Symptoms!!!!! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
First ... 4  5  6 7  8  ... Last
February 2015 Due Date Club > Symptoms!!!!!
Valerie11's Avatar Valerie11 05:26 PM 07-16-2014
We can't really afford it, but my husband gave me the go ahead to get some more food for myself before the end of the month, so I went to Trader Joe's and bought the little frozen $3.00 meals so that each time I make them chicken I can eat one of my frozen things. So far so good. Although, sometimes I eat dinner (it's usually dinner, not lunch) and I'm fine for about an hour before it comes back up partially digested. I also got some potato and nacho cheese chips, and checked the ingredients and no hidden MSG that I could find. So, I think I must be getting a little better, because those things just seemed terrible to me about a month ago. But then, maybe my tastes have just changed. In the beginning, I picked BBQ chips, beef jerky, and tacos. Now I'm really not in the mood for those things. And I did buy them at a local health food store. I really hope my nausea goes away by the end of the first trimester. That would be lovely.

Oh, and by the way, my daughter picked out some Cherry Cider from Trader Joe's and I've been hogging it. It is the best stuff on earth. That and the nacho chips actually taste like better than they did before this whole food aversion thing. It's hard to believe that something actually tastes good!

cagnew's Avatar cagnew 05:53 PM 07-16-2014
I spoke too soon the other day. Yesterday I felt so nauseous. We were walking around the Aquarium in Gatlinburg and halfway through it hit. We walked down the strip for ice cream later and I felt so sick I couldn't even eat any ice cream (total bummer too because I've been looking forward to the ice cream there for like 2 months). Then I had to endure the mountain roads all the way back to the cabin. Today was a little better, but still a struggle. I think it's because of the constipation, to be honest. I did an enema last night and only got a little bit out. I've been drinking water all day (and peeing constantly) and I have had a few small BM's. Ugh. I can actually feel hard stuff in my intestines. Yuck.
TeeThatsMe's Avatar TeeThatsMe 06:30 PM 07-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie11 View Post
Oh, and by the way, my daughter picked out some Cherry Cider from Trader Joe's and I've been hogging it. It is the best stuff on earth. That and the nacho chips actually taste like better than they did before this whole food aversion thing. It's hard to believe that something actually tastes good!
I love that cherry cider like it's a fourth baby or something. Oh, man. Now that you've mentioned it, I am gonna have to stop for some.

@cagnew , I am so sorry! What a lousy time for the worst of it to hit. You know it's bad when you can't face ice cream. Hope it's gone for good, soon.

My nausea has been extremely slow to fade, too. Today was a pretty tough day. I'm starting to worry that it may not go away completely--typically I am done by the twelfth week, and that's tomorrow for me, so what gives? Pessimism won't help me much, though, so just gotta keep looking forward to feeling better, I guess!
tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 07:27 PM 07-16-2014
@Valerie11
Glad you might be getting over a hump. Me too, I actually had a good day today and had a jambalaya juice. Dh to gave me the go ahead as we are on a budget to, to just buy what I need to feel good and eat. About the trader joes cider, I wish you had not mentioned it. I drank that when I was pregnant with my son in 2011 right when I was feeling a bit better and then when I was completely better I couldn't touch the stuff. And to this day I cannot even smell it. Funny you are enjoying it @cagnew I'm sorry you had a hard day ugh. I felt better today and hoping it will stick but maybe it won't, hugs, how frustrating! Have you tried a still softener? @TeeThatsMe ... No don't buy it!! Just kidding you have yo read what I wrote to Valerie. Did your ms start the same time last time and need on the twelfth week? Maybe you just have a couple of more bands days and it will be over. I'm sorry. Hugs to you too!
Valerie11's Avatar Valerie11 06:54 AM 07-17-2014
cagenew, I'm sorry to hear that you're so miserable.

You guys, my husband tried that cherry cider last night and he said it was the most disgusting thing ever. Maybe it's just good to pregnant women?
dentonmidwife's Avatar dentonmidwife 08:05 AM 07-17-2014
My deodorant has quit working for me in the last week or so. I need to make more and think I will put extra stuff to not stink. Hopefully it will work. If not, I may have to try taking liquid chlorophyll to hopefully stink less.
murrelet's Avatar murrelet 09:47 AM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonmidwife View Post
My deodorant has quit working for me in the last week or so. I need to make more and think I will put extra stuff to not stink. Hopefully it will work. If not, I may have to try taking liquid chlorophyll to hopefully stink less.
I hear you! Last night my DH came to bed and cuddled me. He starting sniffing my shoulder and was like: "You smell......different".

Way to kick a pregnant lady when she's down!
honeybunmom's Avatar honeybunmom 03:48 PM 07-17-2014
Any other end of monthers just now getting into the full swing of symptoms? I'll be 8 weeks on Saturday. Anyhow, today I realized I either have nausea or low back pain. Honest to goodness, I'd rather have the back pain!! I am thankful not to have both at the same time.
knittygritty's Avatar knittygritty 05:26 PM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
Any other end of monthers just now getting into the full swing of symptoms? I'll be 8 weeks on Saturday. Anyhow, today I realized I either have nausea or low back pain. Honest to goodness, I'd rather have the back pain!! I am thankful not to have both at the same time.
I'm eight weeks today and I've been sick as a dog since my fifth week. I've been avoiding even reading this thread because it triggers my nausea. Just praying that I only have a few weeks left of feeling like this!
Valerie11's Avatar Valerie11 07:29 PM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrelet View Post
I hear you! Last night my DH came to bed and cuddled me. He starting sniffing my shoulder and was like: "You smell......different".

Way to kick a pregnant lady when she's down!
I don't think it was meant to hurt you at all, my husband said the same thing to me during my last pregnancy.

And this pregnancy I smell bad to myself, and he smells just terrible. I am unable to turn onto my side where I'm facing him at night because the smell wakes me up. But I think I'm getting better. This week I've been able to face him as long as I am not too close. I guess that makes me a bad wife, but I'm really looking forward to this smell aversion thing going away for good.
murrelet's Avatar murrelet 08:22 PM 07-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie11 View Post
I don't think it was meant to hurt you at all, my husband said the same thing to me during my last pregnancy.

And this pregnancy I smell bad to myself, and he smells just terrible. I am unable to turn onto my side where I'm facing him at night because the smell wakes me up. But I think I'm getting better. This week I've been able to face him as long as I am not too close. I guess that makes me a bad wife, but I'm really looking forward to this smell aversion thing going away for good.
It was a joke! Doesn't really come across I guess. He was very diplomatic about it. I smell gross to myself, but he says it's just different.
dentonmidwife's Avatar dentonmidwife 10:57 PM 07-17-2014
Lol! I am glad to see that it is not just me. I so know what you are taking about with DH's smell. Two babies ago, I could not stand the smell of my ex. It was only his first thing in the morning smell. He would get mad that I wouldn't get close to him because it would make me gag long after morning sickness stopped.
gabeyho's Avatar gabeyho 10:55 AM 07-18-2014
Oh, the BO! Lol! I can smell myself and everyone around me. It's really humid where we live and we are just getting done moving and when we started the other day the sun came out just long enough in the morning to make me stink about ten minutes into loading up the truck, so I got to enjoy my own stink aaaallllll the rest of the very long day.
gabeyho's Avatar gabeyho 10:58 AM 07-18-2014
And I get to go to a Trader Joes this weekend while I'm visiting family and I can't wait to get all my favorite things. It will be worth enduring the scorching heat of the valley.
honeybunmom's Avatar honeybunmom 02:18 PM 07-18-2014
My boobs ARE SO FREAKING SORE! That is all.
murrelet's Avatar murrelet 05:38 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunmom View Post
My boobs ARE SO FREAKING SORE! That is all.
Me too! I don't remember this from before! I think the first time I was just too sick to notice (or I don't remember). The second time I was still nursing and my nipples killed me, but my boobs were fine I guess because they were already in milk producing mode. This time though, I can't even brush my arm against them. Ouch!
sarahknavy's Avatar sarahknavy 07:17 PM 07-18-2014
My kids !!! I can't stand the way they smell!!

I think my heartburn is starting up.

I hate being pregnant
alivewithyou's Avatar alivewithyou 08:28 AM 07-19-2014
Holy vivid dreams.. I dreamed my dad died, I had a miscarriage, and I had to shoot my dog in the head all last night. Not really wanting to sleep now.

I am absolutely exhausted with the first trimester. I am starving all the time but nothing tastes good and I immediately get an upset stomach when I do eat. I've been feeling a lot more aches and pulls this week too.
cagnew's Avatar cagnew 09:06 AM 07-19-2014
alivewithyou: Wow! Those are some crappy dreams!

Hang in there everyone! Not too much longer and we should all be feeling much better!
sarafl 08:16 PM 07-19-2014
My knees hurt So Bad. Could that be pregnancy related? I'm on my feet and moving constantly at work, but they've never felt like this before this week.
TeeThatsMe's Avatar TeeThatsMe 07:11 AM 07-20-2014
Absolutely, @sarafl . Joints do all kinds of weird things during pregnancy. The best symptom explanation I ever received was during my first pregnancy, from a mother of two: "It's pretty much all the pregnancy. Hips hurt? Pregnant. Headache? Pregnant. Nose turns purple? In some weird way, you can probably chalk it up to being pregnant."
forestlover75's Avatar forestlover75 09:02 AM 07-20-2014
Hey Everybody,

I am new here - 9 w 5 d and have sore boobs (and itchy), pee as often as 6 times a night, seem to straddle the fence of painfully slow and annoying digestion or diarrhea (am kind of afraid I am developing milk intolerance, but there is no clear pattern so I choose denial), have crazy dreams that leave me feeling as if I haven't slept at all, and I am dealing with moderate (?) nausea w/o throwing up that can start in the late morning and go on and off all day, often feeling worse in the evening.

I have been pregnant twice before, both ending in miscarriage (@7 w this March and 10 w back in 2010), and I wasn't nauseous with either, so I welcome the queasiness (until it hits, lol) and have fingers crossed that the intense symptoms mean all is well (have first visit with midwife at 11w). I typically have a very strong sense of smell, and haven't noticed it to be any stronger (if anything weaker - is that possible?), and I don't feel overly exhausted, though I am a bit more tired than usual. But the other evening I could have sworn I was coming down with the flu - felt shaky, dizzy-ish, blunt headache, even had the chills at times. I was so tired, but my heart pounded when I tried to sleep and the nausea was ridiculous, I ended up crying a bit (making me think, this must be hormonal). The best way to describe it was "feeling really weird"- I think I may have overdone it going out to dinner with old friends (when I really wanted to be home) and been dehydrated. Luckily it subsided by early morning the next day. Anybody else experienced anything like that?

Oh, and in case it helps anyone - it seems the only thing that really helps me when I am nauseous is taking a shot of Kefir. It is a bit miraculous - to the point now when I am queasy my husband reminds me to do it. I think it may be the probiotics + protein, but wow. Also, sipping mineral water with lemon or lime gives some relief. I also have to have something in my water or I feel sick and can't drink it. Lime is best, but also diluted peppermint tea helps.

Anyway, like I said, while I whine, I am grateful and cherish any sign that things are working!

TeeThatsMe's Avatar TeeThatsMe 09:20 AM 07-20-2014
Welcome, @forestlover75 ! That's such a weird thing about early pregnancy, isn't it? Every symptom is reassuring, even as it's so difficult to get through. It's a weird feeling to be cognitively very glad something is happening while viscerally dreading it.

I am very glad your symptoms are so strong this time and looking forward to spending many more months navigating them with you.
luckiest's Avatar luckiest 01:14 PM 07-20-2014
I have a temporary reprieve from nausea the last two days, but today the nausea and fatigue are back. Ugh. I just want to sleep forever and having a feeding tube placed so I don't have to face the necessity of eating food.
dentonmidwife's Avatar dentonmidwife 02:05 PM 07-20-2014
So yesterday, I was super emotional. Fortunately all crying was done in the car and away from other people.
alivewithyou's Avatar alivewithyou 04:22 PM 07-20-2014
When does the morning sickness start to fade? I feel like I'm going insane here...
iixivboots's Avatar iixivboots 05:26 PM 07-20-2014
Even with the twins I haven't been that nauseous. I had an ultrasound last week again and they are fine. I do have other digestive upsets, though. Definitely slowed digestion, ugh.
Today I'm just feeling super depressed and overwhelmed by this pregnancy.
Valerie11's Avatar Valerie11 07:35 PM 07-20-2014
Nausea was getting better, but it's back with a vengeance. Unfortunately, my gag reflex seems to be broken, so instead of puking I just feel like I'm going to all the time.

Also took 2 naps today. I have never been able to take naps, but lately I'm getting one just about every day. Except for Sundays, I take 2 now, apparently.
murrelet's Avatar murrelet 08:53 PM 07-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
When does the morning sickness start to fade? I feel like I'm going insane here...
It seems to really depend on the person and the pregnancy. The usual answer is around 12 weeks. In my first pregnancy I got really depressed when 12 weeks came and went with no improvement in my symptoms. With that one it last until 22 weeks. Second time was a little better at 17 weeks. This time I think I might be on track for 12 weeks (knock on wood), as I've had a few good days here and there.

I'm not trying to scare you! I just wish someone had told me that it could last well into the 2nd trimester. If it gets really bad and you can't function, ask your doctor or midwife for Diclectin (Diclegis?). It's the only drug that's approved for use during pregnancy and has a long safety record.
alivewithyou's Avatar alivewithyou 09:56 PM 07-20-2014
Thanks for the honesty. Right now it just seems to be getting worse. I'm not throwing up but the constant empty stomach and nausea feeling on top of no appetite is torturous. I am tired of force feeding myself just to gag. The only positive is I find it very reassuring for the baby so I will try to hold on to that. As long as I can get some food down and fluids I'll feel okay.
First ... 4  5  6 7  8  ... Last

Up