are usually a 1 hr a week tv family, so I feel guilty cuz I know I will be using this crutch again and praying for rain so that they are stuck inside. How awful is that!?)

Did I mention I am tired?

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#36 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I am still feeling pretty good. I keep waiting to wake up with morning sickness but so far nothing. The boobs seem to be hurting more and are getting bigger though. I was so sick with my son that it is weird to not be sick yet. I am a little worried about it but at the same time of course I don't want to be sick! As long as the pregnancy is okay, of course.
#37 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I am so sick of being hungry? why the heck and I hungry all the freaking time!!!!!!
momma2finn and bren94 like this.

Sarah- sahm to a little boy and girl with a third blessing due in Feb.
#38 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Oh, the nausea. Jenn, this is pregnancy number 4 for me and I have all girls so far and I have been sick with all of them. I'm hoping for a boy and that nausea is just my default pregnancy setting.
I feel like I hit a hormonal surge in the last day or so. I went from mild nausea occasionally to headache, boob swelling, and nearly constant nausea and gagging. I am almost 6 weeks so that seems about right I guess.
I am also on the heartburn and stinky train. I have never had heartburn this early!
#39 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
This week, I feel some mild symptoms. So mild, I even hate to use the term "nausea"-- but I feel so slightly queasy until I take a bite of something. That is a new symptom, I didn't have it with my first two. I also have mild round ligament pain, I think. Just twinges and pulling if I move too quickly.

But, this is weird and I'd appeciate feedback: is it possible to feel fetal movement at 8 weeks? I feel a lot of action there. I thought I could distinguish between gas and movement, and at times I'm confident I'm feeling movement (it is like a very light tapping). I realize if it is indeed movement it would be involuntary.

I also am fatigued to the max. I nap about 2 hours a day and get about 10 hours a night. And I can't get enough to eat. I think I'm really feeling the energy demands from nursing my 16MO while pregnant. And heartburn from hell already.

And lest I forget: pregnancy brain. I can't find or remember anything.
#40 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
I am so sick of being hungry? why the heck and I hungry all the freaking time!!!!!!

Me too! I'm constantly hungry! Last week, I made the mistake of not taking a snack when I went out with the kids for a couple of hours. I was ravenous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#41 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
In response to the earlier question about nausea and girls/third babies...I have a girl and three boys, and this is my eighth pregnancy. I don't think I had a different level of nausea with DD (I don't usually have much anyway, unless I don't eat, or I take too many supps at once).

Oddly, in my case, the two times I have experienced the most nausea have been pregnancies I have miscarried. I don't think there is a connection, just a weird coincidence. Nausea should normally indicate that things are going well, from what I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#42 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingtree View Post
I am still feeling pretty good. I keep waiting to wake up with morning sickness but so far nothing. The boobs seem to be hurting more and are getting bigger though. I was so sick with my son that it is weird to not be sick yet. I am a little worried about it but at the same time of course I don't want to be sick! As long as the pregnancy is okay, of course.
That's kinda how I have been feeling. I was so sick with my first by now when I read back on my journal and part of me feels worried and hope all is okay. I don't wanna be sick. I just wanna a know all is okay.
#43 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Insomnia, my vicious housemate, has moved in. If I weren't exhausted I'd love the awake time, but as it is, I am wiiiiide awake listening to the house creak at intervals through the night. Sometimes it's hunger, and if I eat I can sleep. Otherwise, I savor lying on my back while I can, sparing my already double-sized sore breasts, and run through the next day. Nausea comes in waves at odd hours, and motivation and patience at work have been zero. I go part time in July, and can't wait.
#44 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm not enjoying the headaches. I've only had a couple so far, but one hit me at work tonight, and it was seriously unpleasant.

I get nauseous if I let myself get really hungry, and when I first wake up, but that's not too bad. The worst part so far is the completely random, sudden 'I may be about to throw up right now' feeling.
#45 of 236 Old 06-18-2014, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My boobs were REALLY sore for a while, but that has largely subsided now, and I am just really tired and spacey. I've been sleeping nine hours a night and taking hour long naps. I have kind of background, barely-there nausea, but I think it's from my vitamins not the pregnancy as such. This is my third pregnancy and I don't know if it's different from the others or not because I didn't know I was pregnant this early on with the other two
#46 of 236 Old 06-18-2014, 03:48 PM

Location: Driftless Region of Iowa, on a beautiful little farm.
Quote:
I am hoping my boobs firm up soon. I just recently weaned, and I am looking forward to pregnancy boobs.
I AM LOVING MY "NEW" BOOBS. Sorry for yelling, but holy cow, are they great! I bf 7 years ago, and I missed these girls looking so, well, AMAZING! DH is constantly walking in on me looking at them!!

In other news, with the onset of week 7, I haven't had any nausea for about four days (yessss!) and my sore nipples aren't sore anymore.

Heartburn is still there, and I definitely agree with so many others- heartburn is here to stay, so I guess I better adjust.
*sigh* I'm gonna miss spaghetti sauce.
#47 of 236 Old 06-18-2014, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2finn View Post
I AM LOVING MY "NEW" BOOBS. Sorry for yelling, but holy cow, are they great! I bf 7 years ago, and I missed these girls looking so, well, AMAZING! DH is constantly walking in on me looking at them!!

In other news, with the onset of week 7, I haven't had any nausea for about four days (yessss!) and my sore nipples aren't sore anymore.

Heartburn is still there, and I definitely agree with so many others- heartburn is here to stay, so I guess I better adjust.
*sigh* I'm gonna miss spaghetti sauce.

Hahahah...... I am with you on the boobs. I wish they could stay this way!!!
#48 of 236 Old 06-19-2014, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingtree View Post
Hahahah...... I am with you on the boobs. I wish they could stay this way!!!
No kidding! I was pregnant and/or lactating straight through from July 2008 to July 2012, and when the boobs went away at the end... It was a letdown for sure. Literally and figuratively. I was *so* bummed not to be one of the moms who keeps 'em. Third kid's the charm?! Hope springs eternal!!
jodieanneanton likes this.

#49 of 236 Old 06-19-2014, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 4 weeks along today. I can't tell if my symtoms are from hormones or just nerves/excitement!

I an feeling a bit nauseas, and although I don't feel like eating, my stomach creeps growling...

In terms of energy I am actually feeling not too bad, but I have been exercising every day. I have been waking up a lot in the middle of the night and not been able to go back to sleep. It's pretty annoying.

By boobs don't hurt at all, thankfully. I am sure it will set in eventually though.

At what point did you start feeling pretty severe symptoms?
#50 of 236 Old 06-19-2014, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Heather: I think it varies from woman to woman, but 6 weeks tends to be around the time symptoms start to ramp up.
jodieanneanton likes this.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#51 of 236 Old 06-19-2014, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm 3 weeks 5 days AKA Found out today. For the past week my symptoms are as follows:

Swollen breasts (Only happened with my first pregnancy and now this one)
Cold feet at night (Have never had this until now)
Extremely irritable
Exhausted
Very hungry
Headaches
Cramps

My past pregnancies have not been this symptomatic so it's very odd! I knew I was pregnant because of all of the above, very unusual for me at not at all like premenstrual symptoms. I told DH that if I'm not pregnant there is something -seriously- wrong with me!

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#52 of 236 Old 06-19-2014, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
HUNGRY.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#53 of 236 Old 06-19-2014, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Ugh. Since I got my BFP I've had cramps that feel somewhere between bad gas and menstrual pain.

Please tell me it's not going to be like this for the next nine months?
#54 of 236 Old 06-19-2014, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knittygritty View Post
Ugh. Since I got my BFP I've had cramps that feel somewhere between bad gas and menstrual pain.

Please tell me it's not going to be like this for the next nine months?
I was really crampy for the first week or two (4-5wk along), but it has gone away now. The second trimester is usually pretty awesome, so hang in there

Now I am just bloated. I swear, I haven't really gained any weight (maybe a pound), but my stomach looks like I swallowed a pillow.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#55 of 236 Old 06-19-2014, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I'm glad to hear that other people are having or had cramping early on...I'm cramping too and trying not to worry about it!

Other than that, just caffeine withdrawl over here!
#56 of 236 Old 06-20-2014, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Nausea and everything smells bad. I'm afraid I soon won't be able to eat anything, because I won't be able to keep it down. I'm not so much hungry as I am looking for a way to dampen the nausea.

Last night I would wake up and roll over, but my husband smelled bad, so I would roll back over on the other side again. But it's not him, it's me. I even smell bad to myself. I am really looking forward to the part where the nausea ends, if it hopefully does. I would gladly exchange the nausea for a backache or round ligament pain.

And cramps, and lethargy, and sore breasts, as well. But those are not a big deal compared to the nausea.
#57 of 236 Old 06-20-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie11 View Post
Nausea and everything smells bad. I'm afraid I soon won't be able to eat anything, because I won't be able to keep it down. I'm not so much hungry as I am looking for a way to dampen the nausea.

Last night I would wake up and roll over, but my husband smelled bad, so I would roll back over on the other side again. But it's not him, it's me. I even smell bad to myself. I am really looking forward to the part where the nausea ends, if it hopefully does. I would gladly exchange the nausea for a backache or round ligament pain.

And cramps, and lethargy, and sore breasts, as well. But those are not a big deal compared to the nausea.
Aww mama, you must feel bad f you wound trade for round ligament. Hugs to you. I have been starting to feel bad myself. It helps if I don't allow myself to get hungry.
Valerie11 likes this.
#58 of 236 Old 06-20-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchTree View Post
I'm glad to hear that other people are having or had cramping early on...I'm cramping too and trying not to worry about it!

Other than that, just caffeine withdrawl over here!
I'm cramps too. Guess our uterus is enlarging I have read that it is really common to cramp during 5,6,and 7 weeks.
dreamingtree and BirchTree like this.
#59 of 236 Old 06-20-2014, 08:51 AM

@luckiest
Funny post!
#60 of 236 Old 06-21-2014, 03:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It's so weird. I'm having symptoms, like heartburn and constipation, that I only started having in the third trimester last time. I've tried prunes,lots of water, I eat greens and salads and kefir and yogurt.... I don't know what to do about the constipation issue. I'm nauseated too but the seabands work ok.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page