Things that make you feel GOOD right now!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

#1 of 41 Old 07-15-2014, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Things that make you feel GOOD right now!?

Let's focus on some good stuff!
Hopefully there's at least one thing

For me....it is ahhh.....waiting just before the heat of the day, loading the kids up in the Burley, and riding my bike down to the creek for a nice long swim! I have been on fire lately.....and submerging my body in that cold water is heaven

Mama to oneone, and a brand new!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 41 Old 07-15-2014, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Yes, like the question!
When I walk to the beach and submerge my feet while looking for coastal agates!!!!!
Salt water is so healing.
#3 of 41 Old 07-15-2014, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Cuddling in my blankets.... When my kids nap together...

Oreos and milk
#4 of 41 Old 07-15-2014, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Sleep. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#5 of 41 Old 07-15-2014, 05:43 PM

Oh, and ice cream. And eating rice.

bren94 likes this.

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#6 of 41 Old 07-15-2014, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Oh, yes, water. For now I'm making do with baths and showers, but I'm thinking constantly about swimming and being at the beach or the lake. Must plan a trip soon.

#7 of 41 Old 07-15-2014, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
We have definitely been swimming which feels great. And I agree with the sleeping/laying in my bed.
#8 of 41 Old 07-15-2014, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Good ones

I also feel good about winning a bet with my husband that puts me in the mighty fine position of receiving a foot rub before bed Every.Single.Night. from positive test til baby is born! It's been nice!
gabeyho likes this.

#9 of 41 Old 07-15-2014, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by entiti View Post
Good ones

I also feel good about winning a bet with my husband that puts me in the mighty fine position of receiving a foot rub before bed Every.Single.Night. from positive test til baby is born! It's been nice!
Haha! He was a sucker for agreeing to those terms.
#10 of 41 Old 07-16-2014, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Water does not make me feel good. lol. The sloshing makes me sick. But! Sitting on a beach LOOKING at the water makes me feel good, along with good fresh air and sunshine! I love feeling the breeze on my face and grass between my toes. I also love staying at home and allowing myself to just be and not busy myself with going here and there. (Early pregnancy is a great excuse to be a hermit!)

Great thread!

Sewing, gardening, home birthing, co-sleeping, extended nursing, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, home schooling, attachment parenting busy mommy to dd1 (7), dd2 (4), ds (1) and two in heaven. 

#11 of 41 Old 07-16-2014, 06:15 AM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Nothing really makes me feel good physically right now. But knowing my husband is going to work, without resentment, to support our family so that I can stay home with the kids, and he doesn't even complain when I am too tired to do everything that needs done, that makes me very happy.

Three kids and one on the way.
#12 of 41 Old 07-16-2014, 06:39 AM

Here's another that is much more mental than physical, although it's a lot goofier than Valerie's: My pregnancy vein is back! There is a little blue vein that curls around one side of my belly button, and is only visible when I'm pregnant. I love that silly little vein so much. I spotted it this morning! Hooray, Happy Little Blue Pregnancy Vein Day!

</dork>

#13 of 41 Old 07-16-2014, 06:45 AM

Hahahaha. !!! You should name it.
#14 of 41 Old 07-16-2014, 06:57 AM

What, "LBPV" isn't catchy enough for ya?! I would love to name it. Any good suggestions??

#15 of 41 Old 07-16-2014, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
My DH makes me happy He is so patient with me and he works so hard for us. He's just the best!

Even though I feel freakishly big for this early, I am enjoying wearing my maternity dresses.
TeeThatsMe and Valerie11 like this.

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#16 of 41 Old 07-16-2014, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 195 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
I just remembered one, music. Yesterday I was listening to Spotify and there were a couple of songs that put me in that trance. I love it when I connect with music and I can sorta be in a meditation state. It's wonderful. So I will be remembering to put on music instead of being grumpy...... Like right now
#17 of 41 Old 07-16-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post
I just remembered one, music. Yesterday I was listening to Spotify and there were a couple of songs that put me in that trance. I love it when I connect with music and I can sorta be in a meditation state. It's wonderful. So I will be remembering to put on music instead of being grumpy...... Like right now

I listen to Pandora... All day long.,,
#18 of 41 Old 07-17-2014, 05:35 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
My husband. We've been married only a few weeks now, but I am still falling in love with him, more and more every day.
My job. I love where I work.
Hearing the baby's heartbeat yesterday... Strong at 160 bpm... and in my 11th week, starting to breath the comfortability that it's happening.
Watching the Tom Petty documentary, feeling the inspiration, and getting tickets to see him live in Sept.
Life is nice right now. There is so much good to these days.

#19 of 41 Old 07-17-2014, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Right now I have one of my teenage son's friends sleeping on my couch. Yesterday, I hauled a carload of teenage boys to a waterpark an hour away.
It makes me happy to be THAT mom that the kids don't mind being near. I love being the mom that I have always wanted to be.
#20 of 41 Old 07-17-2014, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 177 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Sleep.. And sitting on my back porch curled up with a book at night. Our neighborhood is more spread out and we are surrounded by farms so it is so peaceful.
Valerie11 likes this.
#21 of 41 Old 07-17-2014, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah! Omg....these posts are totally allowing me to count my blessings

I am really loving that my daughter is such a beautiful and helpful Being. Waking up in the mornings (before me these days!) and grabbing some fruit to eat on the front porch to watch the sun come up, reading books to her little brother and playing peacefully while I take a noonish rest on the sofa, and just generally being so helpful. It's like having a mini doula hanging around

#22 of 41 Old 07-19-2014, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 177 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
I love that my weight is the same but my "fat" boobs are back haven't seen them for a while lol.

I love all the veins I can see running through my body because I have never seem them until I got pregnant. They are one of my nicer reminders.
#23 of 41 Old 07-19-2014, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Haha...I was just thinking the same thing, Alive!
Seems that since the nursing days left, my boobs feel more and more like week old water balloons! It's nice to see the girls fill out a bit
DuchessTergie likes this.

#24 of 41 Old 07-19-2014, 05:58 PM

Gardening! I just harvested my first cucumber, and there are a ton more growing. I found three watermelons growing today, one of which looks really lovely. Best of all, I finally saw a ladybug in my garden, so I'm praying more will come and take care of my aphid problem!

Gardening this summer has forced me to be outside everyday, which had been great!

#25 of 41 Old 07-20-2014, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I wasn't able to keep up with my garden. I worked so hard on it in the beginning, but then once i started feeling crummy I just couldn't seem to make myself go out in the heat and do what was needed. And the neighbors sprayed round-up on the fence line, killing my cuc's.

BUT... I have a ton of watermelon and cantaloupe that have somehow managed to keep growing nicely, so I am looking forward to those! And some of our sunflowers are blooming and they are so pretty. This is the first time I've planted sunflowers

Corrie, "trad" Catholic, wife to DH and Mom to DD (4/07), DS (2/09), DD (2/11), DD (4/13), two angel babies. 
#26 of 41 Old 07-20-2014, 08:16 AM

I LOVE set-it-and-forget-it plants like those, @cagnew . Watermelon and canteloupe are going to be so nice in the dog days of August.

I haven't done a ton of tending, but some of our vegetables have still done okay--we should have a decent crop of carrots and beans, and our kale and broccoli have miraculously kept producing (on a super-small scale, but still--they're alive and edible stuff is on them!). And we might harvest one single beautiful tomato at the end of the summer, if something doesn't come along and eat it before then. This is our first year gardening, so I'm calling it a win.

Next year I am doing watermelon and that is a promise!

#27 of 41 Old 07-20-2014, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
The fact that I am DONE with my school conference!!! Four days of intensive workshop in the midst of nausea and fatigue; it almost did me in. But now I can relax!! Well, at least until my extremely early flight tomorrow morning...
DuchessTergie and Valerie11 like this.

Living and loving in ATX with DH (of 7 years) and DS (3.5)
#28 of 41 Old 07-20-2014, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Yay for thriving gardens!
I'm starting to see my cucs blossom, too....so precious And we've got a forest of tomatoes, which makes me happy.....AND I was actually able to eat a salad today!

#29 of 41 Old 07-22-2014, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagnew View Post
I wasn't able to keep up with my garden. I worked so hard on it in the beginning, but then once i started feeling crummy I just couldn't seem to make myself go out in the heat and do what was needed. And the neighbors sprayed round-up on the fence line, killing my cuc's.

BUT... I have a ton of watermelon and cantaloupe that have somehow managed to keep growing nicely, so I am looking forward to those! And some of our sunflowers are blooming and they are so pretty. This is the first time I've planted sunflowers

You know, before I was even pg, I happened to commit to keeping the garden low-key. The first and last time I gardened was five years ago, and I went hog wild. I had no clue what I was doing, and we lived on a 1/3 acre at the time, so I had stuff everywhere. It led to major gardener burnout! I was too scared to do anything for the next few years, but this year, I finally decided enough was enough, and I committed to a small garden.

So, all that to say, I thankfully don't have that much to maintain. It also helps that I often send my 8.5 y/o out to do the watering. I have slacked on pruning and keeping my vines maintained. I was supposed to grow my melons vertically, but I never got around to hanging the trellis netting, so those vines are spilling out everywhere. Whoops!

I would be so upset if my neighbors killed something of mine! I'm glad you brought that up, though, because I need to ask mine if they spray anything. I've been thinking of planting lavender on our property line in the front yard. Our neighbor is extremely particular about his well-manicured yard (poor guy lives next to us...DH mows like every six weeks, and the previous owners' roses that are currently on the prop line look pathetic most of the time!), and I wouldn't be surprised if he sprays chemicals.

Melons are so great at not needing much tending!

This is my first year with sunflowers, too. I planted Russian mammoths, which I assumed would be big...I didn't know until a few weeks ago that they reach 7-12 feet!!! A couple are looking like they are going to start forming a head now, and the stalks are probably 7.5 feet or so. I can't wait to take pictures of us next to them when they are mature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeThatsMe View Post
I LOVE set-it-and-forget-it plants like those, @cagnew . Watermelon and canteloupe are going to be so nice in the dog days of August.

I haven't done a ton of tending, but some of our vegetables have still done okay--we should have a decent crop of carrots and beans, and our kale and broccoli have miraculously kept producing (on a super-small scale, but still--they're alive and edible stuff is on them!). And we might harvest one single beautiful tomato at the end of the summer, if something doesn't come along and eat it before then. This is our first year gardening, so I'm calling it a win.

Next year I am doing watermelon and that is a promise!

I love growing watermelon. I get giddy and call the kids out each time I see a new one growing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entiti View Post
Yay for thriving gardens!
I'm starting to see my cucs blossom, too....so precious And we've got a forest of tomatoes, which makes me happy.....AND I was actually able to eat a salad today!

I want a forest of tomatoes! I have seven tomato plants, and most of them have produced squat. The ones that did only gave me a handful of cherry tomatoes. Some of my friends are having issues this year, too, so maybe it's something going on in my area.

Five years ago, I went crazy and planted twenty tomato plants. Half of them were determinate Romas. I had never canned before, but convinced myself that I was going to learn that summer. I remember harvesting over two hundred tomatoes one day. Unfortunately, we were getting ready to go camping for a week, and I didn't have time to prep and can before we left. Having a 3.5 y/o and a 1.5 y/o didn't help, and I was pg to boot! I wanted to try to knock the tomatoes out when we got back, but major fires in the area (it had been 114*ish for that week) helped me land a lung infection, and I was really sick for a month. We sure did eat a lot of tomato salad, but we couldn't use them all.

So, I guess tomatoes are an all or nothing deal for me! Lol

#30 of 41 Old 07-22-2014, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Wowza!!!! I would say 200 maters is quite the accomplishment Ricki Jean! Dang! I've done that working on a farm, all kinds of heirloom beauties.....ahhhh, I just am in love with gardening! lol...

I would say the hardest, yet ironically the easiest part of gardening is watering. Because you HAVE to figure having a life in, and not being there to do it 24/7. That's why I believe the best thing to do first things first is plan a good watering system....and after that, fruiting is cake for the growing babies.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page