Recipes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

Old 06-19-2014, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Recipes

Sounds like there's some great tricks for eating deliciously well that are floating around conversations (I can't wait to try the chocolate squares.and butter buttons I read about, wishing I remembered where those were/who posted them, will seek out after...) Thanks for the great inspirations, thought it might be nice to have a thread to put all those suggestions in one place for snack attack time! Here's my current favorite breakfast:
GRAIN FREE BANANA PANCAKES
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- butter
Mush the banana as much as possible, whip in the eggs. Fry in good butter (or whatever you like, coconut oils good too), top with whatever you fancy :
Ideas:
Sweet: maple syrup, honey, fruit, yogurt, choc chips, peanut butter
Savory:sour cream with dill and salmon, curry mixed into cottage cheese
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2014, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
PicklinQueen,

We seriously love grain-free pancakes! We love all varities of pancakes, so I thought I'd share my veggie fritter "recipe".

2 cups sauteed veggies (I used finely chopped broccoli, finely chopped cauliflower, shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, chopped spinach)
1 cup shredded cheese (I used 2 handfuls parmesan, 1 handful cheddar, so let's call that 1 cup)
4 eggs
1/2-1 cup sprouted flour (or almond could work to stay grain free)
Seasoning (I used garlic, thyme, and basil) and sea salt

Combine everything in a bowl. You want it to stick together well- not too wet or too dry. Fry in butter or bacon grease (I use great bacon, so I keep the rendered grease and use that) for about 4 minutes or so each side. I make mine small-about 1/8 cup of batter per fritter.

My kids pig out on these because they see pancakes. They don't even bother to sift out the veggies. We love garlic aioil in our house, so we serve them with that. And if I'm making them as a meal, I put on over-easy egg on top.

There are endless variations--use curry powder and top with chutney. Use Italian seasonings and only parmesan and top with marinara. I freeze the leftovers for quick snacks.

User Tag List