2Likes
  • 1 Post By happyday8598
  • 1 Post By luckiest

#1 of 16 Old 07-06-2014, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Can you feel it yet?

I have been feeling around every day, knowing the baby is really low, but knowing that it's growing every day.
About a week ago, I felt a hard kiwi sized ball just above my hair line. Somewhat sensitive to the touch, but not painful. Curious, I just kept thinking, "this is her!"
I chatted with a midwife friend yesterday, and she offered to feel it for me. And I was right! That's my little growing sprout! "Right where it should be for how far along you are... You are definitely pregnant, mama!" she said to me.

I needed that check in, I guess. With my miscarriage at 12 weeks, I'd never felt the little growing uterus. Now at 9 weeks, I'm happy to know that things really are developing.

Can you feel yours yet?
TeeThatsMe likes this.

#2 of 16 Old 07-06-2014, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I can't feel it yet, but I'm only 6.5 weeks. I definitely LOOK pregnant though, and my shorts are all uncomfortable. And I noticed I'm producing colostrum...! I had no idea that could happen this early. DS only weaned about two months ago, and I had stopped producing milk even before he weaned; couldn't express a drop. This morning when I woke up my left nipple was stuck to my shirt, and when I squeezed a tiny drop of orange colostrum popped right up!
TeeThatsMe likes this.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#3 of 16 Old 07-06-2014, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I've thought I could feel something, but I figured it couldn't be it because it was too high up. I thought you couldn't feel anything above the pubic bone until almost 12 weeks....

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#4 of 16 Old 07-06-2014, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I swear to you I'm having occasional little teeny weeny Braxton Hicks contractions! I've always been super prone to BHs--during my first pregnancy I finally figured out what they were around 20 weeks, but they were pretty much old hat by then; no idea when they'd actually started. So I really wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that at 10 weeks my uterus is already, well, in training.

#5 of 16 Old 07-06-2014, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Yay for us all! It's so amazing to re-experience growing life.
Cagnew, I thought that you couldn't really feel until a little later, but... I can! Perhaps what you're feeling is also your expanding uterus.
This is my 3rd kid-let, so perhaps that has something to do with it? I don't "look" pregnant, typically... After indulging on way too many dairy treats yesterday, I certainly could have passed for several months along, but the "real" me still looks pretty normal.

I was hoping the midwife would say something about it being further up for how far along I am, so perhaps I miscalculated. But my cycles are very regular and she didn't say anything about the dating. I am so eager to get out of the first trimester!!

#6 of 16 Old 07-06-2014, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My uterus is above my pubic bone but this is baby #4 and my fibroid makes me measure about a month ahead first half of pregnancy. I feel like I'm having BH too even though it's a bit early.
#7 of 16 Old 07-06-2014, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I feel the top of mine *just* above the pubic bone when I have a full bladder....

I am having braxton hicks, too... when nursing mostly.

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#8 of 16 Old 07-07-2014, 05:39 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
On a client, I can feel the uterus as early as 6 weeks. I can't feel it on myself yet as that is where my fat is. I have noticed it while trying to lay on my stomach though.
#9 of 16 Old 07-07-2014, 06:55 AM

Wow. I had no idea it was so common to be able to feel it so early! Maybe what I am feeling is it after all. My appointment is tomorrow so I guess I will find out. Of course, if having more babies causes it to pop up earlier, then mine could certainly be up high already given this is baby #5 .

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#10 of 16 Old 07-07-2014, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can feel mine. When they check my cervix they actually feel his head near my cervix and I am only 34 weeks and 4 days
#11 of 16 Old 07-10-2014, 07:15 AM

Not to revive an older thread, but I'm totally amazed at the height of my fundus! It's a good 5 finger widths above my pubic bone. If I hadn't had an ultrasound already I'd be wondering about twins! Haha. At this rate it'll be up to my belly button by 12 weeks. I guess it's just like, "hey! pregnant again? let's go! wheeeeee!!!!!" I'm going to be freakin' huge fast!

#12 of 16 Old 07-10-2014, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Wow, @cagnew !!! I am on baby #4 , pregnancy #6 (so not too far behind you) in that dept... but mine is not that high!!! You have an overachiever in there, maybe! ha ha! Last baby, my fundus got super high super fast, but this time, not so much. :/ Maybe implantation location could be a factor? I don't know. I am trying not to read anything into it!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#13 of 16 Old 07-10-2014, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I can't find mine. Must be the fluff in front of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#14 of 16 Old 07-11-2014, 05:50 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post
Not to revive an older thread, but I'm totally amazed at the height of my fundus! It's a good 5 finger widths above my pubic bone. If I hadn't had an ultrasound already I'd be wondering about twins! Haha. At this rate it'll be up to my belly button by 12 weeks. I guess it's just like, "hey! pregnant again? let's go! wheeeeee!!!!!" I'm going to be freakin' huge fast!
Mine is pretty high up too. Really hoping that it is not twins.
#15 of 16 Old 07-11-2014, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can never find mine! LOL! But I do look...insta-pregnant, even in week 6 - almost to week 8 now. (Baby #6 and all, I suppose.) I have been large for dates in the past though (and no twins).

I DID start feeling wee contractions a couple of days after my positive test - just uterine expansion I think (and I'm still nursing). But, every baby I'm more sensitive.
#16 of 16 Old 07-11-2014, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I can never feel mine, either. Not until much later when I'm starting to show. Even with this being #6 for me, too, my tummy just isn't flat enough I think.

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page