Symptoms!!!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 111Likes

#181 of 236 Old 07-21-2014, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'm 9 weeks today (with baby #4 ). A couple weeks ago, I had a chest muscle get pulled. I wonder if that was my ribs starting to spread a bit. My organs have headed north FAST this time. It's crazy.

Nausea is my main symptom. Last week at 8 weeks exactly, I came really close to throwing up because there was jelly in the peanut butter jar. Lol. I've never thrown up due to morning sickness in my 3 previous pregnancies, but I definitely feel like I could much of the time. I'm trying to keep eating small amounts often and make sure I have plenty of protein. That helps.

Fatigue hasn't been too bad lately, though I just feel like not doing anything.

I pulled a belly muscle center front while standing up last Wednesday evening, so I'm trying to be conscious of not standing up too quickly. That belly muscle was sore the next day. Owie.

I had sore elbows a few weeks back, where straightening them hurt. That seems to have subsided.

And I'm craving salty foods. Not really wanting sugar. BOGO Klondike Bars are in my freezer, but I haven't been in the mood for the last week! That is so unlike my sugar-craving normal self.
#182 of 236 Old 07-21-2014, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I can smell everything. EVERYTHING!!! The other day, my husband couldn't smell the dirty kitchen towel bag when he was standing next to it, but I could smell it from across the room. I can't pump gas because the smell makes me gag. I thought I was going to suffocate in a musky elevator the other day; my kids thought I was nuts when they saw me holding my breath.

My sense of smell is always high in pregnancy, but never to the point of gagging! Between that and some crazy moments of getting hangry (poor DH!), I'm convinced that I'm having twins. DH is not amused. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#183 of 236 Old 07-22-2014, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
@iixivboots I'm sorry you were feeling crappy Hope things start looking up.

I'm feeling some major mama guilt right now because I'm not eating like I should be. No morning sickness yet but I've been nauseous and the mere thought of most foods makes me queasy. I can usually only force myself to eat a yogurt in the afternoon and some fruits here and there. It gets better at night though, yesterday at ate TWO gyros for dinner! DH was so sweet about it, he told me "one for you and one for baby" and I felt a little less disgusting. The RN that saw me at my first appointment made me really nervous because she told me I need to be eating 6 meals a day and there is NO way I can do that right now! Other than that I've been really sleepy but have awful insomnia, even when I take Benadryl for my persistent allergies. My boobs are crazy sore so foreplay feels like torture! (sorry for the TMI) And of course the constipation for days at a time followed by hellacious diarrhea. As whiny as I sound, I'm actually really thankful for my symptoms. I freaking love being pregnant, it's incredible.
gabeyho and TeeThatsMe like this.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#184 of 236 Old 07-22-2014, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Bren: Don't worry about the 6 meals a day. Medical professionals will tell you all kinds of things, and many times they are completely unnecessary or way overblown. For example, in the hospital, after you have the baby, they will want you to record every single diaper you change and what time. They will want you to write down every feeding and how long you fed and on what side. I've had 4 hospitals babies, at 3 different hospitals, and I've learned to just write down what they want to see regardless of what actually happens. With my first baby I was told to nurse every 2 hours for 20 minutes ON EACH SIDE. I didn't know any better so I tried. And they also told me I had flat nipples and gave me a nipples shield. Needless to say, I ended up going to formula after 2 weeks. Forcing 20 minutes on each side is ridiculous!!!!! And I didn't have flat nipples.

With baby #3 , she pooped a TON as soon as she came out. It was everywhere! So she didn't have a bowel movement again for awhile. Might have only had like 1 or 2 in the two days we were there. That freaked all the nurses out, so we started just writing whatever they wanted to see so they would leave us alone.

I guess my point is, don't stress too much about the medical "rules." Much of the time your body will lead you by instinct. Eating 2 gyro's doesn't sound crazy or disgusting to me at all.

I get nauseous the worst at night, so sex is pretty much out unless I wake up in the morning interested....

Rikki: I only see one pair of twins listed on our roll call, so the odds are pretty good that one or two of us are carrying twins but don't know it yet Maybe it's you
Rikki Jean, bren94 and TeeThatsMe like this.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 

Last edited by cagnew; 07-22-2014 at 02:53 PM.
#185 of 236 Old 07-22-2014, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
My best friend just moved into a nearby apartment complex. I swear every time that I get in the elevator, I smell fast food from somewhere. One day, it was just pickles. Another time it was specifically McDonald's fries. I get weird looks and no one else smells it.
#186 of 236 Old 07-23-2014, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Hey
I just wanted to say that I have resorted to buying protein bars. There is one called just 7 or something and just 7 ingredients... No Corn syrup or anything. This has been helpful to me as when I start to get hungry I get nauseous but I am able to just eat one of these bars and it gets me by until I can figure out what to eat. They are pretty nuetral in taste too.
Last night I was so excited to make soup in my crock pot. When I tasted it this morning I felt sick. So everyone had dinner tonight but I ate potatoes*sigh*
#187 of 236 Old 07-23-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
Thanks for the honesty. Right now it just seems to be getting worse. I'm not throwing up but the constant empty stomach and nausea feeling on top of no appetite is torturous. I am tired of force feeding myself just to gag. The only positive is I find it very reassuring for the baby so I will try to hold on to that. As long as I can get some food down and fluids I'll feel okay.
How are you feeling? Two weeks ago I got a B6 injection at the doctors. Maybe it will be helpful for you.
#188 of 236 Old 07-24-2014, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post
How are you feeling? Two weeks ago I got a B6 injection at the doctors. Maybe it will be helpful for you.
Worse. Mornings and evenings are terrible… I just gag at everything. Still haven't thrown up. It's been a little bit better now that my doctor allows me to take some ammonium for the diarrhea. My weight is starting to steadily climb back up so that makes me happy.. oddly enough. I am hoping that the light is just around the corner. If it gets too bad I'll call my doctor but i'm trying to stick it out if I can. I'm probably going to have to tell my boss at work soon though because I am just miserable in the mornings.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#189 of 236 Old 07-24-2014, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Yesterday was the worst I've felt so far. Everything at work smelled like fish(just to me, of course), too, so that didn't help anything. The smell of seafood in general has been pretty rough lately.
#190 of 236 Old 07-24-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
Worse. Mornings and evenings are terrible… I just gag at everything. Still haven't thrown up. It's been a little bit better now that my doctor allows me to take some ammonium for the diarrhea. My weight is starting to steadily climb back up so that makes me happy.. oddly enough. I am hoping that the light is just around the corner. If it gets too bad I'll call my doctor but i'm trying to stick it out if I can. I'm probably going to have to tell my boss at work soon though because I am just miserable in the mornings.
Hugs and I'm sorry you are having such a hard time!!
#191 of 236 Old 07-25-2014, 06:08 AM

I just threw up in my car. I had to go pick up a placenta to encapsulate and had to rush this morning to do so. I put off breakfast until I got home. I did do a couple tricks to help, but while I was at the last stop light before the hospital, I lost it. I was able to hold it in until I could park in a parking lot and get my door open though. I am so ready for this phase to be over. It had seemed a little better the last two days, so I had my hopes up.
#192 of 236 Old 07-25-2014, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Strong belly healing vibes to all you mamas.

I feel so fortunate not to be having any nausea....but dang am I just plain NOT motivated this week! It's progressively getting worse. I've hardly left the house all week, and I feel like gravity has increased x10, I don't feel exactly tired....just like it takes a whole pep squad and a bribe of a million dollars to get me to do anything. On the bright side, it has brought out much creativity in my kids
gabeyho likes this.

Mama to oneone, and a brand new!
#193 of 236 Old 07-25-2014, 02:21 PM

A little over 12 weeks and my symptoms are remaining stable. My boobs have shown up in the last few days...a little late to the game but here and soooo sore.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#194 of 236 Old 07-25-2014, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm 8 1/2 weeks now and my symptoms just seriously kicked up a notch or two in the last few days. I've been pretty nauseous off and on, but now it's more constant. And I barfed yesterday for the first time, on my bday, had to be my bday cake, had to be at the movie theater's public restroom. Ugh. Yuck. I'm trying not to complain, I'm just happy to have symptoms ( didn't really have any last time and ended in a loss ), but man, it's hard to look ahead at another month at least of this.

Stella, wild and gentle mama to Toby(12/14/04), Cedar(8/17/08), Luca (3/15/14), and one on the way!

Last edited by mama2toby; 07-25-2014 at 10:56 PM.
#195 of 236 Old 07-26-2014, 05:07 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Oh, Stella, it seems like almost all of us are on that path! It's not complaining. Not in this thread anyway. I hope it passes for you soon.

I'm really feeling much better (...and so so so thankful for that!!), so I started walking again this week. Just a mile or two, three times a week--I should be going out daily, but my job allows us to take an hour up to three days per week, so that's what I'm doing. Usually I walk around the building, but yesterday I got lazy and just stuck to a treadmill, which consequently meant I overdid it as I always seem to do on treadmills, and holy painful quads, Batman. Every single step is another opportunity for my legs to remind me that they hate me. I'm sorry, legs! Must remember: a) No treadmills! b) "A brisk walk" can and ought to mean something different now that my muscles are all wonky. Owwwwwwwww.
gabeyho likes this.

#196 of 236 Old 07-26-2014, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Hey
I just wanted to say that I have resorted to buying protein bars.
I do protein bars also. They really help and are easy to carry with me. I make sure I have one in my purse Sunday morning especially, because I can't make it through Bible class AND church service without eating. I get a few bites of protein bar before the service.

I also do a protein bar many mornings after my regular breakfast.

Lately, I've been feeling a lot queasier at night just before bed. Last night, I was craving a Reece's Sonic Blast, so I made my own (hanging head in shame), and believe it or not, the queasies were significantly better! It was just ice cream, raw milk (that part was healthy!), and peanut butter cups. My midwives will be shaking their heads if I tell them that makes me feel better.

Other new symptoms recently... boobs are more sore when I take my bra off now, and I'm starting to easily pull my lower belly muscle when standing up too fast. I can still turn over in bed without worrying about the round ligaments, but I know that is coming soon.

Overall, I'm just unmotivated to do much all day, and I'm ready for bed earlier and sleep in later. I'll be 10 weeks Monday. Can't wait to get out of the first trimester!
#197 of 236 Old 07-26-2014, 07:52 AM

@bosco cup
Good to know I'm not the only one.

Hey, any early February pregnancies( I'm a little over 11 weeks) actually feeling better or feeling like you made it over the peak??
I have had some good days so it makes me hopeful.
#198 of 236 Old 07-26-2014, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
@bosco cup

Hey, any early February pregnancies( I'm a little over 11 weeks) actually feeling better or feeling like you made it over the peak??
I feel like I am getting there. We had a cold this week so that didn't help a lot, but definitely have felt less drained despite being sick. The sinus drainage is not helping me not puke but I don't feel nauseated. I'm thinking in a couple more days I'll be good.
#199 of 236 Old 07-26-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
@bosco cup

I'm having more good days than bad now at 11 weeks. I am not throwing up every day and I can eat some healthy proteins instead of the carb binge I have been on. I've gained 7 pounds so far and I normally lose 10-15 first tri so I'm freaking out a little about weight gain. I was able to work out twice this week and hopefully getting back to the gym and back to protein will stop that nonsense.
Almost a third of the way there!
jodieanneanton likes this.
#200 of 236 Old 07-26-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromommy View Post
I'm having more good days than bad now at 11 weeks. I am not throwing up every day and I can eat some healthy proteins instead of the carb binge I have been on. I've gained 7 pounds so far and I normally lose 10-15 first tri so I'm freaking out a little about weight gain. I was able to work out twice this week and hopefully getting back to the gym and back to protein will stop that nonsense.
Almost a third of the way there!
I like how you worded that. A third of the wY makes it not seem too long before we meet our babies
jodieanneanton likes this.
#201 of 236 Old 07-26-2014, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by entiti View Post
Strong belly healing vibes to all you mamas.

I feel so fortunate not to be having any nausea....but dang am I just plain NOT motivated this week! It's progressively getting worse. I've hardly left the house all week, and I feel like gravity has increased x10, I don't feel exactly tired....just like it takes a whole pep squad and a bribe of a million dollars to get me to do anything. On the bright side, it has brought out much creativity in my kids

This is me right now. Not a dang thing is getting unpacked or put away by me aside from the bare essentials to function in the kitchen. I just want to sleep and lay down all day. No energy at all, and in bed by 10, which is really early for me since I'm usually a night owl.

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#202 of 236 Old 07-27-2014, 03:41 PM

Hubris! I was feeling better the last few days. Then WHAM! Nausea back full force today. I think I forgot prenatals yesterday and I had been good about taking them all week which was probably why I felt better. I am so over this. My poor kids cannot continue to subsist on ramen and pizza rolls.
I am also being plagued by the overwhelming fatigue and apathy but couples with a ridiculous inability to sleep. I am having such horrible insomnia and nightmares for the last couple weeks. This doesn't usually start up until third tri. Unacceptable!
Vent over. I took my prenatals so hopefully tomorrow will be filled with rainbows and butterflies.
#203 of 236 Old 07-27-2014, 06:07 PM

I'm wondering if I should go to the doctor because I've had cold/allergy symptoms for over 5 weeks now. Not sure what the doctor could do though. I've tried every medication I'm allowed to take and nothing works. I'm up all night coughing, my throat is now raw and really sore, and my nose is so stuffy. I have no idea what to do and it's making me miserable!!! I'm going insane.
#204 of 236 Old 07-27-2014, 06:52 PM

Bren- it wouldn't hurt to go and just get checked out. Maybe there is something they can give you that's safe and better than the OTC stuff.
TeeThatsMe likes this.

#205 of 236 Old 07-27-2014, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Seconded--if it's been this long, you want a professional opinion before you just resign yourself to staying miserable. Hope it goes away on its own, but if not, the next best thing is to figure out a way to fix it! At any rate, feel better soon.

#206 of 236 Old 07-29-2014, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
My first actual puke today.. All stomach acid. glad baby is healthy but I am exhausted.
#207 of 236 Old 07-29-2014, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I'm so sorry Alive! Puking up acid is the worst.

AFM: I'm cautiously optimistic as the last 3 days have been fairly nausea free. A little bit here and there, but not as much. Of course, I had a couple of good days last week too, and then Th/Fri/Sat were really, really awful. Here's hoping that I am actually turning a corner! It would be a record for me to be coming out of it this early, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. It's hard though. I just want to be done feeling like garbage!

Breastfeeding, cosleeping, homebirthing scientist mama to DD1 07/08, DD2 06/10 and a third on the way 02/15!

#208 of 236 Old 07-29-2014, 05:53 PM

I haven't thrown up yet but I gag at EVERYTHING. I started a new nanny job and I was changing the baby's diaper today and oh my gosh. I couldn't breathe I just kept gagging over and over. I've been changing dirty diapers since I was 7, so I know this was definitely the pregnancy talking.
#209 of 236 Old 07-29-2014, 10:18 PM

My blood sugar is so out of control right now. I have to eat almost constantly to keep it from dropping too low and making me puke. I have resorted to hard candies just to make it sometimes.
#210 of 236 Old 07-30-2014, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Had a few days of relative normalcy (so of course I felt worried), but alas yesterday the nausea and sore boobs returned along with an incessant need to yawn. No throwing up for me (sometimes I think I am going to puke and I yawn instead -haha). I always have an appetite (mostly because eating is what eases the nausea for me), but wow, that feeling of eating and being nauseous at the same time is no fun! Oh, and last night I slept through the night and didn't get up to pee (my average is 3-4 times a night usually). What a treat! But yeah, I probably need to drink more water...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page