Weekly Chat 6/23-6/29 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

#61 of 93 Old 06-26-2014, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
I do freelance event and portrait photography but it's becoming so common, everyone has a photographer friend nowadays lol. I might keep at it after baby is born. I'll just have to tote her along with me!
#62 of 93 Old 06-26-2014, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bren94 View Post
I do freelance event and portrait photography but it's becoming so common, everyone has a photographer friend nowadays lol. I might keep at it after baby is born. I'll just have to tote her along with me!
@bren94 HER?????? Got some premonitions going on? I am about to post about mine over in a new thread about dreams!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#63 of 93 Old 06-26-2014, 04:58 PM

I'm feeling a baby girl!
jodieanneanton and gzornblat like this.
#64 of 93 Old 06-26-2014, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm feeling a baby girl!
I keep doing the same thing.

I am soooooo moody today!!!
#65 of 93 Old 06-27-2014, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I saw my old boss yesterday and told her my news, and she was all over me: "That's a boy! Look how you're carrying! You've got a BOY in there!" I smiled and told her that what she was seeing was all bloat, and she shook her head and said, "Fine, but it's MALE bloat." Ha! So there's my premonition for ya. My bloating is apparently carrying like a boy.
musicmama08 and gzornblat like this.

#66 of 93 Old 06-27-2014, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Tee-LMAO!!!!

I am totally feeling a boy. I'll be really surprised if it's a girl. Males are dominant in DHs family and we have 3 girls and one boy- and the last two were girls- so aren't the odds in favor of a boy? Hah...that's my silly scientific reasoning.

I embraced my bloat yesterday and wore a maternity dress. So comfy! I figured if anyone asked when I was due I would give some vague answer. I think I'd rather just look pregnant than look frumpy (which is how I feel in most of my regular clothes now).

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#67 of 93 Old 06-27-2014, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post
I embraced my bloat yesterday and wore a maternity dress. So comfy! I figured if anyone asked when I was due I would give some vague answer. I think I'd rather just look pregnant than look frumpy (which is how I feel in most of my regular clothes now).
OMG, at this point every day I spend in non-maternity clothes is a day I regret. I'm doing okay with some non-maternity dresses, I suppose, so there's still that, but pants are OUT, my friend. O U T . That being said, today I am wearing unbuttoned jeans with a Bella band, because it's Family Day at work and I just wanted to be casual, darn it... And you know what, I really really should've invested the time in digging out a pair of maternity jeans, because morning sickness has me passionately hating the Bella band.

#68 of 93 Old 06-27-2014, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I had gained a bunch of weight in the last year. My business had taken off and we were eating a lot of fast food. As a result, my clothes are not fitting because of that. I don't have any maternity stuff because I was not going to have another baby.
Yesterday I was wearing one of my larger sets of scrubs. I got asked if I was pregnant in front of my 16yo who doesn't know yet. I totally had to lie, because I did not want him to find out like that.
#69 of 93 Old 06-27-2014, 06:11 AM

We are going on a day outing today. Both kids woke up at 530. Didn't bother me much cause I was awake at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep. They better behave themselves today !
#70 of 93 Old 06-27-2014, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahknavy View Post
We are going on a day outing today. Both kids woke up at 530. Didn't bother me much cause I was awake at 4 and couldn't go back to sleep. They better behave themselves today !
Fun! Where are you going? Hope you all have a good time and they're perfect angels every minute.

#71 of 93 Old 06-27-2014, 06:43 AM

I've resigned myself to strictly wearing comfy maxi skirts and flowy tops. There is no way you could make me wear jeans right now. I wore them the other day and had to unbutton them half way through the day. So at this point I don't really care if people notice that I'm wearing the same skirt 3 days in a row.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#72 of 93 Old 06-27-2014, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I'm hoping for a girl. No more toddler boys, please! Already thinking about girl names. I already picked Jonathan for a boys name, but my husband doesn't like it. He says Jon is boring. But our last name is not easily pronounced so I think an easy, boring first name is a good thing for his future prospects.

Three kids and one on the way.
#73 of 93 Old 06-27-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeThatsMe View Post
Fun! Where are you going? Hope you all have a good time and they're perfect angels every minute.

We went up to Hurricane Ridge on the Olympic peninsula and the Olympic Game Farm which is one of the drive through ones where you feed the animals. It went pretty well except the foster mommy I went with put her kids in shorts and it was 45 on the mountain so we didn't get to hike any. I was bummed but at least the kids didn't freak when we got back in the car. They were very good today thank The Lord
TeeThatsMe likes this.
#74 of 93 Old 06-27-2014, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I had my first appointment with my OB Friday morning. One of my friends went with me, and we ended up making a day of it.

We had a nice lunch out and then went to the new H&M. I had no idea H&M had maternity clothes! I was pretty happy to see that, for when I need inexpensive new clothes in a few months. There was another bonus to the trip, too, because we had to go right past the only grocery store that stocks my favorite ice cream - Jeni's Goat Cheese and Red Cherry. Yum! And then we saw a group of about 6 dolphins when we were coming home. I've always taken seeing dolphins to be a good sign.
lovingmommyhood likes this.
#75 of 93 Old 06-28-2014, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knittygritty View Post
@bren94 Thanks for the commiseration. I never thought growing up that 26 would be seen as "too young" to be having a first child, but it seems the world has changed in that regard, at least among the people I know and love. The timing for this baby is perfect, and DH and I are so ready to welcome him or her into our family. So I'll just have to keep my chin up and remember that as I deal with negativity.

Although I admit I'm speculating about this. Maybe I'll be totally surprised and my parents will be over the moon to be having a grandchild...I suppose we'll see.
My comment is a little late to the party, but when I was 26 I was having my fifth! I don't know anyone who thinks that's too young to have their first, and I think it's a good age to get the ball rolling since it only gets harder the longer you wait, imo. You'll be fine, you got this!
Valerie11 likes this.

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#76 of 93 Old 06-28-2014, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post

It stinks when people are negative about pregnancy. My MIL started out that way. She was very much of the mindset that you have 1-3 kids and that's it. Then her son became Catholic and married me.... Now she accepts that we will have a big family. My DH said she was actually excited to hear about #5 so you never know how people will react! Personally, I think she just realizes that our kids are all healthy and loved and taken care of and, well, AWESOME...so why wouldn't she want us to have more?
My MIL was very negative when we announced our fourth, but afterwards she went through some personal stuff and came to accept that what we do is our choice, and all she has to do is be happy for us and love her grandkids, which she does very much. We are also Catholic, so even though it's been five years since the last one, number 6 is no shocker and she's surprised, but thrilled!

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#77 of 93 Old 06-28-2014, 08:28 AM

Cool on the dolphins @sarafl . It's always amazing to see them no matter how often you have. This past winter there was a huge confluence of pods near us, and every time we took the ferry (every 6 weeks or so) we would see hundreds! I really, really, never get tired of it.
@sarahknavy you're not hugely far from me! The Olympic peninsula is is amazing. We're going camping next week on Vancouver Island, in the mountains, and will definitely be bringing warm clothes. I've packed fleeces and toques for the girls.
@Valerie11 my DH's last name is one syllable, so I often feel like it allows for more interesting first names. However, it's botanical, so that rules out botanical names. I was sad because I love the names Briar and Rose. Oh well! If you knew my DH's last name you'd understand
@bren94 maxi skirts sound heavenly. I'm going to have to source some out when I'm back in the city. Currently on holidays, so lounging in comfy clothes...
Valerie11 likes this.

Breastfeeding, cosleeping, homebirthing scientist mama to DD1 07/08, DD2 06/10 and a third on the way 02/15!

#78 of 93 Old 06-28-2014, 09:57 PM

Gross unpleasant imagery ahead!

Feeling an intense need to rant. Not sure if any of you use Facebook enough to have seen those spam photos of "breast infection" or "head and shoulders infection". They're clearly photoshopped but disturbing pictures where a lotus pod is photoshopped onto body parts to make it look like creatures are coming out of skin. Well today my newsfeed was flooded with them and they made me physically sick. I've seen them before but I officially cannot stomach them and I'm feeling viciously angry toward the person who made them! Every time I think about them I get sick and it's so upsetting. Ok sorry I just needed to rant to people I know could sympathize with me. Sorry to put the image in your heads
#79 of 93 Old 06-29-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Gross unpleasant imagery ahead!

Feeling an intense need to rant. Not sure if any of you use Facebook enough to have seen those spam photos of "breast infection" or "head and shoulders infection". They're clearly photoshopped but disturbing pictures where a lotus pod is photoshopped onto body parts to make it look like creatures are coming out of skin. Well today my newsfeed was flooded with them and they made me physically sick. I've seen them before but I officially cannot stomach them and I'm feeling viciously angry toward the person who made them! Every time I think about them I get sick and it's so upsetting. Ok sorry I just needed to rant to people I know could sympathize with me. Sorry to put the image in your heads
I saw someone post the head one yesterday. It was so obviously fake that I wonder how anyone could fall for it.
#80 of 93 Old 06-29-2014, 09:21 AM

Haven't seen those. That's gross!

I got to go on a date last night and it was so nice. I miss being a wife. Being a mommy is tough stuff and I miss spending time with my husband. He is leaving for a month soon and I hope I don't go all crazy pregnant mommy on my kids!

Today we are splitting a bunch of fire wood! It feels good to do something besides lay around.
gabeyho and Valerie11 like this.
#81 of 93 Old 06-29-2014, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Not a very good day today. Had spotting yesterday due to BD for the first time since learning we were pregnant. It stopped right away and was very minimal but definitely brought back some intense deja vu of my miscarriage in February.

I also found out this morning that one of the guys I worked with died this weekend. I have no idea what happened to him but I am pretty sad.. he was an awesome friend and I had literally just hung out with him on Friday at a work event.

Just found out my husband's license is suspended again because our insurance company forgot to fax over SR-22 paperwork to the DMV and we were literally 6 months from having that requirement dropped. So BOO for that stress and now I get to wake up super early to drive my husband to work until we can get this problem sorted out.

To top it off, I am completely drained and just feel icky. I'm not puking or anything but I just feel off even when I eat. I am just trying to relax and stay calm for the baby..

Sorry to be a downer, just wanted to get some things off my chest. How is everyone else doing?

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

#82 of 93 Old 06-29-2014, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
clothes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeThatsMe View Post
Point being: I am soooooooo bloated. Regular pants have been out of the question for three weeks already. It's ridiculous.
YES! I had to clean out my closet tonight - all normally fitted clothing is out. It's all dresses and very low waist, too big, pants now. At 7 weeks, I am a little amazed. I don't think mine's bloating, unfortunately. Though partly it's that my sensitive stomach hates anything constricting it. I am mostly comfortable eating carbs - mostly homemade bread so it's not unhealthy, just not entirely balanced. Though my trick for keeping the sickness at bay is protein every 2 hours (or 1.5 this time around). It's been working pretty well. For my nausea. Not so much for my waistline!
#83 of 93 Old 06-29-2014, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Take Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by alivewithyou View Post
Not a very good day today. Had spotting yesterday due to BD for the first time since learning we were pregnant. It stopped right away and was very minimal but definitely brought back some intense deja vu of my miscarriage in February.

I also found out this morning that one of the guys I worked with died this weekend. I have no idea what happened to him but I am pretty sad.. he was an awesome friend and I had literally just hung out with him on Friday at a work event.

Just found out my husband's license is suspended again because our insurance company forgot to fax over SR-22 paperwork to the DMV and we were literally 6 months from having that requirement dropped. So BOO for that stress and now I get to wake up super early to drive my husband to work until we can get this problem sorted out.

To top it off, I am completely drained and just feel icky. I'm not puking or anything but I just feel off even when I eat. I am just trying to relax and stay calm for the baby..

Sorry to be a downer, just wanted to get some things off my chest. How is everyone else doing?
I'm sorry for the loss of your friends. And I hope tomorrow is a better day with everything else.
Peace,
Kirsten
#84 of 93 Old 06-30-2014, 05:56 AM

alivewithyou, I'm sorry to hear about the things you're going through. **hugs**

#85 of 93 Old 06-30-2014, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
alivewithyou: That sounds like an awful day I'm sorry about your friend. It's so hard when people we care about are suddenly gone. And there is absolutely no need to apologize for being a "downer!" (((HUG)))

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#86 of 93 Old 06-30-2014, 09:34 AM

Alive with you- I'm sorry this week has been tough. Hugs to you.
#87 of 93 Old 06-30-2014, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

@alivewithyou , don't feel like you're a downer--that's what we're here for! This is totally the place to unburden yourself if you need to, and... Wow, that's a lot of really hard stuff to happen back-to-back. I am really sorry for the loss of your co-worker and hope that the spotting/deja vu is forgoten in no time.

I have nothing exciting to report from my neck of the woods, except that Telling People is in full swing and that's been pretty fun... Oh, and my husband's taking the kids to a ball game this evening so I have the whole night to myself and fully expect to be asleep by 7pm. So glamorous.
jodieanneanton likes this.

#88 of 93 Old 06-30-2014, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
@alivewithyou so sorry to hear all you're going through. Holding you in the light
#89 of 93 Old 06-30-2014, 12:43 PM

@alivewithyou (((hugs))) I'm sorry you're having to go through all of that right now.

I have a terrible case of the hiccups that I absolutely cannot get rid of. I've never not been able to get rid of them for at least a little while. They are getting so bad that I throw up a little with each one. I feel like a mess right now.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#90 of 93 Old 06-30-2014, 01:29 PM

bren94, now that you say that I remember getting hiccups with my first pregnancy. I could swear I read something about why it happens, like that there is a medical reason for it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page