Symptoms!!!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 116Likes

#121 of 252 Old 07-01-2014, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
@Cela , ACV is safe to take while pregnant. Actually, it is GREAT to take while pregnant. I had to stop a couple of weeks ago due to nausea. But I plan on starting up again soon.

I also haven't been able to take any supplements w/o feeling completely ill...

Finally.... Anyone have any advice about pimples??? I am breaking out like CRAZY!!! This has never happened to me in pregnancy before but they just keep popping up! So annoying and ugly and painful! Help!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#122 of 252 Old 07-01-2014, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

@doylec Wow. What a great way to put it... I have been trying to have a joyful and thankful attitude and not complain so much. I love the way you (your childbirth educator) put it. Focus on joy. Do not "go into suffering." Love it. Thanks!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#123 of 252 Old 07-01-2014, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Gassy. Sleepy. Hungry. Excited. Baby #2 .

#124 of 252 Old 07-01-2014, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Jodieanneanton-- I have pregnancy acne, too. The only thing I've found to help is a sulphur/dead sea mineral soap. I get it every pregnancy. Eew.
#125 of 252 Old 07-01-2014, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuchessTergie View Post
Jodieanneanton-- I have pregnancy acne, too. The only thing I've found to help is a sulphur/dead sea mineral soap. I get it every pregnancy. Eew.
Where do you find this lovely product?

#126 of 252 Old 07-02-2014, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieanneanton View Post
@Cela , ACV is safe to take while pregnant. Actually, it is GREAT to take while pregnant. I had to stop a couple of weeks ago due to nausea. But I plan on starting up again soon.

I also haven't been able to take any supplements w/o feeling completely ill...

Finally.... Anyone have any advice about pimples??? I am breaking out like CRAZY!!! This has never happened to me in pregnancy before but they just keep popping up! So annoying and ugly and painful! Help!

Thank you! I will start taking it again ASAP.
Also I use ACV as a toner on my face. It helps clear up pimples and improves the complexion of the skin. I swear by it.

Sent from my iPhone
#127 of 252 Old 07-02-2014, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I buy the Adovia brand from Amazon-- and I use it with a Clarisonic. Hope it works for you, too. I need to order some new bars for this pregnancy.
#128 of 252 Old 07-02-2014, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
I don't know why but I'm feeling so lightheaded all of the sudden, like I might pass out. This happened yesterday around the same time. I've been eating and drinking plenty of water. Is anyone else experiencing this?
clarkey likes this.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#129 of 252 Old 07-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Yes, bren, I'm right there with you! Lightheadedness is pretty common in the first trimester, and usually attributable to low blood pressure. Which stands to reason, seeing as how we're spending every minute building a giant blood-and-nutrients reservoir in the form of the placenta. Which fact is so cool and exciting that just contemplating it is enough to make me woozy--not only are we creating a life in there, we're also growing an entirely new, purpose-built organ! I mean, what could be more astonishing?!

Point being: wonder and awe notwithstanding, it's totally normal and will fade somewhat as your placenta gets better established.

#130 of 252 Old 07-02-2014, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Thanks, Tee! So amazing and so worth the icky feeling!
#131 of 252 Old 07-02-2014, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I get lightheaded too, at random times, but also when standing up quickly. This always makes it difficult for me at church that first trimester, and just stay seated the whole time to avoid blacking out. It will pass!

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#132 of 252 Old 07-02-2014, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
@bren94 , @gabeyho Ditto on the lightheadedness. That's my least favorite symptom so far, especially when it strikes when we're closing at work. It's like, "Okay, I'll sweep back here and way under that shelf, and then I just need to go sit down for a while".
#133 of 252 Old 07-03-2014, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeyho View Post
I get lightheaded too, at random times, but also when standing up quickly. This always makes it difficult for me at church that first trimester, and just stay seated the whole time to avoid blacking out. It will pass!
Church is surprisingly rough on a pregnant lady! I had to go public with the entire servers' guild pretty early on because I serve as an acolyte some days and had to back out of that commitment for the time being. "Y'all do not want me retching on the altar, trust me." Charming! Plus now the blood pressure... Yeah, I don't know when I'm returning to that particular duty.
gabeyho likes this.

#134 of 252 Old 07-03-2014, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

I have a hard time at church, too!

#135 of 252 Old 07-03-2014, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Yesterday I finally started getting some morning nausea. Nothing much really, a total walk in the park compared to my first pregnancy (so far). I put on some Sea Bands and felt fine in a short while.

In 5 days I go for my first ultrasound. Maybe it will feel more real then? I still sometimes kind of forget I'm pregnant! Not really of course, but it has just been so easy compared to my last one that I feel pretty normal.
#136 of 252 Old 07-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Hey everyone. Been a little MIA lately with my friend's death and my symptoms are starting to get more difficult to handle lol. Went to the funeral today and almost blacked out standing in the heat.. ended up having to sit down on the grass or I was going to faint. Nausea is definitely kicking in mostly in the mornings and afternoons and I suddenly hate like 90% of what's in my kitchen so it's making eating a little more difficult. Still exhausted as well and oh my, the constipation is ridiculous. It's a good thing I love this little bean oh so much already lol.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#137 of 252 Old 07-04-2014, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Nausea has set in, though so far it's nothing compared to last time. And major, major fatigue. The nausea is worst in the middle of the night, when I get up to pee I feel too sick to go back to sleep, exacerbating the fatigue...how much longer? :/

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#138 of 252 Old 07-14-2014, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
This fatigue is not letting up! The past few days I feel as though I never fully woke up. I am so tired, but I can't fall asleep. i just lay in a completely relaxed state, conscious of things around me, but unable to open my eyes, to participate in any way.
I notice that I wake up all wide eyed, but after I eat breakfast, I'm completely zonked. 2 more weeks of 1st trimester... then hopefully the energy level will increase again! I think my husband is wondering if marriage was a bad idea... I went from being a motivated mover and groover to a lazy lump of flesh.
gabeyho and Valerie11 like this.

#139 of 252 Old 07-14-2014, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I don't know what you girls are talking about! Fatigue? Dizziness? No, nausea is the worst one. I can't wait until smells go back to normal and I can eat things and they will taste good and normal. I'm afraid to go into the bathroom because of the smell of shampoos and things that I'm not even sure what they are, but they smell terrible. And the kitchen always smells like flour/bread, but not in a good way, like a terrible way. I have never had nausea this bad in my other three pregnancies. I'm just wondering if it's twins or maybe I'm just getting older.

Three kids and one on the way.
#140 of 252 Old 07-14-2014, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie11 View Post
I don't know what you girls are talking about! Fatigue? Dizziness? No, nausea is the worst one. I can't wait until smells go back to normal and I can eat things and they will taste good and normal. I'm afraid to go into the bathroom because of the smell of shampoos and things that I'm not even sure what they are, but they smell terrible. And the kitchen always smells like flour/bread, but not in a good way, like a terrible way. I have never had nausea this bad in my other three pregnancies. I'm just wondering if it's twins or maybe I'm just getting older.
I'm sorry Hun. I hope the nausea goes soon.
About the smells... I don't think things go back to normal until right after birth. It's seriously driving me crazy. I do remember that when I was pregnant with my son my house smelled funny. It was awful . But as soon as I gave birth my normal nose returned. This weekend we are suppose to get together with a lot of family members but my nephew wears axe (sp?) and it absolutely drives me crazy and I am considering calling him and asking him to not wear that deodorant. I just don't know how I'm going to deal with it. Two weeks ago I drove myself insane. I understand how you feel!!!!
Valerie11 likes this.
#141 of 252 Old 07-14-2014, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber
This weekend we are suppose to get together with a lot of family members but my nephew wears axe (sp?) and it absolutely drives me crazy and I am considering calling him and asking him to not wear that deodorant.
I would definitely call and tell him not to wear it. And not just for pregnant women, that stuff doesn't even smell good when I'm not pregnant.

Three kids and one on the way.
#142 of 252 Old 07-14-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie11 View Post
I would definitely call and tell him not to wear it. And not just for pregnant women, that stuff doesn't even smell good when I'm not pregnant.
Yeah right? Seriously though, I think my mother in law will think I'm overreacting. I swear I can smell our neighbor's hydrangeas!
#143 of 252 Old 07-14-2014, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Happyday, I am right there with you on the fatigue. I also am not sleeping well, which is exacerbated by the full moon, but I seem to have no problem with falling asleep on the couch mid morning. It's super helpful with all the packing, cleaning , and moving we are doing this week. I am almost useless.

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#144 of 252 Old 07-15-2014, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post
Yeah right? Seriously though, I think my mother in law will think I'm overreacting. I swear I can smell our neighbor's hydrangeas!
Anybody who thinks you're overreacting to Axe clearly lacks some smell receptors. That stuff is so nasty. Blech. I fully support you calling him and asking him to lay off!

I am so, so clumsy this week. After bending to clean mud off the floor and WHACKING my behind on a chest freezer yesterday, then SLAMMING my lower arm on a bathroom stall this morning, I'm... super-excited??... to see what kinds of bruises develop. Sheesh! I'm not usually the most graceful person on the planet, but this is ridiculous!
tracyamber likes this.

#145 of 252 Old 07-15-2014, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
One word: constipated. I'm on vacation and so worried that the constipation is going to end suddenly while we are out somewhere. When it ends, it doesn't end well....

That's the worst thing I'm going through right now. Occasional nausea. And looking HUGE.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#146 of 252 Old 07-15-2014, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I have been going to bed earlier to try and not feel so tired all of the time. It doesn't seem to be working though. I have huge circles under my eyes and people have commented on how tired I look.
#147 of 252 Old 07-16-2014, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
This slooooooow digestion is not good! I am trying so hard to eat more live food throughout the day to add more enzymes to the mix....but all I can seem to do is cucumber salad! I seem not to have much of an appetite at all until night time. I am starting to add a couple of glasses of psyllium and apple juice in hopes to get things moving along. But I know more enzymes are what I need.....but damn it is so hard to eat a full meal during the day!
But I can eat 100 full nori wraps at night. Nak.
gabeyho and bren94 like this.

Mama to oneone, and a brand new!
#148 of 252 Old 07-16-2014, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I am having a serious love-hate relationship with my shower. I can't stand the smell of myself (normally not a problem!), and I'm not liking feeling dirty and greasy and sweaty. Problem is that I can't stand the smell of any of my regular cleaning products. They're really lightly scented too! I also find the smell of my wet hair makes me want to gag. Sigh. I can't wait for this one to pass. I have to psych myself up for a shower every morning
Valerie11 likes this.

Breastfeeding, cosleeping, homebirthing scientist mama to DD1 07/08, DD2 06/10 and a third on the way 02/15!

#149 of 252 Old 07-16-2014, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
The nausea has kicked up several notches for me as well and is worse than I remember. It doesn't seem to go away. All foamy soaps and hand sanitizes stink to high heavens. The supplement section of the grocery store stinks.

And my big a$$ dog has the worst smelling $hit ever. Pardon my language but I gagged this morning picking up after her and was thankful to hold on to the vitamins I had taken and mango I had eaten.

Plus I am tired and have had some pregnancy induced insomnia. Yesterday, I complained to my acupuncturist about the nausea and she suggested B-6 and magnesium supplements. I picked some up and took them before bed. I actually slept so much better. I was able to go back to sleep easily after waking to pee and didn't lie there feeling nauseous for 2 hours.

But I love the fact that I am pregnant and the baby is developing normally!!

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#150 of 252 Old 07-16-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrelet View Post
I am having a serious love-hate relationship with my shower. I can't stand the smell of myself (normally not a problem!), and I'm not liking feeling dirty and greasy and sweaty. Problem is that I can't stand the smell of any of my regular cleaning products. They're really lightly scented too! I also find the smell of my wet hair makes me want to gag. Sigh. I can't wait for this one to pass. I have to psych myself up for a shower every morning
I so understand. I just got out of the shower. A 3 minute shower and I have to seriously talk myself into taking one. Today I have a doctors appointment so I thought I should.
Valerie11 likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page