Mowing the Lawn - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

#1 of 2 Old 07-13-2014, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Mowing the Lawn

It seems the consensus is divided on this one.

I mentioned to my partner that I needed a gas container to transfer gas into the sawmill at work. He mentioned I shouldn't be transferring gases while I'm pregnant...

This got me thinking about how I love to mow the lawn... though I do smell the fumes pretty heavily as I push the mower along...

What do you know about mowing the lawn, and being around gas, either diesel or regular? We pump gas at the gas stations, right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-13-2014, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
So I am sure that the chemicals we inhale imbed in our tissue, organs and get to the fetus. But... I love mowing the lawn too. It is one way I get in a long hard walk once every other week and I have decided to continue to do it. If there is a whiff of fumes my way I hold my breath for a few moments and then keep going. It is outside in fresh air, especially if there is a breeze. I try to ease some guilt I have from doing it knowing that I am quite conscious of reducing toxins in many other ways. And walking barefoot in the grass in the sunshine and being productive makes me happy, which is good for baby.

Wife to my Sweetness and Light, DH (03), WAHM to DS('01), DS('11), and DS('13). Encouraging mothers everywhere to write for their lives. Expecting our fourth and final baby( It's a GIRL!!!) in January 2015.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page