Weekly Chat 6/23-6/29 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2 3  4 
February 2015 Due Date Club > Weekly Chat 6/23-6/29
cagnew's Avatar cagnew 10:28 AM 06-25-2014
I ate a bunch of broccoli last night. It tasted so good and wasn't the typical sugary crap I've been eating. I overdid it though and my stomach was upset all night and it's still not right.

I had a crazy dream that I went for my ultrasound and they found triplets. It was so real! I'll never have triplets (odds are like 1 in 1,000,000 or something like that), but I think if I did, the ultrasound would go down just like in my dream and I would react the same way.

It was a bad sleep night and I am really having a hard time today. Putting the kids down for an early nap. Hope I can sleep without having to pee every 15 minutes!

Valerie11's Avatar Valerie11 12:05 PM 06-25-2014
Broccoli sounds kind of good right now. Like, crisp broccoli.
jodieanneanton's Avatar jodieanneanton 12:21 PM 06-25-2014
I am putting broccoli in my casserole tonight... I hope it stays what I want and I don't "contaminate" the casserole with something I won't be able to stomach later. lol. I have noticed that I have to be careful not to eat "too much" which is hard because I am hungrier than I can stomach at one time (if that makes sense).
@bren94 I JUST started liking avocado about 2 months before my BFP! haha! Then I had a "bad experience" with it around 5 weeks pg. I should try again. Maybe it will help me, too!
bren94's Avatar bren94 12:35 PM 06-25-2014
My "cravings" have gone from red velvet cake to pork rinds in a matter of minutes. I don't even like pork rinds! Now I'm starting to crave more veggies so that's good.
murrelet's Avatar murrelet 12:50 PM 06-25-2014
It's funny, I never usually get super strong cravings until later. Lots, and lots of aversions though. I think I usually survive on peanut butter toast, cheese and crackers, and pasta in the first tri. Oh, and chocolate milk. Somehow that always hits the spot and the protein makes me feel better momentarily. Later on I expect more actual cravings. The first time around was pineapple, I think I ate at least 1 a week after about 24 weeks. The second time was oranges. I seem to have a citrus theme. I wonder what it will be this time?

Eat the pork rinds @bren94 ! Eat all the pork rinds
jodieanneanton's Avatar jodieanneanton 01:32 PM 06-25-2014
mmmm.... red velvet cake!
murrelet's Avatar murrelet 01:36 PM 06-25-2014
Oh, I forgot! It's my birthday today!

I'm having a hard time concentrating at work today too. Hooray nausea, birthday, and sleepiness trifecta!
PicklinQueen's Avatar PicklinQueen 02:05 PM 06-25-2014
Hey, broccoli must be the theme of the week! I scarfed down two heads of it last night, doused in butter and lemon. Loved the taste, not the after effects. Today cravings have won out: dumped the smoothie in favor of salty greasy delicious diner takeout, turned up nose at lovely yogurt snack and pounced on Moxie and corn nuts. Mmmmmmm. Everything healthy I packed tastes noxious and bitter: the plums, the squash, the yogurt...
bren94's Avatar bren94 02:11 PM 06-25-2014
Happy Birthday, @murrelet ! Hope it's been lovely! Work is dragging by for me, I wish I could take a nap on the floor just for a bit
TeeThatsMe's Avatar TeeThatsMe 02:42 PM 06-25-2014
Happy birthday to you, @murrelet !

Every pregnancy makes me absolutely WILD for canned tuna salad. It became a ritual with the first two, and I expect it will again this time: All week I sit around waiting for my one allotted can. Tuna melt, plain cold tuna fish sandwich, I don't care, I want that tuna. It's ridiculous.

I just had a couple of Ritz crackers and now all I want to do is eat the entire sleeve.

Going to head to the store, though, and pick up some avocados--thanks for the suggestion, @bren94 ! Go figure, even those have been victim to aversions/cravings today; earlier today when I read the suggestion, I was like, "Oh, no, nothing could be worse, I could never eat an avocado," and now, mere hours later, I'm thinking that it sounds like a FANTASTIC idea. With salt. Yes, please. I don't even know, y'all.
jodieanneanton's Avatar jodieanneanton 03:03 PM 06-25-2014
haha @TeeThatsMe , I just came on to tell @bren94 that red velvet cake now sounds gross. lol. The broccoli is cooking, so we shall see!
bren94's Avatar bren94 03:08 PM 06-25-2014
@jodieanneanton Haha, the thought of red velvet cake currently repulses me. I've moved on to pickles. I feel like I need to eat something either really sour or really spicy.

@PicklinQueen You are pure EVIL for describing that omelette in the other thread! I'm practically drooling over here...
jodieanneanton's Avatar jodieanneanton 03:43 PM 06-25-2014
Omelettes are the ONLY thing that is routinely delicious to me.
momma2finn's Avatar momma2finn 07:22 PM 06-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrelet View Post
Oh, I forgot! It's my birthday today!

I'm having a hard time concentrating at work today too. Hooray nausea, birthday, and sleepiness trifecta!
Happy Birthday!!!!
momma2finn's Avatar momma2finn 07:27 PM 06-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieanneanton View Post
Omelettes are the ONLY thing that is routinely delicious to me.
Yep. I'm pretty much on a routine diet of scrambled eggs with kale wrapped in a tortilla. It's a good thing we keep our girls around to lay me all the eggs I can eat.

DH is all, "Honey, I am a TRAINED chef, I can make you anything and you want eggs?!?"

Had our interview with the hospital midwife today. I really liked her. A lot. DH says I'm too trusting, but I just really felt her goodness. Does that make sense?
Valerie11's Avatar Valerie11 07:45 PM 06-25-2014
Happy Birthday, Murrelet!

It's not so much "what am I craving?" as it is "what can I possibly stand right now?" I'm afraid to drink a lot of water for fear it will come back up, so I've been eating fruits today since I feel dehydrated.
alivewithyou's Avatar alivewithyou 09:51 PM 06-25-2014
Ew.. eggs *barf* Even before pregnancy I couldn't stand the smell of eggs, but now.. ew.

I am on the broccoli train though I went through a whole head of it already this week. I like to dip it in ranch.. which probably takes away the healthy side of it but my diet is very low in fat so a little fat is probably good for me. I've also noticed a new liking for milk and I usually never drink it.
gzornblat's Avatar gzornblat 09:58 PM 06-25-2014
@murrelet Happy Birthday! I hope that in between the nausea and sleepiness you were able to have a lovely day.
@momma2finn I know what you mean about just knowing about your hospital midwife. I have a theory that during pregnancy, just as our noses become more sensitive, I feel like we are also able to pick up on subtle cues in the people around us. I always feel like my intuition is more accurate when I am pregnant. I am glad you liked her.

As for me, I am frustrated at the arbitrariness of the morning sickness and aversions. Before my MS kicked in I was actually eating better than I had in ages, not craving junk and gravitating towards veggies and things. Then, BAM! the only thing half the time that I feel like I can stomach is Moose Tracks ice cream and Toaster Streudels! And the mere thought of a veggie has me clutching at my mouth and trying to not have to run to the bathroom. How is that fair!? Looking forward to the end of the first trimester when I can try and get my eating back on track and in the meantime trying to be greatful for the reassurance that the MS provides that everything is progressing like it should
PicklinQueen's Avatar PicklinQueen 04:54 AM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
@jodieanneanton Haha, the thought of red velvet cake currently repulses me. I've moved on to pickles. I feel like I need to eat something either really sour or really spicy.

@PicklinQueen You are pure EVIL for describing that omelette in the other thread! I'm practically drooling over here...

Sorry... 😋 I'll put a Greasy deliciousness warning on next time!😉

@murrelet happy belated birthday 🎆🎉🎁🎈
happyday8598's Avatar happyday8598 06:00 AM 06-26-2014
Pad Thai, root beer floats and grapes do it for me these days.
Pad Thai started before I knew, and the quantity that I can eat of it is ridiculous!

I haven't had a root beer float in probably 10 or more years, and I've had 3 this past week! And even thinking about it at 8am is getting me to salivate and WANT!!! Hubby asked that I buy a "better" root beer, without high fructose corn syrup. No problem, I say... And have a hard time finding one that doesn't have any in it... Root beer!!? Isn't that one of the most original natural sodas? Bummed... But Polar came through in the end...

Eggs... Blah! I go through cycles of loving them and hating them, but these days... not a chance!
bren94's Avatar bren94 07:13 AM 06-26-2014
Dreaming of soft serve coconut ice cream.
TeeThatsMe's Avatar TeeThatsMe 08:06 AM 06-26-2014
If you all are going to keep constantly posting about delicious food that I have no way of getting at work, I am going to insist that everybody start using "delicious, unattainable food ahead" spoiler tags.

Just kidding.

Mostly.
jodieanneanton's Avatar jodieanneanton 08:10 AM 06-26-2014
@bren94 . You make me giggle.

In case those HATING milk, like me, want to know.... Starbucks now is serving coconut milk and it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got it steamed with vanilla syrup because I also don't like coffee right now. SOOOOO Good. It will surely tide me over until I start liking milk again in 12-14 weeks!

You might be wondering, "Why go to Starbucks if you hate milk and coffee??" You ask a valid question. I was there meeting a fellow doula to discuss fun things like transition and placenta encapsulation. I did suggest that locale, forgetting for a moment that pregnant Jodie hates coffee and milk (until about 20 weeks). I was reminded when I walked in... I thought... 'Oh no! What do I do?' Then, I remembered the coconut milk announcement. The experience that followed was pure magic.
murrelet's Avatar murrelet 09:30 AM 06-26-2014
Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone!
bren94's Avatar bren94 10:38 AM 06-26-2014
@jodieanneanton That sounds amazing right now.

Sorry to get off of the food topic but are there any WAHMs in this group? I'm quitting my job to be a SAHM but hate the idea of making DH be our sole provider while he's trying to get his business off the ground, so I've been looking for work from home jobs but they all look like scams.
murrelet's Avatar murrelet 10:41 AM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodieanneanton View Post
@bren94 . You make me giggle.

In case those HATING milk, like me, want to know.... Starbucks now is serving coconut milk and it is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got it steamed with vanilla syrup because I also don't like coffee right now. SOOOOO Good. It will surely tide me over until I start liking milk again in 12-14 weeks!

You might be wondering, "Why go to Starbucks if you hate milk and coffee??" You ask a valid question. I was there meeting a fellow doula to discuss fun things like transition and placenta encapsulation. I did suggest that locale, forgetting for a moment that pregnant Jodie hates coffee and milk (until about 20 weeks). I was reminded when I walked in... I thought... 'Oh no! What do I do?' Then, I remembered the coconut milk announcement. The experience that followed was pure magic.
mmmmmm. I might have to get a vanilla soy milk (or coconut if they have it at my location). I *have* to go to Starbucks to pick up food for lunch today anyway since I failed to pack much this morning. Can't face the thought of the cafeteria food, but the Starbucks black bean quinoa wrap sounds just about right
PicklinQueen's Avatar PicklinQueen 10:45 AM 06-26-2014
I was a WAHM for my son's first two yeaars: self employed as a graphic designer though. This time around, am dropping to three days/week from full timein July, then as there is no maternity leave for part timers at my job, will be quitting in mid January. I'm currently building up a range of hand printed products (tea towels, upcycled clothes, swaddled cloths etc.) and building name recognition of my brand through local sales between now and the fall, am hoping to be WAHM selling my artwork/artisianlly produced goods for a few years after baby is born. I plan on using Etsy, and selling at local stores, as well as doing craft fairs etc.We'll see how it pans out, am nervous about having "making art" be my work plan, but feel that if its approached as a business it should be ok.
bren94's Avatar bren94 03:07 PM 06-26-2014
@PicklinQueen If only I had the patience for that! I was making candles with DH for a while but we burned out quick. No pun intended lol
momma2finn's Avatar momma2finn 03:25 PM 06-26-2014
Ugh. Today at work I bought a root beer and loved the first sip. Then the second sip was ok. The third was horrid. So at lunch I was craving a milkshake. The first sip was INCREDIBLE. I drank a quarter of it, then made my self drink half. I eat pretty healthy, but I like my junk food. I have never, ever, ever in my life not finished a milkshake. THis one went down the drain with the root beer when I left the office.
I hate wasting good ice cream.

Also this:

Quote:
Dreaming of soft serve coconut ice cream.
Truer words were never spoken. Betcha I'd eat two bites and want it out of my sight though. Today kinda sucks. Phooey.
Valerie11's Avatar Valerie11 04:23 PM 06-26-2014
Quote:
Sorry to get off of the food topic but are there any WAHMs in this group?
With my first two children, I worked at home selling on eBay, but that wouldn't be feasible now for what I was selling because the fees and shipping prices have increased pretty dramatically. I just quit my job a few weeks ago to get a better work/life balance not realizing I would get pregnant right after doing so. My plan was to maybe do some photography for less than a true professional photographer even though I've only done product photography and the only portrait experience is playing around at family gatherings. But then just did a wedding for an aunt and they came out so great that I thought maybe I could do it from time to time to help out people who don't have a ton of money for photography, but want decent photos. Also, just built a spreadsheet for a former co-worker's husband who runs a business and needed someone who had more time than he did to build it and that was lucrative, though it was a one time deal. I'm still thinking of things. I'm considering learning some coding/programming languages while I'm at home and maybe get some certifications since I'm looking at another 6 years until this one is in kindergarten. Even if we do put kids in daycare, it's a lot of kids in daycare and I just don't know how good an idea that is.
1  2 3  4 

Up