Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

#1 of 44 Old 07-07-2014, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Weekly Chat 7/7- 7/13

It's a new week!

Can't say much right now because the youngest is being a real PIP this morning. And DH woke up super-crabby, so not the best start of the week over here. I have hope it'll get better though!

Talk to you all later!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mommy to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), and two angel babies. 

#2 of 44 Old 07-07-2014, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I am home sick. After a full day of no nausea yesterday(!!!!), I was so excited that I overdid it on the junk food and it all came back up last night. Figured I had just been an idiot, went to work this morning, and... breakfast all came back up at work. Oh, dear. Given that I'm still feeling pretty crap--and a different kind of crap, somehow, than morning sickness crap?--I figure, on the off chance that it's something viral, I'm better off at home.

Sigh. There go another 5.5 hours of sick leave that were earmarked for Baby. On the plus side, I get to spend the day "resting"--hiding from the kids as their father tries vainly to keep them outside.

@cagnew , I hope your crabs get less crustacean as the day wears on. Have a lovely day, all!

#3 of 44 Old 07-07-2014, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hope your days get better! No fun to have a crabby family or puking.

We had our u/s this morning and I was relieved to see a beating heart. I have been soooooo busy my house needs some TLC. That's going to be my day. My friends are calling near me so I may bring the kids over for some fun
TeeThatsMe likes this.
#4 of 44 Old 07-07-2014, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We're supposed to be moving in nine days, so I should be packing our cleaning or something related to that. But after the regular daily stuff, I just can't bring myself to get anything done while my husband is at work. I am pooped!

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
#5 of 44 Old 07-07-2014, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Still nauseous, tired, and sore breasts. My husband has been on his summer break (teacher), but will be going back tomorrow. Lord help me deal with the kids on my own without falling asleep or puking in public.

Three kids and one on the way.
#6 of 44 Old 07-07-2014, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Gabeyho, I hope packing goes well this week.

Sarah, yea for a heartbeat!

International food cravings have hit hard. I want Thai, Mexican, Indonesian, Japanese! I'm having friends over for fondue after the kiddies go to bed.

I'm also planning a road trip to visit my aunt and grandparents in NC. It is a six hour drive and it will be just me and the wee ones. We leave next week but I'm so tired I should start packing soon.
#7 of 44 Old 07-07-2014, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My mom is visiting from NC in a couple of weeks. I'm dreading getting the apartment looking decent before then. I have a cold and it is hitting me HARD right now. I'm up all night coughing and keeping DH awake, I keep getting a bloody nose, and I feel like I've been hit my a train. No full blown morning sickness yet, thank goodness, but my breasts can't stand to be touched by anyone or anything and I'm gassy 24/7. I'm trying to be as thankful as I can that I am blessed enough to be carrying a beautiful little life. Counting down til the 2nd trimester though!

June 18th, 2014
EDD February 26th, 2015
#8 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Tee: Hope you are feeling better! And my crustaceans did get better as the day went on

Sarah: Yay for a good appointment and a beating heart!!! Hoping for the same today for me....

Gabey: I feel for you. I've moved so many times in my life and I hate it. I hate packing and loading and unloading and unpacking. It's so much work and it's so overwhelming. I can't imagine trying to do while enduring first trimester fatigue! One good thing about moving is that it DOES get done, no matter how much you don't want to do it.

Valerie: My DH is a teacher too (middle school and high school choir). He goes back around 7/24. This summer break went way too fast, probably because we spent the whole time working on the house. I feel sorry for him because I don't think he actually got any rest. Teaching is such a high energy job with so many different aspects that most people don't realize.

Duchess: We are going on a trip to the Smoky Mountains next week, but I will have DH with me (as well as the in-laws we are meeting there). Packing is not one of my favorite activities... it's takes forever with 4 kids! I've taken road trips alone with the kids before and it can be a lot of work even when everything goes well! I hope your trip goes smoothly!

bren: I hope you feel better soon! Being sick while pregnant just blows. I'm sure you'll feel loads better by the time your mom gets there.

As for me, my appointment is this morning. I've felt very pregnant lately so there shouldn't be any bad news...but I am still nervous. I'll be glad to be done with it! As long as everything is okay we will tell the kids

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mommy to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), and two angel babies. 

#9 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Feeling nauseated 24/7 is really wearing me down. I can't believe I have to endure this for weeks to come.

And I know that the cycle for me is hungry->nauseated, but when I feel this sick I can't think of anything I want to eat.
#10 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

I had my appointment and the baby looked good! Whew. And that WAS my uterus I was feeling all the way up there. Crazy!
gzornblat and DuchessTergie like this.

#11 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 10:58 AM

Yay! So glad it went well @cagnew ! I'm hoping for the same on Thursday!

I can now add completely obliterated my phone screen to my list of annoyances! Been in bed all day trying to nurse this cold. Really hoping I feel better soon! I'm starting to get in the mindset of really wanting to be active and enjoy my pregnancy so I'm just waiting for my body to catch up!
#12 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 11:17 AM

YAY, @cagnew ! I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been monitoring this thread for a few hours, waiting for news. So glad to hear everything's looking good, and amazed at your super floating uterus.
@bren94 , aw, I'm sorry. Lying around feeling sick really does suck, doesn't it? You'll be up and at them soon enough, I hope.
@knittygritty , it really is hard to eat when you're feeling so lousy, I know. I was never any good at it, if that's any consolation--I'd yell at myself to get with the program already, but never actually could force myself into a systematic way of eating that actually solved the problem. There is light at the end of the tunnel, though! I promise it won't last forever, and odds are it really will just be a few more weeks! Recently a coworker described it as "It was like a fog just descended on me, and I lived in it for a while, and then one day the fog just lifted, and that was that." That has been pretty much precisely my experience, too, so I'm crossing my fingers it'll be like that for you as well.

Having said that, though, I suppose my fog is taking a little longer to lift this time--but even with that, I still feel a night-and-day difference between, say, last Thursday and right now! Whew! Here's hoping it lasts. I'm just about 11 weeks now, so it would stand to reason that this really could be the fog lifting.

#13 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post
I had my appointment and the baby looked good! Whew. And that WAS my uterus I was feeling all the way up there. Crazy!
Yahoooooo!!!! Such a relief. I can't tell if I feel mine or not. I think I can't convince myself that is it.

My day is horrible . I'm ready to be done. We have a get together at the end of the day and I just hope that fixes me up
#14 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

knitty: I know the exact feeling you mention- you feel sick and eating can make it sort-of better...but finding something to eat is so hard! It's like I have to find something to eat that doesn't totally gross me out, and then make myself eat. It's not fun. And usually the only things I can convince myself to eat are garbage. Good thing this fades in the second trimester!

Tee: Fog- that's how I describe it too. Can't wait until it lifts so I can get on my life! Thankfully it SHOULD be over by the time homeschooling starts again. The fall is my favorite season and I am looking forward to being in the happier stage of pregnancy during that time I'll be in please-someone-shoot-me mode by Christmas though. Oh well! All is temporary!

sarah: I hope your day improves!
gabeyho likes this.

#15 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quick question- at the u/s today, they found a 5cm cyst on my left ovary. My OB wasn't worried about it and said it will probably be gone by the 20 weeks ultrasound. She said if I start having any pain to just call her.

Anyone else ever have a big cyst like that?

#16 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
The fall is my favorite season and I am looking forward to being in the happier stage of pregnancy during that time I'll be in please-someone-shoot-me mode by Christmas though. Oh well! All is temporary!!
Me too, cagnew. This pregnancy really couldn't have better timing for me. I start student teaching for my grad program right as I enter my second trimester, and then I'm totally finished with my program just before Christmas. I'll have all of January and most of February to relax and nest before baby arrives. I just have to keep looking forward!

#17 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 03:50 PM

Hey everyone! Sorry for being MIA. I was out of town for nearly 2 weeks and decided to take a fairly comprehensive electronics break. Good news about your U/S cagnew! I have no idea about the cysts, but if there's no pain it's probably not a big deal (and you wouldn't even know without the U/S).

Good news that you may be turning a corner Tee! I really hope that's true. I'm just settling into my nausea now. I was super optimistic and cooked dinner last night. Yuck! I ended up with the stove fan on full blast, and lying on the kitchen floor for the non-crucial bits. I'm trying not to get depressed about it. I really suck at being sick, and am looking forward to the latter parts of pregnancy. Here's hoping I don't have nausea for 17+ weeks like the last two times...

Breastfeeding, cosleeping, homebirthing scientist mama to DD1 07/08, DD2 06/10 and a third on the way 02/15!

#18 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 03:53 PM

@knittygritty I totally get what you're going through. I'm finding that taking 25 mg of B6 every 4 hours (check with your OB or midwife first) is helping a lot. It takes the edge off enough that some things actually sound okay. Once I get something in there, then it's easier to eat more. That being said, I expect I'll gain a bit this first tri, as constant eating is my number one nausea remedy. I never really tracked my weight the last two times as my midwives didn't care so long as I looked healthy. However, I think I gained more in the first tri than the second or third!

Breastfeeding, cosleeping, homebirthing scientist mama to DD1 07/08, DD2 06/10 and a third on the way 02/15!

#19 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 03:56 PM

@DuchessTergie I totally craved pho the other night. Specifically wonton egg noodle soup with lots of hoisin sauce. I convinced DH to get some for dinner and it was soooo amazing! I may have to eat it often even though I'm not exactly sure what kind of 'meat' is in the wontons. It's a reputable Vietnamese place though, and I've never been sick from there before.
gabeyho and DuchessTergie like this.

#20 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 06:54 PM

cagenew, I'm not sure of the size, but I know that I had a cyst that burst (that's generally what they do). I had this enormous pain on one of my ovaries and it got so bad throughout the day that that night it was hard to walk, so I figured I would go to the doctor the next day, and the next day the pain was magically gone. I found out after the fact that is a classic burst cyst.

#21 of 44 Old 07-08-2014, 11:01 PM

Cagnew, I suspect I have one now. I was on bc to control them but went off when we started TTC in May, now I'm having the familiar sharp pains here and there. Could be due to the pregnancy though, I guess we'll find out. If it is a cyst I pray it doesn't rupture as my last ruptured cyst was bad enough to put me in the hospital for a few days and called for a blood transfusion. I'm a little traumatized at this point.
#22 of 44 Old 07-09-2014, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Not happy about what I have been reading about complex cysts, but there is nothing I can do about it I guess. My OB said it will probably just disappear during the pregnancy, so I am going to just go on hope for that for now.

I'm a little annoyed this morning. I was planning on cleaning the house (it needs it badly) and was totally content with that. But my mom called this morning and asked me to take my sisters dog to the vet. I guess he has been vomiting and has had diarrhea for three days. My sister can't take him because she is working on a special project (understandable) and my mom "can't" take him because she is having a bad day (more or less). So now I have to take my 4 kids and the dog to the vet. Grrrr. I hope he doesn't throw up in the crate in the car. I might throw up myself!

I try to remind myself that these kind of inconveniences are small in the grand scheme of things. A year from now it won't matter whether or not I cleaned the house, and I won't be thinking about all the work it was to drag the kids to the vet with me. Hah! A year from now I will have 5 KIDS!!!! Woohoo!

The 15 month old decided to take the powdered sugar from her waffle (a bit of powdered sugar is less sugar than syrup... don't judge me! haha) and mix it with water from her cup, and smear it all over herself (hair included). Early morning bath!

ETA: Ahhh!!!! She pooped in the tub AGAIN!!!! Does anyone else's LO habitually do that? So gross!

Last edited by cagnew; 07-09-2014 at 06:13 AM.
#23 of 44 Old 07-09-2014, 07:01 AM

That is a rough morning. I was all annoyed at my early morning start but at least it was clean and people are coming here so I don't have to get my kids out of the house.

Hope the day finishes better than it started
#24 of 44 Old 07-09-2014, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
@cagnew - that certainly is an annoying start to the day! Hopefully the rest of your day goes more smoothly.

I took a very frustrating 'browsing' trip with my mother ths other day. She's always saying that she doesn't see enough of me( my parents live 3 blocks away) so I thought looking at things for her first grandbaby would be fun. Urgh.

Swings? "Oh god, what a stupid waste of space" carseats? "Oh, I hate carseats. They're so bulky, and if you carry the baby around in them you end up with bruises all over your leg" "the base stays in the car all the time? That's so stupid." Clothes? "That's tacky, that's tacky..." "you shouldn't go crazy buying things, you don't even know what it is yet!" (I was holding a neutral striped onesie)

And the crib... she wants me to use the crib her grandfather bought when my brother was born, almost 39 years ago. Ummm...no. "None of you died in it!" And then her "babies must be really stupid now, everything is just waiting to kill them" rant in the baby consignment shop...

I was really thinking she would be super excited, and instead she's so grumpy about everything. And then she wonders why I don't want her to go to my appointments with me?
#25 of 44 Old 07-09-2014, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

It's all good. Vet visit is over and we are home now. Getting ready for early naps (woohoo!!!).

sarafl: That would be very, very frustrating. I know firsthand the patience that is sometimes (often) required when spending time with family members. Oh Lord do I know! But you love them and put up with it. I bet your mom will chill out a lot when the baby is actually here. FWIW, I was very happy to have a swing and a bouncy seat. Two of my kids liked the swing (and the other two didn't) and would take little cat naps in them, and the other two loved the bouncy seat. My son actually slept a lot at night in his bouncy seat. I hated putting him there, but he wouldn't sleep anywhere else. So I put the seat in the bassinet so that it was level with my bed and would rub him and bounce him to sleep. I think being in a semi-seated position helped him because he had reflux. I was so worried about his back getting messed up from being in it at night, but he turned out okay. Again, not an ideal place for them to sleep, but sometimes you just have to survive!

Everyone has a different opinion on baby gear. I hate carrying around a car seat and rarely do it anymore. It's just too heavy and inconvenient, unless I am popping it in a stroller. I like having the option of being able to carry it though, especially if the baby is sleeping and I am going to a restaurant or church. I've found that for other purposes, babywearing is much more comfortable.

Talking about this has actually made me feel some excitement about having another baby I do love their soft little heads and skinny little feet. And I love how when they are sleeping and you pick them up, they do that cute little stretch-thing where they arch their back, stick their butt out, and their face turns red. I love seeing DH with a baby sleeping on his chest too.
They are worth all the pain of pregnancy and the work that comes with having kids. As crazy they make me, my kids bring me more joy than I could ever have imagined.

#26 of 44 Old 07-09-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
!! I love how when they are sleeping and you pick them up, they do that cute little stretch-thing where they arch their back, stick their butt out, and their face turns red.

This is my favorite!!!!!
jodieanneanton likes this.
#27 of 44 Old 07-09-2014, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just threw up all over myself and consequently peed. In my car. While driving. And we have reached the "nothing stays down" point of pregnancy that I was hopeful I'd avoid.
@sarafl
I'm sorry your mom is being silly. Becoming grandmas makes them extra special crazy. Clothes for baby? I assumed you'd just wrap her in yarn!
My mil is really enjoying talking about all the things that made her sick when she was pregnant. Everything makes me sick. Particularly talking about it. She thinks she's being helpful in commiserating so I am trying to appreciate her intent.
#28 of 44 Old 07-09-2014, 08:21 PM

chiromommy, I have also peed myself when vomiting at least a couple of times now. But not while driving, at least not yet. I'm thinking I'll need an extra set of clothes to take with me everywhere.

#29 of 44 Old 07-09-2014, 08:40 PM

Aw! I'm so sorry ladies! You will have this experience to hold over your kids the rest of their lives!!!!
#30 of 44 Old 07-10-2014, 05:58 AM

Oh, @chiromommy ! I am so sorry, what a disaster! I've definitely also done the pee-while-vomiting thing, although having it happen in the car is just a shade too far. My sympathies. I like how Sarah put it--that is something you can refer to forever with your kid, if you feel like it.
@sarafl , if you feel like it, you can point out that infant and child mortality due to accidents has dropped substantially over the past several decades, specifically because manufacturers and parents and safety organizations have begun to pay much more attention to physical risks that certain items pose. You might not have heard a lot about accidental deaths twenty or more years ago, but I think too that there was a lot more stigma back then--plus, media was just different than it is now, you know? Babies aren't stupider; we're SMARTER about how to protect them!

...Or you can just happily browse for baby items without your mother, which is what I'd do. But it's still frustrating for sure, and I'm sorry she's being so negative about something that should be happy and fun for both of you! Grandmas, man, they can be so weird.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page