End of the day BLOAT! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By honeybunmom
  • 1 Post By cagnew
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 14 Old 06-19-2014, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter
 
happyday8598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Western MA
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
End of the day BLOAT!

Wow! It's amazing! I wake up in the morning with my regular tummy, but by the time dinner is done, my belly is so bloated and uncomfortable. I seriously look months along. Next morn, I wake up normal again.
Today is especially obvious and uncomfortable...

Who's with me on this? Aside from not eating, how do I curb this?!
happyday8598 is offline  
#2 of 14 Old 06-19-2014, 06:01 PM
 
cagnew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BFE, AL
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Lucky! I wake up looking bloated.... I was just complaining about this on the symptoms thread

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
cagnew is online now  
#3 of 14 Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 PM
 
dentonmidwife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I am having the same thing and a desperate need to fart and can't. I know not is because I have had gluten lately.
dentonmidwife is offline  
#4 of 14 Old 06-20-2014, 08:48 AM
 
Valerie11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 223
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Before this pregnancy, I was drinking warm lemon water every morning for many reasons, but one of the benefits was that it kept things very regular (easily). I would put a kettle of water on the stove, then cut a lemon in half and use a lemon squeezer to put the juice into a glass, fill the glass a little more than half full (so about 6 oz?) and when the water was boiling, add about an inch of water to the top if off. Then drink it down and wait at least 15 minutes before eating, drinking or doing anything else.

Unlike some, I did not use cayenne pepper in it, just the lemon and water. According to a friend of the family who is a nutritionist and currently in a naturopathic medical school, this is supposed to be good for just about every organ. It cleans your liver and kidneys and also cleans out the digestive track, safely. But, good luck getting me to do that until the nausea subsides. I'm afraid of what would happen at the moment.
Valerie11 is online now  
#5 of 14 Old 07-06-2014, 09:35 PM
 
tracyamber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,528
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I'm experiencing the same. Anyone have any idea why I would be bloated at night time?
tracyamber is offline  
#6 of 14 Old 07-07-2014, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter
 
happyday8598's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Western MA
Posts: 541
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I'm guessing it's just the end of the day. Digestion slows during pregnancy, so all that food is still processing itself down.

happyday8598 is offline  
#7 of 14 Old 07-07-2014, 05:33 AM
 
cagnew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BFE, AL
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
The funny thing about bloat is how big you can look without gaining a pound. I've lost a pound or two, but my stomach looks gigantic by the end of the day. Seriously, last night I was trying on a maternity maxi dress I ordered from Target, and my tummy was the perfect size to try it on. I looked 5 months preggo.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
cagnew is online now  
#8 of 14 Old 07-07-2014, 10:21 AM
 
tracyamber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,528
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post
The funny thing about bloat is how big you can look without gaining a pound. I've lost a pound or two, but my stomach looks gigantic by the end of the day. Seriously, last night I was trying on a maternity maxi dress I ordered from Target, and my tummy was the perfect size to try it on. I looked 5 months preggo.
I am experiencing the same. Is this your first child? This will be my second .
tracyamber is offline  
#9 of 14 Old 07-07-2014, 03:00 PM
 
honeybunmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,739
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Today, at work, I was told I am clearly showing. I am 6wks 2 days. Really??? And this was around noon. Bloat is real.
TeeThatsMe likes this.

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
honeybunmom is offline  
#10 of 14 Old 07-08-2014, 06:15 AM
 
cagnew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BFE, AL
Posts: 1,218
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
tracy: No, this will be #5 for me
tracyamber likes this.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
cagnew is online now  
#11 of 14 Old 07-08-2014, 10:07 AM
 
TeeThatsMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: DC
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Do y'all experienced mothers of several children find that you're bloating more than you used to? This is my third, and it seems that with each successive pregnancy, my body simply finds itself ready to "look pregnant" earlier and earlier. I remember the same thing happening with my cousin--by six weeks along with her third, she was already out of her usual clothes--and my friend who has four told me the same thing about being pregnant with her youngest. Any truth to this, anecdotal or otherwise?


Last edited by TeeThatsMe; 07-08-2014 at 10:15 AM.
TeeThatsMe is online now  
#12 of 14 Old 07-08-2014, 10:31 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie11 View Post
Before this pregnancy, I was drinking warm lemon water every morning for many reasons, but one of the benefits was that it kept things very regular (easily). I would put a kettle of water on the stove, then cut a lemon in half and use a lemon squeezer to put the juice into a glass, fill the glass a little more than half full (so about 6 oz?) and when the water was boiling, add about an inch of water to the top if off. Then drink it down and wait at least 15 minutes before eating, drinking or doing anything else.

Unlike some, I did not use cayenne pepper in it, just the lemon and water. According to a friend of the family who is a nutritionist and currently in a naturopathic medical school, this is supposed to be good for just about every organ. It cleans your liver and kidneys and also cleans out the digestive track, safely. But, good luck getting me to do that until the nausea subsides. I'm afraid of what would happen at the moment.
I do the same every morning: just lemon juice with warm water. It's great way to help your stomach! Advice to all to try it;-)
Gingerjv is offline  
#13 of 14 Old 07-08-2014, 12:14 PM
 
jodieanneanton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,329
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeThatsMe View Post
Do y'all experienced mothers of several children find that you're bloating more than you used to? This is my third, and it seems that with each successive pregnancy, my body simply finds itself ready to "look pregnant" earlier and earlier. I remember the same thing happening with my cousin--by six weeks along with her third, she was already out of her usual clothes--and my friend who has four told me the same thing about being pregnant with her youngest. Any truth to this, anecdotal or otherwise?
I found that to be true for baby # one through three...but this time, I am not showing at all. Maybe cuz I am losing weight? Weirdness.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 
 
jodieanneanton is online now  
#14 of 14 Old 07-08-2014, 02:27 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is my first and I am extremely bloated! My best friend speculated at barely 7 weeks that I was PG even before I told her! My posture is jacked up anyway and my lumbar spine tips downwards so I guess my insides poke out more? >.<

I don't mind the bloating.. It's the constant HUNGER pains that is getting me down!! Every 1.5 hours... My metabolism has gone wild.
Yasmina is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off