Any other charting nerds? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

Old 07-08-2014, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Any other charting nerds?

So if there is anyone here who likes to analyze dates like I do, please feel free to give some thought on when I conceived. Just for fun Unfortunately, I don't really have a chart to look at, just some dates.

The ultrasound tech was in-training, which was a little frustrating. The date she gave can't be right... it's off at least 2-4 days in either direction.

So here is the story. My normal bbt is 96.3-97.1, leaning heavily toward 96.3. I never had a real post partum period... just some super-light spotting April 28 and 29th.

May 11: DTD
May 13: 98.6
May 14: 97.1 (didn't temp again, figured the high temp before had been due to having a couple drinks before bed)
May 19: DTD
May 20: 98.6 (and stayed high, so I knew I had o'ed at some point)
May 23,24: Negative Preg. Tests
May 29: Positive Test

I had assumed, based on the negative tests, that I conceived after dtd on the 19th, but acknowledged the slight chance that I could have conceived from dtd May 11th. I don't know why I had the low temp that week though, unless it was implantation. I always thought implantation happened later than 2-3 days post ovulation.

According to todays measurements, I conceived 5 days earlier than I thought. My OB said the u/s can be off a whole week in either direction and she doesn't put much stock in due dates anyways. However, I am a VBACer and those few days can be really important in the end.

I am starting to think that I DID conceive from the May 11 BD... possibly a couple days later.

Thankfully, my OB wrote down my due date as being on the later side rather than the earlier side, so I am comfortable with that. Still, it moved my date from the Feb 9th that I originally thought, to Feb 4.

I totally don't expect anyone to actually sit down and analyze this But it helps me to write it out, and I am a chart nerd

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 

Last edited by cagnew; 07-08-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2014, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I totally chart, but have been using Marquette with the Clearblue monitor for a few years now, so no bbt for me. Ironically, this was the first cycle since we've been trying that my monitor did not pick up the ovulation. Ha! But judging by my regularity and my cm, I ovulated on the typical day 14. Why do the dates make such a difference for you for a VBAC? Is this your first VBAC? Just asking because this is my fifth VBAC and I don't give the due dates any mind anymore. Baby comes when it comes!

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
Old 07-08-2014, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I am a charter and I have no clue when I conceived. So take that for what it's worth.

I would have guessed the 11th.

The u/s with my daughter was a week off. I know when I conceived with her and of I conceived when they said I would have gotten my BFP at 5dpo. It was in my favor though. I totally used that week to convince my OB to give me another week(though I didn't need it).

Just for fun...

We DTD may 11

I usually O 18th or 19th day of my cycle.

May 17th- temped and had already Ovulated... Oops...

Based on my U/S I conceived the 13th!

I totally blame God for the freaking crazy early ovulation...
Old 07-08-2014, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Hmmm.... I would have said the 11th, too. And then I would have attributed the dip as a pattern that is out there and I actually have it. Where you ovulate, temp spike, dip below the coverline and spike again. It was super annoying to figure that one out when trying to avoid back in the newly married days. However, you mentioned the drinks. Yes. That always raises my temp in the morning, too. So, if you don't usually have a weird double spike pattern like weirdo me over here, then I would make my guess for ovulation the 19th. Now, here is where a little extra info might help us. What brand HPT did you take??? It is quite normal for a + on a First Response test on day 10 post ovulation. This would confirm my guess of the 19th. However, if you took a dollar store HPT, then a day 10 post ovulation + would be unusual... It usually takes a little longer for the + to show up because they are less sensitive. This would make my guess date change back to the 11th.

Am I making sense?

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

Old 07-08-2014, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

gabeyho: My OB doesn't care about the dates, and I'm glad for that (because I don't either). However, once you hit 42 weeks, all the OB's start to get antsy. I can't induce because of being a VBAC, so it would a RCS for me if I reached that point. One day can make all the difference when it comes to labor! So, if my date is pushed up a few days, I could be pressured into a c/s for being past 42 weeks. It's all a game, really. So the more time I can buy, the better! I guess it's not so much because I am a VBAC (aside from not being allowed to induce), and more because of the hospital policies and OB's.

sarah: Haha! We might be conception/ovulation sisters!

jodie: I do have that pattern, now that you mention it. It doesn't usually go down that far, but it does go down. Since this was my first post partum O it might have just been on the wonky side. And while alcohol does raise my temp a bit, it's never raised it that much, so I probably did ovulate that day.

Yeah, I am now leaning towards May 11 as the BD that did it Yay for being a little further along than I thought! And yay for getting a few extra days out of my OB anyway!

Thanks for the input!

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
Old 07-08-2014, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Oh! And I was using Dollar Store tests, so there you go

Old 07-08-2014, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I don't chart, but keep track of my periods. The app that I was using showed ovulation date and fertility window. I DTD almost a full week after I should have ovulated and several days outside the window. I still got pregnant. It was the only possible day of conception because it was my first time having sex in almost 2 years.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
So you probably ovulated super late instead of early then?

I was reading is "we had sex every day for a whole week after ovulation"

User Tag List