Symptoms!!!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 111Likes

#1 of 236 Old 06-13-2014, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Symptoms!!!!!

Oh, my Gosh! 5 weeks tomorrow and the symptoms are here!

I am totally nauseated....but HUNGRY! lol.

My nipples are killing me, which is hard since I am nursing my 16 month old.

And I am having twinging pain on the left and then the right! I can usually tell which side I ovulated on and what side the egg implants, but I was trying to "not obsess" this cycle, so I don't know which side is THE side or WHY I am having twinges on both sides. Implantation? The other thing that hurts on one/both sides from stretching/growth... (I can't remember what it is called... ugh!)

And.... Forgetfulness. Which, ironically enough, I would have forgot to list if I hadn't forgotten what the thing is called ... AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN!!!!!!!!! That is it! lol.

What are you all experiencing now?

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

Last edited by jodieanneanton; 06-13-2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: I hate the new HUGE smilies, so I changed it to a small one! ;)
#2 of 236 Old 06-13-2014, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hmm... Jodie.... twins?

I still have no nausea. Just very fatigued, hungry, tender/full breasts, sensitive nipples. Other than that I feel pretty good. One of the few friends who knows I am pregnant commented that I am "glowing". So I haven't turned green and pale yet, haha! With my last pregnancy I spent weeks 6-14 looking like a malnourished vampire because I was so pale and vomiting all the time. Oh dear.
#3 of 236 Old 06-13-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieanneanton View Post
Oh, my Gosh! 5 weeks tomorrow and the symptoms are here!

My nipples are killing me, which is hard since I am nursing my 16 month old.

And I am having twinging pain on the left and then the right! I can usually tell which side I ovulated on and what side the egg implants, but I was trying to "not obsess" this cycle, so I don't know which side is THE side or WHY I am having twinges on both sides. Implantation? The other thing that hurts on one/both sides from stretching/growth... (I can't remember what it is called... ugh!)

And.... Forgetfulness. Which, ironically enough, I would have forgot to list if I hadn't forgotten what the thing is called ... AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! ROUND LIGAMENT PAIN!!!!!!!!! That is it! lol.

What are you all experiencing now?
And Jodie, did the nausea just show up all of a sudden today? I apologize if you already mentioned it elsewhere!
#4 of 236 Old 06-13-2014, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingtree View Post
And Jodie, did the nausea just show up all of a sudden today? I apologize if you already mentioned it elsewhere!
My nausea showed up slightly with milk a couple of days ago and with food yesterday.

Yikes! TWINS!?! Don't scare me like that, dreamingtree!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#5 of 236 Old 06-13-2014, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hmm... Jodie.... twins?

I still have no nausea. Just very fatigued, hungry, tender/full breasts, sensitive nipples. Other than that I feel pretty good. One of the few friends who knows I am pregnant commented that I am "glowing". So I haven't turned green and pale yet, haha! With my last pregnancy I spent weeks 6-14 looking like a malnourished vampire because I was so pale and vomiting all the time. Oh dear.
Ha ha ha! Haven't turned green yet! lol. I lost 20 lbs in my first trimester last time... I wonder what will happen this time!

#6 of 236 Old 06-13-2014, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I keep having short bouts of mild nausea, but I can't tell if it's in my head yet. I'm just 4wks and change by my LMP, so who knows when the real nausea will rear its ugly head?

My "new" symptom today was noticing my pits were super stinky. Are my hormones making me extra smelly? Or is it just regular pit smell, but an overly sensitive nose? First trimester problems.
#7 of 236 Old 06-13-2014, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I have just had the tender breast thing for the last week and a half. No nausea yet, thank goodness. I had it pretty bad with my other 3.
#8 of 236 Old 06-13-2014, 09:27 PM

Location: Driftless Region of Iowa, on a beautiful little farm.
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
I am living this nightmare every day. It's been a week now. I never had any nausea with my first pregnancy and this is killing me. I am fit and active and while I eat very wholesome foods, I've always eaten A LOT- keeps my curves while I work outside all day. Now I am constantly hungry but I can't eat. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??!!! I love food more than anything in the world. I don't want to lose any weight
#9 of 236 Old 06-14-2014, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potpie View Post
I keep having short bouts of mild nausea, but I can't tell if it's in my head yet. I'm just 4wks and change by my LMP, so who knows when the real nausea will rear its ugly head?

My "new" symptom today was noticing my pits were super stinky. Are my hormones making me extra smelly? Or is it just regular pit smell, but an overly sensitive nose? First trimester problems.
I'm right there with you with the smelly pits! I'm sure it's all the hormones and pheromones. My little boy said, "Mama, did you take a shower today? You stink."

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2finn View Post
I am living this nightmare every day. It's been a week now. I never had any nausea with my first pregnancy and this is killing me. I am fit and active and while I eat very wholesome foods, I've always eaten A LOT- keeps my curves while I work outside all day. Now I am constantly hungry but I can't eat. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??!!! I love food more than anything in the world. I don't want to lose any weight
I'm so sorry you are suffering! It is so true that every pregnancy is different isn't it? I know that a friend of mine who had that problem in all 6 of her pregnancies found that she had to keep eating to ward off the nausea. So even if you feel too nauseous to eat, keeping yourself full may help if at all possible.
momma2finn likes this.
#10 of 236 Old 06-14-2014, 04:08 AM

Quote:
My nausea showed up slightly with milk a couple of days ago and with food yesterday.

Yikes! TWINS!?! Don't scare me like that, dreamingtree!
Haha, sorry Jodie, I couldn't help myself
#11 of 236 Old 06-14-2014, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Hmm... Jodie.... twins?

I woke up last night with the horrible acid reflux heartburn that burns straight through my back. It is my own fault, I ate pizza because I was so hungry that I was making bad choices (haha, pregnancy hunger will do that to a lady.) I definitely need to be dairy free at all times because dairy gives me bad heartburn/GERD. However, I stupidly have been "cheating" lately and of course the pizza did me in. With my last pregnancy I had GERD so bad I couldn't swallow water and ended up having to get fluids several times in the hospital. I went on Prilosec for the remainder of the pregnancy. I think that's what is going to happen again this time.

Funny story.... when I woke up with the heartburn at 1:45am last night, I realized that my dog, who is a cuddle bug, had done his fish butt thing directly on my shirt. Don't know about fish butt? Some dogs get their anal glands too full and then it randomly comes out and reeks of rotten fish. You can't really see it, but man you can smell it. It is so gross. He is going to the vet immediately to resolve this issue.

So, a shower in the middle of the night had to happen as well. Pregnant and covered in fish butt. Thanks, dog.
#12 of 236 Old 06-14-2014, 05:52 AM

Location: Driftless Region of Iowa, on a beautiful little farm.
Quote:

So, a shower in the middle of the night had to happen as well. Pregnant and covered in fish butt. Thanks, dog.
Not a pleasant way to spend the night. Oh, dog shenanigans!

I know what you mean about keeping a full stomach anyway, but man is it hard. Everything I look at I think, "I am either going to get heartburn or feel like expelling this." It makes me feel like a two year old- I just can't compute the logic so I revert to not eating anything!
Sorry to hear about the massive heartburn problem- I DID have that with my first pregnancy, but I just avoided citrus and tomatoes and was ok. I hope your heartburn doesn't give you as much trouble this go-round.

How's everyone else doing today?
#13 of 236 Old 06-14-2014, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Funny story.... when I woke up with the heartburn at 1:45am last night, I realized that my dog, who is a cuddle bug, had done his fish butt thing directly on my shirt. Don't know about fish butt? Some dogs get their anal glands too full and then it randomly comes out and reeks of rotten fish. You can't really see it, but man you can smell it. It is so gross. He is going to the vet immediately to resolve this issue.

My pug gets super stinky sweat when it's hot out and today she came in from outside and I went running for the toilet. And she just kept following me around! Her stinkiness is going to do me in this pregnancy.
I am merely at mild nausea stage with occasional dry heaves. The vomiting and horrible nausea usually doesn't hit til 6 weeks. One week away.
#14 of 236 Old 06-14-2014, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Oh, boy, the nausea. The nausea, the nausea, the nausea. We haven't told our kids about the pregnancy yet, and they do not understand WHAT is up with their weird, weird mommy, because I am KNOCKED. OUT. I feel so bad because I do okay (or at least keep it together) during the work day and then, predictably, it hits hard during the commute home and then when I arrive--to sweet children eager to see me, and sweet husband who's been taking care of them all day--I go straight to bed. That has been the pattern all this week. At least today I got to take them to a friend's house and out for lunch, but the minute we got home, WHAM, Mom needed a nap. They're currently starting Family Movie Night without me because I'm still marshaling the resources to go in there and sit in the middle of all the food smells.

Off I go to watch The Incredibles and maybe even eat dinner with my family... Wish me luck!

(Edited--twice--because my phone's autocorrect is on some kind of rampage, sorry!)

Last edited by TeeThatsMe; 06-14-2014 at 04:59 PM.
#15 of 236 Old 06-14-2014, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Tee, How was the movie? Did you make it through without losing your cookies!?

potpie, dreamingtree, I smell bad, too. I hope it is just my nose as it is super sensitive to smells. I have to take the garbage out when it is 1/3 of the way full cuz of the TERRIBLE SMELL that no one else notices. And... to make matters worse, my hubby, God bless him, got scented garbage bags. Those do NOT go with pregnancy and are smelling up my whole kitchen. I am trying to decide if I should put them in the attic for the rest of the pregnancy or just grin and bear it. But, If it is in the attic, there is a chance I will smell them in my bedroom due to super nose and that would be worse! lol.

I have been having heartburn, too. I didn't get it with my boy pregnancy, but did with my girls... So, maybe girl? lol. I don't know. And I won't until the birthday! So much time to wonder!

#16 of 236 Old 06-15-2014, 05:42 AM

The movie was good, Jodie--although next time I'm putting my foot down and refusing to watch in the kitchen with all the cooking smells. And my husband still needs some re-training on not *suggesting* things like "Do you need to go throw up?" when I groan and walk out of the room... Don't MENTION it, that just makes it worse!!

Oh my gosh, my husband got scented garbage bags in my first trimester during... I think it was my first pregnancy? And I had the exact same experience! Torture! I say definitely stick those up in the attic, or... well, personally, I really appreciate Freecycle. I've noticed that if I have an especially traumatic experience with a smell or taste during pregnancy, it takes me years to get over it--so just get those nasty things out of your house altogether, would be my vote!

#17 of 236 Old 06-15-2014, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I don't even like scented garbage bags when I am not pregnant. Yuck.

My sense of smell is heightened too. It happens with every pregnancy. Funny thing is that my DHs sense of smell heightens too. Sympathy smells? It cracks me up!
jodieanneanton and gzornblat like this.
#18 of 236 Old 06-15-2014, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi all! Not been online much, sorry. For those experiencing nausea, have you tried Sea Bands? Accupressure wrist bands, finding them helpful....
#19 of 236 Old 06-15-2014, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Heartburn, already! I'm with those who are experiencing this. I had it with my first two pregnancies (both boys, Jodie), but later on... much later on. I thought I was just creating this sensation in my mind... Guess it's an early symptom...

Aside from the occasional heartburn, I'm EXHAUSTED by the end of the day. Totally wiped out. I'm a tree worker (among other physical things), so my body is typically primed for a long day of physical labor, but... these past weeks, man, even walking up the stairs leaves me feeling exhausted.

I was pregnant in the beginning of the year, and this happened during that trimester, too. One more marker that I'm aging! I had my first two in my late teens and early 20's, and had the energy of a young adult. This time around, I'm greatly looking forward to the first trimester to be over!
#20 of 236 Old 06-15-2014, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Funny thing is I just sense an oddness in my being. I don't feel sick or anything. Perfect in fact , besides the sore sore large breasts.
I will be posting symptoms soon I'm sure!!

Oh but my pee smells so strong from the moment I got my positive,
Margaret27 likes this.

Last edited by tracyamber; 06-15-2014 at 09:01 PM.
#21 of 236 Old 06-16-2014, 05:13 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
My boobs are already starting to hurt less. I have started peeing every 5 minutes though. My sense of smell has increased too. Cigarette smoke is really starting to bother me. Almost all the neighbors that I hang out with in my apartment complex smoke too.
#22 of 236 Old 06-16-2014, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone on her second or third pregnancy? This one is totally different from my two boys. I do NOT remember being this sick with either of them, but I'm nauseous at least part of every day. And ALWAYS feel like I have vertigo, or seasickness. And about to gag. Wondering if that means this is a girl...

I second the stinkyness, the hurty nipples (bfing my 21mo still), and the being hungry all the time!!!!
happyday8598 likes this.
#23 of 236 Old 06-16-2014, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Sooooo tired over here. I keep envisioning the rapid cellular division and realizing it's time for a nap, right now! I feel like superman with my ability to smell right now, the lilacs are amazing, the dog breath, is not.
#24 of 236 Old 06-16-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Jenn, this is my 3rd. First two were both boys, and I had no nausea with either one of them. This time around I feel nauseous at least once a day. I've not gotten sick, but just feel really queasy. I'm thinking girl, too, just by the difference in how my body is reacting to this pregnancy.
Time will tell, but I'll buy into your philosophy! Perhaps more out of wishful thinking? But my intuition really does feel a little feminine seed is developing.
#25 of 236 Old 06-16-2014, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I am having crazy dreams. I always do during pg, but I'm usually caught off guard anyway. DH and I saw the new X-Men movie on Sunday, and then I dreamed that my 6 y/o was in the X-Men, and DH and I were building things for them (like they really needed our help, lol!).

This morning, I dreamed that there was a bright red dinosaur in my yard, trying to get into the house. I think it may have been an ankylosaurus (dinosaurs are a big deal at my house; my kids are obsessed), although at one point, I thought it was a dragon. I kept trying to call 911, but my phone wouldn't recognize the number. It kept calling random people from Facebook, instead. I finally asked Siri to call 911, and she said, "I don't recognize that number. Try dialing 4+5, the two least used numbers." I did that, but got some non-emergency line that wanted to spend twenty minutes "getting me registered." Then my 4 y/o kept opening the door, and the dinosaur was trying to come in. My kids thought opening the door was really funny. The dinosaur somehow got our security door open, and was trying to knock down the interior door. I looked over, and now the lady from the phone was standing in my family room, saying, "I thought you said your door was closed!" Then I woke up. So weird!

I'm also incredibly clumsy. I'm usually clumsy, but this is ridiculous. I was at he grocery store last night, and I knocked down a bottle of dish soap from the top shelf. It busted open on the floor and spilled everywhere. I was embarrassed, but the guy who came to clean it up was very gracious. About three minutes later, I was looking at ice cream, and one went flying out of my hand and onto the ground. It didn't break, thankfully, but an employee came out of an aisle and said, "Are you okay?" I wanted to say, "I swear I'm not drunk, just pregnant!"

When I was pg with one of my other kids, I remember an incident early on where I couldn't keep my keys in my hand. I was talking to someone, and in a matter of two minutes, I dropped my keys at least ten times. We were keeping the pg under wraps still, but I almost blurted out, "I'm so clumsy when I'm pregnant!"

Don't throw things at me, but I'm not stinky. In fact, I almost never have to wear deodorant during pregnancy. I am religious about cal/mag intake during pg, so I think that me part of it, since magnesium deficiency can cause body odor.

That said, a sign of labor for me is that I suddenly wreak. When I was in labor with my second, I couldn't get over how bad my pits smelled! It didn't seem to let up for weeks, maybe months. I found it kind of fascinating and annoying at the same time.

My nose is working on overtime, though. I smell everything!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jodieanneanton likes this.

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#26 of 236 Old 06-16-2014, 04:04 PM

Rikki, you totally cracked me up with your Dino dream!!!! Lol!!!!

All I want to eat is junk food. And meat. I feel nauseous most of the day and the only thing that helps is to eat. I don't remember feeling this way before. This is the first time I've nursed while pg so maybe that's it. Whatever the reason I hope it passes before I gain a ton of weight.
#27 of 236 Old 06-16-2014, 05:46 PM

Junk, junk, junk. I totally hear you, cagnew--me too. I've been stopping at the store for "emergency pastries." It's horrible! And I think I'm going to have to go back to eating red meat (generally I stick with poultry and fish) until this passes, because if pork is the ONLY thing that seems good... Well, fine, I'm really sorry, Babe the talking pig, but I'm eating the pork. :/

Rikki, your dream was SO involved, I'm impressed! I'm having really intense and emotional dreams too, but I don't remember them half as well as that.

Here is a TMI question about sensitivity to smell:

No kidding, TMI ahead, quit reading now if you want to skip it! :

How am I supposed to tell whether my vaginal odor is *really* way out of whack, or normal and my hypersensitive nose is blowing things all out of proportion? I mean, seriously, do I just ask my husband to take a big sniff and let me know or what? This is the goofiest question ever, but if there IS something odoriferous going on, probably better to know for sure, right? (...Ew.)
#28 of 236 Old 06-16-2014, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I have super nose powers too. That is actually bothering me more than the slight sickness. It doesn't help that I have had puking kids for a week so all I can smell is vomit, nasty diapers, and tide. Even these clean clothes make me want to wash something. I need to get something more mild for just our regular clothes. Gotta keep the tide for the Diapers though.

Tee- I think I just get some lady wet wipes to use and be on the safe side. If you still feel smelly then maybe ask.

I am hoping my boobs firm up soon. I just recently weaned, and I am looking forward to pregnancy boobs.
momma2finn likes this.
#29 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter

Tee, Smells change when you are pregnant. It's true. I think you would be able to tell if there was a smell that indicated a problem (i.e. infection). You could ask your DH if you wanted, but I would do it in an incognito way. "Hey can you smell me?" might be weird to a guy. What about AFTER being intimate, like an hour or more later ask, "My body smells different to me lately. Did you notice me smelling different or is it just my crazy pregnant nose?"

#30 of 236 Old 06-17-2014, 06:06 AM

It hasn't happened yet, but I tend to start smelling like a nursing home (a not-so-nice nursing home) "down there" during pregnancy. My DH has never complained about it, so maybe it's just me? Either way, it totally grosses me out.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page