Symptoms!!!!! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 162Likes

#91 of 327 Old 06-25-2014, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
I have given up on eating crackers before getting out of bed in the morning. They taste gross and they come up anyway. It's better to just dry heave than to dry heave after eating those nasty saltines.

Three kids and one on the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 327 Old 06-25-2014, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
I AM LOVING THESE GROWING BREASTS OF MINE!! I feel like I'm having another chance at this puberty thing!! They're getting so full, and firm!!!!
Wow... pregnancy is amazing!

#93 of 327 Old 06-25-2014, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie11 View Post
I have given up on eating crackers before getting out of bed in the morning. They taste gross and they come up anyway. It's better to just dry heave than to dry heave after eating those nasty saltines.
Hear, hear! My work BFF mentioned "saltines, early and often!" to me in an email as a no-fail nausea cure, and I was like "NEVERRRRRR." I went a little overboard on an overly-salty pack a few weeks ago and now they are The Enemy. Blech.

My boobs are BIG, too--I'm spilling out of my bras! "Big" for me is a nearly-C cup, but man, my Bs runneth over. Gotta dig out some nursing bras, maybe.

Anybody else having, ahem, gas issues? I have been particularly pungent... awesome. My office-mate just left today for a three-week trip, and I'm just so relieved. Praying (though not necessarily terribly optimistically) that it'll be under control by the time she returns!

#94 of 327 Old 06-25-2014, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
YES Tee! I'm always crossing my fingers that no one walks by my desk!

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#95 of 327 Old 06-25-2014, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
YES Tee! I'm always crossing my fingers that no one walks by my desk!
HA HA HA! I'm glad I'm not the only one facing this problem lately. I just pray that they are silent lol.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#96 of 327 Old 06-25-2014, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I have had the gas, but more in a "I really need to fart" kind of way, but can't. And the morning sickness started yesterday.
#97 of 327 Old 06-27-2014, 11:10 AM

TMI AHEAD!!!!

My morning sickness hasn't started yet but since yesterday I've been getting morning diarrhea? Right after eating breakfast or any mid-morning snack, no matter how small. Then by late afternoon any stomach pain is gone and I can eat normally. Is this normal or do I have a bug or something? One of my coworkers has had a stomach bug for over a week and always hugs on me but I don't think it's that?

EDIT: It actually doesn't start as a result of eating but eating makes it much worse.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#98 of 327 Old 06-27-2014, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
TMI AHEAD!!!!

My morning sickness hasn't started yet but since yesterday I've been getting morning diarrhea? Right after eating breakfast or any mid-morning snack, no matter how small. Then by late afternoon any stomach pain is gone and I can eat normally. Is this normal or do I have a bug or something? One of my coworkers has had a stomach bug for over a week and always hugs on me but I don't think it's that?

EDIT: It actually doesn't start as a result of eating but eating makes it much worse.
I get first trimester diarrhea...third trimester, too! Many women experience constipation, but not me. And apparently not you! Lucky us.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#99 of 327 Old 06-27-2014, 02:48 PM

Phew! Good to know!

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#100 of 327 Old 06-27-2014, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I get it too Today I decided to take the kids to Target, which is an hour away (we live in the country). I got them all ready and in the van, then ran back in the house to get my sunglasses. Walking back out to the van, my stomach cramped up and filled with air. I was hoping it was just gas... but I ended up turning around about a mile down the road. No trip for us. Sooo frustrating! I've been having it off and on for a few days. Blah. It was like this with the last 2 pregnancies as well. I have IBS so I assume that might have something to do with it... it's like pregnancy makes it go crazy.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#101 of 327 Old 06-27-2014, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I feel like I can't get enough oxygen. I keep taking deep breaths but it never seems quite enough...and it's making me yawn.

#102 of 327 Old 06-27-2014, 05:11 PM

Today is my first day not actually puking. I did feel like I might a few times, and even coughed and almost did, but then I didn't. I'm also able to get away with smelling many things and not immediately getting sick, so I hope that means it's tapering off. My mom says it's for two weeks, which would be about right. You would think I would remember how long my personal morning sickness lasts, I mean I've been pregnant three times before, but no, I can't remember how long it lasts.

I remember getting up, puking in the shower first thing as I wasn't much of a breakfast person, and then being fine as long as I ate something. This must be the worst pregnancy for nausea because even when I eat, I'm still sick. Especially if I move around or do anything. So here's to hoping that it ends sometime soon.

#103 of 327 Old 06-28-2014, 04:10 PM

I am so tired I feel like crying. I have so much work to do around the house and all I can do is sit on the couch and stare. My 14 month old is constantly crying or hanging on me or getting into things and it's making me crazy. And I feel bad because DH has been busting his butt to put this floor in... how can I complain about being tired when I have done almost nothing? The floor is just about done, which is great, but that means it's going to be time to put the house back in order and clean it up. I can't imagine doing all that work.

I am actually beginning to think maybe my iron is low. I have some Rainbow Light vitamins from my last pregnancy that are still good, so I think I might take one tonight before bed. They have a good amount of iron in them (167%, I think). I just hope I can get the thing down... it's huge.

I remember being tired in other pregnancies, but this is ridiculous!

I ate a half of a pan of rice krispy treats. And we are having fast food for dinner because I just can't imagine trying to cook tonight...maneuvering around all the tools in the kitchen and trying to clean up the dinner mess.

This is so frustrating!!!!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#104 of 327 Old 06-28-2014, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

@cagnew (((hugs))) I am so sorry you are struggling. You are not alone. I struggle with doing anything... at all. And my 16 month old climbs all over me and all he wants to do is nurse! It is so frustrating! I don't remember being SOOOOO tired any other time. I try to tell myself that this will pass and that I am not doing nothing (Although it looks that way!). I am growing a baby and it requires a lot of energy! I am trying to set up a resting time each day for myself (relying on My little pony for the olders and naptime for the toddler) and enlisting the help of DH and the children. But some days, there is just no energy to even cook. When I do cook, I make sure to make A LOT of food so it will last for 2 dinners + a lunch or so. That helps a little.

I hope we find relief soon!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#105 of 327 Old 06-28-2014, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm 5 weeks 2 days and the nausea has officially set in.

#106 of 327 Old 06-29-2014, 06:56 AM

cagenew, if you have IBS with your pregnancies then it could be something you are eating.
bren94, it sounds like eating forces your digestion system along.

I would say both of you need probiotoics. The gut is so important and can get so messed up from antibiotics and yeast overgrowth, as well as eating pesticides and GMOs. We have a lot of gut issues in our immediate family and probiotics are a Godsend. We get the kind made from coconuts (that way it's no dairy) in the refrigerated isle. I think every one should have them in their fridge. I usually add them to smoothies, but you can just drink it straight, too.

#107 of 327 Old 06-29-2014, 06:59 AM

Also, cagenew, you are not alone. Your body is doubling it's blood supply right now, and other things. I know exactly what you mean about sitting and staring.

#108 of 327 Old 06-29-2014, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Right there with you, ladies. Everything is just... hard. The constant nausea, the exhaustion, and, for me, the newest fun is what feels like quite low blood pressure, I think? I'm a touch dizzy and lightheaded, my heart's racing, and the only thing in the world that seems okay is lying down in a quiet, cool room. My poor husband's at his wits' end with me. I wander into the bedroom, order him to go help the children with something, and collapse. :/
#109 of 327 Old 06-29-2014, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TeeThatsMe - I've been having the low blood pressure/feeling faint thing too. A friend told me it's the blood volume change or increase blood flow to the uterus. Something like that. She said she had it around 2 months.

Me (30) and DH (30), DS (7/1/08), DD (12/1/11) and finally expecting a new little one end of Jan/early Feb 2015!  
#110 of 327 Old 06-30-2014, 07:11 AM

My fatigue has gotten a little better since starting the prenatal w/ iron. Must have been low! Still tired but functioning a little better, thank goodness!

#111 of 327 Old 06-30-2014, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am joining the symptoms thread.

I am 7 weeks today and this nausea and fatigue are unbearable. I work from home, homeschool my 8 year old and have a 10 month old that wants to nurse all night long! I haven't slept in ages.

I don't want to complain but oftentimes I just feel like I can't enjoy my days and kids anymore. I am so tired and grumpy. I feel so helpless.

Sent from my iPhone
#112 of 327 Old 06-30-2014, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My symptoms are very much different from my last pregnancy. I was full of energy and was always on the go. No morning sickness. Nothing. Not this time. I'm so tired i sleep ALOT. I'm nauseous from about noon on. Thank goodness I'm not puking. Ugh. But honestly its the exhaustion that's killing me. My poor 5 year old is bored out of his mind. I can't get off the couch and clean or cook. Well I force myself. But its a real task. I could sleep all day easily. When does it stop?
#113 of 327 Old 06-30-2014, 02:25 PM

Aww, Cela and cowchick530. I am so with you on the nausea, just can't wait for it to go away. I can handle tiredness and pain, but nausea is just the worst. Here's to hoping we all get over it sooner than later.

#114 of 327 Old 06-30-2014, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just have to tell you that I AM SOOOO HUNGRY ALLLLL. THE. TIME. Like insane amounts of hunger.
I am nursing my 15 mo and she is constantly breast-feeding these days - today i was offering her water b/c its hot and i think she is just thirsty and this is seriously wiping me out. I've never been so hungry in my life.
I am 6 wks 1 day. I was researching what kinds of calories are recommended to nurse while pregnant and it seems they say no "extra"calories are needed in the first trimester. This is NOT my experience right now. I was so famished by dinnertime that my husband made me steak as an "appetizer"! I am worried that I won't be able to sustain this.
And I'm not sleeping well to boot, and feeling that hungry nausea thing where I just want to munch to stave off the wooziness.
#115 of 327 Old 06-30-2014, 10:58 PM

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I'm right there with you, doylec. I had to eat twice last night, once to get to sleep at 1 a.m. and once at like 5 a.m. I thought it was the twin thing, but I'm also breastfeeding a 23 month old 2-3 times a day.
Today was the worst. I got a breakfast sandwich and donut at DD, and regretted it ALL day. I had wicked heartburn and nausea. Yesterday was my most intense day as far as hunger goes and today the worst nausea. I guess things are stepping up. Whew. Right now sucking on a lemon.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12

Last edited by iixivboots; 06-30-2014 at 11:05 PM.
#116 of 327 Old 07-01-2014, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

lemonheads candy are a God send to me! I use them to ward off nausea and it helps, at least a little.

#117 of 327 Old 07-01-2014, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I have been heading off the nausea pretty well, though it has meant constant eating. Well, this morning marked my first puke. I was stallin on getting up and ended up running to the bathroom.
#118 of 327 Old 07-01-2014, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yup. the first puke. 2 am my nursling woke and nursed hungrily and i felt so woozy, the room was spinning. I decided I must be hungry so I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge - yogurt. yeah that sounds good. I opened the container on the counter and brought the spoon to my mouth - and ran straight to the bathroom to vomit about 5 times. Ugh. The refrigerator door was still open and dinging when my husband came in to see what was going on. Eventually I fell back asleep.

This morning i can't seem to do anything. I sent him on a store run with a long list of nausea foods - pretzels, popsicles, plain crackers. I can't get off the couch and I have so much work to do This was the hardest part of my last pregnancy b/c its still on down low and I feel like I have to "act normal" and I just feel so crappy.

Im trying to focus on joy and not "go into suffering," just like my childbirth educator said for laboring!
#119 of 327 Old 07-01-2014, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Does anybody use or used in the past Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar during pregnancy?

I was taking ACV shots daily before getting pregnant and it gave me so much energy! I was wondering if it is safe now that I am expecting. I read on their website that is safe but I wanted to check with the moms here if you have any experience with it?

Maybe it will help me with this tiredness/nausea and grumpiness. Well I have high expectations to cure my symptoms, but I haven't had the courage to take it yet.

Sent from my iPhone
#120 of 327 Old 07-01-2014, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Ugh! My nausea is ramping up now too. I'm taking 25mg of B6 at breakfast, lunch and dinner and then 50mg before bed. It seems to help. I'm also just eating constantly. Lots of salami, cheese and peanut butter toast. Oh, and chocolate milk. Yum! Chocolate milk with ice cubes is the best!

Breastfeeding, cosleeping, homebirthing scientist mama to DD1 07/08, DD2 06/10 and a third on the way 02/15!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page