• 3 Post By cagnew
  • 2 Post By jodieanneanton
  • 2 Post By knittygritty

#1 of 15 Old 06-26-2014, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Dreams!

From the looks of it, many of us are having some weird/cool/interesting dreams! Let's share them!!!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#2 of 15 Old 06-26-2014, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

My DH, DD1 and I all had dreams (w/in 24 hours of each other) of the birth! All of us dreamed that we had a GIRL at home!!!

My dream was AMAZING. I love dreams where I am giving birth. In this dream, I had two very strong but painless contractions and told my DH to call the midwife. When he was on the phone, my body started involuntarily pushing out the baby. I was half-sitting and half-leaning on the toilet and a beautiful baby girl was born into my hands. I pulled her up to my chest and was soooo soo happy.

I hope I have more good labor/birth dreams. Last time, I only had one the entire pregnancy!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#3 of 15 Old 06-26-2014, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

The following night I had a strange dream about having sex and eating sandwiches...at the same time. It was so weird.

I usually do not remember my dreams and pregnancy is a fun experience because I have LOTS of vivid dreams that I DO remember!
bren94 likes this.

#4 of 15 Old 06-26-2014, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Oh my gosh, that last one…I'm dying!

I had a dream I was carrying around a chubby baby girl with pretty brown curly hair. I was just going about my daily activities but with a baby and I remember being SO in love with her! Nothing too weird yet though! I just have a strong feeling this bun is a girl!
TeeThatsMe likes this.

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#5 of 15 Old 06-26-2014, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The other night I dreamed that I was part of an ancient people who were building mud houses in a riverbank. From over the hill came a tribe of old women, led by my grandmother. They were all colors and dressed in long bright robes. She said to me "The women of our family are coming to tell their stories," I woke up feeling ready to be welcomed into the tribe of mothers!
#6 of 15 Old 06-27-2014, 04:06 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Funny, Jodie, I woke up this morning wanting to share my dream, and thinking "I should start a dreams thread"--and here it is already!

LOTS of very intense dreams lately, but they've been only tangentially related to the baby, if at all. Last night's was different--totally, 100% about childbirth and having a brand-new little one.

We took a Bradley refresher class with two other couples, taught by a friend of mine who, IRL, is a sweet lady but not exactly someone who'd gravitate toward natural birth! The weird catch of this class was that, by signing up, we committed to give birth all at the same time, in my friend the instructor's living room. So then there we were, all birthing our babies in her living room, no big deal, and that went fine. We had a lovely little girl. Then there was a VERY LONG nursing interlude--in my waking hours I am very, very anxious about this baby being able to nurse, since my daughter never could and I am still sad about that. Kind of silly that I am not that generally worried about the baby having a cleft; I'm just very narrowly focused on the breastfeeding thing.
Anyhow, then my husband and I packed up and took a walk outside, leaving the baby in the living room, since obviously that's what you do with an hours-old newborn?!, and as we walked, we could hear her crying and calling out "Mommy, Mommy," and I asked what my husband thought we should do, and he said we should just keep walking because she'd sort it out! I went back into the house, and there was the "baby," sitting on the floor and looking like a scaled-down replica of her older sister (my daughter who never nursed), looking at us tearfully and reproaching, "I didn't know where you were."

...Just when I thought I was going to have a nice, non-anxious dream that wasn't about how Tee screws up the baby... Dream Me goes and makes a horrible parenting mistake that accidentally ages my newborn by years. Sigh. Anxiety.
gzornblat, bren94 and Valerie11 like this.

#7 of 15 Old 06-27-2014, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a dream last night where I was about to deliver at my homebirth and my midwife casually mentioned that I was actually expecting five babies, and I was like, really, that doesn't seem right, as my belly is very small and I don't think that five would fit in that small belly, and she was like, nope, here, listen and put five sperate little heart monitors on my tiny belly. I said, well, I feel like if there are five in there it might make sense to be in a hospital and she said, No, we're fine, I can deliver them all here! I woke up and said to my husband, I really hope we are not having quintuplets! He was so confused. Lol.

Eta: I feel your pain, Teethatsme. I seem to have a lot of dreams when I am pregnant about me doing these ridiculous things that I would never do in real life and either endangering the baby or screwing them up. It can be very stressful and irritating.
#8 of 15 Old 06-27-2014, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I don't think I have ever had a dream about labor. You girls talking about your dreams reminds me that a couple months ago I had a dream that I had a baby (no labor, just a baby magically appeared). I woke up and was so thankful that I didn't have a baby and wasn't pregnant, and attributed the dream to work stress. But maybe it was a premonition?
gzornblat likes this.

Three kids and one on the way.
#9 of 15 Old 06-30-2014, 02:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I sometimes will look up dream symbols on dreammoods.com just for fun.
#10 of 15 Old 07-02-2014, 06:05 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Last night I had a dream that DH kept saying he wanted to dtd, but then kept falling asleep. And the kids kept coming in. I finally got the kids to stay out... and a little monkey, about a foot tall, came in and perched in the bed. Haha! He was wearing a yellow vest and little yellow pants. I looked at DH and said, "Great! Now there's a monkey in here. We'll never be able to do it."

This has been cracking me up all morning. A monkey! Hah!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#11 of 15 Old 07-02-2014, 07:08 AM

That is awesome. If you're going to get interrupted, it may as well be by a little well-dressed monkey!

#12 of 15 Old 07-02-2014, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

I had a weird dream last night!

I dreamed that I was full term with a breech baby and that I went to an OB for an external version and he performed a "experimental procedure" on me where he cut me open and turned the baby. He then asked me, "Since the baby is out now anyway, do you want me to put him back in so you can birth him vaginally or do you just want to pretend you had a vaginal birth?" I decided that I would pretend. Then my husband walks in and says, "No way! That baby needs to be inoculated by your vaginal bacteria. It is necessary for that baby's gut and immune health. Imagine the problems we would have if he wasn't inoculated!" So, the doctor put baby back in head down and sewed me back up. Then I said, "Great. Now I have to recover from a natural vaginal birth and a c-section."

It was so weird. And doubly weird because I am not really worried about breech. My subconscious already knows I delivered a breech baby already! I would not go for a version or consent to a "experimental procedure." lol I wonder what the dream dictionaries would do with that one!!!!
TeeThatsMe and Valerie11 like this.

#13 of 15 Old 07-02-2014, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I dreamed last night that I told my mom about the baby, and she was so moved/happy by the news. In the dream she kept saying, "I prayed for this!"

Thanks for the shot of confidence, subconscious!
jodieanneanton and TeeThatsMe like this.

#14 of 15 Old 07-02-2014, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Jodie: LOL!

knittygritty: Nice! Hopefully real life will be that way

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#15 of 15 Old 07-02-2014, 04:43 PM

@knittygritty , that's so wonderful and auspicious! I hope the actual event goes as encouragingly as the dream did.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page